Sign in to follow this  
MegaMind

Please submit your questions for the Mo Pai FAQ

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Question..

What percentage of Mo Pai is done sitting. 

What percentage standing?

How does the standing relate and compliment the sitting meditation?

Breath pattern.. what type is used most often?

Really? 

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, moment said:

Really? 

sure.. why not.  I'm always interested in breathing patterns. 

Lengths, breaks, areas of concentration. 

I was also surprised to learn Mo Pai had standing practices.  Not sure how much its stressed.

You got better questions, then ask away.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I was also surprised to learn Mo Pai had standing practices.

The second technique, 50% of what they know, is a standing practice.  It is a Grunter's technique, bad for health.

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

The second technique, 50% of what they know, is a standing practice.  It is a Grunter's technique, bad for health.

I think this is what you are referring to. 

4 hours ago, thelerner said:

sure.. why not.  I'm always interested in breathing patterns. 

Lengths, breaks, areas of concentration. 

I was also surprised to learn Mo Pai had standing practices.  Not sure how much its stressed.

You got better questions, then ask away.

OK, well good luck.  I think I will move on.

4 hours ago, ralis said:

I think this is what you are referring to. 

No, that was a test.  The second technique is described in detail in this post.  It used to have pictures, and I should have copied the pictures, but the 'source' took the originals offline when they found they had spies sharing their 'secrets'.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

No, that was a test.  The second technique is described in detail in this post.  It used to have pictures, and I should have copied the pictures, but the 'source' took the originals offline when they found they had spies sharing their 'secrets'.

I had not read that before , and didnt really read it all now,  but the first post bought up some interesting points regarding tension .

In light of what you wrote , and my practices ;   I started young in hard school BS  MMA  ( Marketing Martial Arts )  , everything I now complain about , hard arse , we are tough,  school kid  Japo,  Amercian sport, 'kara-te' .

I had the first real AUTHORISED (mind you )  JKA/Shotokan  3rd dan ( and first Gaijun to get that )  Ozzie representative ... and vary tense and external hard school 'technically perfect'  Instructor .

But he died young .

Then I  got another one in a different style, that was originally awesome ( developed from a form of tribal kick fighting ) but for various reasons wanted to go into he JKA fold  - short story , similar to above but an awesome range competent  of kicks as well . That instructor was the HQs (in the Philippines ) rep for Australia .

But he died young  .  Actually BOTH  from 'MS' .

Now, I do something totally different, as you know,  and as I have said , Mr N, would constantly stop people and  " Relax !  Relax your body . .....  What's wrong ?   < massage shoulders , etc >  relax,  relax. "   I wont repeat it all again , I said it before and you say it in that post .

But now I know more why 'Sanchin form'  bugs me . Yes, I 'get it'   and it does it on the out breath , but when my 'instructor' springs it on me occasionally  and wants me to do it , I cant see why as it goes against OUR teachers teachings . And I NEVER seen a film of Mr. N doing it .    I also NEVER seen Mr N. break stuff ; rocks or boards , etc .    But I know that is part of Okinawan  practice.  Iron shirt  and withstanding blows  ( like the instructor kicking you with his work boots on as you hold each position in Sanchin ) is also practised.

But to practice both within one style  .... ?    :huh:

Hmmmm ... this just further clarifies my thoughts on what I thought WAS going on  in Shorin ryu and  with my 'teachers' in relation to Mr. N's  ......   ' contribution' .

Spoiler

Mr N died in his mid 60s .   Not from MS

As far as I know he had a form of brain cancer that developed rather suddenly . The only thing I heard a about a possible cause, and some other info I knew, possibly related to that  ;

Okinawans used to be renowned for longivity. It was put down to good climate, exercise and  a good diet of  sweet potato ( better than normal potato ), vegies,  lots of fish and seafood from very clean waters,  seaweed, rice,  and esepcially, traditionally with every meal, everyday, a little bitter melon .

That soon changed , Okinawa now has more US military base acreage    of land than any other country ( per total acreage ). Many people, esecpially the young eat at Mc Donalds, they dont like bitter melon because, well .... it's bitter .   And now the ocean is polluted .   (Even now a fav Okinawan staple is spam  , a WWII ration hangover ,

I kid you not !   ;

'Musubi'

beer-spam-musubi.jpg

I know Mr N made a lot of and ate Musubi , by then it was a traditional food .  But mosty, I heard that his friends scolded him for years about his fav fishing spot. He loved fishing and went fishing a lot and ate the fish he caught . His friends would ask him why he fishes at that spot , that is the part with the bad current , go to the other side of the island, there is good water there . But for some reason, he didnt .   he fished in what people believed had now become polluted waters and ate a lot of that fish .

Anyway . Thats all I know about that .  But the first two , both dying young and both of MS ....  ?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

But he died young .

Then I  got another one in a different style ...

But he died young

On reviewing my thread on Morepie I can see it needs some serious editing to make it more compact and streamlined, so it can be more readable.  Then I'll take it on the road again.

https://youtu.be/QexOuH8GS-Y

I also noticed that I had given away a rather important practice/training secret, which I do not want the Wimps to learn of, so I deleted that already.

I was reading on a yoga forum about all the flakes and amateurs that are teaching yoga, similar to chi kung.  A swami wrote that they are seriously fucking up their karma, so that makes me happy.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Well then a Question from one who has never really heard or read about Mopai  ...

Why is Mopai differentiated in Levels and what do these represent ?

... Srsly, Levels make it seem like a game or Westernisation ... its like Karate or Aikido ... you only really have one level which says: " I understand the basics and am still learning" but to get Fools hooked they say differentiate it into levels, and make examinations on that... also in the presence of  other Inner martial arts it seems weird, as you have the oh so often described stages  of internal cleansing and inner connection of the body, which makes levels feel obsolete, also levels make one overly arrogant as you can brag "yeah i reached that level i can finish you in seconds", which is never a good thing in any martial art

Edit:  I understand you want to see which stage you are in, but does it matter? Everyone has his own way and if he can only be brought to cultivate by separating it into levels he should study something else.

... Also you call this Forum in your Faq as full of fools, idiots and misinformation, sorry that makes your seeking for Questions for a FAQ seem like a mummers fart

Edited by Phantalor
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Phantalor said:

Well then a Question from one who has never really heard or read about Mopai  ...

Why is Mopai differentiated in Levels and what do these represent ?

... Srsly, Levels make it seem like a game or Westernisation ... its like Karate or Aikido ... you only really have one level which says: " I understand the basics and am still learning" but to get Fools hooked they say differentiate it into levels, and make examinations on that... also in the presence of  other Inner martial arts it seems weird, as you have the oh so often described stages  of internal cleansing and inner connection of the body, which makes levels feel obsolete, also levels make one overly arrogant as you can brag "yeah i reached that level i can finish you in seconds", which is never a good thing in any martial art

Edit:  I understand you want to see which stage you are in, but does it matter? Everyone has his own way and if he can only be brought to cultivate by separating it into levels he should study something else.

... Also you call this Forum in your Faq as full of fools, idiots and misinformation, sorry that makes your seeking for Questions for a FAQ seem like a mummers fart

I don't believe the FAQ says what you think it says. 

If you disagree please quote from it here so I can clear up any misunderstandings.

Also about the levels, each level does something different.

For example filling the LDT with yang chi, and the perineum with yin chi.

Compressing the LDT so you can pack in even more yang chi until it becomes a solid mass visible to the naked eye, and opaque on x-ray.

Breaking the cords that hold the LDT in place.

Sending the LDT down to the perineum point where it attaches to the yin center there, and rises back up.

Forcing the yin and yang centers to merge together.

Opening the channels from the LDT down the arm and out the center of the palm.

ETC.

There are 72 such levels which deal with developing different parts.

• Like 1

When people come there, they are met with all kinds of lies and disinformation to convince them they really don't want to pursue Mo Pai.

Is written in the Faq so yes it does say what i mentioned although not this extreme, which was more or less interpreted out of the stances that is taken in the rest of the faq

Also for the levels ... sorry but it reads like a Wuxia novel ...

From my knowledge, going by the levels you mention, to begin your training you would have to have a completely open body and system which you reach after years of correct Standing training in connection to yiquan or bagua.

For a complete novice that begins this training just from my knowledge it would be devastating to his meridian system, at least the second step just going by logic it may bring the feeling of power, but at the same one wrong step and your energy system is crippled...

i mean yeah i like the lets call it in Wuxia terms "body forging" system and the ideas behind it ... but just simulating the levels you mention in my mind gives you at least 60% chance to cripple your self in one of these "levels"

You power up your LDT as much as possible, then you compress it which gives rise to pressure (here lies the first problem you never really strengthened the rest of your body at least by your description) ok then you practically break your meridians as they are part of the "cords" that hold the LDT and then you send your LDT through the broken meridians Oo ... sounds convincing ... and im by no means someone that sees himself as knowledgeable but for me it sounds insane ... what may be what i would do if i had the idea myself, but i did not so nope 

Only going by what is written over Mopai the stages i would have expected are different ... and to stay by the novels here you go (you can add undercategories to get to 72 if you like):

1. Well lets call it body forging ... train your body till it is healthy and all is connected

2 SOmething like  whole body as one ... begin finding yor LDT

3. Yang Qi Bliss or so ... here add your first stage

4. Core building ... compressing the LDT

5. Core shattering ... the point in which you may cripple yourself 

6. Dual Cores ... that ying yang unity thingie

7.  HTF do you get from the LDT to the Arms without going through the MDT without completely burning/destroying your meridians?

72. Golden Mopai

PS.:

You got the sarcasm in the former text because of your Answer that is completely on an defensive and took it as my intention to attack you ... as i just stated some concerns which i see in your advertising and advising 

PPS:

You still did not answer my question about why there is a need for levels? i mean yeah you can differentiate many things into stages, but levels say something yeah ... you are on track but your way is off ... lets just quote the dao de jing: "The dao which can be named is not the true dao" 

Edited by Phantalor

55 minutes ago, Phantalor said:

Is written in the Faq so yes it does say what i mentioned although not this extreme, which was more or less interpreted out of the stances that is taken in the rest of the faq

Also for the levels ... sorry but it reads like a Wuxia novel ...

From my knowledge, going by the levels you mention, to begin your training you would have to have a completely open body and system which you reach after years of correct Standing training in connection to yiquan or bagua.

For a complete novice that begins this training just from my knowledge it would be devastating to his meridian system, at least the second step just going by logic it may bring the feeling of power, but at the same one wrong step and your energy system is crippled...

i mean yeah i like the lets call it in Wuxia terms "body forging" system and the ideas behind it ... but just simulating the levels you mention in my mind gives you at least 60% chance to cripple your self in one of these "levels"

You power up your LDT as much as possible, then you compress it which gives rise to pressure (here lies the first problem you never really strengthened the rest of your body at least by your description) ok then you practically break your meridians as they are part of the "cords" that hold the LDT and then you send your LDT through the broken meridians Oo ... sounds convincing ... and im by no means someone that sees himself as knowledgeable but for me it sounds insane ... what may be what i would do if i had the idea myself, but i did not so nope 

Only going by what is written over Mopai the stages i would have expected are different ... and to stay by the novels here you go (you can add undercategories to get to 72 if you like):

1. Well lets call it body forging ... train your body till it is healthy and all is connected

2 SOmething like  whole body as one ... begin finding yor LDT

3. Yang Qi Bliss or so ... here add your first stage

4. Core building ... compressing the LDT

5. Core shattering ... the point in which you may cripple yourself 

6. Dual Cores ... that ying yang unity thingie

7.  HTF do you get from the LDT to the Arms without going through the MDT without completely burning/destroying your meridians?

72. Golden Mopai

PS.:

You got the sarcasm in the former text because of your Answer that is completely on an defensive and took it as my intention to attack you ... as i just stated some concerns which i see in your advertising and advising 

PPS:

You still did not answer my question about why there is a need for levels? i mean yeah you can differentiate many things into stages, but levels say something yeah ... you are on track but your way is off ... lets just quote the dao de jing: "The dao which can be named is not the true dao" 

"Also you call this Forum in your Faq as full of fools, idiots"

"When people come there, they are met with all kinds of lies and disinformation to convince them they really don't want to pursue Mo Pai."

"Is written in the Faq so yes it does say what i mentioned"

Seems like you are confused.

" it reads like a Wuxia novel ..."

That really isn't something we can help, it is what it is.

"your advertising "

We have nothing to sell. 

We do not charge any money, nor accept donations.

"why there is a need for levels?"

If you are going to forge a sword from scratch, you would need to go mine the ore, then smelt the ore, then heat and hammer the metal into the shape you want, then fasten a handle, and sharpen the blade. 

You couldn't start with sharpening, if you haven't mined the ore yet.

That is why there is need for levels.

22 hours ago, MildMouse23 said:

If you are going to forge a sword from scratch, you would need to go mine the ore, then smelt the ore, then heat and hammer the metal into the shape you want, then fasten a handle, and sharpen the blade. 

You are not gonna set martial arts as the same as forging? ... i Forged things ... and if you do it right, it is every time the same procedure ... matial arts is not, as it differs for every human, day, mindset, etc. ... you can not even try to set everyone as the same, that would be insane ... therefore interesting ... but it does not take you onto the way, even worse, it leads you astray ... anyhow, i´m not gonna argue with you about this as it is the way you have choosen ... and consistency is to even walk wooden ways to the end

"Is written in the Faq so yes it does say what i mentioned"

Seems like you are confused.

i am not confused ... just insane ... what i mention consistently btw., but going by what i and you again quoted it very much says what you deny ... so no arguing on that

your advertising "

We have nothing to sell. 

We do not charge any money, nor accept donations.

look at the whole sentence ... not one point out of it ... i am de facto not native in english, so some phrases do not have to be right ... and advertising does not mean that you need to sell something, you in fact advertise for your FAQ which btw. is not a FAQ... reading this thing ... even for me it seems weird and belive me i have seen weird shit... lets say if i am not knowledgeable and reading it i would make a detour of at least a 100 miles around a mopai practitioner

What i am much more interested in is your stance on the other things i mentioned ...

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 2:45 PM, Phantalor said:

You are not gonna set martial arts as the same as forging? ... i Forged things ... and if you do it right, it is every time the same procedure ... matial arts is not, as it differs for every human, day, mindset, etc. ... you can not even try to set everyone as the same, that would be insane ... therefore interesting ... but it does not take you onto the way, even worse, it leads you astray ... anyhow, i´m not gonna argue with you about this as it is the way you have choosen ... and consistency is to even walk wooden ways to the end

i am not confused ... just insane ... what i mention consistently btw., but going by what i and you again quoted it very much says what you deny ... so no arguing on that

look at the whole sentence ... not one point out of it ... i am de facto not native in english, so some phrases do not have to be right ... and advertising does not mean that you need to sell something, you in fact advertise for your FAQ which btw. is not a FAQ... reading this thing ... even for me it seems weird and belive me i have seen weird shit... lets say if i am not knowledgeable and reading it i would make a detour of at least a 100 miles around a mopai practitioner

What i am much more interested in is your stance on the other things i mentioned ...

Forging is the best analogy I can think of.

There is a Kung Fu system associated with Mo Pai it is called Pa Lei Chuan (eight ways thunder boxing). 

No one in our group however pursues this for the martial arts aspect, we pursue it for the "forging" aspect.

As to us advertising for the FAQ, this was not my idea and I am only doing it because Sean the forum owner requested I do it.

Edited by MildMouse23

Sign in to follow this