Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Vagus nerve injuries and abdominal breathing

It would appear that some folks dealing with crippling body-mind issues have not yet discovered the healing power of chi kung and basic methodical, abdominal breathing.  TCM... thousands of years old... way ahead of the curve!

https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/i-now-suspect-the-vagus-nerve-is-the-key-to-well-being.html?fbclid=IwAR0glHLlN9a3tBxp6XbDwq5TyuvDDbpIqRlcNfiNAd-gJn6O-EYRTL6qovs

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Encephalon said:

It would appear that some folks dealing with crippling body-mind issues have not yet discovered the healing power of chi kung and basic methodical, abdominal breathing.  TCM... thousands of years old... way ahead of the curve!

https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/i-now-suspect-the-vagus-nerve-is-the-key-to-well-being.html?fbclid=IwAR0glHLlN9a3tBxp6XbDwq5TyuvDDbpIqRlcNfiNAd-gJn6O-EYRTL6qovs

Thank you for this :)

Unfortunately there's also a lot more to fixing the vagus nerve than abdominal breathing and mind body connection. In fact, i wouldn't even call it mind body connection. I would argue that the entire head has neurological connections that may represent the body in a parallel way. To go even deeper, you could argue that the body is actually the brain of the head. Not vice versa

The head is a computer finding identity, and unfortunately identifies by the things our body experiences.

So it can be as simple as abdominal breathing if you haven't had injuries, emotional/psychological trauma, etc etc. Or.. it can be as complex as  learning to reestablish neurological pathways between the head and body, learning to relax face, and breathe with all the parts of the body between neck and hip.

Something i recently realized was that my left side breathing was mostly affected by incorrect breathing due to the tension and constant utilization of the muscles under the jaw bone, face, and tongue.

There were a ton of things that i tried to fix in the body and face. With small incremental improvements. Through a ton of testing, it was the neurological fixing of the under jaw muscles, scalene, tongue, and diaphragm that made the difference.

• Like 4

@welkin could you please speak more about the fixing process you went through and a before/after snapshot? Also the neuro pathways, face relaxing, body breathing resources would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

Thank you very much, that is most useful and a great guidance for me to look into myself.

Another tip I can share is that sublingual B12 (Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12 2500 mcg in my experience) really helps if you any issues with the Vagus Nerve. Simple, cheap and effective.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Another tip I can share is that sublingual B12 (Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12 2500 mcg in my experience) really helps if you any issues with the Vagus Nerve. Simple, cheap and effective.

Yeah, +1. Cannot even count how many B12 supplements I've tried. That Jarrow Methyl B12 is second only to shelling for an IV drip. Have you tried the one with Folate by chance?

Sean

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sean said:

Yeah, +1. Cannot even count how many B12 supplements I've tried. That Jarrow Methyl B12 is second only to shelling for an IV drip. Have you tried the one with Folate by chance?

Sean

I haven't, what difference would it make? Fully agree that the Jarrow one is the best in terms of quality, price and effectiveness.

5 hours ago, alchemystical said:

I haven't, what difference would it make? Fully agree that the Jarrow one is the best in terms of quality, price and effectiveness.

Dunno really, was just gonna re-up tho and curious if it makes a difference. Same, Jarrow is great.

Sean

On 10/16/2019 at 6:38 PM, sean said:

Sean

B12 can be injected in the butt -- OTC in some countries (e.g. Mexico and Canada), and doctors in Europe used to be big on that, don't know about now.  B6 and B12 injections prescribed for everything the doctor couldn't diagnose and the patient couldn't tolerate.  And for prevention too.  E.g. for teens who started developing nearsightedness.  Good old days. 

These days I eat liver though.  

On 10/17/2019 at 1:56 AM, alchemystical said:

I haven't, what difference would it make? 

Folate can make a huge difference for people with MTHFR gene issues, which are not that uncommon and can range from very mild to very debilitating.  I recall a thread about it sometime ago but wouldn't know how to find it.   (MTHFR is the abbreviation for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, but if you thought it stands for "motherf..r" you wouldn't be incorrect either.)    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this