Sebastian

The Power of Spiritual Affinity

Hey Bums 

Recently I've been thinking about the power of spiritual affinity, and its real-life effects. Let me begin by showcasing what I mean by "effects".

It is said that Saint Francis developed stigmata in his hands and feet because he was so connected to the image of Jesus on the cross that his physical body was imprinted with the information. 

It is also said that one famous counterfeit painter that had a deep affinity with DaVinci re-created his paintings and they were almost as good as the originals, at least to the untrained eye. When he was caught and asked how he could do work so exquisite and precise, he just said he imagined he was the Master Painter when he was drawing them. He was mostly uneducated and didn't have access to advanced tools, but he was sincere when he pretended to be DaVinci. And his sincerity somehow led to perfect forgeries.

These two examples are for inspiration, so please don't take them at face value, although these stories have been passed down. But they illustrate the point I'm trying to make - namely, the power of "spiritual affinity" between two people.

A less fantastical example would be someone I know that sincerely connected to her Master, and then found herself waking up at 3:30 am in the morning for no reason. She only knew later that this was the time that the Master used to rise.

Anyways, I could go and on. But it might be more helpful for you to gain a feel for this. So let's do a small exercise. Think of all the Masters and people that are very close to you in your life. And then think about the times were you caught yourself speaking like them, imitating them, or behaving like them. You might be surprised. You might say you respect such and such, yet you never caught yourself acting like them. But every time you read a certain author, maybe a scholar or a columnist you enjoy, you might notice that their energy carries into your day-to-day and you might use the same words or style of writing as them later in the day. This is what I mean by spiritual resonance. In other words, effortless transmission of energy between two actors that are somehow closely linked, yet could be miles or times apart.

I still can't pin-point what this is, maybe it's karma related I don't know. But it seems people have it or they don't. And what I know is that it opens a huge door for spiritual development if the person you have affinity with is achieved spiritually.

Personally the person I resonate with most is someone I met around when I first joined DaoBums and who guided me briefly. It's not an intellectual conclusion, weighing all the qualities of that person and then making an informed decision. No nothing shallow like that. It's just an objective observation. I notice that when I connect to this person even briefly, I find I speak like him, I write like him, I think like him, I organize my day like him, even without knowing what his day looks like. Basically, these things are "taught" or revealed to me by the energy, which has a life of its own. I easily learn new things from it. Somehow the door for transmission is completely open, like for that fellow that was learning from DaVinci as he was counterfeiting the paintings.

Anyways, sorry to get "new agey" with this observation, but I thought I would share as it may have some value for you. Think about all the people that you resonate with in your life, and see how much of them are in you, or "are you". This might be the path you need to focus on, even if your intellect is reluctant. And maybe the spiritual game is not only a matter of choosing the most powerful Master like Buddha or Jesus or Medicine Buddha, but finding the one you resonate with most. And being sincere to that Master like the DaVinci painter, who also evidently admired him. These things usually go hand in hand.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Do any of you guys resonate with certain people or have any stories to share ?

Thanks,

Seb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You are completely correct, and you understand it all accurately, but you miss the most important point of ALL OF THIS. That truely brings all of it to full blown realisation to you. Of why this is the way it is the way it is!

You are not ment to follow these masters, you are ment to BE LIKE THEM. So you completely get it. But why do you even want to be like them? Because it feels better to you, when you do so. And why does it feel better for you to do so. Because when you be like them, you are not being like them! You are being more fully LIKE ALL THAT YOU TRUELY ALREADY ARE. You are aligning with your own true nature more fully. That is why it feels good to you emotionally to simply enjoy being whoever you want to truely be.

Because you true nature is simply free to choose to be do or have whatever you want to be do or have. So does it matter, who or what you choose to be do or have? NO! The point is, the essence, the value is, your alignment with your OWN SOUL, your own greater non-physical consciousness, which knows all the souls of all the other beings, of all the greater non-physical consciousnesses. And when you are in full alignment with your own greater non-physical consciousness, and you allow that inspiration to flow more fully and freely through you, you enjoy life, you enjoy being, doing or having whatever you want, for the joy of being in full alignment with ALL THAT YOU TRUELY ARE IN THAT MOMENT! Even if that means, you are enjoying experiencing yourself to be like someone else, then that joy, is indicating your alignment with your path of least resistance, towards your evermore allowed being and becoming all that you truely want to be do or have evermore here and now allowed to come to full realisation for you by you as you, with you, from you, to you, etc. 

So you are not really being them, for even THEY cannot even be who they were. There is no such thing as going back to less. Existance is simply being and becoming evermore. You can even literally experience a going back in time, and then looking at yourself. But that person, IS NOT YOU! IT is a different version of you, in the same here and now! Where EVERYTHING IN EXISTANCE EXISTS HERE AND NOW. And in the same way, you are being a different version of YOURSELF EVERMORE.

And so existance simply is all the ways that existance has of coming to know itself in all the ways that it can, from all the different points of view that, YOU ALL ARE, of existance, coming to know itself from a different point of view. Evermore here and now! As every single here and now moment, is a new here and now moment, a new universe all together, a new here and now moment, UNLIKE ANY THAT HAS EVER BEEN BEFORE! OR WILL EVER BE LIKE IT EVER AGAIN!

So to realise, you literally die 5 billions times per second, and yet, HERE YOU ARE. Fully aware, fully you, fully stable, consciously aware, a physical being, in full health and well being. Becoming a new person 5 billion times per second. And this is so easy for you to do so, you don't even need to try it, you just do it naturally. Effortlessly. Simply for the joy of your evermore being and becoming. Whatever you wanna be do or have.

And why do you do this? To come to a greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. And so, how do you know, if you are allowing yourself to flow more fully here and now, with all that you've truely become, and are being and becoming the evermoreness of it? You know, by virtue of how it feels, emotionally, energy motionally to you. Because this alignment is with YOU. You are not being more in alignment with someone else. You are coming into greater allignment with your own soul, your own greater non-physical consciousness. And your greater non-physical consciousness is not some place other than right here and now! Fully available to you evermore. So you can always feel very good right here and now, or even feel better, to come more fully in alignment with all that you truely are being and becoming here and now.

You are flowing it through you, and the more fully you flow it through you, without contradiction, thus more allowed alignment, the better you feel here and now. And the more you come to realise all that you truely want to be do or have evermore fully here and now for yourself.As your evermore allowed flow of inspired in spiraling inspirations of your own true nature of being and becoming evermore here and now, in full alignment with the source of all creation and your greater non-physical consciousness. For the joy of your evermore being and becoming, whatever you wanna be, do or have, for the joy of your evermore being and becoming, in evermore greater allowed realisation of all the joys of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore.

Because this emotion that you feel, is about the relativity, between your physical and greater non-physical consciousness. It is not about the relativity between your consciousness and some other physical being. Every single experience you have in life, is all about this alignment/misalignment of you (physical) and You (non-physical). And the more you are in alignment here and now with all that you truely have become, and are being and becoming the evermoreness of it, the better you feel emotionally, energy motionally. And again, the more fully you allow yourself to come to realise all that you truely want to be do or have evermore here and now for yourself.

And yes, all that you truely are, is connected with all the people in your life. As every single person in your life, is your soul mate. And so to realise this, and to be more in alignment with our own true nature of being and becoming evermore, in full joy, you allow everything to come to greater realisation for you evermore. Of whatever you wanna be do or have.

And why do you do that? Simply for the joy of your evermore being and becoming. So here you have perfectly shared with us that you truely understand how energy works. And how everything in life is all about energy alignment. But to then understand, why you want to align with certain energies, is because YOUR GREATER NON-PHYSICAL CONSCIOUSNESS HAS ALREADY BECOME IT, AND IS EVERMORE HERE AND NOW BEING AND BECOMING THE EVERMORENESS OF IT FOR YOU EVERMORE.

So whenever you find, that you are, in your consciousness, focusing on something, that feels very good to you, it means, that you are allowing yourself to come  into more fully allowed/realised alignment with the fullness of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore fully realised by you thus then more fully here and now as all that you truely are, being and becoming evermore, physical and non-physical, fully co-blended, co-harmonized. Converging, synchronising. Coming to greater allowed realisation of your joy evermore.

And those signs of synchronisity, is simply indicating, you are being on your path, more fully, in alignment with all that you've truely become, and are being and becoming evermore, in full joy, and evermore greater allowed realisations of all that you truely want to be do or have evermore. For the joy of your evermore being and becoming. 

So yes, understanding that everything is energy, is of great benefit. For then we no longer create this unnecessary seperation, between physical and non-physical being. So we no longer place so much emphasis on the physical reality, because those physical realities, they don't create themselves! They do so, through you! And so to come back to full realisation, of all that you truely are, as your fully allowed to flow and realisation of your greater non-physical consciousness. For the joy of your very own evermore being and becoming, whatever you wanna be do or have, evermore so freely and joyously and effortlessly and enjoyably. To simply be true to YOU. If that means that you enjoy being like someone else, then all the more joy to you! Evermore! There is absolutely nothing that you cannot be do or have. If this physical time space reality, has the wherewithal to inspire a desire in you, and for you and with you, and through you, it has the wherewithall to bring it to you NOW, EVERMORE. The gap of time is only about the relativity between you (physical) and You (greater non-physical consciousness). For your greater non-physical consciousness, of pure positive energy, or soul, as the breath of the source of all creation, being and becoming evermore here and now, in full harmony with the source of all creation, of the energy which creates worlds, as your non-physical greater consciousness, FULLY always becomes all that you ask for, and is being and becoming the evermoreness of it evermore here and now.

So all you gotta do, is find anyway to feel better emotionally, and thus flow your greater non-physical consciousness more fully through you in doing so, to allow your very own coming to evermore greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore, in evermore greater allowed and realised joy and freedom and love, and all those good feeling positive emotions that simply indicate your here and now alignment with the FULLNESS of ALL that you truely are being and becoming evermore, of who you truely are, as a TOTAL being, a total fully realised being. Physical and non-physical, hand in hand, together, co-harmonized, co-blended, converging. Meeting up with the fullness of you. Of all that you've become. And are being and becoming the evermoreness of, evermore. To simply be in alignment with that feels very good. As that is what is natural to you. And who you truely are ment to be, and will always wanna be. So you will always wanna feel better, and thus feel very good. And thus simply more fully be all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. For the joy of your evermore unique being and becoming evermore. For there is no one like you, and never has been and never will be ever again. AND AGAIN, THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU, NEVER HAS BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE EVER AGAIN. AND AGAAAAAIN. EVERMORE FULLY HERE AND NOW EVERMORE!

So joy to you. Evermore.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Everything said:

You are not ment to follow these masters, you are ment to BE LIKE THEM. So you completely get it.

Powerful quote Everything.

I know I tend to get caught up with this. As you write, I become "like them", which at the same time is becoming like Me. It feels wonderful, so then I feel grateful to them, and then I feel I need to follow them to pay respect or something. So that's where I get caught up sometimes. 

You are aligning with your own true nature more fully.

Spoke to me as well.

Perhaps these specific Masters we each resonate with are literally open doors to our higher selves. That would be the true meaning of an "open door" - A port hole, somewhere in the universe, where energetic information comes through effortlessly. And this happens between two people who have spiritual resonance. So we each have different doors. 

You can still connect to anyone of course and receive some energetic information as well. It still works. But I'm saying there *might* be some special people in your life, or magic doors if you will, that will just heighten everything about your own experience and speed things up for you. You just have to be lucky enough to find them somehow, and then tap into them, effortlessly as you become like them, effortlessly. That's how it feels to me at this point, at least.

AND AGAIN, THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU, NEVER HAS BEEN, AND NEVER WILL BE EVER AGAIN. AND AGAAAAAIN. EVERMORE FULLY HERE AND NOW EVERMORE!

Heck yeah... I know of no other Qigong enthusiast that connects to Raccoons to build up Qi. Mostly during mating season though, that's when their Yang Qis are rising.

AND NEVER WILL BE EVER AGAIN. AND AGAAAAAIN

By the way, that sounds like a typical Blink 182 chorus, lol.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sebastian said:

He was mostly uneducated and didn't have access to advanced tools, but he was sincere when he pretended to be DaVinci. And his sincerity somehow led to perfect forgeries.

I have a friend like that.  He does exquisite modern paintings with a Native American theme.  His works were collected by Pres. Reagan and also the King of Sweden.  I asked him once where he found his creativity, and he did a little twirl right in front of me and placed an invisible hat on his head.  Said it was his Picasso hat.  It was that simple.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

You can still connect to anyone of course and receive some energetic information as well. It still works. But I'm saying there *might* be some special people in your life, or magic doors if you will, that will just heighten everything about your own experience and speed things up for you. You just have to be lucky enough to find them somehow, and then tap into them, effortlessly as you become like them, effortlessly. That's how it feels to me at this point, at least.

Well, yes and right now you are my magical universe door opener.

• Like 1

My experiences point to similar things. Sometimes it happens without our conscious control. 

When i I went to my master, he initiated me in the lineage with a transfer of power. After that I would wake up between 3-4 am, body asleep, mind fully awake. That’s when my master starts his practices every morning. It was like that everyday for months. Then I went developed my own routine :) 

I’ve had many such things happen to me. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, manitou said:

I have a friend like that.  He does exquisite modern paintings with a Native American theme.  His works were collected by Pres. Reagan and also the King of Sweden.  I asked him once where he found his creativity, and he did a little twirl right in front of me and placed an invisible hat on his head.  Said it was his Picasso hat.  It was that simple.

Loved this, thanks. Shows that sincerity and innocence goes a long way in the spiritual world. Is your friend Jeremy Winborg ? I ask because he also draws Native American scenes and people with a modern touch, like you described. Check him out at least, I like his work. One of my favorites of his is this one, which goes hand in hand with the spirit of your quote.

Raising_the_Daughter_of_Jairus__48477.14

I don't know if you recall, it's the story of the daughter of Jarius in the Bible, she was deathly ill. She was also convinced that just seeing Jesus she would heal - she had a child's-like innocence and faith about it. Then one day Jesus happened to be around her in a crowd of people, and she mustered all her strength and secretly touched the hem of his garment. Instantly Qi flew by and she was healed. Jesus felt it but he didn't know what happened, so he asked the person who touched his robe to stand forward in the crowd. Then the lady came forward, embarrassed, and told the whole story. Then Jesus saw her sincerity. He explained that he actually didn't do the healing, he didn't do anything at all.... he said something like : "you healed by yourself through the power of your faith and sincerity of heart".

This is true in Qigong too. If you image a Divine Light in front of you, and you make a sincere prayer to it, with an innocent and receptive heart like that girl... energy will start to shift, very strongly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Everything said:

Well, yes and right now you are my magical universe door opener.

Well yesterday you were mine. Seriously, I enjoyed your post thank you.