Sebastian

Hun & Po as they relate to Natural Meditation

Hey Guys,

Help me understand these qualities, and how they relate to spiritual development. In another thread someone quoted the wonderful member "Dao Zhen" as saying that the "hun gets strengthened" through practice - what does that mean exactly ?

When I write natural meditation, I mean a form of meditation were you marry the body and the mind without doing anything. So more like wu-wei meditation, not sitting practice. Although I'm also interested in the effects of any kind of 'active meditation' on these groups of spirits, and how they might relate to spiritual development, just to gain a better understanding.

One famous Master & writer in the West writes poetically that the marriage (or intercourse he says) of the mind and body gives birth to spirits. From his view-point, natural meditation gives birth to new spiritual lives inside of you. He also writes that you become pregnant with them, and you can communicate with them. Perhaps these new spirits end up into your hun ?

It's a bit esoteric, and I'm no Taoist expert, so thanks for explaining your experiences or thoughts about hun and po to me. For example, does strengthening hun mean adding new spirits to it ? Or just strengthening the energy. The Master's personal experience was that hun and po are actually "groups" of spirits, or collections of entities, which is interesting, but way above my pay-grade...

Thanks all

Seb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IME po gives good positive mind. It is an earthly aspect that creates physical order (at least from the observers perspective). #

Hun is the ability to see your mind. It is your natural luminiscence of the mind. It survives forever, even after your heart leaves it alone. So it is able to see its acitivity forever, always creating new impressions without being an impression itself, always watching without experiencing one pointned any one of its caused phenomena.

Strenghtening hun increases your morals and own reflection of your own impressions. Strenghtening po increases your ability to analyse.

• Like 1