Just now, Zork said:

Dappa dappa doo! :P

Ooga-chaka ooga-chaka, ooga, ooga, ooga-chaka

I can’t stop this feeling...

i once managed to sneeze with my eyes open. Does it count? :lol:

My wife can touch her nose with her tongue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zork said:

i once managed to sneeze with my eyes open. Does it count? :lol:

You may be ready to move on to the next level.  An ophthalmologist taught me to sneeze with my mouth open.  He asserted it prevents a potentially harmful sneezing-induced sudden spike of intraocular pressure.  If you sneeze with your mouth closed, the pressure is diverted to the eyes where it doesn't belong.  (Keeping your mouth open while sneezing seems to be yet another natural thing suppressed by the civilized custom to reduce, minimize or conceal any physiological functions from others out of what we call politeness, and what is really an avoidance of too-obvious signs of aliveness.  Expressing aliveness without mandatory inhibitions on its permissible range is something we commonly perceive as disturbing.)  The first time I tried it, I scared myself and everybody around --  turns out the real sound of the sneeze is waaaay louder than when you prevent your mouth from turning into a resonating chamber by keeping it closed.  But once you try this, there's no going back.  Too liberating and enjoyable.

I hope it doesn't count as more weird things than one per post (which is what the OP asked for) if I add to the weirdness of my sneezing protocols while at it.  I sneeze from cold air or any type of draft blowing on the lower part of my legs, right above the ankle, unless they're protected with some type of clothes.  Which is why in the season of socks I never wear the no-sock socks.  And I never sneeze once.  Only in series of 3, 6 or 9.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My first memory this life is of a dream that led to an obe.  I was three. It was an intensely Bad dream.  In my desperation to flee the situation in the dreamscape, I found my awareness hovering above my sleeping form.  When I associated my awareness with the sleeping body, body reawoke with awareness back within.  It's been a given, natural thing my whole life, that awareness depends not on form, but vice versa.  Before I had a notion or concept of death, I'd experience being aware while free of form.  Also, due to the horrific nature of the dream, I've been lucid and actively influencing the shape and topic of my dreams my entire life.

If i sneeze, i sneeze twice.  That's just how it is.

Taomeow is absolutely right.  Mouth open sneezing.  Loud as fuck and Pure awesome!

Mimicked my Dad who always sneezed like that... scared the bejesus out of me regularly.

eta:  just had sense memory of dad sneezing...

if he sneezed in the car with the windows partially rolled down, they would rattle.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/09/2019 at 10:14 AM, liminal_luke said:

I was a very flexible piano player in my youth so to show off for visiting relatives I used to play the Maple Leaf Rag with my feet behind my head.

NO !  I am NOT going to ask how you manipulated the pedals !

• Haha 2

Y'see, thats what happens . Everybody remembers a name like that . Peeps be going  'Hey Dr Bacon, how are ya ? ' ....  ' Yo,  Dr Bacon, whatsup ? ' ..... 'Hey Dr Bacon , man , got any moe bushbud ?'   ... and I haven't a clue who they are       :unsure:

"  Errrmmm ... hi   ... hello .....   how's it hangin .....   <  aside to work mate   >   who the fuck was that" ?

Workmate ;  ' What ! You dont know who that is ?'

'Nope '

'Thats  ......  ( whatever )  ! '

'Nope '

'They are a famous actor , surely you have seen ........  ( some lame movie )

' Nope ' 

'Or ..... , ........  or  ........ "

'Nope .'

'You're pathetic ! ' 

' Yep. '

( Oooo a chance to reveal more 'weird stuff'  ;   I also used to do morning circle  (intro, info , directions etc )  at our festivals , me in front of a few hundred  ( again they all get to know me as I am just one, but to me they are a sea of faces) . Also I did public tarot for years , same situation. And worked in a public hospital for years , similar situation . All these peeps be saying hello and me  .... Hi  <shrug>

One time I was in my old home town, visited my Mom, and some remaining friends. Got  off chops and was wandering around the shopping mall and this nice looking vaguely familiar lady comes up to me says hello and starts gushing and I am .....  " Oh yes ... really  ... uh-hu  ...'  and she stops and goes ;

'You dont even know who I am do you ! "

"Errmmm .... someone I  nursed in hospital ? Some one I did a tarot reading for  ...   ummmm  a '' customer '  '?

"  Harumph !   I am your Auntie !   Auntie Molly ! ' " 

Oh dear     :blush:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I enjoy being cut open by the surgeon's knife. My wife thinks I am slightly(only slightly?)bonkers. I am shockingly mad, in a good way. I had my most recent operation last month, removing cancerous growths from my stomach and duodenum. I go back in 3 months for a follow up operation to make sure they caught everything. Happy days! I am not worried because it is a part of my dance through life and death.

I have rehearsed my own death, just in case!

I will pull through, because that is what I do.

END.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gentlewind said:

I will pull through, because that is what I do.

You will my friend....My Light to you. Just remember that the Sun shines on our lives, inside, and outside.

Thanks for the quotes in your signature.

As Leonard Cohen wrote, the light only needs a small crack to get through.

Yours is already wide open.

Even in the darkness you see yourself clearly.

The Light is in you.

Take care 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, Zork said:

I have wisdom teeth and the additional worthless tendon in the arms.

Haha!

The tendon is not worthless, it can be used for lots of good stuff!

I love so-called internal martial arts like baguazhang and taijiquan and MMA style arts like Muay Thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Judo and boxing.

I find the oft-antagonistic divide between these two "camps" unnecessary and I hope to see more cross-pollination between them in my lifetime.

I also wish this wasn't weird, but it seems unfortunately so for some reason? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sean

• Like 3

I like the colorfulness, fellowship, eccentricity and ethos of Burning Man. 

I like extremes, going to a place like the Trump tower where they serve $1024 cocktails (I get a $9 beer) and scrounging at cheap dive bars)

A Libra, I like to find balance, and equally to be knocked off kilter every now and then. 

• Like 1

I cry a lot - movies, thoughts about my kids, the state of our compassion and community in my country, animals being hurt or dead on the road, whatever. It’s not a depressing cry, it’s a releasing and a realization of the inseparability of joy and sorrow.

• Like 4

In Street Fighter 2 I always pick Blanka and camp on one end of the screen, generating electricity. I have no use for any other moves. This shows the power of the DanTian too. After a while of crouching animal Zhan Zhuang I can zap any guy that comes at me.

blanka_a2.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&sig

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

In Street Fighter 2 I always pick Blanka and camp on one end of the screen, generating electricity. I have no use for any other moves. This shows the power of the DanTian too. After a while of crouching animal Zhan Zhuang I can zap any guy that comes at me.

I hate to admit this, but I’m that asshole that always picks Chun-Li and does that obnoxious lightning kick thing after cornering my opponent. 🤭

Sean

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, steve said:

I cry a lot - movies, thoughts about my kids, the state of our compassion and community in my country, animals being hurt or dead on the road, whatever. It’s not a depressing cry, it’s a releasing and a realization of the inseparability of joy and sorrow.

Same! 💯 ❤️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sean said:

I hate to admit this, but I’m that asshole that always picks Chun-Li and does that obnoxious lightning kick thing after cornering my opponent. 🤭

Sean

At least you weren’t ZanGRIEF!

11 hours ago, sean said:

I love so-called internal martial arts like baguazhang and taijiquan and MMA style arts like Muay Thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Judo and boxing.

I find the oft-antagonistic divide between these two "camps" unnecessary and I hope to see more cross-pollination between them in my lifetime.

I also wish this wasn't weird, but it seems unfortunately so for some reason? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sean

Same here. I find the jerks in both internal and external often aren’t very skilled whereas the ace fighters I knew had nothing but praise for the systems.

They praised the people dedicating years of their lives to perfection, not the “I can armbar ya bruh!” Or “I can fajin your ass!” kinda bullshit.

Closest friends of mine do Muay Thai, Silat, Kali, boxing, BJJ and karate, and we all love cross-training. None of them want to stand for an hour in Zhan Zhuang with me though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I actually used E. Honda.

These days I love Rufus and Birdie or Bob.

3 hours ago, steve said:

1 hour ago, sean said:

Same! 💯 ❤️

Puts me in mind of a quote by Rilke, my wife texted me out of the blue yesterday.

"Sadness is the soul recognizing change."

Time to revisit this old friend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I actually used E. Honda.

E.Honda was definitely a Qigong Master.... No way he could fly and head-butt you like that without some serious Qi. Although he was Japanese, so probably said it "Ki" instead of Qi. And in his leisure time he would soak his fat belly in hot springs.... some kind of guy. Nice selection sir.

latest?cb=20190801063156

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebastian said:

E.Honda was definitely a Qigong Master.... No way he could fly and head-butt you like that without some serious Qi. Although he was Japanese, so probably said it "Ki" instead of Qi. And in his leisure time he would soak his fat belly in hot springs.... some kind of guy. Nice selection sir.

latest?cb=20190801063156

I always play acroFATic characters, man! Even Earthquake from Samurai Shodown! Especially because Bob and Rufus, especially Rufus, are the best and most accurate depiction of Americans! :D