Hey Dao Buddies,

So like anything... but only one thing per post. If you're super weird, you can multiple-post in my thread.

I go first. I have a weird obsession with raccoons. Like In my Zhan Zhuang under the hood thread I started a while back. You might recall I was trying to illustrate correct posture with raccoon images.

raccoon.JPG

And then I also like to make raccoon related jokes. Like -> I listen to "raccoon roll" music. (Yeah I know, weak)

But seriously ? They scare the heck out of me. That's what's weird.

Like when I was walking home from the office in California they were fighting to the death in the streets during mating season, and I found myself skipping steps home.

I hope we can all go from here, and spark an interesting discussion about other people's weirdness.

Thanks,

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

When I worked in the film industry , my name  ( everyone was given some silly or strange 'nickname '  )  was  Dr Bacon .   My boss even made me wear  a Dr Bacon  name  tag .  I was introduced to all sorts of people  ( grunts, directors , Keanu Reeves, Pamela Anderson, Hugo Weaving .....)   and they all  ;

:huh:

Why was I called Dr Bacon  ?    Well, thats a rather  yukky story .  :blush:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Once, a long time ago, in the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC, I yelled at an American senator, who is also a former gold medalist of an Olympic basketball team and a current corporate director of Starbucks, "get the fuck away from me, you creep," and pushed him out of my way.    

I didn't actually hate his politics, on the contrary, I owed him (long story.)  But that day, he was hanging out at the terminal on the very eve of the elections in order to shake commuters' hands as they were passing by.  Bad idea.  The lighting in those walkways leading to NJ Transit buses was abysmal.  He intercepted me and my co-worker, who were rushing to catch our bus, amidst ominous shadows -- we were, as always, in a hurry and practically running.  So all that registered in my narrowly focused field of vision was this huge gorilla-like shape suddenly jumping out at me from the shadows without a warning, arms spread wide as though to force an embrace on me or to swat me like a fly, blocking my way.  I pushed, swerved,  yelled what I cited above, and increased my speed.  I was surprised to find my co-worker was not following suit and instead stopped to interact with the gorilla.  Apologizing for me, as it turned out.  She did recognize him.

In hind sight -- now that Starbucks has become what it has become, I think I ought to have punched him too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

I was a very flexible piano player in my youth so to show off for visiting relatives I used to play the Maple Leaf Rag with my feet behind my head.

We're missing the "wow" emoji.  We need it.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I was a very flexible piano player in my youth so to show off for visiting relatives I used to play the Maple Leaf Rag with my feet behind my head.

How does that even work ? Reminds me of the inverted raccoon yoga pose....

Edited by Sebastian
Typo
  • Haha 1

I have an intense, visceral disgust of lavender. I'm not "smell-sensitive" in any other way. I can tolerate all manner of dank cheese, pungent fish, fragrant smoke, any other plant oil I've encountered, etc. I just can't stand lavender. Which sucks because hippies love putting that shit in everything now. 😤

Sean

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, sean said:

I have an intense, visceral disgust of lavender. I'm not "smell-sensitive" in any other way. I can tolerate all manner of dank cheese, pungent fish, fragrant smoke, any other plant oil I've encountered, etc. I just can't stand lavender. Which sucks because hippies love putting that shit in everything now. 😤

Sean

Lots of bugs hate lavender too, so...

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Lots of bugs hate lavender too, so...

Very interesting.... Sean may have been a bug in a past life.

👋 Carry on.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

And NO, I won’t say which one or which series it was (no one will ever find it)!

What about all the members here that have third eyes opened. Did you think of that ?

When mine opens, you're gown down man !

👋 Please proceed.

• Haha 3

Just now, Sebastian said:

What about all the members here that have third eyes opened. Did you think of that ?

When mine opens, you're gown down man !

👋 Please proceed.

Are you undressing me with your eye? 😳

😱

🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Are you undressing me with your eye? 😳

😱

🤣

Not my type man.... mostly interested in raccoons in the 15 pound-ish range. But I think your avatar is quite good looking.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sean said:

I thought this topic was a safe space, free of lavender-aversion shaming?

In one of my favorite novels, one of the main protagonists, Pontius Pilate, hated the smell of the rose oil more than anything in the world.  It gave him horrible migraines.  Jesus cured him. 

Have you tried prayer for your lavender condition? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

In one of my favorite novels, one of the main protagonists, Pontius Pilate, hated the smell of the rose oil more than anything in the world.  It gave him horrible migraines.  Jesus cured him. 

Have you tried prayer for your lavender condition?

Oooohh The Master and Margarita! 👏❤️

Sean

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sean said:

I have an intense, visceral disgust of lavender.

My wife has that too. Are you related? :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zork said:

My wife has that too. 

Anything weird about you Zork ? 

Looking at your avatar and your penchant for Latin.... did you know that 'insect' in latin is 'insectum' ?

Well, I think we all learned something today. Although it's only a semi-brag because I just Googled it.

Thanks,

Sebby

2 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Anything weird about you Zork ? 

I can move my ears and independently if i want :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Zork said:

I can move my ears and independently if i want :D

You mean you can move one ear separately from the other?  :o I can move my ears fine, but both of them together.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

You mean you can move one ear separately from the other?  :o I can move my ears fine, but both of them together.

Yes individually. :)

What can i say, i am probably not so evolved. I have wisdom teeth and the additional worthless tendon in the arms.

Maybe i somehow got stuck at the stone age. :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zork said:

Yes individually. :)

What can i say, i am probably not so evolved. I have wisdom teeth and the additional worthless tendon in the arms.

Maybe i somehow got stuck at the stone age. :D

Taoists are more interested in Fred Flintstone and his natural physique and life compared to George Jetson and his 31st century dependence on toys and technology anyway.

Oonga Boonga!

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Taoists are more interested in Fred Flintstone and his natural physique and life compared to George Jetson and his 31st century dependence on toys and technology anyway.

Oonga Boonga!

Dappa dappa doo! :P