Sign in to follow this  
Apech

Chat Room?

I removed the link in the header but the Slack group still exists. I've also been considering shuttering the Slack chat though. Would that devastate anyone?

Sean

1 hour ago, sean said:

I removed the link in the header but the Slack group still exists. I've also been considering shuttering the Slack chat though. Would that devastate anyone?

Sean

I and a few others are using it almost on a daily basis. Others chime in occasionally.

We would be really sad if it ceased to exist... :(

Michael

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sean said:

Sean

If you could keep it going I would appreciate it.  Not many use it right now but it used to be quite lively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apech said:

If you could keep it going I would appreciate it.  Not many use it right now but it used to be quite lively.

Those were the days! :D

Who knows, maybe they will be revived? Time is circular...

I liked the old chat room.  I think it was a good source for getting people together.  Under used though. 

I never got the hang of Slack.  I messed up the password and seemed too much of a bother to set it straight.  I'm getting old, passwords are my nemesi. 

• Like 2

From my perspective, the old style chat room that was integrated was used quite a bit.  Once it went to Slack, it dropped off but a few kept a presence. 

The free slack has an advantage that it automatically deletes history... but the con is it is not tied to the website in any way and requires a separate registration.   

I think there should be something but integrated, if possible, is better.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dawei said:

From my perspective, the old style chat room that was integrated was used quite a bit.  Once it went to Slack, it dropped off but a few kept a presence. 

The free slack has an advantage that it automatically deletes history... but the con is it is not tied to the website in any way and requires a separate registration.   

I think there should be something but integrated, if possible, is better.   

I do not use slack and do not want to use it. I would have liked the old chat more.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this