l0tt0

An older Newbie - interests in Nei Kung, internal strength, energy

Hello,

I'm 56 years old so I've lived a long time compare to some of you but maybe not to others.  I've had success and failure in western society.  I've been at the top of the mountain in business, health and family life, and also I'm currently traversing the deep valleys below.  If any of that matters, I'm happy to share more.  Reflecting back I made tons of mistakes, like everyone else I suppose, but I'm ready to disengage from my old life and start a new one.   I see clearly the religious and political structures built to divide us and I want no part of it.  I'm burned out from consumerism and I don't do pop culture.  Never had a facebook account and never will.  

As I look back on the fruits of my toils I see much wasted energy and time but I count this as wisdom.  I'm scarred but not jaded. Still hopeful and I see good all around. 

My journey has brought me here. I'm not experienced in martial arts and I have recently started with meditation.  I do this every day, following the work of a guy name Joe Dispenza. He seems well intended but like most things these days, you gotta pay to play.  Further, its not really the direction I want to go.   I am interested in developing my internal strength and power in order to do whatever good I can in my life and those with whom I come in contact. 

Love the following books but you may say its all garbage, I don't know:  "Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East," "The Magnus of Java" and "Nei Kung: the Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages."   Maybe you have other suggested readings on Nei Kung or the immortals.  Also any idea where an older student my find a legit master. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l0tt0 said:

Hello,

I'm 56 years old so I've lived a long time compare to some of you but maybe not to others.  I've had success and failure in western society.  I've been at the top of the mountain in business, health and family life, and also I'm currently traversing the deep valleys below.  If any of that matters, I'm happy to share more.  Reflecting back I made tons of mistakes, like everyone else I suppose, but I'm ready to disengage from my old life and start a new one.   I see clearly the religious and political structures built to divide us and I want no part of it.  I'm burned out from consumerism and I don't do pop culture.  Never had a facebook account and never will.  

As I look back on the fruits of my toils I see much wasted energy and time but I count this as wisdom.  I'm scarred but not jaded. Still hopeful and I see good all around. 

My journey has brought me here. I'm not experienced in martial arts and I have recently started with meditation.  I do this every day, following the work of a guy name Joe Dispenza. He seems well intended but like most things these days, you gotta pay to play.  Further, its not really the direction I want to go.   I am interested in developing my internal strength and power in order to do whatever good I can in my life and those with whom I come in contact. 

Love the following books but you may say its all garbage, I don't know:  "Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East," "The Magnus of Java" and "Nei Kung: the Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages."   Maybe you have other suggested readings on Nei Kung or the immortals.  Also any idea where an older student my find a legit master. 

I think you are going to have a bad time here if you try and have a serious discussion about Mo Pai. 

Every time its discussion comes up it is plagued by people who think they can shoot fireballs and build interdimensional portals and who have made up some new practice they call Mo Pai.

There are also lots of anti-mo-pai trolls who will do whatever is in their power to cause arguments and chaos and do their best to discredit the practice, and anyone involved in it.

It always has in the past turned into a real mess, and that is putting it nicely.

I don't see how a real discussion on the topic can possibly be had out in the open in an environment like that.

Just my $0.02

Edited by MildMouse23
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, l0tt0 said:

Hello,

If you're interested in healing, try Flying Phoenix. The thread is overseen by the lineage holder himself, Terry Dunn. If you're interested in martial power, I know several teachers, Terry included, two are in the US and one in Australia. If you want simple practices to grow from with none of the years of guidance, I know a few systems that can be imparted from my teacher in Australia. 

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

If you're interested in healing, try Flying Phoenix. The thread is overseen by the lineage holder himself, Terry Dunn. If you're interested in martial power, I know several teachers, Terry included, two are in the US and one in Australia. If you want simple practices to grow from with none of the years of guidance, I know a few systems that can be imparted from my teacher in Australia. 

Thank you EG, I'll look into this.  I welcome the prospect of growth and development and if done properly this takes time.  Correct is better than simple/fast. 

23 hours ago, MildMouse23 said:

I think you are going to have a bad time here if you try and have a serious discussion about Mo Pai. 

Every time its discussion comes up it is plagued by people who think they can shoot fireballs and build interdimensional portals and who have made up some new practice they call Mo Pai.

There are also lots of anti-mo-pai trolls who will do whatever is in their power to cause arguments and chaos and do their best to discredit the practice, and anyone involved in it.

It always has in the past turned into a real mess, and that is putting it nicely.

I don't see how a real discussion on the topic can possibly be had out in the open in an environment like that.

Just my $0.02

Thanks for this insight. Lots of things to be cautious about. I have also seen some crazy posts.  Bad intent + the ability to hide behind a keyboard is indeed a destructive combo.  I am hopeful that it will be our destiny to connect with good people at the right time.     

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 2:05 PM, Earl Grey said:

Dear Earl Grey, I am interested in a teacher and I'm willing to put in years of training.  I think it may be dangerous to pursue some of the Nei Kung practices without proper guidance. 

Just now, l0tt0 said:

Dear Earl Grey, I am interested in a teacher and I'm willing to put in years of training.  I think it may be dangerous to pursue some of the Nei Kung practices without proper guidance. 

Sorry, US-based please

On 9/6/2019 at 2:05 PM, Earl Grey said:

BTW, where is Flying Phoenix found?  Thank you!

7 hours ago, l0tt0 said:

You think? It is very dangerous.

7 hours ago, l0tt0 said:

Sorry, US-based please

PM me and I will connect you with either of them. 

7 hours ago, l0tt0 said:

BTW, where is Flying Phoenix found?  Thank you!

DVDs available here at www.taichimania.com and thread on this forum here at