Sign in to follow this  
waterdrop

How to heal dust allergy ?

I would like to heal my dust allergy - how to do it ?   

(im asking more about how to do it with meditation or qigong or any other spiritual practice but if there is some western way than i would like to hear it too)

I've used the Buteyko breathing method to clear my nose and make breathing easier at night.  Simply meditating also helps clear my nose.  Some mornings I'll listen to a guided hypnosis audio on getting through allergies- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_qnwaCsJg&t=58s . 

Othertimes I'll take a pill.  Add some eucalyptus oil spray to my showers helps.  Watch the paper and see which allergens are out if force.   

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Every night, when I go to bed, my nose gets clogged and I end up sleeping with the mouth open so I can breathe. I strongly suspect this is due to dust allergy - household dust, mites etc. I have a history with it - I even had mild asthma back when I was a kid and was treated for it.

A few months ago I bought some bee - pollen upon good advice. I mixed a spoonful of it into my yoghurt every day. Within two weeks, I was able to breathe through the nose again at night (after many many years). I ran out of my bee - pollen supply and quickly I developed the same problem again. So I'm pretty sure it helps this kind of allergy.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, MuadDib said:

A few months ago I bought some bee - pollen upon good advice. I mixed a spoonful of it into my yoghurt every day. Within two weeks, I was able to breathe through the nose again at night (after many many years). I ran out of my bee - pollen supply and quickly I developed the same problem again. So I'm pretty sure it helps this kind of allergy.

I have heard of locally sourced honey helping with allergies, and am curious if your success was with locally sourced honey, or if you've found honey in general (independent of origination location) to be of benefit. 

7 hours ago, ilumairen said:

I have heard of locally sourced honey helping with allergies, and am curious if your success was with locally sourced honey, or if you've found honey in general (independent of origination location) to be of benefit. 

Actually it's not honey. It's pollen collected by bees from flowers. Bees harden the soft bulk of pollen using their hind legs. They then take the stuff to their nest. Bee cultivators collect a percentage of this material using a filter at the nest. It is nutritionally potent as pollen is the masculine seed of the flower - packed with proteins and vitamins. It looks like this

Regular consumption for a few weeks helps me breathe from the nose better at night.

I do not live in the U.S. and I know the geographical area where my pollen comes from - so you could call it locally sourced I guess.

I cannot say whether honey helps allergies. I found that it helps healing wounds faster when applied topically. Especially those nasty tongue wounds when you bite your tongue by accident... I also like to spread honey over a nice tender cut of meat before I cook it - makes the meat kind of caramelized and delicious :P

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this