squashedface

Dealing with extreme twists and blockages in channels

16 hours ago, squashedface said:

This sounds like excellent advice. How do I ensure those things, though?

Your attitude must be right; don't try to hammer yourself with tough stuff.  You must be soft gentle, whilst firm and correct.  You must feel and open, whilst be accurate and having good structure.

Do not make things complicated.  Do not take long training of complex shit, or enter a multi level multi guru system.

Just learn a reliable all over serious qigong, and learn it well and do it long.  Just go deeper and more time.  That's all 

Get some personal instruction 3 hours maybe, then you are on your own.  30 mins morning and evening.  On the weekend 90minute sessions.

Each day more loose more relaxed more warmed up.   Shake it out, and warm up your hand fingers wrists and arms that do the qigong.
Learn what it means to be soft but principled.
Do it long.  Can you do 60 minutes but each minute very good, very accurate very principled but with great care and loving.

Don't worry about more levels more gurus or more alignment.  Just do it long and take care.  Go deeper get better.

You must choose.  For myself BKF Dragon & Tiger (available on DVD $70 or if you have to the online course is a shit load of money).  Best get the DVD then 3 hours instruction.   Then 6 Healing sounds, very important practice.  These are reliable and systemic uncomplicated but powerful.
Don't waste any more of your life with bullshit or you will be 60 before you see results.

It would seem the Dragon & Tiger DVD has been deleted from view, it was absolutely excellent  Now it is $300.   Well that's America for you.  Many teachers are trying to monetize their teaching, like Flying Phoenix with 7 DVDs.   But if one looks carefully one can still find these DVDs from time to time on ebay and elsewhere.  Many people cannot learn or work properly from DVDs.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 2

On 08/09/2019 at 12:51 PM, rideforever said:

Your attitude must be right; don't try to hammer yourself with tough stuff.  You must be soft gentle, whilst firm and correct.

Thanks for the advice. I can feel the difference when I try to be as gentle as possible, and I can see in hindsight that I was trying to force things at times. It still feels like there's energy that wants to push through the blockages regardless of whether I help it, but I guess that will go away in time.

14 hours ago, squashedface said:

the difference

Have you made a decision on what you will do ?
I would like to say that the gentle flowing thing is for a reason, which is to avoid the subtle continuance of blockages ... there is a reason for it.  Life is yin and yang, of course, but when you are in a fix you have to use the right technique.

In order to address this ... I personally do "Gina lim three centres merge", you can look it up on youtube.  It was recommended here.  It is a standing meditation with toes inwards which triggers the yang channels on the outside of the body.  I do this separately from the other qigongs on the blockages.  And so have a balance as a whole.  Note that with toe in stances, they can be trouble for the knees, so bear in mind to do only short periods maybe maximum 5-10mins for the first 6 weeks.  Also the weight of the body fall through into the ground.  The knees should not feel the weight, just pass through.  Also the lower back "rounded" and very relaxed.

Anyway good luck.

• Like 1

Squashface, are you kundalini-active, by any chance?  I get energy blockage in the area of certain chakras if there's something I'm not doing, or doing and shouldn't be.  For example, if there is a situation in my life that absolutely requires that I speak my peace - I will get a feeling of blockage in my throat chakra.  It gives me a clue as to what I may not be seeing.  Also, consider that the body is trying to say something.  The other morning I woke up and couldn't put weight on my right foot.  Somehow, during the night, I had pulled my achille's heel.  How the hell does that happen??  Later that day I was to meet with a man I was considering renting a room to.  The thought occurred to me that I could be walking into an 'achille's heel' for me.  Sure enough, the man turned out to be a problem drinker who's still drinking.  The reason this is an achille's heel for me is that I am a recovering alkie, my husband was, and the early part of our marriage was living hell.  But the real achille's heel is that I am a Fixer, an enabler, all of it, lol.  Given what I really wanted to do to this nice man who needs a home (which was to mother him and make him well :(), I instead decided not to rent to him.  It was actually hard - but my achille's heel gave me the heads up.

• Like 4

On 11/09/2019 at 12:53 PM, rideforever said:

Have you made a decision on what you will do ?

Not yet, no. I am going to focus as much as I can on physical exercise for a bit, but I've not reached a decision on which qigong system to pursue after that. You've given me a lot of useful suggestions, so thanks very much for that :)

I did try some Bruce Frantzis standing exercises before and I found it so painful due to my physical irregularities that I gave up, assuming it wasn't for me. I reasoned that if I can't stand with both feet flat on the floor without that causing immediate asymmetry and pain elsewhere in my body, then I should just avoid that kind of thing altogether - but the gentle flowing movement you suggest could be a solution to this.

I was thinking more along the lines of having some fun for a few days.  Surprise the other half with a trip to the lake?  Just forget all about this stuff.  Then come back, reset, and allow your path to unveil, one day at a time.  Be kind to everyone.  If you want to think about something, think about how our egos  push us to achieve something by trying all these methods.  It may be that self realization is right around the corner for you.  It's between you and your ego, as it is for all of us.  We have to realize the place of Nothing within us.  It is then that the inner voice can be heard and the dynamics seen.  You will see who you really are, and why you have nothing to fear about anything.

• Like 3

On 11/09/2019 at 9:22 PM, manitou said:

Squashface, are you kundalini-active, by any chance?  I get energy blockage in the area of certain chakras if there's something I'm not doing, or doing and shouldn't be.

I'm not kundalini-active... although I have had a few momentary experiences of what seemed like kundalini activity in the past. One example was in the hypnogogic state, just after I'd been dreaming about facing death, and I felt an immensely powerful and intelligent energy, way beyond anything like qi, pushing against blockages after it came to life in my sacrum area.

I could feel it boring/burning through small sections, and it felt ferociously destructive as it became more animated. However, I realised that this was only the case from the perspective of the obstructions that opposed it; so despite being somewhat frightening, it was an experience I very much welcomed as it shone a probing light on the more obscure and inhibiting parts of the mass of mortal imperfections I habitually treat as my true self.

Likewise, when I've felt gentler energy moving around and encountering blockages, I've learnt to see any ensuing aches and pains or uncomfortable emotions as important messages from my body about the disharmony between the inner and outer worlds. Where I would have retreated into a purely intellectual sphere when faced with such difficulties in the past, I now try to acknowledge them and at least introduce the possibility of overcoming them, but that final step of simply letting go in order to move on is what proves most difficult.

19 hours ago, manitou said:

I was thinking more along the lines of having some fun for a few days.  Surprise the other half with a trip to the lake?  Just forget all about this stuff.  Then come back, reset, and allow your path to unveil, one day at a time.  Be kind to everyone.  If you want to think about something, think about how our egos  push us to achieve something by trying all these methods.  It may be that self realization is right around the corner for you.  It's between you and your ego, as it is for all of us.  We have to realize the place of Nothing within us.  It is then that the inner voice can be heard and the dynamics seen.  You will see who you really are, and why you have nothing to fear about anything.

This is great advice, and beautifully put. I've been heartened by reading some of your posts on other topics before I officially joined this forum, so thanks for your encouragement here. It's very much appreciated :)

Hey @squashedface,

Any progress? apologies for not having provided further info. Making sure i didn't give you bad advice was more important than me listing everything i know off of my own experiences and present time in my journey. Once i can create a more universal method i will explain what i've found.

Something that has helped quite a lot is finding cool pictures on Pinterest of 'do this not that' for exercises, yoga, posture, meditation. An accumulation of fixing a lot of these postural and activation issues, will make a big difference i think. Here's a couple:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/317222367504044847/

12fcc68906b07395c23ab6f05631fe54.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/317222367504045047/

f4c3d62203006a434a8b5e36581b040b.jpg

Here's a couple of boards i made:
https://www.pinterest.com/04ae547b43vau7g/do-this-not-that/

https://www.pinterest.com/04ae547b43vau7g/posture/

Edited by welkin
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, squashedface said:

Not yet, no. I am going to focus as much as I can on physical exercise for a bit, but I've not reached a decision on which qigong system to pursue after that. You've given me a lot of useful suggestions, so thanks very much for that :)

I did try some Bruce Frantzis standing exercises before and I found it so painful due to my physical irregularities that I gave up, assuming it wasn't for me. I reasoned that if I can't stand with both feet flat on the floor without that causing immediate asymmetry and pain elsewhere in my body, then I should just avoid that kind of thing altogether - but the gentle flowing movement you suggest could be a solution to this.

Hi,

I think I concur with those who suggest physical exercise - but not exclusively - and some of the meditations you mention in previous posts like an 'imagined point of nothingness' - don't seem like a good idea.  Why would you imagine nothingness?  But on the other hand I wouldn't give up on your internal practice because feeling blockages - no matter the degree of discomfort - is part of progress.  I'm not sure it is necessarily related to twisted bones and wotnot either since everyone has these effects and probably most people don't have twisted bones.

There are different stages to dealing with blockages - and I would say they are key learning points.  I could broadly groups these into three stages:

1) purify - that is expel the block and its toxins by applying energy to it, washing it out etc.

2) transform - that is allowing the energy of the block to change - because everything (including the block) is energy and can transform

3) non-dual ... there is no block ('advanced')

So I wouldn't give up at all.  In fact I'd say to yourself that experiencing blocks is not contrary to practice it is practice.  Look with interest at the block, examine its nature, work with it - you'll probably learn something interesting about it and yourself.

• Like 2

WOW!  Welkin, thank you!  

Very helpful links, great graphics!

So much to digest.

Would definitely buy this in a book...

• Like 2