Raúl

The way you all act in this forum

I just wanted to share what I think, and I think this section is rather off topic which is where I wanted to post it.

I was once in a cult. They were a very good cult, they were honest in their believes, they did almost the same that you would do if you practice serious dao. With the time I got used to that feeling of being able to share anything with the people. It is the only thing that is needed for something to work, honest work from the people involved.

When I came to this forum I was unconsciously expecting to find the same cooperation between people. I know there is a lot of smart people in this forum, much more than me, but it honestly amazes me how people in here have discussions, they could be sharing what they have, supporting one anoher, creating an even more complete system. But in the end, even the smartest people lacks that ability to share, instead a debate of I am absolutely right you are absolutely wrong you must listen is created, then friction between two minds is created, and voilá! They both get out of the conversation believing they achieved something.

I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter how much knowledge you know, if you still do things which are silly. And I am the first that did this, when I entered the forum I unconsciously saw they way people interacted here and in the few posts I have done I was answered and I answered in the same way. It is contagious. 

So the only thing I wanted to share here is, people, debating like that make topics pointless and ugly. We are here to share with one another, we could do amazing stuff, there is no reason to not cooperate, in every serious topic there is always friction between people and that is not worthy of this forum.

I'd like to see two different people, with different sets of believes, sharing their knowledge with each other, and realizing... Oh hey! You think this and I think that, but it's not so far! We in fact... Almost think exactly the same! But with different terminology. Instead it's always, hey, my cock is bigger than yours and here is the proof

So, if you read this, I'd like that you started having that attitude, for the benefit of everybody here, don't make of this forum a place to have debates and laugh of other people and get mad. This prevents everyone from sharing their true self

Edited by Raúl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Raúl said:

I just wanted to share what I think, and I think this section is rather off topic which is where I wanted to post it.

I was once in a cult. They were a very good cult, they were honest in their believes, they did almost the same that you would do if you practice serious dao. With the time I got used to that feeling of being able to share anything with the people. It is the only thing that is needed for something to work, honest work from the people involved.

When I came to this forum I was unconsciously expecting to find the same cooperation between people. I know there is a lot of smart people in this forum, much more than me, but it honestly amazes me how people in here have discussions, they could be sharing what they have, supporting one anoher, creating an even more complete system. But in the end, even the smartest people lacks that ability to share, instead a debate of I am absolutely right you are absolutely wrong you must listen is created, then friction between two minds is created, and voilá! They both get out of the conversation believing they achieved something.

I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter how much knowledge you know, if you still do things which are silly. And I am the first that did this, when I entered the forum I unconsciously saw they way people interacted here and in the few posts I have done I was answered and I answered in the same way. It is contagious. 

So the only thing I wanted to share here is, people, debating like that make topics pointless and ugly. We are here to share with one another, we could do amazing stuff, there is no reason to not cooperate, in every serious topic there is always friction between people and that is not worthy of this forum.

I'd like to see two different people, with different sets of believes, sharing their knowledge with each other, and realizing... Oh hey! You think this and I think that, but it's not so far! We in fact... Almost think exactly the same! But with different terminology. Instead it's always, hey, my cock is bigger than yours and here is the proof

So, if you read this, I'd like that you started having that attitude, for the benefit of everybody here, don't make of this forum a place to have debates and laugh of other people and get mad. This prevents everyone from sharing their true self

If you're having trouble reading my pdf - I recommend just looking at the images, as they should be self-explanatory enough.

As for this forum-website - I started posting here around 2004. That was after I had "fallen out of enlightenment." I was told by people here to NOT read the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" as it is "too dangerous"!! So I highly recommend you study that book - it is free online. The lineage has a few websites also. So for example the book does not discuss standing exercises but in fact the author of the book was also a martial artist and he also taught that standing exercises double the rate of success.

That book will give you all the details you need about celibacy training. I had an experience in my meditation that is well-explained in that book - but the explanation is in chapter 11. Instead of studying that book as I should have, I read one scholarly book a day for ten years. Then after personally training with http://guidingqi.com from 2013-2015 I then returned to the Taoist Yoga book to discover that it corroborated what Jim Nance had told me in person. haha.

Good luck with your training.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

If you're having trouble reading my pdf - I recommend just looking at the images, as they should be self-explanatory enough.

As for this forum-website - I started posting here around 2004. That was after I had "fallen out of enlightenment." I was told by people here to NOT read the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" as it is "too dangerous"!! So I highly recommend you study that book - it is free online. The lineage has a few websites also. So for example the book does not discuss standing exercises but in fact the author of the book was also a martial artist and he also taught that standing exercises double the rate of success.

That book will give you all the details you need about celibacy training. I had an experience in my meditation that is well-explained in that book - but the explanation is in chapter 11. Instead of studying that book as I should have, I read one scholarly book a day for ten years. Then after personally training with http://guidingqi.com from 2013-2015 I then returned to the Taoist Yoga book to discover that it corroborated what Jim Nance had told me in person. haha.

Good luck with your training.

Hi Voidisyinyang thanks for everything you have shared, you have given me more than enough work, I appreciate it.

• Confused 1

You seem to have noticed that some of the posters here have reactive parts of their personality which are triggered when they interact with this forum (because other parts of their personalities feel threatened by what they read).

The Internal Family System therapy model considers that there are two main types of reactions to such perceived threats (which are attempts to protect these damaged, exiled parts of that poster’s personality that feel threatened).

The first type of reaction is viewed as a managerial reaction.

The second type of defensive reaction is more extreme and it is viewed as a firefighting reaction.

In practice, its often difficult to distinguish between these two types of defensive reactions, so it can be useful also to view defensive reactions simply as nurturing and/or protecting. This reframe often provides the space to allow sufficient perspective, compassion and empathy to avoid getting sucked into traumatising or re-traumatising situations.

Its also essential to be aware that these managerial and firefighting parts of the personality are vital to the well-being of the damaged, exiled parts of peoples' personalities. Once these damaged, exiled parts are reclaimed and Self-healed, the managers and firefighters are free to take up roles that are infinitely more enjoyable and fulfilling.

Eventually the parts may even coalesce into an integrated, Self-actualised, Self-directed whole.

Edited by Giles
  • Like 2

On 31/08/2019 at 12:26 AM, Raúl said:

Oh ?    Maybe you just frequent those types of discussions .  Yes, they occur, but it appears your have missed the other type , the ones you wish for and desire  ?

These interactions  can exist between some , even within the  the types of threads you described.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2019 at 5:05 AM, Raúl said:

Hi Voidisyinyang thanks for everything you have shared, you have given me more than enough work, I appreciate it.

WELL ... errrmmmm .... then  ...  there you go then .

17 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh ?    Maybe you just frequent those types of discussions .  Yes, they occur, but it appears your have missed the other type , the ones you wish for and desire  ?

These interactions  can exist between some , even within the  the types of threads you described.

Hey sure, there is of everything. I was just talking about this side

On 8/30/2019 at 10:26 AM, Raúl said:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well ...... maybe change the title you chose for this thread then .  

For what I have seen, it's the majority of people. You don't need to take it personally if you do not relate to it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Take care what you allow yourself to think and ruminate on... this becomes your reality.

Hey, I suppose it does...it should at least, how can exactly can I believe something without it becoming my reality...

I pay care to what I think, that's why I do not have fear of any perspective, and share it to the benefit of everybody. As I said, if you do not relate to it, that's fine

• Like 2

If you come here to create a discussion, and convince me of my wrong views and words... You are not getting it xD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Take care what you allow yourself to think and ruminate on... this becomes your reality.

So true! And synchronicity led me to this thread just after I came across this article, which I hope adds a bit more of value to it.

• Thanks 2

On 8/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, Raúl said:

If you want to learn the real training then I recommend studying the real traditional books. The biography of Wang Liping is a good one - "Opening the Dragon Gate" is I think the title.

I studied from Chunyi Lin of http://springforestqigong.com and he did the 49 day cave meditation - non-stop full lotus with no sleep - at Mount Qingcheng. Another Daoist master at Mount Qingcheng is http://qigongmaster.com who also does the yearly cave meditation - Master Zhang. Chunyi Lin stated for advanced level of qigong there can be no thoughts about sex. He said that in 2000 or 2001 but now he is more "Americanized" aka Westernized. And obviously that is why the training has to be done in secret since you have to think about sex if you talk about it. haha. So there are certain cultural norms that are expected but not easily found in modern Westernized times.

So his highest level student, Jim Nance of http://guidingqi.com told me that for advanced level then I should not use the internet nor watch tv and also separate from my family. Jim said the only way he was able to do advanced healing was through celibacy.

So my point is that if you study the traditional Daoist training - you'll find that indeed celibacy is required to keep building up the energy and of course this is denied in the WEst who just want a fake "light" style training to meet with their Westernized lifestyle. Even China now is Westernized for the most part.

So it's up to you if you want do to the real training or not - like I said - just study the book "Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality" for the details. I also have the links of my own research. Master Nan, Huai-chin is another great traditional source.  Also spelled Master Nan, Huai-jin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

If you want to learn the real training then I recommend studying the real traditional books. The biography of Wang Liping is a good one - "Opening the Dragon Gate" is I think the title.

I studied from Chunyi Lin of http://springforestqigong.com and he did the 49 day cave meditation - non-stop full lotus with no sleep - at Mount Qingcheng. Another Daoist master at Mount Qingcheng is http://qigongmaster.com who also does the yearly cave meditation - Master Zhang. Chunyi Lin stated for advanced level of qigong there can be no thoughts about sex. He said that in 2000 or 2001 but now he is more "Americanized" aka Westernized. And obviously that is why the training has to be done in secret since you have to think about sex if you talk about it. haha. So there are certain cultural norms that are expected but not easily found in modern Westernized times.

So his highest level student, Jim Nance of http://guidingqi.com told me that for advanced level then I should not use the internet nor watch tv and also separate from my family. Jim said the only way he was able to do advanced healing was through celibacy.

So my point is that if you study the traditional Daoist training - you'll find that indeed celibacy is required to keep building up the energy and of course this is denied in the WEst who just want a fake "light" style training to meet with their Westernized lifestyle. Even China now is Westernized for the most part.

So it's up to you if you want do to the real training or not - like I said - just study the book "Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality" for the details. I also have the links of my own research. Master Nan, Huai-chin is another great traditional source.  Also spelled Master Nan, Huai-jin.

Some people can handle multiple schools but not everyone is able to do it. Doing multiple schools at the same time or jumping from one school to another may cause troubles.

The book "Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality" is not a good translation of "性命法诀明指".

14 minutes ago, Shubin said:

Some people can handle multiple schools but not everyone is able to do it. Doing multiple schools at the same time or jumping from one school to another may cause troubles.

The book "Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality" is not a good translation of "性命法诀明指".

That's what OpenDao said - so you must be a "student" of OpenDao - he posted how the Charles Luk translation does not include a quote about the golden pill being contained in the lower tan tien.

I never said anything about "schools" as I study the basic principles that are universal to the training. This training comes from our original human culture from 70,000 years ago. I don't think they had "schools" then. They called the training Tshoma.

So no need to limit ourselves.

But if you want to post a better translation in English - sounds like a great positive contribution to the world! Otherwise it's easy to be critic - like a consumer in the mall or something, complaining about sweatshop producing clothing not being good enough. haha.

There are other "translators" of his work - the websites of his lineage are translated into English from Chinese.

So those are good places to go for the broader context of the teaching contained in the Taoist Yoga book.

I understand your "school" does not consider the Taoist Yoga book to be the proper "school" or whatever.

https://icbi.weebly.com/zhao-bichenrsquos-taoist-yoga.html

The following concise explanation of the 16 chapters of Zhao Bichen’s manual (as represented by Charles Luk’s ‘Taoist Yoga’), presents a logical and systematic approach toward Qianfeng Daoist training that can be used in conjunction with Charles Luk’s full text to give clarity and added purpose.  Zhao Bichen states that at the age of 73, (around 1933), he was instructed by his masters – Liao Jen and Liao Kong, to make the Daoist teachings a matter of public record, through the writing of his manual, which is now the subject of this study.  Charles Luk visited the West in 1935 (during which he had a meeting with Christmas Humphreys at the headquarters of the Buddhist Society, London), and after returning to China, met and trained with Zhao Bichen in Beijing.  At this time, Zhao Bichen suggested that it would be a good idea for his manual to be translated into English, so that Westerners could benefit from genuine Daoist instruction.  Due to circumstances and changing times, it was another 30 years before Charles Luk managed to carry out this translation and eventually publish it as ‘Taoist Yoga’ in 1970.

So that gives a summary of the book as well. thanks

On 2019/9/3 at 10:46 AM, voidisyinyang said:

That's what OpenDao said - so you must be a "student" of OpenDao - he posted how the Charles Luk translation does not include a quote about the golden pill being contained in the lower tan tien.

I never said anything about "schools" as I study the basic principles that are universal to the training. This training comes from our original human culture from 70,000 years ago. I don't think they had "schools" then. They called the training Tshoma.

So no need to limit ourselves.

But if you want to post a better translation in English - sounds like a great positive contribution to the world! Otherwise it's easy to be critic - like a consumer in the mall or something, complaining about sweatshop producing clothing not being good enough. haha.

There are other "translators" of his work - the websites of his lineage are translated into English from Chinese.

So those are good places to go for the broader context of the teaching contained in the Taoist Yoga book.

I understand your "school" does not consider the Taoist Yoga book to be the proper "school" or whatever.

https://icbi.weebly.com/zhao-bichenrsquos-taoist-yoga.html

So that gives a summary of the book as well. thanks

Sorry, I know nothing about OpenDao.

You are right,  70,000 years ago there are no schools yet. If a few schools need a long time to be developed, they would not be simple or easy to learn.

Some people collect complaints so they can make better products. Critic information can help other consumers, too.

Thanks for the link. 

From my point of view, they did not understand 性命法诀明指. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shubin said:

Sorry, I know nothing about OpenDao.

You are right,  70,000 years ago there are no schools yet. If a few schools need a long time to be developed, they would not be simple or easy to learn.

Some people collect complaints so they can make better products. Critic information can help other consumers, too.

Thanks for the link. 

From my point of view, they did not understand 性命法诀明指. 

products and consumers? The Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality "school" doesn't sell anything. So do you consider "dragon" and "tiger" to be part of a school? I consider them to be principles that transcend even China - the dragon was most likely originally the crocodile from ancient China and so connects to India and even Egypt.

Only the Octave, Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth are found in ALL human cultures. So the Octave is the  Emptiness and Yang is the Perfect Fifth and Yin is the Perfect Fourth. Those are the basic principles of the oldest philosophy of India as well - the "three gunas" - and also from Pythagorean teaching. These principles go back to the original human culture, the San Bushmen, from even before human language had spread to different dialects!!

So the  San Bushmen intentionally use gibberish words in their healing songs just as qigong master Yan Xin did mass healings in many parts of China where they could not understand his dialect!! So then we can understand the principles without even needing to understand the language. That is the beauty of music as meditation.

Nice sentiment, but of course it won't go that way.

This place is the way it is, because of the stance it has on moderation.

Quite okay really, if one want other rules there are other forums.

I have not used this forum a lot, but I remember the initial hazing quite well.

I was not prepared for it and went into full fight mode back then.

But once a mod clarified the rules and I experimented with it

and used the ignore-list a couple of times, it wasn't that bad.

• Like 1