Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Road Trip 2

Last time, down the east coast. This time up the west coast  ( a bit - its HUGE! ) .

I hopped a plane to Perth and rented a campervan  ,  drove north through  suburbia along the coast ... all new shiny clean and very affluent !  Its been over 30 years since I was here, grown heaps !  The freeway  was magnificent, along the road side a HUGE collection of all different wildflowers blooming together .

And then, it stops , a few Km of what is to be developed, then isolation - 'desolation'  ( for a  rainforest dweller ) . But then you get out to where there are more wildflowers

wcgard.jpg

Its an unusual combination ..... desolate scrub sprinkled with flowers.  Then , heaps of grass trees ... never seen so many

grass_trees1.jpg?w=300

Stopped at Cervantes  .... they have a hge sculpture of Don Juan and sidekick, all the streets are  named after Spanish towns .  ?

Lovely girl at caravan park with lovely Spanish accent  takes my fee and I ask ' Cervantes" ?  She explained an American ship called Cervantes was wrecked nearby and town named after it .

Me : But your accent ?"

" I am from Barcelona  ... but thats just a coincidence . "     :D  

Cervantes ;

the-beach-at-hangover.jpg

Weird nearby  salt water  lake ( I think its an ancient crater )

"Stromies' :

725x420-CVT-Stromatolite.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromatolite

And a bit more inland  , amazing sand hills , pure white sand   and a bit further

The-Pinnacles.jpg

1545971814749.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinnacles_(Western_Australia)

Time to sort out the mess I made in this camper last night  :D    ... still working out how to manage it all  .... and continue north .

This place didnt exist before 1960 something .... now its  a  small  crayfish port .   I notice the outer reef here is just starting to develop, further north ( my next stop )  the 'Coral Coast begins .  Gtta look up a guy there I got a contact with that has a cray boat .

• Like 4

Drove all day through uninteresting  agricultural land  - boring !   Went to one nice town with some old colonial buildings and history and then got to  kalbarri , looks good but FULL of tourists  , and caravan parks booked out and signs everywhere about geting fined for 'illegal camping' .... so  I'm illegally camped ... fine is less than a motel room  :D 

Kalbarri ;

Kalbarri-capecoconut.jpg?itok=jvPGsH0X

Kalbarri_NP_Coastal.jpg

Just behind the cliffs  are masses of  wildflowers ...  saw a whole valley of white ones in full bloom ... 'snow' in the desert !.  Then drove for ages past this weird pink lake

pink-lake-aerial-flyover.jpg

Tomorrow I cur across inland up the Murchinson River 

2D8A0716-Edit-3.jpg

Then on to Shark Bay;

whale-sharks-in-cancun-swim-isla-mujeres

The-Whale-Sharks-of-Cenderawasih-Bay-day

• Like 4

Its friggin raining at Shark Bay !    Only rains a few times a year .

Spent today at Monkey Mia  .... awesome  .

22a4fca3f552eba947e4e0e374cab16f.jpeg?re

perth-to-monkey-mia-tours-5.jpg

Then took a huge cat cruise  ( skipper looked about 20 and her deckkie the same  )   went out to the offshore sea grass  banks and watched the dugongs .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Mia

Tomorrow night I am meeting up with some local indigenous for a beach fire,  coal cooked fish,  and  a rave - super cool ! I havent met any of them yet . I spotted one , he is of the super tall , long thin leg type  - I call them 'desert runners'   can track animals at a jog  all day, if they want.  Its the original human advantage  , most animals speed off, no chance  ... but eventually they get tired, and cant keep up the pace .

Then after that I have a mammoth journey to Coral Bay  -   Manta country .

manta-ray-tours-4.jpg

Only prob is I gotta navigate through places like this for 100s of Km   .....  

https://www.google.com/maps/@-24.7380701,113.8144537,7000m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 2

Yep, just like that , Mum and 'calf'  together . they make a very snorty sound when surfacing  as they use nostrils, unlike cetaceans  that make a phooooosh   noise through a  blow hole ... their breath stinks too , you can smell it ... well, I could, from a distance . But no where near as bad as Sea lion breath ... thats BAD ! 

Been diving at Ningaloo today - marine sanctuary , fish everywhere, not worried about humans at all .

So I ate one for dinner  :)     

At the Holiday Park Cafe that is  - crispy skin red emperor - delicious  ( the food in that cafe is GREAT  and cheap  ... and I am super critical and used to work in the high end of the food  biz, so thats saying something ! )

You can dive in off the beach at low tide into deep crystal clear  water with HUGE fish in it , even at high tide the reef is  just off the beach

photo_7.jpg?itok=63whs86o

l722c.jpg

This ancient coral chunk is called Ayers Rock , no one knows why it got so big, they usually fall apart way before this size

Honeymoons_Romantic_Getaways_Sal_Salis_N

Margeret-River-Bunbury-Western-Australia

The land here looks dead and desolate ... but the water is teeming with life !

homepage.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOSLJHGbx2lSO6Jd5W4hL

Tomorrow is manta day    :)

Tonight's entertainment in the camper van - since I am staying in a   holiday park , I'm gonna watch this   

:D  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

I read this before, some Shark Bay history - first contact .

Every contact with Euros landing they where met with hostility , spears brandished  and signalled to go away - get out of here ,take that big boat and go !  Every time  ... it was  getting dangerous .  Some ships officers decided to go ashore together ,  I suppose they  thought their rank and /or  fancy uniforms would impress them , no, it was worse .

But then , some bright spark officer, made a suggestion and all the officers formed a circle and started dancing  . The 'natives' loved it and started laughing and then joined in the dance with them copying the officers .  After that they where accepted .

It seems the significance of this , why the early hostility and then acceptance after this , is totally lost to historians , even today !   What they didnt realise, is, if you come to someone's 'country'  (land area ) , you should bring them something .    Something of value to them, that is , not silly trinkets or things they  dont need .  But a new dance , (or  a song ) that no other (indigenous group of ) people in the area know  and no one has ever seen before .... well, thats something , and a great gift !

• Like 3

Oh man , I am soooo dived out ! Trust me to start the day  going in right where there was a reef shark , but it was fairly little .

No Mantas around today.   Maybe tomorrow.  Saw a HUUUUGE groper .   Not as big as the famous 'pet' one  that used  to be here   (he disappeared after the last cyclone ), Merv ,.  A dolphin came into the channel between the reef and the beach , right behind two snorkellers standing up  putting their masks on , totally oblivious.  

Me ;  "  OI !  "   they look, I point ..... guy nearly jumped out of his skin , then it  surfaced ..... OH Phew! Its a dolphin !   :D

And a huge ray  with bright multicoloured circles , I watched him for ages , slowly moving along the sandy bottom involved in a mining and sifting operation.

The place is filling up  with people and their crying kids .   And tough looking fit tattooed Sth American women playing rugby on the beach   :huh:.

Last day tomorrow ... which is good, I head back south and hope to link up with indigenous for a 4WD  tour of Francois Peron peninsula and  Shell Beach  ;

Cape_Peron_WATC.jpg?itok=ytaLd4gK

francoisPeron_WATC.jpg?itok=_CDysx1N

18975217.jpg

original-1024x681.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

ShellBeac000379-786.jpg

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzM0

60km to a depth of 10 metres ..... thats a lotta shells, all of one type  .   Further from the shore its compressed into a solid mass. They  used to cut blocks out of it and use it for building material  in the area .; 'coquina '....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coquina

shell-block-quarry-2.jpg

the-old-pearler-restaurant.jpg

mussel-rock-as-building-material-in-denh

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

W     O       W    !

It  finally  happened  . I was a dick yesterday (or was I  ? )  missed the boat as I got the time wrong and for some reason they never rang me.  So I went out today .   Spotted a group . What fun, it was like a Navy Seal's exercise, we had to learn a drill and have three numbered groups . I was in 2.  The first gets ready and sits along  on the back board , while the 2nd kits up .  The spotter is  'Go go go now ! '  and in they go and the next group takes the position.  One small group at a time follows them along and then they get signalled to hold and bunch and the boat takes off and leaves you there .   This is waaay out from the inner reef.   Then it goes and  drops the rest off in an intercepting path, picks up the 1st group and then the 3rd gets along the board , and so on . We did 2 cycles of that .

First there where 3 and a 4th joined in . All flying and dancing together   Of course people didnt follow the pattern and lost the plot , but I did and maintained the left flank , being able to pick where they where going , mostly, until one did this huge swoop towards me . They are BIG !   But incredibly beautiful and graceful and wonderful.   I had to back peddle ,,, back flipper to maintain the legally required distance , but couldnt do it  ,  (they can easily do 40 km/hr. so the drill then is to keep still . S/ He  saw me and swerved and as S/he passed I could see the huge eye tracking me . 

Then the front water spotter is waving to the boat going  "  Four" and they are freaking out, research photographer jumping in .   Later I asked what that was about . Apparently 4 together is rare . They only saw one on the day before on the tour I missed  :)   and they water was unclear .  They said today was perfect and had not seen 4 togeher like that for a year .

WOOP WOOP !  

Photographer is gonna send me an email file of pics in a day or two  .  Maybe I can post some  later on .

Then the wind blew , and got stronger and now tomorrow is predicted to be so windy all tours are cancelled , and thats the day I am booked to leave  and head back south to Shark Bay .

'   MANTA STIC !  '  

Here is some film of internet , just for fun

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Got the  file sent to me from the underwater photographer

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Edited by Nungali

Oh great ... when I  attach them they show as great clear  photos in the post box and when I hit  'submit reply'  they come out like this ;;

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Edited by Nungali

:(

Oh well ,   just look at other photos of underwater coral, green sea turtles sharks and mantas  .... but you dont get to see  underwater shots of Nungers .

~$cient mariners.docx

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I will get you a dugong pic soon RV

It had to happen, really I have been xtremely lucky so far .

The wind . I was warned about it .   Been hunkered down for two days .... blowing in from the vast and wild Indian Ocean.

'The van's a rockin .... but no one's 'knockin'  .

It even blew out my 'squid jiggin' last night .  Errmmm, that isnt a reference to the above line ^.  Its a way of catching squid that are attracted to the wharf lights here at night .... pot noodles for dinner, no fresh calamari  :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I will get you a dugong pic soon RV

Within the year or so before @Marblehead‘s passing, I posted a historical drawing of a manatee. But the tail wasn’t right. Marblehead told me so and maybe he even said it was a fakery. After his passing, I realized that the drawing was of a dugong. -_-

• Haha 1

Eh ?

Lets see then

Manatee;

FL_fig04.jpg

... oh yeah ..... funny tail, must be from a zillion years ago when beavers decided to move into the ocean .

(Which reminds me of a conversation I had with an Aboriginal guy .

"  The whale, although he lives in the ocean now used to live on the land, because he is a mammal. But before that he lived in the ocean before he came out onto the land . .... Silly fellow ! "

Me;  " Why is he a silly fellow ?"

Him ;  " Because he should make his mind up . "

:)    ) 

Awww ... who's a cute little boy then ?

2b025815-751e-486b-9a93-ebdc7e3e2fa9.jpg

( That  ^  is highly verbotten here !  - no touchy  ... )

Dugong ;

large-Dugong-photo.jpg

Has a tail   that looks like  ....and actually, all of  her  looks like  ,  a mermaid !

(Well, it depends how long ya been at sea for  ;)   )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Anywayz - todays adventure ; I am supposed to meet some  local Aboriginals  tomorrow (briefly, before the tour on Saturday) at 'Little Lagoon'   off  Monkey Mia  Rd ( the place where dolphins come in to get fish off humans ).  So I went out early today to get a preview .  Wow!

Little-Lagoon.jpg

DJI_0101-Pano_1024x1024.jpg?v=1515149931

The creek out to the ocean .   Mangroves !   I havent seen mangroves for ages ... since home.

Very clear water , good for flathead , whiting and mullet.   Loved that little creek , and the lagoon ;

270-Little-Lagoon.jpg

where it flows out to the beach  it winds through pure white shell sand  and (normally) into the ocean . But I was there at low tide ... man ! Thats some low tide .   Waaaaaay  out there somewhere was a thin blue line of ocean. I walked a bit towards it  but  , hmmmmm .  So far out , maybe the tide comes in quicker than i could get back ?   In the distance, just after that thin blue line was a a reddish and white one , that's  Dirk Hartog Island  .... the 2nd  known   Euro landing in Australia   1616

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Hartog

Sources conflict, but I have heard he DID record some meetings with Aboriginals there . I will have to look it up . Any history in books available here is within other history like the fishing or pearling industry . I will have to check it out . I saw one old  drawing ... yep, there is them fellas like I supposed ; desert men living on the coast ; tall lanky 'desert runners '  with superb looking physiques .

( Just like other early explorers noted , but is often refuted nowadays ) 

Arago-Abor-encounter.jpg

Some early explorers noted (on east coast )  the excellent physique  and 'bearing' the people had ; upright and proud , one supposed 'here is man in his original pure state, neither with a back or neck bent in slavery, behind a plough or at the office desk' .

• Like 2

Little Lagoon does have an unusual type of stone fish (venomous )

stoney.jpg

Also, being a geological nut I find the formation fascinating . 

During the Pleistocene era , the desert went right out . Big sandhills eventually form big hollows between them that stay there . Over time the rare rain that falls and runs into them carries sediments and salts . The water evaporates  and leaves these weird circular depressions, like a little salt lake . 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Monkey+Mia/@-25.8845128,113.5141522,5197m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!3m7!1s0x2be118d4eeba1d41:0x1d3454125736ca8e!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d-25.794353!4d113.7179401

Then, after the ice age when the ocean level rose, one got flooded, just in the right spot , so the tide lets fresh sea water in and out .

Nearby at Hamelin Pool other 'weird' things happen ;  its a huge inlet , tides and wind blow the water in at high tide, but there is a huge sea grass bank (dugong territory ) across the mouth that restricts the flow of water out as the tide runs out.  Due to evaporation, it gets saltier than sea water . You float high in it , and it also allows those zillions of shell fish to live as they can handle it but their predators cant .  hence  Shell Beach ;

Tiny-Beach-real-living-photoart-fine-art

95ba258b2e5878db5974c66d0dfbe2a7.jpg

Hamelin 'Pool' ;     https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hamelin+Pool/@-26.1184936,114.1195398,82690m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x2be0ca70174e20d7:0x5f49023184fa2145!8m2!3d-26.1666667!4d114.0833333

( I needed to hide from this relentless wind for a while ... oh well, back into it . )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Ahhh the relentless wind continues , although somewhat softer today.  No doubt a cause of the many old ship wrecks that litter the coast.  around the late 1500s sailors discovered that when rounding the southern tip of Africa, if you where game enough, you didnt have to follow the coast all the way up and around to get to Indonesia ( the 'Spice Islands' ) you  could  cut across the Indian Ocean  between 40 and 50 deg lat.lower south and ride 'The Roaring 40s' .  But becasue longitude  then had yet to be accurately calculated, if you didnt  turn north early enough and the wind picked up ...

ningaloo-photo.jpg

Reefs,  cliffs, desert and little water .

Well, as I said the wind had been rather fierce the last few days , and someone DID come to grief on the outer islands near where I am at present .   However , they where not riding the roaring forties ... they appear to have been trying to get in 'the back door '  and

OOOOPS !

Their 'cargo' seems to have been dispersed over an island

pjimage-17-637x397.jpg

over 1000 Kg of cocaine .

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-05/men-charged-as-alleged-drug-yacht-runs-aground-abrolhos-islands/11478908

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwDAAMVlFU_iW0xM0IeOw

- same thing happened near my place on east coast . Peeps where finding big blocks of it vacuum packed and sealed washed up on the beach.    Police put out a bulletin 'If you find anything on the beach , dont touch it, it could be dangerous, call the police straight away ' .

Yes officer ... of course   :) 

09b1b923-e147-4479-b7da-01d8fa86c745-cro

• Like 1

Yesterday I was hanging out at Little Lagoon again, a beautiful place but surrounded by desolate desert. I am sitting on the a little sand hill on the edge of the lagoon and I am thinking, how did those fellas ( the indigenous) traverse this vast landscape to get from place to place. Then on the far shore a black shape emerges out of the scrub and onto the sand . It stars jogging  at a very fast pace around the edge of the lagoon. Eventually  it is coming closer and I realise it is an emu.  He jogs all the way around to where I am, stopps, looks at me for a bit then continues off around the other side of the lagoon edge .

Then this Nanda  (tribe)  man comes up to me from the car park :  " Oh, the old people come say hello to you ! "     :)

Turns out it his his older brother that is taking me out to Francois Peron Peninsular today (see above posts) .  Then I was talking to another Nanda man there , he tells me . " This is a good place, I come here for healing ."

Well, yeah, silly me, of course this is a healing  place .  I need some due to the horrible dreams I have been having  *   so I went down  to where the lagoon flows out into the creek and ocean ( past any trace of mangroves - its  rare  and unusual environment here - dont want to hurt any mangrove new shoots hidden under the sand ) and ask ( as in the correct polite form ) " Where do you want me to go ?"   I was shown the spot; crystal clear water, clean sand , no weed clumps (that hide stonefish)  and a strong wind blowing with wind ripples across the surface in the seaward direction. .    I'm tempted to stip completely but, I remember the Bungalung rule over east ; " No nakedybum please ! "    :)  

Dive in, let the  salt water  creek current wash over me and stand up and the wind wash over me and all out into the Great Sea .

I am remembered of the Gnostic mass ' consecration of elements ' Let the salt of the earth mix with the water, to bear the virtue of the Great Sea , Mother be thou adored. "    And as the Sun shines down on me and the wind cleans me I remember the rest ;  "Let the fire and air make sweet the world - Father be thou adored . "

Then I got out and sat on the sand and  some tiny little finches came out the scrub and did a dance with each other in front of me .

Got a great nights sleep last night :)

*  Weird dreams  .....   I dont like Perth .... I got shouted a trip there once to Rottnest Island , Perths primo holiday destination and stayed at the resort there, yeah it SEEMED good but I felt something was up . Thats when the 'unease started. And I have been loat to return , even to Perth ever since .  (This time I landed at airport and got out as soon as I could ) .

Whatsup ?   Imagine this .  You go to stay at a 'luxury resort' it seems like that, but you gradually realise it is is a converted concentration camp and your room is made up from a few cells that have had the walls between them knocked out, and then you see, as decor, photographs  on the wall of the tortured prisoners . You realise that  you have been sleeping in their cells and the ground beneath you is full of their bodies .    Well, thats whats up !

" Hell on Earth "

chains-west-kimberley.jpg

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-25/rottnest-island-black-prison-to-white-playground/7962940

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

What a trip it seemed an endless sand road at times .

Driving-the-Cape-Peron-Road.jpg

and driving through 'bidera' , those huge seemingly endless salt lakes.

I wanted to see a Thorny  Devil . Well I saw 3 and they are placid and unmoving and you can pick them up in you hand , cool little guys . They change colours too .

e748f4565998d994509d2e1d81af627b.jpg

Normally , no touch but we where moving them off the 'road' .   The sand thee is amazing and feels good under bare feet, such a range of colours right next to  each other, some is made from garnet.

big_lagoon_jumbo.jpg?itok=sor2Me0l

d8da77f8-dd31-4f81-bea1-06da6f9cf301.jpg

Dark orange , light orange  bright and dark yellows, deep red , maroon  , pure white .

Saw a 3 finned shark, ( well two fins on its back and a high tail )

Shovel-nose-rays-1024x775.jpg

Looks like a cross between a sting ray and  shark , but is classified as a 'ray'  ... although called a shark   :huh:

emu chicks ( very cute )

e55f87ba2368ca986662680f44a8e3bc.png

Cant get close, father will attack you . Mum lays the eggs and then takes off, Dad sits on them and hatches them and stays with them for up to 12 months.

Tawny frog mouths pretending to be  old broken branches ( what are they doing out here, I got them in the rainforest at home) .

Plate-7-Tawny-Frogmouth-DW1_2.jpg

imgp2195ed.jpg

Lots of sandalwood trees , with edible fruit ( I didnt know you get fruit off them ) . During WWII many people in inland Australia  survived economic hardship by harvesting sandalwood  . Some still do and do well out of it ,  the oil sells for about $5000 per kg (thats about 5 million a tonne )

Saw a  dolphin doing that rare thing they do here ; chasing fish up on to the beach and then beaching themselves,  eating the fish and flapping back into the water .  I Think this is the origin of the Monkey Mia 'tame '  dolphins, it started long ago ; dolphin would chase fish into the shallows, some would get beached in their panic, aboriginals would then pick them up and chuck a few back to the dolphins as a thank you . After a while the dolphins realised they could chase the fish to shore  and they would  then get some thrown back to them, half stunned from being out the water and easier to catch ... and it developed from the there.

And finished the day with a hot tub in artesian mineral springs  ..... it makes you skin feel really good , even hours afterwards and is somehow a cure for sunburn .  Need that after a day out there

007078.jpeg-786.jpg?itok=XJPdIbCg

Something about that water makes you feel real good . It comes up from 5 km underground .

-  I leave Shark Bay early in the morning and head back towards the horror of Perth.  Got two days . There is a quaint little colonial town I liked  going through on the way up, might stop there .  And get a  good room and a better bed for my back then this camper bed , in prep for long ( for me )  flight home   (   why  earth did the travel agent book me on an  11:59 pm  flight to ?  I have to  drop of the van at 4 pm at the airport ... gotta wait  10 hours for a 4 hr flight ? ... wait! WTF I just looked up flight times ;

Perth to Sydney   4 hrs 10 mins   OR

it could take  18 hrs  W   T   F   !    :o

It better fuckin  NOT   :angry:  .... or 'someone' will be gettin arrested !

• Like 3

As I left shark bay early this morning ( asked ' Big Mom ' for a fav. last night as I was nervous about driving this high top van, on bad narrow roads in very high wind , with a 110 kph speed limit and triple road trains coming the other way). Woke at dawn ... dead calm  YES!  

Saw a fluffy haired dishevelled guy, looking confused waiting behind me  at the fuel stop , payment counter .   Just out of town there is this woman trying to break into a camper van, with a blanket wrapped around her . Well, that doesnt look right .  So I stopped.   She    had locked her keys , somehow , in the van and was making a silly attempt to break in, she looked cold and had a thin small blanket pulled around her trying to conceal the fact that she was dressed only  in skimpy undies . 

Oh dear !    Now there is a problem.  I asked if she was in RAC (roadside assistance) but she said it wasnt a break down. I told her they certainly DO help people that locked keys in car. Then she " But my phones locked in too "  - well, use , mine . We found a sticker on the windscreen with their number on it .  After some time and bother she got it organised. I asked  how it can happen, should be impossible with a modern van.  She said the key ring lock was playing up and goes off all by itself from a jolt . " 'WE' threw the keys in on the mattress , slammed the door and  CLICK ! "

'WE' ? 

" Yes, he went to town to try and get help . "

" Fluffy brown haired guy ? "  ... "YES! Thats him, how did you know ? "  .... " Saw him in town, I'll go back  and pick him up  and bring him back here .  What's his name ?  "

"  Frank . Ummm ... should I come with you or wait here ? "

"Thats up to you, what do you prefer, to wait in the desert in your undies  or get in a strangers van for a ride .... in your undies ."

She decided to wait ....

Go back, there is Frank trudging up the hill, he must have left  town just after me  :  " YO !  Frank ! Chin up Bro !   Its sorted . "

Took him back .... " And take the battery out your car key ! "

" Huh Why ? '  .. Oh fer God's sakes ... they might have done it again,  you can die out here being that stupid ! *

(Obviously they where 'illegal campers' , the only other thing outside the van was a bed roll )

" To disable the faulty lock signal on your keys , that way  you will not be able to  lock the door unless you are outside the van and do it  with the key,  manually ."

" Oh yeah !  Thats a good idea ! "

:rolleyes:

Drive off , she yells ' You are awesome ! "

Me ;   <  fist pump out window  as I drive off >  ' Yes !  I AM awesome  ! "

...................  long gruelling drive . Now camped overnight back at Cervantes, by the beach ... now, where is the 'Lobster Shack ' ?

place-2018-03-13-10-5589cbf562049728cf5a

Fly home tomorrow . 

*    Some_image.width-1600.1bd77c8.jpg

Dugite-or-Spotted-Brown-Snake-from-Red-H

220px-Caution_sign_for_dugite_snakes_in_

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

( Hitch hiker  murderer   - Ivan Milat  )

Bad joke :

Spoiler

Ivan and his girl friend are out walking in the forest at night .

" Oh Ivan, I am so nervous  !  "

" Why ? "

" Well, way here way out in the forest, miles from anywhere, in the dark , I'm scared .  "

" YOU"RE scared ! ?    I'm the one that has to walk all the way back to the car by myself ."

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

The 'last leg' just before the horror and devastation oft the modern sterile and bland   northern expansion of Perth into its beautiful  coastline .

I'm driving along and getting glimpses of coastal dunes and vegetation and shacks ... and  'shack villages', most look abandoned, so I went down a short road to one .

" Grey'  it was called .  WOW  what a place . There are 'squatters camps ' , preserved by law under federal constitution. But they cant be passed on . When all the old bum squatter beachies and fisherman die , I guess they will be taken over for 'development ' . I walked around for a bit and checked it out , water storage, solar hot water heaters , small wind generators, solar panels , all looks abandon .  One place had walls made of old road signs and  and speed limit signs  ( naughty ! )

And the coast there is some of the best coast I have been to ! Whoever owns them and visits is V lucky, I could live there for a bit ... beats a resort any day for me !

Then another one called   Wedge  a bit further south .

Grey  and Wedge  ;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBlkitq6hxfBF2hn_zXKf                     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU_o8QrLT7J8wXb5c0wws   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVSB86U33hkZTLT31vi_C      

wedge-grey-1.jpg

WEDGE_SHACK-1200x800.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeXys0UaLtXHPTQ-5AMBS

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-29/standoff-over-wedge-island-beach-shacks-looks-set-to-end/6055056

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

And finally ... I hit the monstrosity of Perth subs ..... get to an intersection, cars everywhere and a siren , a girl is getting pulled out of a car ... Oh no, an accident ! I stop to help, as the ambulance has not arrived yet . But then I see no cars are damaged , some have blue lights flashing inside them and the people running around have strange all blue  suits on (not uniforms of any type I have seen before ) with small 'Police' patches on them . They drag the girl over to the bushes  and cuck her on the ground and now they are puling the driver out and cuffing him. He has the requisite facial tatts  going down around his neck, long baggy shorts and cap .

Then while waiting to check in  some foreign undercover guys  ( huge African guy  with a mohican  hairdo   and a white guy with long hair and a beard are frog maching a cuffed V nasty looking guy through check in , with another at the front and two behind . must be a big catch that one  - extradition ?

Then two uniformed federal police rush through .   Good Lawd !  Cant wait to get home  and away from here ... Perth

:wacko:

Then I flicked through a news paper lying around  .... a gun store was robbed , over  100 guns floating around out there somewhere , great.   A story about how all welfare payments should be 100% 'vouchers' ... a story abut how great neat and clean Perth is  ... and then a sex add for a sexy time with twins  in huge bold type in the classified column .

Eye  yi  yi   !

Me 'waiting'  in airport departure lounge ;

190803211810-man-hides-under-table-el-pa

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this