Lataif

Sexual Jing: Is It Really Limited (?)

Please:

(1) It doesn't seem an exaggeration to me to say that traditional Qigong is obsessed 

with the idea that there is a limited amount of sexual JIng and that it must therefore

be used sparingly.

(2) But what's the evidence for this (?)

(3) It's demonstrable in physiological terms that the body replaces any used JIng.

(4) In fact, it probably increases both the supply AND the capacity to replenish

Jing based on the usage rate.

(5) This seems to me a case of traditional teaching either not understanding that

process . . . or having some other agenda to promote.

• Like 2

Hi Lataif,

Are you basing your statement that "traditional Qigong is obsessed with the idea that there is a limited amoung of sexual Jing" on in-person contact with teachers you´ve had?  It hasn´t been my experience that there´s much obsession on the part of teachers.  Some of Master Chia´s early material mentions the idea of semen retention, but later teachers such as Michael Winn do not emphasize that practice.  To my knowledge, it´s not a part of Jenny Lamb´s Yigong teaching or Stillness-Movement or Sundo.  In fact, many systems of Daoist self-development either skip this idea entirely or else keep it as something for advanced students who are ready.  I haven´t run across any teacher who encourages male newbies to start in right away "retaining" semen.

That said, it´s certainly an obsession among many male Bums!  There´s no denying that.

I´d also caution against the idea that semen is sexual jing. You might read @Taomeow ´s interview here on the site where I believe she debunked this idea.  The "substances" may indeed be related in some way but they are not synonymous.    

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Thanks 6

55 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

It hasn´t been my experience that there´s much obsession on the part of teachers.  Some of Master Chia´s early material mentions the idea of semen retention, but later teachers such as Michael Winn do not emphasize that practice. 

The emphasis is in traditional writings.  Michael Winn, as you say, considers the supply of all Chi to be virtually unlimited . . .  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lataif said:

The emphasis is in traditional writings.  Michael Winn, as you say, considers the supply of all Chi to be virtually unlimited . . .  

Ah, OK.  I haven´t read so much of the traditional writings.  I have my own sordid tale of obsession to tell (although I think I´d rather not) and caution against following in my footsteps.  Although celibacy can be a noble goal, I think it´s best when it develops naturally; pushing after it can backfire.  What seems sensible and achievable to me at this stage is moderation.  

Your own interests may be more theoretical or philosophical so my apologies if my musings don´t correspond to the intention of your thread.

3 hours ago, Lataif said:

But what's the evidence for this

Anciently, and especially before Civilization, it is Food.

Hormones are made from fatty acids and cholesterol which people make in body.

If not enough food, then trade between activity, reproductive, and thinking functions is happening.

People going to be conquered are usually thus starved first.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lataif said:

It's demonstrable in physiological terms that the body replaces any used JIng.

In fact, modern people are showing degeneration and degenerative disease at "normal" food levels.

So the modern Feed System is not making functional humans.

And Jing being thus acquired - is defective. Out of balance in structure and functions. Must be fixed, repaired. 

Modern food and medicine is making Internal Cultivation and Qigong into a pipe dream for modern people.

All that must be fixed first, and food and human living must be understood in the traditional way first, before techniques shown.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is sort of a condensation or extremis inferrence statement in the OP: sexual jing (which i’m not sure what you mean by) and jing as part of the limited resource of early-heaven energy bestowed uppn a person by their parents, ancestors etc etc are not the same.

Traditional Qigong as i’ve studied it before coming on here and even after has shown no tendency at all towards regarding jing or sexual essence with any obsession.

The fact that jing is limited, idk if this is supposed to be YuanJing or ”just” Jing, seems to always be explained as a part of the seemingly limited energy to propagate life and it’s finite nature. Our jing is used to replenish and maintain our physical manifestations and our potential to propagate our species, but afaik Jing itself cant be said to be equal to semen or eggs, precum or cum liquid in either physical gender. Jing feeds and supports the making of such substances, and probably a very Yang part (i’m going of the creative or generative principles of Yang energy) does in fact get ”spent” breeding.

Sexual jing isn’t really something i’ve come across that much outside of TDB.

I think it could be something like Kranks expounds: nutritional, metabolism and stuff.

Jing is said to be one aspect pf the Trifold Unity of energy.

Jing is sometimes exenplified as being - but not exclusively - manifest in physical essence and liquids, hence the semen parallell.

This from what i’ve seen reported and witnessed from some traditional exponents, but not all.

I think semen and jing could quite possibly have a correlation, but semen retention and the like with forced celibacy could also be not only for ready students but for students who would benefit from it. There are seldom wholly recommended practices for everyone, especially not so direct.

I mean there’s quite the possibility that if you do practices based on jing and semen that you agument the jing manifest through and in your semen, but if so that probably has a purpose.

Compare jing sexual guidance as readily available on here and other places as ”you might need to use rhinitis decongestant spray” instead of ”everybody should use rhinitis spray because it is GOOD”.

Taoist and qigong practics seldom just propagate panacea methods to everybody everywhere on the same basis, or at peast in my experience.

However: whatever you decide to do about sexual energy practices know that energy manifested in sexuality and related activities is deep, old and VERY powerful. Take care ok?

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
Forgot to, and then i’m drunk. Woo.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lataif said:

sexual JIng

That's a very common, and particularly damaging misunderstanding...

It's like calling the yolk of an egg 'feather essence'...

16 hours ago, Lataif said:

The emphasis is in traditional writings.

You (or the translator) have misunderstood the classics - or their context.

• Like 1

Below is a blog from my freind Master Chen that may be helpful please notice that sex is not mentioned. the classics to do not mention sex because sex energy is not jing.

The classics us sexual relationship as metaphor to give birth to our true self, the divine immortal that is always with us, the super being that is  inside of us all.

Sexual energy comes from the post heaven mind, it is mind driven. It is a major error to think sexual energy is jing,

Now here is the simplified blog enjoy.

Health and rejuvenation depend on increasing the quality and quantity of Jing and Qi.  What methods can you use?

The first method is seated meditation. This is the method of stillness.

The next method is slow Tai Chi in which you focus on the waist.  All action starts from the waist (the Dan Tian).  Then breathe.  Use the breath to cooperate mind and action, to gain cooperation of tiger and dragon.  Tai Chi has 8 different actions and 5 postures.  This is the method of motion.

Dao Yin is the third way to collect Jing.  Dao Yin is between stillness and motion.  It includes the 12, 16 and 8 pieces brocade.  It includes Qi Gong – Qi Gong is Dao Yin.  Qi Gong is supporting exercise.  In order to collect Qi, the meridians must be smooth and unblocked.  Qi Gong smoothes the meridians.  When the Qi transmuted from meditation and Tai Chi, then we need the channels to transport the Qi.  When the organs are healthy, at the end of the day, they give back left over Yuan Qi and Yuan Jing.  This goes back to the Dan Tian.

Diet and nutrition are also important.  Better health is achieved if you are 80% vegetarian, and 20% non-vegetarian.  At first, when you are rebuilding your foundation, you should have meat.  If you are a healer or body worker you should continue at least 20% meat until you are ready to give up your practice.  It is best to eat fresh, organic foods and to avoid preserved and deep fried foods.  Avoid lead and mercury tainted foods, avoid super heated oils, and avoid pickled foods.

When you practice these the body will initially become very sensitive to its intake.  You will feel it if you bring in polluted foods.  Yang quality of food is preferred.  The Solar Diet is the best to keep Yang at an optimum level.  If you must eat meat, eat good quality meat.  Venison, buffalo and elk are very good. Never eat beef, dog, goose, or Koi carp – they are associated to the four basic virtues: filial piety, kindness, loyalty and devotion.  Humans must learn from these animals and keep this kind of quality.  You must cultivate virtue; must engage in virtue.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

“there is a limited amount of sexual JIng",is not based on any Qigoing or theory or book, it is based on the life-span of many Kings in the history of China. They had more sex, they died sooner.  

16 minutes ago, Shubin said:

“there is a limited amount of sexual JIng",is not based on any Qigoing or theory or book, it is based on the life-span of many Kings in the history of China. They had more sex, they died sooner.  

Being a king is an occupational hazard that shortened many lives -- chiefly due to assassinations though.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Some scientists like to talk about how our cells are constantly creating copies of themselves and then dying off. And every time the DNA gets copied there is a chance that some anomaly occurs, leading to eventual degradation manifesting as tumors and other problems. Just like making a copy of a copy of a copy etc. in a Xerox or VCR leads to the image getting fuzzy. I personally think there are certain flaws with this view, but It does convey a similar idea that we are given a finite amount of something at birth, that wears down irreplaceably throughout life. Slowing or stopping unnecessarily excessive reproductive churning is one among several ways of decreasing the burning away of one's life.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-18 at 4:50 PM, Taomeow said:

Being a king is an occupational hazard that shortened many lives -- chiefly due to assassinations though.   

Don’t forget executions, there’s been plenty of those as well with and around kings.

On 2019-08-18 at 4:29 PM, Shubin said:

They had more sex, they died sooner.  

Sorry for the crude edit there Shubin but if we look at it as that the whole issue with kings is more like an issue of many humans from all strata and situations. ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Some scientists like to talk about how our cells are constantly creating copies of themselves and then dying off. And every time the DNA gets copied there is a chance that some anomaly occurs, leading to eventual degradation manifesting as tumors and other problems. Just like making a copy of a copy of a copy etc. in a Xerox or VCR leads to the image getting fuzzy. I personally think there are certain flaws with this view, but It does convey a similar idea that we are given a finite amount of something at birth, that wears down irreplaceably throughout life. Slowing or stopping unnecessarily excessive reproductive churning is one among several ways of decreasing the burning away of one's life.

We have a finite amount of "something," it's true, but before applying any practical solutions to this problem, it would be a good idea to first figure out what that "something" is before undertaking to conserve it.  Otherwise one might discover that "something" that shortens our lives by running out too fast and "something" we are trying to save are not the same thing at all, so the latter won't help with the former. 

Jing in its broadest sense is memory -- memory of self, of how to be yourself.  The copies of copies our cells create under less-than-optimal conditions can indeed take us farther and farther away from the "original" -- but what exactly is the process whereby we produce "more copies" and lose more and more of the original?  Well, the good news is, sex isn't that -- bad sex is.  Sex is part of normal functioning like all other processes associated with aliveness, and doesn't take away from our cellular memory of how to be "ourselves," members of our species and individuals of that species.  Bad sex does though -- by causing the body and the mind (and more) to "forget" what we are, on all levels -- from scrambled, haywire hormonal cascades affecting all organs and systems that respond by cascades of abnormal functions throwing off system-organ-function memory of "what it's like to be normal," to really stupid ideas in the head, including all in-betweens.   

Now I'm going to stop before I write a dissertation on the subject of "what constitutes good sex and what constitutes bad sex" -- I'll just say they are not the same and leave it at that.  May we all find a way to figure it out and be blessed with partners who have figured it out too.   :D   

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Now I'm going to stop before I write a dissertation on the subject of "what constitutes good sex and what constitutes bad sex" -- I'll just say they are not the same and leave it at that.  May we all find a way to figure it out and be blessed with partners who have figured it out too.   :D   

Oops!  I was reading your second paragraph happily formulating the exact question you say you´d rather not go into in your third.  Ah well, as it happens I may have figured it out on my own anyways.  Or at least I have some pretty good ideas of what not to do.  ^_^

• Like 2

Jing is a substance in the body whose amount can be measured due to proper diagnostic, especially of the elasticity and tone of the related acupoints.

One can divide Jing into multiple subtypes of Jing depending on where it is stored, so you'll have Marrow-and-Brain Jing, Meridian-Yuan, sexual Jing (stored in the Bao), etc. It is indeed like dividing an egg into yolk and egg white... which is useful for the same reasons people DO separate Yolk and Egg Whites :P

"Sexual Jing" can be understood as the Jing related to the Bao and the Gonads. Even though your amount of produced sperm increases with sexual practice and regular sexual life, sperm IS NOT Jing - it is a material substance which serves as a "vessel" through which Jing flows.

Increasing the amount of the "vessel" will make it so more of the "water" will be caried along when you come. The amount of produced sperm increasing with promiscuity is indeed a sign of loss of Jing.

Now, how can the amount of Jing in someone's body be quantified? As I've said, Diagnosys of key points and phatologyes the person has will give you indications on the amount of Pre-Heaven Jing someone has in their body, the main factor being Aging.

Look into people who commit excesses in their lives, like promiscuity, drinking too much, staying in the sun for too long... and you'll see all the signs of premature aging.

Then, if you reach a point in which you can feel the amount of Pre-Heaven Jing inside someone's body, be the Kidney Jing which is stored on the region of the left kidney, the Ming Men Jing in the region of GV4, the Bao Jing, the Brain-and-Marrow Jing or the Meridian's Yuan, you'll be able to notice that it does not increase after being used - and that it decreases greatly with excesses, like fasting for long periods of time.

Then, if you find "rejuvenating qi-gong" you'll still will be able to notice that some key acupoints in your body will remain relatively empty compared to when you where younger, and that it is the same with everyone who's older. You'll be able to create a rejuvenating appearance in someone by accurately using acupoints like Kidney 7, which "replenishes the Jing", but you'll then notice that this a feeble effect with many limitations - yes, it will make you look younger and even take away some of the old-age pains you might have, but once you stop using acupuncture or moxabustion on that acupoint, that all crumbles in a few days. The pain will be back, the wrinkles as well... best of cases and you can nourish the region for enough time and with enough technique to be able to accumulate some Post-Heaven Jing in the Kidney meridian's connection to the Extraordinary Vessels to look young for a little bit longer.

The Extraordinary Vessel which connects to the Kidney main Meridian, btw, is the Yin Qiao Mai, which connects to K2 all the way to K8, and then follows a path right next to the Kidney meridian as well, even without being part of it. Then it nourishes the Brain. This Meridian, therefore, can be somewhat nourished (to the limit of how much nourishment can come from Heat alone) once one applies Moxabustion on K7. Opening this Vase works wonders for rejuvenating people, especially if they present Kidney Yin Deficiency related problems. Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Quick note: That's why saying "look at that qigong instructor, he looks so young, his QiGong must work indeed!" is a mistake. There are plenty of means for one to pretend to be younger with TCM.

That's the more physical and medical form of understanding the logic of "excesses (including sexual ones) deplete the Pre-Heaven Jing". You're free to think that "it is all sexual taboo by those hiper-conservative idots" and rebel against it, of course.... just make a small money reserve and look for me in 20 years or so, haha.

Edit: Memory isn't related to Jing, but to the state of your "Sea of Marrow" (Brain), which is connected to the Kidney's Yin, which THEN is connected to Pre-Heaven Jing. There is some Bone-And-Marrow Jing associated to that, but most of the nourishment to the Sea of Marrow and the Bones themselves comes from Kidney Yin.

Only the most profound Marrow has some Jing stored in itself, like some of deepest recesses of your brain (your essential structures, such as the motor cortex, cerebelun, amigdala, etc).

Alzheimer patients can be quite easily treated by stimulating the Kidney Yin, and that will solve the memory loss issue (at least for a while). Of course, if it could cure Alzheimer for life then we acupuncturists would all be filth rich by now, but it can slow down the disease's progress quite a lot.

In the end, the loss of Kidney Yin with aging is unstoppable without some miraculous means. So things like Dementia will eventually settle in.

You either become brainless or die before that, there is no way out except by finding the formula for Pre-Heaven Jing reconstitution.

Edited by Desmonddf
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

But there seem to be ways to be less agressive in consuming jing, which ought to do some difference in a long run right? I’m hoping @Desmonddf would chime in on this question :)

I mean the aging and ecesses thing is visible in many very healthy people too, highly dedicated gym goers, master joggers and other idolized folks who look overly tanned and 15 years older than they are.

Then theres folk who you can see in their eye and posture they’ve not really wasted a lot of their stores, i know a few older guys and girls in their 60s who are spry and stronger than most people i know, their energy dimishes whenever they’re not being dynamic and active. Strange but maybe not that strange after all?

Someone told me once that once you work yourself tired you’ve done too much and dug into your jing resource, which is why it’s important to stay hydrated and eat a decent amount of food to expend energywise, and knowing to pause before one starts to feel like a break is needed.

Anyone against these ideas?

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 1:40 PM, Desmonddf said:

Edit: Memory isn't related to Jing, but to the state of your "Sea of Marrow" (Brain), which is connected to the Kidney's Yin, which THEN is connected to Pre-Heaven Jing. There is some Bone-And-Marrow Jing associated to that, but most of the nourishment to the Sea of Marrow and the Bones themselves comes from Kidney Yin.

Terminological ambiguity is the source of many misunderstandings. 

Memory in the broader sense is not what you remember in your head.  Memory loss is not what you don't remember in your head.

Jing is the memory embedded in your DNA.  It is pretty obvious on the stage of fetal development -- the body, in the  process of becoming "itself," actually expresses this memory by morphing into everything it remembers, from its unicellular state to a multicellular "blob" to the formation of a fish-like, reptile-like, mammal-like, finally human-like entity that "remembers" how to arrange itself into a member of its species and then an individual of this species.  Part of what it remembers is how not to express what you are not, even though the memory of what you are not, of all the ways a live organism on earth could potentially go that your individual self hasn't chosen, is there. 

Your jing stores memory of how to grow scales and feathers and horns -- and the memory how not to do it (encoded in a special "don't go there" stop-signs on the developmental sequence.  I Ching's "Standstill" or molecular biology's SIR2P recombination inhibiting gene or what have you.)  Artificial genetic manipulations can remove a stop-sign of this nature and get the body to "forget" -- they can now grow chickens who have teeth, e.g., by causing a loss of memory of a whole sequence that made a pterodactyl into a chicken and replaced the teeth with a beak.  And many, many influences of a lifestyle of which we don't have systemic memory but which we now lead can interfere with this kind of memory, the fundamental memory of who and what you are and where you come from.  We systemically remember pterodactyls, we don't systemically remember how to handle electromagnetic frequencies never before encountered on earth in which we presently swim, or designer molecules produced by chemical and medical industries that neither our kind nor any kind before ours has ever had a chance to encounter, learn to process and include into its systemic memory database, aka jing.  That's what "memory loss" is.  That's what "jing loss" is.  Not just Alzheimer's (although it's one possible side effect).  

Jing is pretty fundamental and not even limited to the events in one organism or one species -- it's the memory of everything that brought you to the point of individuation here and now.  Jing comes from the stars.  

Yes, we have a limited amount, but that's not the problem -- we have enough of this limited amount for all purposes unless it has been tampered with from the get-go, from our earliest developmental history (which it was) and continues to be tampered with by many features of our lifestyle that "waste" whatever remains after we're done getting formed under wasteful or distorted conditions.  That's why it is so very hard to conserve, let alone replenish -- no one method even scratches the surface.  Try conserving the star dust being blown away by a cosmic wind.  

Not entirely impossible, according to some taoist immortals. :)  But very involved.         

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

But there seem to be ways to be less agressive in consuming jing, which ought to do some difference in a long run right? I’m hoping @Desmonddf would chime in on this question :)

I mean the aging and ecesses thing is visible in many very healthy people too, highly dedicated gym goers, master joggers and other idolized folks who look overly tanned and 15 years older than they are.

Then theres folk who you can see in their eye and posture they’ve not really wasted a lot of their stores, i know a few older guys and girls in their 60s who are spry and stronger than most people i know, their energy dimishes whenever they’re not being dynamic and active. Strange but maybe not that strange after all?

Someone told me once that once you work yourself tired you’ve done too much and dug into your jing resource, which is why it’s important to stay hydrated and eat a decent amount of food to expend energywise, and knowing to pause before one starts to feel like a break is needed.

Anyone against these ideas?

Proper rest, proper work, proper exercise, proper eating, proper drinking, proper sex, proper human relations and proper emotions. Then, "genetics" (the constitutional quality of your Jing reserves, as well of your available amount of it). All of those are factors to longevity.

In the Yellow Emperor's Classic, humans should get decrepit only at 70-80 years old (with males becoming infertile only at 70), when "your teeth fall out, your muscles are feeble" and so on. That's for a REGULAR human, like, a farmer.

In the "old times" the Classic talks about you should be able to reach 100 years old while still being in prim and proper shape, with plenty of energy to use and even fertile - even if you're a woman.

Improper Eating will tackle into your Jing reserves way harder than excessive drinking, for instance - unless by "excessive" you mean getting wasted every single day of your life. A single week of fasting can be as harmful of a month of drinking every weekend. That depends on each person. However, fasting can be good as well - as long as the loss of Jing from fasting isn't as great as the loss of Jing from something else (for instance, sedentarism and obesity), then it will actually be a good choice!

That's what we ponder when thinking about if it will be a good therapeutic approach to open someone's Extraordinary Meridians. As Post-Heaven Jing is stored in them, opening them mean the reserves of Post-Heaven Jing you have will be used once they're opened, which will make some go like : "The fuck bro, you're making me more vulnerable to using my Pre-Heaven Jing!".

Yes, we are. But a full Yin Qiao Mai will be useless if you already has a disease eating away at your reserves. It uses LESS of your lifespan if we open it and heal your disease.

It's basically loss control, e-e.

Those who are "tonned" with halterofilism are actually sick. As well as those who depend on hormone terapy to look younger (same effects of using TCM to look younger). As for top-tier athetes, there's a reason why they usually retire when they are 30 years old or so :rolleyes:

Now, being lazy (improper exercise) or not working well (improper work) are indeed sources of Jing loss! Everything that's an excess will tap into your reserves and generate premature aging.

So, the instruction is to live moderately. That WILL look like an "excessive" life in some aspects for the regular Westerner (like exercising 2-3 hours a day), but it's still moderate in the eyes of TCM.

Then, you also have the proper exercises (2-3 hours of weight lifting will be a huge problem, while 2-3 hours of cardio won't be good as well - you need balance).

The ideal routine from a TCM view is as it follows (following the 12-part Qi Cycle in the body):

You'll wake at around 3 A.M. (when the rooster crows, lung meridian time). Then, you'll sit on meditation and do soft, body-nourishing breathing exercises until 5 A.M.

Then, at 5 A.M., you'll start feeling the desire to defecate (large bowel meridian  time). You'll take your time from 5 A.M. to 7 A.M. to do light exercise or tend to your farm animals (remember, daoism is all about the idilic farm life) and then going to the bathroom to do your business.

At 7 A.M. you'll start feeling hunger (stomach meridian time). You'll prepare your breakfeast and eat around 8 A.M.

After eating, you'll take your time preparing the food you'll eat later and resting, so the stomach can properly digest your breakfeast and separate the best parts of the food and its essence. No hardcore exercises at this time, and absolutely no fasting! This is your most important and nutritional meal of the day - it must contain all of the season's proper foods prepared in the proper way and so on.

At 9 A.M (spleen meridian time). you'll start feeling a lot of energy in your body. It is a good time to exercise your muscles by doing farmwork. So, you'll head to the fields and start shoveling that dirt. At 10 A.M. you'll be hungry again, so you'll eat the lunch you prepared earlier.

Then, you'll rest for around 1 hour so all of that food can be properly digested and your muscles feed and nourished by the fresh Ying Qi your meridians, blood and "meats" are receiving. Hurray, time to get good muscles - lean and strong, no fibrosys (halterofilists have wet dreams with fibrosys-full and swollen muscles...) and plenty of muscle fibers (strenght-creating) !

Of course, since every day you'll get a little stronger, every day you'll be able to work a little bit more than the previous. So you'll end up becoming a super-farmer which will be able to feed yourself and your family with just a little bit of work every day.

At 11 A.M. your Heart Meridian will be receiving the greater amount of Qi possible. You'll do very little exercise and focus on nourishing your Yin and Blood - be by idilic observing the scenery, meditating, making art or any other form of internal cultivation - away from the Sun, of course, since it will harm you to receive too much heat at this time. Even if it is winter.

At 1 P.M your Small Intestines will be receiving the most nourishment from Qi and Blood. It is a very good time to let all of the day's worries and excess emotions be drained from your body, so you should take this time to both pump up your circulation and talk to your friends - living like a farmer means you'll have plenty of manual labor to be done, so you can chat up while doing stuff like peeling rice or harvesting vegetables. Nibbling on some food is only part of the course, better if you have just a little bit of wine (usually rice wine) to make it smooth.

At 3 P.M. you'll have your whole body nourished with Qi and Blood, as the Urinary Bladder is one of the outer meridians of the body. This Meridian will make it so you'll have to do a little bit of everything - at the same time cultivate, meditate, eat, talk and do internal cultivation. It is the time of closure for the body, in which you'll have to take everything you've done in the whole day and do it all at the same time - the culmination of cultivation.

For instance, you can go on to the communal fields (remember, we are old farmers in Imperial China - there are personal and communal fields, the first being your own and the later the community and the lord's fields - the Lord here being the Perfect King, usually a religious figure) and work on them while chatting, nibbling on food, doing breathing exercises, ritmic work and meditating.

So, if you have worked hard and sweaty from 9 A.M. to 10 A.M., with the idea of providing for yourself and your family, now is the time to work with precision and focusing on the moment. One form of doing so is by singing and working with your cultivating farmer pals in sincrony and harmony. Quite creepy for a westerner, but do imagine a row of farmers singing, plowing, breathing, talking and so on in harmony and ritmically. It will also generate a strong sense of community and put you in contact with the People Dao, which will be very interesting for reaching new heights in your own cultivation.

Do notice the first part of the day (End Yin to the peak of the Yang) is based on "isolated" self-cultivation, while the second part of the day (Peak of the Yang to the Beginning of the Yin) is more community-based.

At 5 P.M. your Kidneys start to be nourished. You'll stop work and head home, where you'll bathe, take time with the family and have a nice meal with a very small amount of wine with special herbs. Tea might be even more appropriate, depending on the region you're living in.

At 7 P.M. your Pericardium meridian will start to kick in. You must be on your bed already. You and the Wife will take a long time of foreplay and have a form of sacred-but-simple sex in which you'll be able to nourish your emotions, sensations and spirit - while also protecting your body from any harm and creating an "energetic layer" around yourself, which will prevent all kinds of diseases. Pillow talk is advised, but the kind you do after-sex and makes you happy to be alive. If the Wife is pregnant, even better.

At 9 P.M. You'll start to sleep soundly and quietly. Your Triple Burner meridian will spread, combine and purify all the energy you have generated through the day, and then store it neatly into your Extraordinary Meridians.

Around 11 P.M. your Gallblater starts to release all of the indecisions and tensions you had during the day, making it so your sleep becomes so peaceful you'll be sleeping like a baby. It is the time where the body starts to reach perfect harmony and all of your daily decision-making is solidified, approaching you to the Dao.

At 12 P.M. your Liver will finish the day by making it so your body reaches the pinnacle of harmony. The midnight-crow of the rooster will come as a signal for your Hun soul to leave the body and learn on the spiritual plane of existence, while your physical body finds most confort and perfect balance, becoming as nourished and harmonic as possible.

Your Souls will be in peace, and your body will be completely relaxed. This moment will be when the Dao is stronger on your body, and also when you'll have to find it (for your Souls) with your out-of-the-body experiences, since your Souls and your Flesh are separated. Once you reach the same level of attainment of the Dao - as a Soul -  as nature gives your body by following this routine, then you'll be able to leave it behind and start new forms of cultivation - Soul-Driven cultivation, instead of Body-Driven cultivation. This new kind of cultivation will bring a new kind of lifestyle and living, in which your body will attain higher levels of being than it would attain by simply living. It will also be the kind that's impossible to compress in a Routine, as you'll be starting to become one with the Dao and the Moment will be more important than the Day. Your Souls will show you the path, not your body.  In fact, your body will start to become spiritual. Some die at this stage, since their further cultivation practices must be done in the world of the dead, not the living. Some reach amazing longevity... and some appear to have gone insane, but are actually much more aware and spiritual than most. It is the time in cultivation where you'll become out-of-the-norm. After that level has been cleared as well, you'll then be able to do cultivation in the level of Qi Gong and Nei Gong.

Do tell me if you find anyone capable of doing this. I'm unable to wake before 10 a.m. and usually sleep at 1 P.M., so I just know the path, not having the capability of walking it... yet.

Spoiler

Memory Loss is very litteral in terms of TCM. "DNA memory" is something called "Constitutional Quality of Jing", not being related to "memory".

Your Constitution is derived from your Jing, but your memory as well. Both are pretty especific, and you'll have completely different diagnosys and treatment methods for each of them.

Edited by Desmonddf
  • Like 2

I wish there was an easy how-to manual for preserving the ancestral memory of who we are and rectifying things that have inevitably gone wrong, a sort of Rewilding For Dummies.  Then again, it´s possible that this process does not fit neatly within the For Dummies teaching format.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2019 at 11:13 AM, liminal_luke said:

I wish there was an easy how-to manual for preserving the ancestral memory of who we are and rectifying things that have inevitably gone wrong, a sort of Rewilding For Dummies.  Then again, it´s possible that this process does not fit neatly within the For Dummies teaching format.

30657117_10155094286161626_7522281287869005824_n.jpg.674cc04ca57b1330fdb06ef3fd23d7d3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm reminded of a scientist... East German or Russian, post ww2, studying the possible effects of qualities of light (sun cycles) on dna, in particular that of fern seeds.  He was working with cohesive light, under the hypothesis that changes in the sun's light will awaken certain genetic markers in the ancestral memory of dna.  i.e when the sun cycles and the quality of its light shifts, this affects dna and active gene markers.

He happened upon a particular frequency of laser/cohesive light that he shown through a fern seed prior to planting and from that seed, grew an 11 million year old ancestral version of a modern fern.

Reminded me that there is such wisdom in the body.

Indeed, there are more miracles in a square yard of 'simple, ordinary' earth, than in all the libraries and religious texts of the world.

Who is it truly notices the mundane?  Who bothers with the ordinary?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

He happened upon a particular frequency of laser/cohesive light that he shown through a fern seed prior to planting and from that seed, grew an 11 million year old ancestral version of a modern fern.

Reminded me that there is such wisdom in the body.

Indeed, there are more miracles in a square yard of 'simple, ordinary' earth, than in all the libraries and religious texts of the world.

Who is it truly notices the mundane?  Who bothers with the ordinary?

No way!?! Such an old variety? That is insane and remarkable!

Thunder, as always you come straight out of left field and drop these diamonds, thanks!

I know a forestman who ithink would rejoice and somersault if i could give him some of the research material, he grows firs and pines and i’d love to see what he could uncover with pineseeds. 😍 

• Like 3