Sumer: the "black-headed" vs. the "red-faced"

1 minute ago, welkin said:

Let's see how many people agree with you

I know what you are btw :)

What am I?

2 hours ago, welkin said:

Let's see how many people agree with you

I know what you are btw :)

Everybody knows he's a white cat.  Please cease and desist.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, welkin said:

Look closer. It's right in your face. Don't be blinded by simple logic, intellect. Use your eyes, your heart, your intuition. Put the pieces together. Everything you need to know has already been publicly published. Where aren't you looking?

edit: (not in the videos i guess since you mentioned it's not in there. i didn't watch them since I had no specific point to reference to. Sorry you had to go through them)

Look closer is right in your face , use your heart and your intuition        ......        but   ,      I didnt watch them  .

?    WTF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Apech said:

Just a couple of takeaways from the Sweatman thing and so on.

1.  If it is right that cave art is zodiacal - then of course this means the Babylonians were just codifying something very, very ancient - which is interesting in terms of how people have always understood the relation between 'as above so below' etc.

2.  If we are talking about civilisation and its effects - then Gobekli Tepe means we have to review entirely what we mean by that term - as clearly social organisation, engineering, architecture, symbolic thought existed pre settled agriculture and city dwelling.  So I guess we need to separate culture and civilisation - which tend to be conflated.

By the way in his book Sweatman compares the 'handbags' to the Egyptian horizon (akhet) symbol:

Akhet-This-symbol-represent.jpg

Since I have noticed this in academia, and then went to look up definitions, I realised 'civilisation' has no form and agreed upon parameters . I noted this  on the history forum ( full of pros , authors , etc ) . Someone popped their head up and said I was wrong and gave a definition. That opened the flood gates, all sorts of people came in to the argument  - no there is no firm consensus on what it means . Some  countries Universities and  disciplines have definitions of civilisation  different from others .

That Egyptian symbol above is a pillow  ... one of those innovative ancient designs  .....  now its a handbag - pull this strap, turn it inside out  and its a pillow ! 

:)

Piankhy - Pilanky

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGsSegkZkrz2DMdqkNeU7

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Since I have noticed this in academia, and then went to look up definitions, I realised 'civilisation' has no form and agreed upon parameters .

Only because, as was noted above,

7 hours ago, Apech said:

So I guess we need to separate culture and civilisation - which tend to be conflated.

Aaaand...  it becomes much easier to tell them apart once you realize they are, indeed, presented as one (culture ascribed to civilization as its feature) only because history is written by the winner.  Civilization hijacks cultures, more like, and destroys most and transmogrifies and appropriates others.  Another thing it does is, it makes culture a matter of privilege, whereas real culture is absolutely egalitarian. 

Civilization is that hunter who writes the story of the cowardice, stupidity, and weakness of the lioness because he's the one who managed to kill her with his demonic weapons -- first with his rifle, and then her story with his pen.  The lioness can't correct his story because she's now a carpet under his abominable feet.  

The word "civilization" itself is quite revealing.  It is derived from the Latin civilis -- "civil", which comes from civis -- "citizen" which comes from civitas -- "city."  CIvilization means a state of affairs where there's cities -- and that's what leads to "citizens," "civilians" and (rarely) "civil disobedience."  Civilization=concrete jungle (even if they start out with mud bricks or marble.)  I.e. the opposite of nature.  Whereas "culture" is really part of nature, an attempt (on varying scales) to penetrate its mysteries and imitate/replicate/embody its creativity.  Magic is the first cultural endeavor -- and it used to be ubiquitous way before cities and back-breaking work in the fields.  I'd say civilization kills culture and replaces it with simulacra.  It's not for nothing that the suicide rate among men working in culture professionally is 20% higher than in the general population -- and in women working in culture, a whooping 69% higher.  And this doesn't even begin to tell the story of those who gave up before, instead of, or after trying to have a life that has anything to do with culture.  

• Like 1

Culture has two meanings too ;  ' culture '   and  ' a culture' .

Or as some have settled on 'Culture' and 'culture' 

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/culturalanthropology/chapter/anthropological-culture-concept/

Yet the etymology of culture , via Latin (colere - tend or cultivate) , via Medieval Latin (culturare- cultivation of the soil), via French (culturer /  culture ;      cultivation of the mind, faculties, or manners’) to English  (culture - that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, law, morals, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society {Tylor 1920 } ) 

Ah, what the heck , since you never got it before

(lets go backwards this time )

Dog (English )  from  Dogge  (Middle English )  from  Dogga / Dogca (old English )   - origin unknown    !

But according to Wiki ;

The original meaning seems to have been a common dog, as opposed to a well-bred one, or something like 'cur', and perhaps later came to be used for stocky dogs. Possibly a pet-form diminutive with suffix -ga (compare frocga (frog), *picga (pig)), appended to a base *dog-, *doc- of unclear origin and meaning. One possibility is Old English dox (dark, swarthy) (compare frocga from frox).[4]

In 14th-century England, hound (from Old English hund) was the general word for all domestic canines, and dog referred to a subtype resembling the modern mastiff and bulldog.[5] By the 16th century, dog had become the general word, and hound had begun to refer only to breeds used for hunting.[6] In the 16th century, the word dog was adopted by several continental European languages as their word for mastiff

In German the word for  'dog ' is still  'hund'  .

And the American  for dog is  dawg

And the Sumerian for  dog is ... ? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Yet the etymology of culture , via Latin (colere - tend or cultivate) , via Medieval Latin (culturare- cultivation of the soil), via French (culturer /  culture ;      cultivation of the mind, faculties, or manners’) to English  (culture - that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, law, morals, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society {Tylor 1920 } ) 

The Old Slavonic kotora (quite similar to modern Russian kul'tura -- culture) may have preceded this derivation.  Kotora is derived from the Proto-Indo-European kat -- "battle."

57 minutes ago, Nungali said:

And the Sumerian for  dog is ... ? 

Possibly bau.  (Which makes sense, bow-wow, doesn't it?)  Bau was the goddess of dogs, and probably a dog herself, but later became anthropomorphic as Gula, the goddess of healing accompanied by a dog.  (In Russian we have an idiom -- "healed like on a dog" -- meaning, fast and easily.  At the dawn of history, dogs must have been very healthy and very good at healing using nothing more than a licking tongue.  Modern dogs aren't quite as sturdy.  Dog owners always complain of tons of money spent on vets.)  There's also a Sumerian word for "mad dog" or "howling dog" -- ur(i)dim or urguluú.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSApfcvFqmjMmVa70PvD-v

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCD5JQURHUGxeUCy9mzRg

A Dachshund  ?  !  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEzrJL-j7UZvP1dTQ3Oqh

from dog cemetry at  Ninisina (Gula's)   temple .

Cult Places

The é-gal-mah temple in Isin was the heart of Ninisinna's cult. Probably within the complex was é-ur-gi7-ra ("dog house"), built by Enlil-bani (1860-1837 BCE). Ninisinna, like Gula, was associated with dogs, and 33 dog skeletons were excavated in é-gal-mah. Many of the animals were sick or injured, and it is possible that they were cared for by the temple (Avalos 1995).

http://oracc.museum.upenn.edu/amgg/listofdeities/ninisinna/index.html

The tradition was passed on or, developed as well, in the Zoroastrian tradition

( see   Vendidad   chapters 13, 14 and 15  http://www.avesta.org/vendidad/vd_tc.htm   )

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

Culture has two meanings too ;  ' culture '   and  ' a culture' .

My favorite meaning is food.:)

17 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Whereas "culture" is really part of nature, an attempt (on varying scales) to penetrate its mysteries and imitate/replicate/embody its creativity.  Magic is the first cultural endeavor -- and it used to be ubiquitous way before cities and back-breaking work in the fields.

What about food? :D

On 11/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, Taomeow said:

Do tell about the dog. :)

Gilgamesh is a great starting point indeed.  I have it in Stephen Mitchell's translation ("Gilgamesh: A New English Translation") and while I haven't looked to compare it with other versions, would dare recommend it on its own merits.  It has energy, passion, startling surprises -- you almost feel as though you're reading a thriller rather than researching some ancient dust. 

Thank you.

It's interesting that the origin of the word seems to be a mystery, giving rise to theories:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bxqd4

@Taomeow I have the feeling you'll like this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8dSGSRppw

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

What about food? :D

You thought I'd overlook food?  :D I just sort of think of it in the overall context of a broad definition of "magic."  Magic, you know, as part of how ordinary reality itself works -- we're just so used to the most miraculous that we don't think of it as magical, instead we think of magic as something "goal-oriented" that either "works toward the goal we set" or "doesn't work."  And therein lies our demise.  "Forced magic" usually either doesn't work at all, or works destructively.  It's easier to harness a djinn that destroys palaces than one who builds them.  Try to build a city with a nuclear bomb.

Food is the most magical thing.  It's not just the crude "outside to inside" shift -- it's the first alchemical transformation of "not me" into "me."  And vice versa, depending on what you eat.  The kind of "me" you obtain is predicated on what kind of "not me" you got as input.  But in a most mysterious way!  The mammoth ate grass, it was essentially a huge wooly lawn mower.  We ate the mammoth though, once the grass into mammoth transformation was taken care of.  They used to not mind until it got really cold really suddenly...  so researchers blaming their extinction on us are way off.  We just cleaned the plate and there were no second helpings anymore, but we aren't the sun so we weren't responsible when it abruptly stopped cooking the mammoths' food for them.  

So I guess culture is predicated on, primarily, climate, the latter is the epigenetic factor that causes cultures "in the human sense" to manifest, and epigenetic adaptation is part of magic.  Learning to use fire to cook food was culture -- and magic.  We can't breathe fire, we had to come up with a cultural way to externalize our needs.  Culture is a departure from the embodied, taking something originating "in here within me" into the outside world.  Long as it doesn't depart too far, doesn't suck the "in here within me" dry like our modern culture does, we're OK.  Culture is a double-edged sword that is easy to fall on.   (Or push someone onto.)  

2 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

It's interesting that the origin of the word seems to be a mystery, giving rise to theories:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bxqd4

@Taomeow I have the feeling you'll like this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8dSGSRppw

Thank you.  So dogs are dragons?  What about cats? :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Felidae in Russia . 

Interesting !    They seem to have a long relationship with a type of domestication with them.

Even the cats adopt  them   :)

The Daily Mail doesn't like my adblock, so I couldn't read the article there, but I know that puma.  He was born in a zoo, had health problems, was adopted into the family (wouldn't make it in the wild) and from what I've seen is as eager to "behave" as a dog, far surpassing most cats in this regard.  E.g. I could only dream of my cat taking a bath in stride like this:

I wouldn't say there's too many domesticated wild cats in Russia, but they occasionally happen.  The father of a friend of mine had a cat who was a cross between the common domestic kitty and a wild reed cat, aka jungle cat or swamp cat.  His name was  Bes (which means devil or demon) and he was rather born to be wild, and even though he lived in a city apartment, he never behaved as a kitty.  Cats are weird -- some species can be domesticated and some can't, and reed cats are in that latter category.  But this one was half domestic cat half wild, so at least he didn't try to eat the owners.  (The guests were always warned to not try to pet him.)  I remember him vividly, whenever I visited he was usually sitting in a leather chair pushed away from the desk in the room that served as a home office.  A very intimidating room lined with hundreds of books on brain physiology and pathology, with a very intimidating cat guarding it.  Outwardly he looked like his wild half, only fatter.  

Related image

You knew I'd bite on any change of subject, gods to dogs and dogs to cats and Sumer to Russia, as long as it winds up being about cats, didn't you?   

Edited by Taomeow

Well , I am 'dog person'  surrounded by two cats in this thread .

I have known you are cat for a loooooooooooooong time now . Its just that I went to behavioural dog school since then   :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpoE9BGmXAkgKEaNzr481

10 hours ago, ऋषि said:

sebû bāba ušēṣišima utterši agû rabâ ša qaqqadiša

utterši is really written separately -- utter ši, "utter this."   

Yes, this language retains a ton of archaic forms, second only to its closest relative.   

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 11:05 AM, Taomeow said:

"Abrahamic religions" is a recently invented term for what came thousands of years _later_ than the agricultural, city-building, and "savages" (hunter-gatherer) exterminating activities of Sumer and, after conquests, Akkad. All of it taking place within a polytheistic framework placing gods far above the earth. The arid conditions came next, agriculture came first. And there doesn't seem to be anything natural whatsoever about its advent. It was a power grab by the only method that could ensure it -- deforestation. Civilization=deforestation. "Abrahamic" people came thousands of years after the fact.

The Sumerian world was divided along a very straightforward line (with no other lines drawn, whether religious or ethnic): the "civilized" (city-dwelling and grain agriculture practicing) and the "savage" (forests and mountains-dwelling hunter gatherers) line of sharp division. The former, the "civilized," took it upon themselves to exterminate (mostly) and enslave the latter, and did it consistently and relentlessly for thousands of years, in countless raids undertaken toward the purpose. The future "Abrahamic" people were originally whoever survived without being fully incorporated into the "civilized" fold -- though they transformed into nomadic herdsmen by then rather than hunter-gatherers. The conflict between the sedentary grain agriculturalists and nomadic herdsmen was never actually resolved, but it took a different shape over time, along the religious and ethnic lines. This is nowhere near where it originated though. The main conflict of the civilized Earth is the conflict between "civilized" and "Earth."

The Christian colonialist fog is slowly clearing from our brainwashed metanarrative for me...  *Warning -  Sitchinism ahead...feel free to ignore!*

Essentially, there has been a lonnngg exoteric power struggle on Ea(Enki)-rth between 2 rival, half-brother lineages - archetypal "David"/Enki/Buddha underdog rebelling against a domineering "Goliath"/Anu/Yahweh/Enlil overlord lineage control freak (and all of his mass sheeple).

This perennial account emerges first in the mythology of Ancient Sumer in the form of the noble endeavor of Enki to enlighten his human protégé Adapa against the will of the despotic god of heaven Anu and then reappears later in the iconic myth of the «Theft of Fire» of the Greek classics and in the even more familiar myth of the «Loss of Paradise» of the biblical tradition. Its basic plot in all of its incarnations includes the following elements: a bestowal of sacred knowledge by a rebellious god, a subsequent awakening of the human race, the vengeance of another authoritarian god and the punishment of the human world for its enlightenment. The myth addresses various existential themes such as the place of Man in the cosmos and the origin of suffering and as such is open to numerous interpretations; however, there are two divergent lines of interpretation, namely, the «traditionalist» and the «liberator».

Anu chose (Sumerian) Abraham as his chief general because he was the most obedient suck-up out of all his distant relatives. 

Enlil chose Abraham, a Royal of Ur, who had married his half-sister, Princess Sarai (her name’s later changed to SARAH) as his principle Earthling agent. Abraham descended from Ziusudra’s son Shem, was perfect to re-establish Enlil’s rule of Canaan, protect Sinai and rule the Hamites.  Abraham’s father Terah served as High Priest in charge of Astronomical knowledge at the temple of Enlil’s son Nannar in Sumer’s capital, Ur.  Terah trained son Abraham for unquestioned obedience to Enlil.   Enlil ran the gold transshipment to Nibiru and led the ENLILITES, the dominant lineage on Earth.  Enlilites were the senior lineage in Nibiru’s Royal Clan descended from Nibiru’s King ANU.
Enlil commissioned Abraham to defeat the hybrid armies of Enlil’s rivals–the ENKIITE lineage (also within the Anu clan) on Earth.  The Enkiites were led by Enlil’s half-brother Enki, Enki’s son Marduk and their descendants.

The lasting legacy of his busted family soap opera is the eternal, fractal global strife between half-brother (Isaac lineage) Jews & (Is-Mael lineage) Muslims for land and legitimacy...  And the complete spiritual misdirection and brainwashing of all under their collective spell...to create a global dystopia.

In case you wonder where all the "civilized insanity" started...

The Anunnaki are Homo sapiens like us but who live hundreds of thousands of years. They said they rocketed to Iraq 450,000 years ago from a planet called Nibiru to harvest gold to send back (via Mars) to Nibiru to powder into an atmospheric shield. They mined abundant gold in Africa until, 300,000 years ago, their miners mutinied.

To replace the mutineers, Anunnaki geneticists created short-lived slaves, called Adamites, adapted from their own genome but modified with a bit of clay, copper and genes from an intelligent hominoid, Homo erectus (Bigfoot’s ancestor) already living in Africa. Two hundred thousand years ago, Enki, their Chief Scientist, begat a line of Earthlings called Adapites with two Adamite girls.

Fifty thousand years ago Enki and an Adamite beauty begat Noah, who carried Enki’s longevity genes and ruled the Iraqi city of Sharuppak. Enki saved Noah and many of his subjects from the Deluge of 13,000 years ago. The Anunnaki had Noah’s people and other flood survivors proliferate and build cities in the Middle East and Egypt with up to 50,000 inhabitants.

The Anunnaki ruled the new civilizations as gods with descendants of Noah’s sons as intermediaries. The Anunnaki gave us the best and the worst of planet-wide civilization–kings, historians, taxes, temples, priests, bicameral congresses, record-keeping, law codes, library catalogs, furnaces, kilns, wheeled vehicles, paved roads, medicines, cosmogony, cosmology, festivals, beer, food recipes, art, music, music instruments, music notes, dance, textiles, and multicolored apparel.

Sumerian schools taught mathematics, architecture, theology, writing, grammar, botany, zoology, geography. They displayed but did not pass on a world-wide energy grid, air, submarine and interplanetary transport vehicles and advanced uters.

They also gave us hierarchy, misogyny, violence, greed, slavery, debt and war that featured genocide and weapons of mass destruction.

And Abraham was their main middleman - amply rewarded with land, power, riches, and offspring.  Basically, he would give his wife or sacrifice his own son to the highest bidder and was ballin' like a Sumerian Trump. 

Now periodically, there were a few, lone rebels who challenged the crushing might and temptations of the global Anu control system...but they were very few and far between!

BUDDHA CHALLENGED ANUNNAKI DOMINATOR CONSCIOUSNESS

Around 560 BCE an Anunnaki Royal bore Guatama (Buddha, The Awakened One) as heir to the King of Kapilavastu (Nepal).

Guatama joined a group of meditators who sought ongoing spiritual experiences and quit sex and material pleasure. He studied the work of these “proto-Buddhists,” almost died of starvation, lived in Ganges Province as a married householder. In 535 BCE, “he entered transcendal being.”

Buddha rejected the push from Anunnaki-Hindu religious practices and did not preach “any type of god, need for a savior, prayer, religious rituals, eternal life after death, or the Indian caste system of segregating classes.” Buddha and the Buddhists accept all humans as equal.

“Buddhists believe one must go through several cycles of birth.”

When you release the attachment to what you want or wish to avoid to the appreciation of what you have, they say, you can escape further rebirths.

Gautama was the world’s first real rebel against Anunnaki religion.

Luciferians regard Lucifer as representing human progression, independence, and enlightenment. Lucifer is associated with the Greek Titan Prometheus and/or the Jewish Talmudic figure of Lilith.

Luciferians cherish the natural world and advocate for its protection, as well as the arts and sciences as these represent human progression. They focus on this physical life and how to make the most of it.

Of course, these contrarians are all branded as heathens by the Enlil lineage threatened by them...and ordered to be banned/destroyed.

But, let's connect some more dots here with comparative mythology.  Note the combination of these key elements in cross-cultural creation myths:

Similar to the Egypt version of Osiris, both have the elements of snake, tree, and underworld.

the-lovers.jpg

200px-Anonymous-Fuxi_and_N%C3%BCwa.jpg?iNow, notice the context of the cross-cultural handbags:

capture2.gif?w=369&h=230&zoom=2

img_3038.jpg

capture3.gif?w=359&h=583&zoom=2

55.156_PS2.jpg

What you have here are 2 descendants both from an exoteric (outer space) lineage hybridizing a new race using the Bible's forbidden "tree of life" representing human double helix DNA.  They are "controlled" by aliens (symbolized by wings) behind them holding handbags.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, Taomeow said:

Some Akkadian words still sound familiar to an English speaker.  E.g.,

elat — higher; beyond
elâtu — higher end; the sky
elûti — high; upper

Elate, elated, elevated...  elite...  Enlil (n was not pronounced in Sumerian or Akkadian)

YES, EL = ENLIL.  Ergo, elite, Is-ra-EL, etc...all later permutations with the same connotations of the Anu/Enlil/El root lineage!

Edited by gendao

1 hour ago, gendao said:

(...)

You are trying to accommodate your usual views by ignoring absolutely everything that causes them to hold no water.  In particular, several thousand years of rulers who

1) were not lineage predecessors of any Jews, Muslims or Christians,

2) shaped the world in a way we inherited long before any Jews, Muslims or Christians existed,

and last but not least you are

3) cherry-picking a syllable from the language you don't know -- El is ubiquitous at the end of many words there for the simple reason it is a suffix used to from nouns from verbs -- while not paying enough homage to this syllable's far more prominent role as a prefix or a separate  word in many other languages (you can come up with only so many vowel-consonant combinations when using a language, so all such combos have been well explored everywhere, and El is no exception) -- to wit,  El meaning "he," "male" in Spanish, "and" in Italian, the article "the" in Arabic, and "beer" in Old English.  By the way, my name is Elena.  Guess that makes me part of the Enlil lineage -- now where's my money?

But back to all those rulers you skipped over and ignored for lack of their willingness to fit in nicely with your interpretation...   Here are the most famous ones (I have to leave out hundreds of others because we're talking a massive chunk of time here, which is one reason I also have to leave out almost 2.5 thousand years of kings entirely before even starting with the fifth ruler of Uruk) -- in chronological order worth paying attention to:   

Sumerians 

• Gilgamesh (c. 2650 BC) - Gilgamesh was the fifth king of the Sumerian city of Uruk. He became known as a demigod with superhuman strength in later legends and tales such as the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Akkadian Empire 

• Sargon the Great (reigned 2334 - 2279 BC) - Sargon the Great, or Sargon of Akkad, founded the world's first empire, the Akkadian Empire. He conquered many of the Sumerian city-states and united them under one rule.

• Naram-Sin (reigned 2254 - 2218 BC) - The Akkadian Empire reached its peak under the kingship of Naram-Sin. He was the first Mesopotamian ruler to claim to be a god. He was also the grandson of Sargon.

Babylonian Empire

• Hammurabi (reigned 1792 - 1752 BC) - Hammurabi was the sixth king of Babylon and founded the first Babylonian Empire. He is most famous for establishing a written code of laws called the Hammurabi Code.

• Nabopolassar (c. 658 - 605 BC) - Nabopolassar allied with the Medes to overthrow the Assyrian Empire and conquer the city of Nineveh. He then established the second Babylonian Empire and ruled for twenty years.

• Nebuchadnezzar II (c 634 - 562 BC) - Nebuchadnezzar II expanded the Babylonian Empire conquering Judah and Jerusalem. He also built the famous Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Nebuchadnezzar sent the Jews into exile after conquering them.

Assyrian Empire

• Shamshi-Adad I (1813 -1791 BC) - Shamshi-Adad conquered many surrounding city-states in northern Mesopotamia.  He established the first Assyrian Empire.

• Tiglath-Pileser III (reigned 745 - 727 BC) - Tiglath-Pileser III introduced many advances to the Assyrian Empire including military and political systems. He established the world's first professional standing army and greatly expanded the Assyrian Empire.

• Sennacherib (reigned 705 - 681 BC) - Sennacherib conquered the city of Babylon. He also rebuilt much of the Assyrian city of Nineveh turning it into one of the great cities of ancient history.

• Ashurbanipal (reigned 668 - 627 BC) - Ashurbanipal was the last strong king of the Assyrian Empire. He built a massive library in the capital city of Nineveh that contained over 30,000 clay tablets. He ruled Assyria for 42 years, but the empire began to decline after he died.

Persian Empire

• Cyrus the Great (580 - 530 BC) - Cyrus rose to power and established the Persian Empire (also known as the Achaemenid Empire) when he overthrew the Medes and conquered Babylonia. He allowed the nations he conquered to keep and practice their own religion. He allowed the exiled Jews to return home to Jerusalem.

• Darius I (550 - 486 BC) - Darius I ruled the Persian Empire at its peak. He divided the land into provinces that were ruled by satraps. Darius invaded Greece in the First Persian War where his army was defeated by the Greeks at the Battle of Marathon.

• Xerxes I (519 - 465 BC) - Xerxes I was the fourth king of Persia. He returned to Greece in the Second Persian War. He defeated the Spartans at the famous Battle of Thermopylae and then took control of the city of Athens. However, his navy was defeated at the Battle of Salamis and he retreated back to Persia.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:05 AM, Apech said:

Some people have compared the 'handbags' to these carvings at Gobekli Tepe:

Gobekli-Tepe-hanbag.jpg

but others have suggested that these are symbols for sunrise/sunset.

No, those were the Promethean fire/fruits from the Tree of Knowledge...given to priests by Enki.

2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

You are trying to accommodate your usual views by ignoring absolutely everything that causes them to hold no water.  In particular, several thousand years of rulers who

1) were not lineage predecessors of any Jews, Muslims or Christians,

2) shaped the world in a way we inherited long before any Jews, Muslims or Christians existed,

Huh?  Abraham was the mythological progenitor of the Jews (through his son Isaac) and Muslims (through his son Ishmael).  But he himself was neither...but a royal-blooded Sumerian actually descended from Enki.  However, he had totally defected to Enlil's side 200%, probably out of fear after witnessing the fall of his homeland, Ur.

He wasn't the only progeny of Enki, either.  There were still many other descendants of Enki and Enlil before and after him.  Again, the main rival factions here are between Enlil and Enki.  "Jews" and "Muslims" were just 1 later categorization...more like newer branches on the Sumerian tree.

scan0083.gif

Enlil is the one behind elitist, hierarchical colonialism exploiting Mother Nature to the hilt...

If there is a philosophy of Enki, it manifests and explains itself in early Mesopotamian and Egyptian thought, where the true creator of the universe was manifest within nature, and that nature enveloped both the Anunnaki, and the humans.  Nature, as the Great Mother, was still supreme, despite any patriarchal scheme to the contrary.  Admittedly, Enki’s claim of his birthright, the one being based on a matrilineal succession -- essentially the mitochondria DNA link, which is wholly passed through the female line -- was in Enki’s best interests.

Although I wouldn't say this is that true either...given that Enki was the one tampering with Mother Nature by hybridizing humans to begin with!!!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gendao said:

...  *Warning -  Sitchinism ahead...feel free to ignore!*

I'm going with this bit  ^  .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

#Me too.

(I was hoping this thread would be free from weird racist racial theories).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

5 hours ago, Apech said:

#Me too.

(I was hoping this thread would be free from weird racist racial theories).

To be fair to Sitchin, none of what he himself wrote is racist or racial -- that's gendao's personal choice of most convenient hate targets.  

Sitchin's approach is strictly "special" in the sense he considers the Annunaki a different species -- an extraterrestrial one.  His proposed hypothesis -- of civilization as the outcome of an extraterrestrial intervention -- shouldn't IMO be sneered at just because it's not easily provable.  Any intervention that does take place may or may not be provable --- typically impossible to prove even in much simpler and considerably closer-in-time cases.  Latest exhibit -- all those hypothetical multiple interferences of certain countries into the political process of certain other countries.  Not easy to prove that a coup, a tampered election, an installation of a military junta, a civil movement leading to a "revolution," an overthrown order and installation of a different kind of order or of chaos, as the case may be -- that any of those frequently occurring actual, suspected, or (most often) not even suspected events took place as a result of an intervention from behind the scenes, from the subversive below or the all-powerful above, and especially from the height of power of a superpower if those interventions are hidden well enough.   

So, I wouldn't sneer at Sitchin -- a hypothesis is a hypothesis, one possible way to explain our inexplicable history that led to our present perched precariously on a catastrophic edge.  In any event, it is no more "crazy" (I'd say less so) than the ones in official circulation.  That we "naturally evolved" to be "civilized?"  That there's a perfectly natural process we call "progress" whose proof is offered by 1% of humanity to the remaining 99% in the form of more and more mechanized ways to do hard, senseless or mind-numbing work and leave less and less room for human-proper activities and lifestyles?  Which would involve the life of the human body in its natural environment and the life of the human mind in its natural pursuits.  Which of our current ones fits the bill?  A pursuit of the newest model of the iPhone?  Or sitting in traffic for two or three hours daily on the way to work, and upon arriving there sitting at a desk in a box moving our fingers and occasionally lips for eight to twelve hours?  The ironclad ass that can withstand it gets ahead to sit on everybody else's head, but nobody minds because a newer model of the iPhone is coming out and if they let the iron ass sit on their head without inconveniencing that ass by too much squirming and fidgeting, they have a chance to purchase it.  And that's progress.

Unfortunately, looking for who to blame the way gendao does it is a popular sport, another way to lose one's humanity -- by dehumanizing someone "else."  The criterion can be absolutely anything.  He likes the time-honored biases, tried and true.  One problem with those is, once you resort to them, your critical thinking is done for, you're a confirmation bias machine.  And machines are impossible to have discourse with.  They run programs.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

To be fair to Sitchin, none of what he himself wrote is racist or racial -- that's gendao's personal choice of most convenient hate targets.  

Sitchin's approach is strictly "special" in the sense he considers the Annunaki a different species -- an extraterrestrial one.  His proposed hypothesis -- of civilization as the outcome of an extraterrestrial intervention -- shouldn't IMO be sneered at just because it's not easily provable.  Any intervention that does take place may or may not be provable --- typically impossible to prove even in much simpler and considerably closer-in-time cases.  Latest exhibit -- all those hypothetical multiple interferences of certain countries into the political process of certain other countries.  Not easy to prove that a coup, a tampered election, an installation of a military junta, a civil movement leading to a "revolution," an overthrown order and installation of a different kind of order or of chaos, as the case may be -- that any of those frequently occurring actual, suspected, or (most often) not even suspected events took place as a result of an intervention from behind the scenes, from the subversive below or the all-powerful above, and especially from the height of power of a superpower if those interventions are hidden well enough.   

So, I wouldn't sneer at Sitchin -- a hypothesis is a hypothesis, one possible way to explain our inexplicable history that led to our present perched precariously on a catastrophic edge.  In any event, it is no more "crazy" (I'd say less so) than the ones in official circulation.  That we "naturally evolved" to be "civilized?"  That there's a perfectly natural process we call "progress" whose proof is offered by 1% of humanity to the remaining 99% in the form of more and more mechanized ways to do hard, senseless or mind-numbing work and leave less and less room for human-proper activities and lifestyles?  Which would involve the life of the human body in its natural environment and the life of the human mind in its natural pursuits.  Which of our current ones fits the bill?  A pursuit of the newest model of the iPhone?  Or sitting in traffic for two or three hours daily on the way to work, and upon arriving there sitting at a desk in a box moving our fingers and occasionally lips for eight to twelve hours?  The ironclad ass that can withstand it gets ahead to sit on everybody else's head, but nobody minds because a newer model of the iPhone is coming out and if they let the iron ass sit on their head without inconveniencing that ass by too much squirming and fidgeting, they have a chance to purchase it.  And that's progress.

Unfortunately, looking for who to blame the way gendao does it is a popular sport, another way to lose one's humanity -- by dehumanizing someone "else."  The criterion can be absolutely anything.  He likes the time-honored biases, tried and true.  One problem with those is, once you resort to them, your critical thinking is done for, you're a confirmation bias machine.  And machines are impossible to have discourse with.  They run programs.  

I meant gendao not Sitchin (although I haven't read him) and I wasn't sneering.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Apech said:

I meant gendao not Sitchin (although I haven't read him) and I wasn't sneering.

I know, I just combined two unrelated opinions in one post -- one about Sitchin (who is not guilty of gendao mentioning his name in vain) and the other about "el" et al.  I did read bits of gendao's words in between the usual wall of spam.  Shouldn't have bothered of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

l

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

..  A pursuit of the newest model of the iPhone?  Or sitting in traffic for two or three hours daily on the way to work, and upon arriving there sitting at a desk in a box moving our fingers and occasionally lips for eight to twelve hours?  The ironclad ass that can withstand it gets ahead to sit on everybody else's head, but nobody minds because a newer model of the iPhone is coming out and if they let the iron ass sit on their head without inconveniencing that ass by too much squirming and fidgeting, they have a chance to purchase it.  And that's progress.

Urrgggh !   I got depressed reading that bit ... and thankful that that is an alien world to me .

You have however fortified me ( I was flagging and nearly giving in )  ;

NO  everyone .... I am NOT going to buy an iphone !      I have been battling  this one for years .... no  no   no !

( Even that wonderful beautiful woman I have been conversing with    lately  :wub:    and sending photos of my place and area to  goes  " You really need to get a proper phone !    I nearly gave in !   Now, I have bought one of those wireless blue tooth speakers  . I wasnt going to, but I like music  It wont  as I cant connect it to my lappie  :(   *  . of course, the solution is " Connect it to you iphone stupid ! " )

Spoiler

everything seems to work up to the point where ... I press the bluetooth icon. The speaker ID comes up on the screen with an option to click on 'connect', I do and then another window comes up and says 'can not connect, connect device through the  audio menu . But my lappie doesnt have 'audio menu'  it has 'sound and video'  and that or any other  sound / audio related thing on it doesnt shpw any options for any sort of connectivity .   - I am running on Ubuntu .   I rang the guy that installed Ubuntu on it and he says 'ask the guy that sold you the speaker '   How I am pretty sure is going to say the problem lies in my  computer set up .

Damn !  See, even if I try to upgrade my tech, it doent work .  I am tech cursed !    ... a good and bad thing !

• Like 1