Sign in to follow this  
Ian

FutureMe

This may not immediately seem like it belongs here, but I think it has alll sorts of useful applications for practitioners. Basically, it's just a website which allows you to send an email to your future self, as far in advance as you like. I just got a message from myself of a year ago which kind of stopped me in my tracks.

So you can send a message to the future to check and see if you've remembered/achieved the goals you set however long previously. Or just use it as a diary to send general reminders.

Anyway, I like it. www.futureme.org

Can I send emails to other people?? Then I could pester people from the grave... way cool!!

Maybe it would be one of those things that's pretty cool at first, but then it would just hit the spam folder down the road.

:lol:

This may not immediately seem like it belongs here, but I think it has alll sorts of useful applications for practitioners. Basically, it's just a website which allows you to send an email to your future self, as far in advance as you like. I just got a message from myself of a year ago which kind of stopped me in my tracks.

So you can send a message to the future to check and see if you've remembered/achieved the goals you set however long previously. Or just use it as a diary to send general reminders.

Anyway, I like it. www.futureme.org

I suppose listing the problems you are facing right now, and sending it to the future of one year would make sure that you got a pretty good feedback on how we are often always working on the same probelms year after year.

What was the message you sent yourself that stopped you (if you can share it)?

Pietro

Hah?! I was wondering why I just got the message 'Beware the red truck on the Ides of March'. emailed from my futureme!!!

B)

Hah?! I was wondering why I just got the message 'Beware the red truck on the Ides of March'. emailed from my futureme!!!

And I got an email from me in 2012: "Dude, do not talk to the chick on the train!!!"

What on earth did that mean?? I emailed futureme "wtf???" but haven't heard back. I worry about that guy sometimes.

I think it is a very interesting concept. Just think of what you can ask yourself--such as if you did accomplish your goals, what you are doing for a job, who you are with, etc.

I too would like to know what your email said that stopped you....if you will share.

Well I just got another email from myself of a year ago. Polite fellow.

This time, to my relief, I have actually more or less, by now, dealt with the issues younger me was concerned about. Relationship stuff, mainly.

I continue to think it's a wonderful service. I'm gonna start writing to myself every six months, in keeping with the fast pace of modern life. :)

I used to use the concept of "Future self" when I was feeling really lazy. For example, if I didn't feel like doing housework I fast forwarded to my future self who was ticked off that 'past self' didn't do the work earlier. Or, in a more positive sense, I would think 'future self will really like if I exercise today'.

Looks like tech has caught up with some of my crack-pot ways of dealing with life lol. I'll email future self and see what his take on it is :)

Sign in to follow this