Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Echoing the man who planted Trees

A couple countries, China, India have gone into intense tree planting.  So much so that its visible by satellite. 

One of my favorite stories is The Man who Planted Trees, about a man who disillusioned by war, went off, and every day planted 100 trees for his entire long life.  Leaving a legacy of a forest that grew out of near waste land.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc

In Holland there's the man who planted Tulips, on a large hill, he covered it in Tulips.  So quietly that people assumed it was some natural phenomena.

I wonder what we could plant, guerilla style, that would enhance our neighborhoods.  Maybe wild flowers or sunflowers.  Sunflowers are certainly bold, beloved by birds.  I'm not sure how well they come back by themselves though.  Still I wonder if I could buy a pack or 2 or 3.  Find a spot in a forest preserve.  Plant, grab water from a stream, water each day.  Plant more.  See if I could start my own flower forest? 

Kind of late in the year.. still.. it'd be something interesting to do. 

and in my old age I could be itinerant.  crisscrossing the country, planting sun flowers where I ever go.  damn fool. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 7

If you make a bare spot green and attractive by planting trees, people will come and enjoy it.  If there's people around to come and enjoy it, a corporation will want to buy it.  Then they will remove all the trees, pave the spot and build a mixed-use development.  I'm not talking hypothetically, this is exactly what happened next door.  There was an empty, partially green space only a quarter of a mile away from an already existing large mixed-use development.  I passed by that area often and always thought that it could be planted with trees and turned into a park.  Then, for a while, every time I would go shopping to that already-existing development, some activists from this or that community group would be waiting there, asking people to sign a petition protesting the plans to build another development in that empty spot.  I signed them to humor those folks but didn't believe for a second that mere constituents may ever impose their will on a corporation.  I was right.  The development just opened in March.  96,000 square feet of retail and restaurants, 280,000 square feet of office space and 608 luxury apartments.  Who needs trees, after all.  Trees are almost idle, all they do is remove CO2 from the atmosphere with efficiency and expertise of a mere several hundred million years.  Can't beat new technologies -- to say nothing of profitability thereof for their owners.  

Oh, and if you plant sunflowers, in some states you will be in violation of the zoning laws that prohibit growing edible plants if your operation can be classified by someone as a "farm," no matter how small, and many other laws, e.g. rights to water and minerals in a particular location, esthetic requirements -- to bureaucrats sunflowers may well look esthetically unacceptable, just like dandelions do...  and quite a few other things that may be deemed illegal if you just up and plant something without obtaining permissions.  Check the laws in your state pertaining to sunflowers before planting or you can get in trouble.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Walker said:

I eat dandelions :unsure:

Good idea.  I occasionally juiced the leaves with other greens -- but I bought them at a health food store, and not cheaply.  Nowhere to pick wild ones, they get exterminated with extreme prejudice.    

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Oh, and if you plant sunflowers, in some states you will be in violation of the zoning laws that prohibit growing edible plants if your operation can be classified by someone as a "farm," no matter how small, and many other laws, e.g. rights to water and minerals in a particular location, esthetic requirements -- to bureaucrats sunflowers may well look esthetically unacceptable, just like dandelions do...  and quite a few other things that may be deemed illegal if you just up and plant something without obtaining permissions.  Check the laws in your state pertaining to sunflowers before planting or you can get in trouble.    

First they have to catch me.  :ph34r:

I'm more concerned about predators, ie rabbits, raccoons, reindeer, all the nasty animals that begin with the letter R.  I worry that they'd chow down on the plants while still seedlings or a  third the way to maturity. 

Worst case scenario, I'm locked up in a Chicago prison and have to prove my street creds by saying why I'm there.  'Planting flowers", I'll tell'em, then spread my hands wide "Really big ones."

• Haha 3

Why plant for people?  Everything is permeated with specieism as it is.  Plant for rabbits, raccoons, reindeer and all the other "nasty" animals that begin with the letter R.  Reptiles.  Rhinos.  Raptors.  Plant what they like to eat.  What do raptors like to eat?  Oops...  they like to eat other nasty animals that begin with the letter R.  Rabbits, raccoons, rats... 

I think I found the solution.  Plant for rabbits, rabbits will attract raptors, raptors will keep rabbits in check, then you can plant for people once the ecological balance is in full swing.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Walker said:

I eat dandelions :unsure:

I drink them .

Roasted dandelion root, some cardamom pod and a piece of cinnamon bark in the espresso machine .  Yaaa - ummm !

Dandichino

cefcae54.jpg

Its also a diuretic and liver healer .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Why plant for people?  Everything is permeated with specieism as it is.  Plant for rabbits, raccoons, reindeer and all the other "nasty" animals that begin with the letter R.  Reptiles.  Rhinos.  Raptors.  Plant what they like to eat.  What do raptors like to eat?  Oops...  they like to eat other nasty animals that begin with the letter R.  Rabbits, raccoons, rats... 

Nice .   I maintain my patch of Belgian Congo Parrot Plants, as they offer nectar to the various types of honey eaters when other flowers aren't happening .  Also my aloe plants are about to flower, the native honey eaters love them, and nothing much less is happening at the moment .

The reptiles  ( especially 'Stumpy' the 3 legged goanna ) get the carno bits and bones ,  I water patches of grass in drought times for the padymelons  *  , put out sprouted grain and left over rice  for magpies and ravens.    We got heaps of fruit trees, more than the people can eat, and I just plant extra of something all the time, so the critters dont eat all of it.   I have noticed heaps more raptors around lately , they probably came in from the west as its very dry there at the moment .  Saw a HUGE  wedgie ** sitting on a fence post the other day, about 5 metres away, didnt even fly off ! 

I live here, in this environment , and live off it .  Then I will die and pass into earth when all the other critters start living off me .

Thats a nice cycle  .    :) 

* padymelon

pademelons.jpg

**  Wedgie

20190515041055-_website400HMD2167_square

I think I found the solution.  Plant for rabbits, rabbits will attract raptors, raptors will keep rabbits in check, then you can plant for people once the ecological balance is in full swing.  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

That's the best, Nungali, to live in nature and do things for/with it rather than against it.  It was wise of you to choose this lifestyle.  Padymelons look very cute, and the wegie looks very bossy.

Presently, I only feed one cat.  And donate to the Snow Leopard Conservation Foundation.  

• Like 3

Wedgie  IS  bossy !

He is 'Boss law man' -  Bungil !   Old 'red eye'  (Mars ) . He is up there  watching you .

2934902-3x2-940x627.jpg

So .... dont break the Law !

https://austhrutime.com/bunjil.htm

Apparently, he can stop the oceans rising !  IF you obey his laws *  !

We must have fucked up on that .

Spoiler

" In an interesting reversal of thinking, we are living in times where some
core values of Western society are being questioned. Some of the world’s
best thinkers now argue that aspects of Western culture seriously threaten
global ecologies. And we are witnessing global efforts to rethink some of
these Western value systems – these very same values that have been
imposed on our people to the detriment of our cultures and our systems
of knowledge. This is most striking where governments are working to
develop responses to climate change. Some of the responses to this will
be dependent on Indigenous traditional knowledge.
Indigenous peoples have the ability to interpret and react to the impacts
of climate change in creative ways, drawing on our traditional knowledge’s
and other technologies to develop solutions which may also help the
wider society in its attempts to cope with the changing climate...."

• Like 2

Yeah, so important to act on love. And learn to feel it first and mostly. By also learning to feel when you don't feel it. Because you need to know how you feel to allow yourself to feel better. And you need to feel better, for otherwise, you cannot ever feel love. And if you cannot ever feel love, you cannot be of benefit to yourself, and if you cannot even be of benefit to yourself, you especially cannot be of benefit to any other. So often people say, don't be selfish, but you need to be selfish, to understand that anything any human has ever wanted, was because they thought that they would feel better in the having, being or doing of it. Then through unconditional love, you allow everything to effortlessly and joyously come back into full harmony and full realisation. You do nothing, because the deed is non-physical, energetical alignment which is ALLOWED (WEI WU WEI) and so you leave nothing undone. Inspired action. The reason it seems to echo, is because it is a thought or idea that is in agreement with the perspective or opinion that the Source of All Creation, the source within you, has about that same subject of your contemplation, and that is why this idea or thought FEELS like love to you when you contemplate it. The physical and non-physical co blend and co harmonize along the path of least resistance. And this love then empowers you to achieve its full realisation automatically and efforrlessly and enjoyably, because it simply feels too good to not allow it, and if you don't well,... . So in essence, you can say, you didn't do it. You allowed it to be its evermore becoming through you. It is simply the natural laws of this universe. To trust it, and allow it to work as it always was intended to do so. Effortlessly, naturally. 

So eventually, you can trace back the Source of All Creation, like breadcrumbs of love. And you keep coming back to the same realisation. You already contain this love within you. It exists for the purpose to flow more fully through you. You cannot even recognize it unless you already contain it. So you never need look further, than simply within yourself, to allow the answers you've always been seeking to come through you and become as you, as your self allowed full blown realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore, always more fully here and now, in good feeling co blended harmonization of physical and nonphysical aligned being and becoming and allowed awareness.

You got acces to infinite intelligence and eternal wisdom. Simply through unconditional love. To feel love, regardless of any and all conditions. Because those conditions do not create the feelings within you, they do not even create themselves. You create the feelings within you, through perspective that is aligned/misaligned with the knowing that the Source within you has come to know about that same subject. Then you realise, this perspective is unconditional, your love aswell. And voila. You are now a deliberate cocreator of conditions. The conditions of your physical body and the environment you are in. You allow thus its the ever being and becoming, ever more. And the spark is love and the engine is love and the fuel is love and the everything is love. Why? Because it is an energy in motion, that if you find alignment with it, you translate that feeling of energy motional alignment and resonance as love or joy or bliss as a good feeling resonating emotion of alignment. It simply feels very good to be in harmony and alignment with all that you truely are as a greater non-physical consciousness. And the reason it feels very good, is because it is compatible with your true full nature of ALL that you truely are. As a whole total being, in full harmony, co blended harmony and alignment of a total being of physical and non-physical, hand in hand. A fully realised being. And you don't need to do anything to achieve this. Infact, you need to stop doing the things which don't allow you to automatically and naturally achieve this, effortlessly. And those things are non-physical actions of thoughts you keep thinking, which are resistant and self contradictory in energy motional nature, and thus cause a lessening of your own natural full blown realisation in the here and now moment, and these resistant thoughts feel less than very good all the way to negative emotion, energy in motion. Lacking Of true Source inspired idea after another. In contradiction with its own natural designed inclination towards the everMORE allowance of ever expanding Never ending stream of infinitely intelligent and eternally wise thought that you always got acces to in the here and now, evermore being and becoming. But you need to stop thinking those thoughts which don't allow you to allow your own realisation of these thought streams of infinite intelligence and eternal wisdom.

And to stop thinking those, the easiest way is you simply meditate, by focusing on anything, that doesn't induce thought, like a random sound, or meaningless mantra, so when you focus on that, you experience only that, and so there is no thought. Now you are no longer offering thought, you are now capable of receiving thought from the Source within you. Fully realised thought, in harmony with the total all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. Inspired thought, in spirit thought, the thought in harmony with the greater ever expanding knowing of your own soul. And when you receive those kind of inspired thought, they will feel absolutely wonderful delightful emotionally, energy motionally. They will inspire you to act on them, like you will feel so good, you will naturally effortlessly act on them, naturally along the path of least resistance, towards your very own evermore self allowed full blown realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore, always more fully here and now, ever MORE, delightfully. And allow their evermore being and becoming along the path of least resistance, that is simply effortless, joyous, and in compliance with your true nature of evermore being and becoming here and now. 

You could also just allow any thought to come back to full realisation, if you learn how to allow yourself to receive this thought from the source within you. But rather than going backwards, it's simply always more effective to go forwards in love and simply allow that to take care of everything else by trusting your emotions fully, to always accurately indicate the alignment/misalignment of your perspective with that of the source within you. More easy aswell. That's also why it feels so much better than trying to improve something. You rather just allow the new creation, evermore. Because you will never ever get it done, and you can't get it wrong. 

There really is nothing serious going on here or anywhere ever. Everything exists simply for the purpose of joy. And when you realise that, you allow it, and you co-create with all of it so more effortlessly and enjoyably and naturally. Call it going with the flow. Flow of what? Flow of who you really are, as all that you've truely become, and are being and ever becoming evermore. Your soul, here and now. Flowing fully through you. That feels like true freedom from the bondage of resistance. That feels very good, because the positive emotion is indicating your achievement of a state of allowing. And if you feel something uncomfortable, energy motional, emotional, unconditionally, you simply allow that to come back to full realisation, by releasing resistance, as letting go of all thoughts, in meditation, allows you to let go of resistant thought aswell, and voila, that's it. Done. and it naturally comes back to full harmony. And you feel very good again. And you always deserve this, easy approach. Because it's not difficult to allow yourself to be a fully realised being, but if difficulty is your entire life, then it may take some getting used to feeling very good, for no reason whstsoever, and for any and all reasons, of your very own evermore allowed greater realisation of your very own evermore greater allowed being and becoming evermore. So it requires some initial focus to meditate and release all thought. And that focus is like a few minutes worth of effort, to undo a lifetimes worth of futile effort, that does everything and accomplishes nothing. Rather, you do nothing, and you leave nothing undone. Your actions will be inspired, and in alignment with the Source of All Creation, the energy which creates worlds! That you have acces to. 

Or you can simply focus on feeling better, to come back into alignment. And that will also point you in the right direction, often people will allow more of there true nature by focusing on feeling better, unconditionally, for the mere purpose of feeling better, emotionally. Often they will simply realise or re member that when they meditated their days always felt really good, went very well. And that it's easy to meditate and then naturally feel very good, rather than trying to think your way into feeling better. Remember, trying is thinking you are doing something which is not what you are actually doing. Why? Because trying to think your way into feeling better, is like trying to solve a problem from the perspective which created it. The energy of a problem or question is very different from the energy of its answer or solution. It's like using focus to to let go of all thought long enough, so that your energy naturally automatically effortlessly rises back to its natural high frequency of tremendous integration, realisation, clarity, knowingness, freedom, love, joy, appreciation, feeling very good, for a few minutes atleast, that this vessel it will automatically be filled by thoughts from the Source within you. It is simply normal and natural. And unavoidable. Almost like tapping into to well of unconditional enlightening bliss within you. A non-physical source of all creation, that you always contain within you, infact, you are made out of it, you are an extension of it. It simply feels good, because it is your own true evermore being and becoming, so this good feeling is simply indicating its compatibility with your own true nature of being and becoming, your allowed being and becoming in full blown realisation evermore. That you can always simply choose to ALLOW more here and now, by choosing to practice the allowing through a technique like meditation.

That love is always flowing to and through you, to the degree that you allow it, unconditionally. Meditating is like unconditionally allowing it. Utilizing your focus, to allow it, regardless of the conditions, you let go of all thoughts you have about it, to allow the thoughts that the source within you has about it, effortlessly naturally, that feels good. And remember the accuracy of your emotions, indiating your state of allowance/resistance. As you are an extension of your own greater non-physical consciousness. Ofcourse you got acces to all that you truely are and now, if you simply allow it, and know how it feels as opposed to not allowing it as fully as you could. Always more fully here and now. Then when you don't feel good, you can do something about releasing resistant energy, by releasing the thought which holds you there, by simply releasing all thought, through meditation. But to allow this true realisation to happen, you simply need to allow it, because it is always attempting to happen, even if you are focused on all those things which don't allow you to simply feel good unconditionally, meaning regardless of any and all conditions. Because your deservingness to allow all that you truely are is unconditional. As you are loved unconditionally by the Source of All Creation, always here and now. So you meditate only to let go of all thought which don't allow your full blown realisation of all of that, and that feels very good, and you let go of all thoughts only to allow your true good feeling thoughts to naturally more easily and effortlessly to be realised by you. To realise why you are actually here! Thoughts of true realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore! That always feels like joy. And those thoughts you simply allow, because they are flowing towards you ALWAYS RELENTLESSLY, if you find a way to let them in. If you learn how to let them in and know you can at all. By a mere focused meditation to release thought. You open the door, so to speak, by meditating. You sort of play a game, because meditation is not serious. From your soul perspective its like a game. Where you close your eyes, like a baby game. Hand in front of your eyes. And then when you open your eyes, remove your hands, source will be there, you expect source realisation to simply be there, why? Experience. Because it has always been there. But you are learning to realise it by learning how to allow the realisation. As it is a very subtle thing at first. The more you realise it, the less subtle it becomes, and you csn recognize it more and more easily, ongoingly, so you expect, everytime you let go of all thought, source consciousness is simply flowing more fully through you. By focusing on something which allows you to let go of all thought. That's like, in physical analogy, like the idea of closing your eyes. And then when you open your eyes, peekaboo! You suddenly feel very good. And you allow this good feeling, by enjoying it, because it truely is normal and natural to you to feel so good. But you don't know why you feel good at first, because you need to focus on this feeling to allow the realisation of it to expand into fuller allowed blown realisation, thought forms and eventually full blown physical realisation, so you trust the process, and the good feeling emotion indicating you are allowing the path of least resistance.

So you want to maintain this good feeling, you don't wanna lose it, so you meditate. And if you feel like its too much, again, you can meditate. You can never feel too good, because feeling good is all about harmony and balance, but still, you close you eyes and focus. And eventually, you feel so consistently good, that you have acces to a whole different perspective, you view the world through the eyes of the Source of All Creation, the knowing simply is allowed to flow through you and as you, as you become your evermore being and becoming, evermore fully. Focusing on a random sound for example, to let go of thought. For the purpose of feeling better, cause that is the only way you can allow your true thoughts to flow through you. You cannot receive enlightening realisation, and not feel good at the same time. That is simply thinking human created thought, which do not always harmonize with the evermore being and becoming of the full blown evermore greater allowed realisation that the Source within you and of All Creation always holds FOR YOU! NEVER ENDINGLY, RELENTLESSLY, ALWAYS MORE FULLY HERE AND NOW, AS YOUR EVERMORE BEING AND BECOMING EVERMORE. Of all that you can truely ever want to be do or have. You close your eyes is like akin to letting go of all those thoughts which dont belong to you, which don't allow your full blown realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. You will feel enlightened, because when you let go of all thoughts, you let go of all thoughts which don't belong to you, and you allow all thoughts which are of your own true nature, which flow naturally to and through you! That feels very light, very good! It makes you feel very good, enlightened, because its compatible with your true nature of being, evermore here and now. So you open your eyes to the true here and now. This is the path of least resistance, through which the Source of All Creation, Creates, doing nothing, leaving nothing undone. It infact opens its eyes evermore. The evermore awakening, never slumbering. The greatest power in all of existance! Why? Because it simply feels very good and better evermore! And then you simply know why everything exists. 

You don't breath in and have allot of oxigen, and then breath out, and have suddenly very little oxigen... No! Then we would simply wake up and faint, several times every minute. You breath in and have more oxigen. Breath out, the oxigen flows still more through you, still have more oxigen, breath in, have more oxigen, breath out have more oxigen. And this flow of more oxigen, is endless. Being and becoming. It keeps flowing. It keeps being and becoming, more. You keep getting more oxigen. You keep getting new oxigen. You get a new oxigen, unlike any that has ever been before! Every single here and now moment, is a new moment, unlike any that has ever been before! AN ENTIRE NEW UNIVERSE! 5 BILLION TIMES PER SECOND! You are always becoming new. And if you stop breathing, your face becomes blue. It is difficult. Because it is not natural to you. In the same way, when you think thoughts and hold perspectives, which are not compatible with your true nature, you simply don't feel very good. So why would you ever do that? Never right? So you simply meditate and let go of all thoughts, and your energy naturally becomes perfect again. And you naturally realise inspired good feeling thoughts, just like when your face returns color when you allow yourself to breath again, you naturally feel better emotionally when you allow your source realised thoughts to flow through you, through a technique like meditation, of which the emotional relief you feel is also indicating your releasing thoughts which are self contradictory in nature. This allowing your inspired thought is easy and effortless and feels good and feels better, just like allowing yourself to breath would. Because your soul is like the breath of the Source of All Creation. It is flowing to you at all times, its the never ending stream of source energy of all the universe. And the more you allow it to flow through you, the better you feel. But it always flows through you! You can never be seperated from all that you truely are. Because it is who you truely are being and becoming evermore. In the same way, the oxigen is part of you. Your soul, you are an extension of it. That is why you let go of thought, so you can allow the thoughts of your soul to be more fully realised by you, so you can feel better and understand anything and everything more fully, clearly, and realise anything and everything. Evermore freely. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

tree people, watch out for this fellow

(the bagworm moth caterpillar)

^_^

No photo description available.

• Like 2

Ah, come on man, YOU stuck them sticks there , didnt ya  ?

Is the Bagworm  related to    the

Spoiler

rajneesh2.jpg

Nah, he doesnt look shit faced enough ... needs some more drugs !

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

..... now we are gettin' somewhere !

• Haha 1

I wonder what we could plant, guerilla style, that would enhance our neighborhoods.  Maybe wild flowers or sunflowers.  Sunflowers are certainly bold, beloved by birds.  I'm not sure how well they come back by themselves though.  Still I wonder if I could buy a pack or 2 or 3.  Find a spot in a forest preserve.  Plant, grab water from a stream, water each day.  Plant more.  See if I could start my own flower forest? 

Echinacea and Coreopsis are both self seeding, and the butterflies back home seemed to love them. 

Zinnia are also self seeding, although annuals. 

A few hours north of you I had great luck with all of the above, and zinnia can be bought by the pound, or at least it could be a few years back. 

You can play Johnny appleseed with flowers, and see what happens. 

Edit to add: Blackoil Sunflower seed sold as bird food will grow, and sometimes squirrels will "plant" it, or birds will "advantageously" drop it.

Edited by ilumairen
  • Thanks 1

On 10.8.2019 at 6:12 AM, Nungali said:

Roasted dandelion root, some cardamom pod and a piece of cinnamon bark in the espresso machine .  Yaaa - ummm !

Dandichino

cefcae54.jpg

Its also a diuretic

Looks good! :) How do you roast the dandelion roots? And/or which brands of dandelion root tea do you recommend? (Never seen that anywhere here...) 

Buy it roasted , the best one is in a small clear bag with a twist tie and a small hand typed label, so probably local. But its very strong, I like that, most seem to prefer the other milder variety

The darker the stronger , I dont like the  mid brown ones, but the near black.

I see online there are some vids about growing and roasting your own.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this