Sign in to follow this  
drifting.leaf

Repeating the mantra during nadi purification

Hello seekers,

I've just started reading the book Gheranda Samhita. The book recommends to first purify the nadis before starting any pranayama, whats got me confused is the mantras (RAM, THAM, LAM, VAM) and their duration. What does 16 times, 32 times and 64 times mean? What is the specific duration in seconds?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by drifting.leaf
Missing information
  • Like 1

There's a Hindu section where you ought to be able to access valuable advise from a handful of dedicated and genuinely knowledgeable practitioners. Try to share your query in that space - I think you'd likely to have more success there. 

All the best. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip, this was my first time posting. Should I delete this from the ‘General Discussions’ and repost it in the ‘Hindu section’ or should I add it as a new post there? I don't want it to appear as spam.

For now I'll add it as a new post there.

Thanks again.

Edit - I just tried deleting this post and I can't find the delete button. I'll leave it here for now. Sorry.

Edited by drifting.leaf
Confusion
  • Like 1

I believe you'd need to request admin's help to delete posts here. 

Due to recent reshuffling of the mod team, I'm not even sure if there's anyone available at this time to assist with this. 

I suppose you could just leave it here for now. Hopefully someone will show up to do the necessary. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this