Mskied

There is no Evil intention on the part of God and the Universe

I was initiated by the Tree of knowledge, and spent many years studying Chaos and Good/Evil, and Ive come to recognize that there is no Chaos, there is only that which we do not understand the cause and the result.  There is also no Evil from the Universe, only powerful forces that move humanity into actions that can be misunderstood to cause the ills.  There is the obvious shortcomings of our condition, which we are working on through science, but the Universe itself means us no harm.  There is no Evil.  Certain natural and necessary forces occur in our bodies that promote ignorance, and it is that ignorance that causes us to do things which create the burdens of life and suffering.  The goal of us as a species is to alleviate the suffering of living things.  We will live and grow and feel pain and die, and animals will eat one another (though humans do not need to do this) and so these are the natural states of animals that cannot be prevented.  For humanity, we have the power to end suffering (but due to our economic methods, do not).

Not a bad philosophy and while it'd be nice if it were correct, I'm in the  'Don't blame God for the actions of Man' camp.  Where the Universe is impartial and man's actions run the spectrum from saintly to pretty damn awful. 

I think much of the worlds problems are based on greed and ignorance, not so much evil.  Much of what seems evil is delusion or selfishness.  On the hand every now and then some people are simply evil, enjoying pain and misery of others.  Very hard times can push good and so so people over the edge into evil. 

My view is somewhat different.  There is no difference at all between God and Man, it's one and the same.  Kind of like the Wizard being behind the curtain in Oz - it was just Man.    A pretty profound basis for a book or movie.   I think that we're all The Intelligence that Makes Form, and as such, are not really individuals at all.  We are as waves on the ocean, thinking we're separate.  We're all one ocean.   It all just Is.  There is no good or evil, as was said before.  But for the reason that the most enlightened form of thought would not call anything good or evil.  No labeling at all.

I think that would be the mindset of an enlightened one; a person, like the Buddhist monk in the story, where he always expresses 'Maybe' when someone remarks that a situation is good or bad.  That is consistently the common denominator of those that have transcended all structure.  The Is-ness and the acceptance.

• Like 1

It has also been said to be compassionate to kill a terrorist rather than allow the terrorist - murderer - rampager to kill and murder and create hate and madness. It is compassionate in several senses - if the killer of the terrorist is not mad or in hate but simple aware of the graveness of the situation and the easily seen consequences of such a life of the terrorist continued. 

It is possible to point out a great force of madness and not become identified with the pointing to the madness - one can see smoke in a clear sky and point it out - and note that a great fire may be in the making - it does not mean the one pointing it out is mad at the smoke or against the smoke - but it does not mean one can or should do nothing - particularly if a whole town is immediately downwind of it.

Many a great and peaceful happy sage has no problem identification with "death" as relates to crazy people and murderers if the situation is grave and warrants it - yet killing a mosquito or ant may be of considerable concern.

It is entirely possible to undress any false front and call it for what it is in clear language that does not couch the facts - and at the same time be entirely at rest inside.  

• Like 1

I actually agree with most of what is being said:  the Universe and its ways just are, and we interpret them as we feel we favor or disprove.  Human beings certainly are responsible for the Evils. I am one that understands there are spirits beyond our eyes that can interact, and I believe they want Good like we do, and that Evil is not something they favor, and so when Evil is being done, there might be opposition to it (hence some of their actions would be called Evil, out of ignorance).  

I'll take it one more step into the radical.  We truly are ceremonial straw dogs.  I don't think it matters to The Intelligence Within whether we are in body or not.  Death is not a tragedy.  I don't think the tragedy is when we die at all.  That part doesn't matter.  The intent to kill another is a tragedy.  the concept of anything being a tragedy is entirely relative.  And I will usually say 'sorry, buddy' when I kill a mosquito.  Not that it matters to that little guy.  The death of a family member or spouse is certainly a tragedy to those left behind.  But it's relative.  As is every single thing in the universe.