Sign in to follow this  
Zork

Mass shootings

The GOPAC tapes:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/andrewkaczynski/the-gopac-tapes

These were talking point tapes distributed most prominently by Newt Gingrich - it was really the beginning of the nazi propaganda type speaking of the Republican Party here in the USA.

It was in large part due to these that the constant repetition of false and misleading news became the norm.

It was not much longer that Fox News and its similar format became popular and all sorts of guys like Rush Limbaugh became hits. 

Rage was taught and spread based primarily upon constant repetition of an agenda based on an agenda and not on facts.

This all began in earnest as Ronald Reagan ushered in the Christian Fundamentalists as a ploy to gain voters when at the time the Republican Party had pretty much completely lost the Black vote and was looking to pick up another group - they decided on the Inquisition types and got more than they bargained for. 

The Republican Party now placates to the Christian Whacko's here at every turn. And as always - they are violent and as godless as ever - nothing is beneath them and everything is disposable including their ethics, teachings, humanity and the United States Constitution. They want war - they want the Apocalypse - they want their teaching in our schools and they want a theocracy.

They are looking for a cleansing - and they are armed to the absolute hilt.

And they pack the gun clubs to the rafters - Prepers fill the Red States and the Rural areas in particular - paranoia is actively taught and action is actively propogated - action for God.  Preachers talk action against the Devil and Evil on a very very regular basis - Evil and the Devil being Democrats, Atheists, LGBT, Muslims, Muslims, Muslims, Jews and all unsupportive media - and all other belief/faith systems.

Edited by Spotless

@gendao If there is something you'd like to share which really has little to nothing to do with words I've shared, do you think you could refrain from quoting me, and simply post whatever it is you've an urge to post?

• Like 1

According to an article by Grant Duwe, author of the book "Mass Murder in the United States: A History"..... 

Over the past decade, mass public shootings haven’t become particularly more prevalent, they’ve simply become deadlier.

Recent growth in the number of catastrophic mass public shootings—combined with the extensive, wall-to-wall news coverage that accompanies these tragedies—likely accounts for the commonly held misconception that mass shootings are now more frequent.

The rise in the average number of victims also raises a number of other questions about mass public shootings. Foremost among them: Why have they become more deadly since the mid-2000s? It may be tempting to conclude this increase is because of the expiration of the assault weapons ban in 2004—after all, the increase began shortly after the ban ended. 

Still, the question of whether the assault weapons ban had an impact on the severity of mass public shootings has yet to be answered empirically, which highlights a surprising major problem for those of us who’d like to stop the killings: There’s been relatively little rigorous research on mass violence, likely due to the virtual absence of research funding on this topic. In comparison, millions are spent each year to fund research on tornadoes, which have been about as deadly as mass shootings since the mid-1970s. 

The few studies we do have tell us that mass public shootings, while horrific, are, fortunately, quite rare. This apparent paradox—rare yet “routine”—likely reflects the outsized impact that catastrophic mass murders have on our perceptions of public safety. But until we make the investment to find solutions, we won’t really know why these tragedies happen or how to prevent them.

• Like 1

Mass Shootings: Definition & Trends.

A March 2018 research report initiated by RAND Corp. who claims non-partisanship. 

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-policy/analysis/essays/mass-shootings.html?fbclid=IwAR0AwGj7OIh4mF02DSMHgm6qH4wGZW06P3te96tlMsux3GJlCjnqh_TMuWk

This report https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/03/02/what-does-research-nra-doesnt-want-funded-show-gun-restrictions-save-lives says the NRA often scuppered RAND's research efforts and funding drives. 

EDIT: Hid shooter manifesto behind spoiler. — Sean

Funny thing is that most of these spree shooters publish manifestos that clearly elucidate their worldviews and motives...yet the MSM works hard to totally ignore all these and deep 6 them down the memory hole ASAP.  And then instead gloss over and generalize about mental illness, gun control, video games, etc...while avoiding everything they actually wrote about.

Look, here is Patrick Crusius's alleged screed from 8chan:

Spoiler

mS1vjxZ.png

tbYmOiz.png

KAvPvBs.png

fKwwHca.png

Like I've said before, neither the Left nor the Right has the (IQ) answer to this colonialist worldview...which is why they both quickly sweep it under the rug.  The only answer is zooming out even further to realize how colonialism has been the biggest problem on the planet for the last ~600 years...and how that is all really an Annunaki/Reptilian scheme to get humans to terraform the planet into a warmer, technological Matrix more inhabitable for them.

• Like 1

The guy felt empowered by trump's sanctimonious use of the term "invasion" - how about looking at that for simple understanding to begin with? Enough said. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gendao said:

Funny thing is that most of these spree shooters publish manifestos that clearly elucidate their worldviews and motives...yet the MSM works hard to totally ignore all these and deep 6 them down the memory hole ASAP.  And then instead gloss over and generalize about mental illness, gun control, video games, etc...while avoiding everything they actually wrote about.

1. The trend towards blacking out of dipshits who go on mass murder rampages is a conscious attempt to stop giving them fame and thereby reduce copycats.

2. There is a huge amount of reporting on the dilemmas of immigration, automation, and demographic change in mainstream sources. If you do not realize this, then my best guesses are that either you do not read enough to have seen it, or you reject it because the Atlantic does not generally mention the Annunaki. 

Look, here is Patrick Crusius's alleged screed from 8chan:

3. Yeah, that was terrible. Thank the Reptilian overlords that this is not getting much attention. The kid, if anything, is a great advertisement for the fact that the defunding public education and municipalities in general that picked up took off with Reagan has done what you'd expect--create a bunch of malcontents who lack critical thinking skills. Bad combination. 

4. Why did you forget to criticize this guy for failing to mention the Annunaki and Repterrhoids?

Like I've said before, neither the Left nor the Right has the (IQ) answer to this colonialist worldview...which is why they both quickly sweep it under the rug.  The only answer is zooming out even further to realize how colonialism has been the biggest problem on the planet for the last ~600 years...and how that is all really an Annunaki/Reptilian scheme to get humans to terraform the planet into a warmer, technological Matrix more inhabitable for them.

5. OMFG the left has mos def NOT been "sweeping colonialism under the rug," it's just that you and your 8Chan buddy above have the most ridiculously warped notion of what colonialism is and are terribly poorly read and underexposed to the world, so somehow you actually think that your statement about colonialism surprises anybody. DUDE! EXACTLY, COLONIALISM IS A FUCKING PROBLEM, BUT GUESS WHAT, THE FLOW OF MIGRANTS NORTH ISN'T COLONIALISM, IT'S ALMOST ENTIRELY PEOPLE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE MULTIFARIOUS CATASTROPHES WROUGHT BY EURO-US COLONIALISM IN CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA. If what I just said doesn't make sense to you, go to your local library and search for "Howard Zinn" and "Noam Chomsky." Read all relevant titles. If your library has none, use interlibrary loan.

6. No, really, fucking go.

7. Like, turn off the computer, get off your butt, go to the library, turn off your gadgets so you can focus, drink a chamomile tea, and read that shit.

8. You have two eyes, and two ears, but only one mouth. One's ratio of learning to speaking should be ~5:1. For people suffering from repterrhoids, I recommend ~10:1.

9. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SITTING THERE THINKING UP RETORTS FOR? THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER, GO!

Bonus:

10. "Get humans to terraform the planet into a warmer, technological... blah blah..." Lol. They have spaceships and can shape shift and control everything from US deep state to the Chinese government, but they cannot:

A-Terraform the planet

B-Prevent hardy truthseekers like you from knowing the truth because of YouTube, which is somehow out of their control, and David Icke, whose purple and turquoise clothes are so ugly that Annunaki's can't even look at him without turning to stone.

11. That was not an invitation to talk back to me, kid, you're supposed to be at the fucking library already. You're already there? Oh, well, stop using the catalog computers to surf stupid websites, you're breaking the rules. 

Edited by Walker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Far Right departed this forum, I am hoping gullible, self-assured morons who can’t stop mentioning in every thread colonialism, David Icke, and pseudoscience conspiracy theories from Zechariah Sitchin will leave and join the Far Right members in a long march into the orifice of Rush Limbaugh and out of his worthless mouth and into the airwaves for his worthless constituency to hear again and again.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The Far Right departed this forum, I am hoping gullible, self-assured morons who can’t stop mentioning in every thread colonialism, David Icke, and pseudoscience conspiracy theories from Zechariah Sitchin will leave and join the Far Right members in a long march into the orifice of Rush Limbaugh and out of his worthless mouth and into the airwaves for his worthless constituency to hear again and again.

My man, I think you might need a cup of chamomile tea, too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Ohio shooter was a self-identified lefty on Twitter.

I'm sure this will will immediately be spun into "bothsidesism". I also worry it's going directly into the canon of Trump admin's "Antifa bill".

I do think there are crucial differences between these shootings though.

The El Paso shooter published a manifesto with explicitly right-wing political ideology mirroring things said by Trump, Fox News, Breitbart, etc. There was also clear, far-right celebration of the attack e.g. on 8Chan and even Twitter.

Conversely there's nothing in the left-leaning hodgepodge the Ohio shooter seemingly subscribe to that would have done anything other than condemn these attacks and certainly nothing to motivate them. There are also exactly zero leftists that find these attacks anything other than 100% wrong and disgusting.

Sure, leftists will joke about punching Nazis, or, at the extreme even killing fascists to protect innocent lives. Maybe you find those things problematic, that's a legit conversation. But absolutely nowhere will you find "go on a shooting spree killing your sister, her boyfriend and other random, innocent people of color in public". This was not an ideologically leftist attack.

If this were a leftist, say, shooting at ICE officers ripping children from their parents I think there would be a pertinent conversation about left-wing extremism. If this shooter were actively involved in actual leftist circles, I can see how we'd need to have a conversation around the failure of those spaces for not identifying a violent individual.

Otherwise I think the bothsidesism in this case conflates motive and ideology.

My two cents.

Sean

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sean said:

The El Paso shooter published a manifesto with explicitly right-wing political ideology mirroring things said by Trump....

My two cents.

Sean

"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I'll pay your legal fees." 

"If you do (hurt him), I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it." 

"I'll beat the crap out of you." 

"I'd like to punch him in the face." 

"Maybe he should've been roughed up." 

"Part of the problem is no one wants to hurt each other anymore." 

"I dont know if I'll do the fighting myself or if other people will." 

"The audience hit back. Thats what we need a little bit more of." 

(drum roll) in walked press sec Sarah Sanders, declaring, "The President in no way, form or fashion has ever promoted or encouraged violence." 

While somewhere, in a faraway galaxy that shares a common exit strategy with ours, Kellyanne Conway, in closing another one of her controversial interviews, excitedly chirps, "Go buy Ivanka's stuff is what I would say, I'm going to give a free commercial here: Go buy it today, everybody. You can find it online!!" 

:rolleyes:

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, C T said:

I think it's appropriate that they should see this because wow, they are tone deaf. 

missed-the-point.png

Especially because of this: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/08/06/748767807/mass-shootings-can-be-contagious-research-shows

Showing off guns at a rally is like handing a Sears catalogue to a sociopath. 

Anyway for emphasis: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/08/06/748778300/a-doctors-insights-into-gun-violence-and-gun-laws-around-the-world

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 7:00 AM, Walker said:

1. The trend towards blacking out of dipshits who go on mass murder rampages is a conscious attempt to stop giving them fame and thereby reduce copycats.

2. There is a huge amount of reporting on the dilemmas of immigration, automation, and demographic change in mainstream sources. If you do not realize this, then my best guesses are that either you do not read enough to have seen it, or you reject it because the Atlantic does not generally mention the Annunaki. 

3. Yeah, that was terrible. Thank the Reptilian overlords that this is not getting much attention. The kid, if anything, is a great advertisement for the fact that the defunding public education and municipalities in general that picked up took off with Reagan has done what you'd expect--create a bunch of malcontents who lack critical thinking skills. Bad combination. 

4. Why did you forget to criticize this guy for failing to mention the Annunaki and Repterrhoids?

5. OMFG the left has mos def NOT been "sweeping colonialism under the rug," it's just that you and your 8Chan buddy above have the most ridiculously warped notion of what colonialism is and are terribly poorly read and underexposed to the world, so somehow you actually think that your statement about colonialism surprises anybody. DUDE! EXACTLY, COLONIALISM IS A FUCKING PROBLEM, BUT GUESS WHAT, THE FLOW OF MIGRANTS NORTH ISN'T COLONIALISM, IT'S ALMOST ENTIRELY PEOPLE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE MULTIFARIOUS CATASTROPHES WROUGHT BY EURO-US COLONIALISM IN CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA. If what I just said doesn't make sense to you, go to your local library and search for "Howard Zinn" and "Noam Chomsky." Read all relevant titles. If your library has none, use interlibrary loan.

6. No, really, fucking go.

7. Like, turn off the computer, get off your butt, go to the library, turn off your gadgets so you can focus, drink a chamomile tea, and read that shit.

8. You have two eyes, and two ears, but only one mouth. One's ratio of learning to speaking should be ~5:1. For people suffering from repterrhoids, I recommend ~10:1.

9. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SITTING THERE THINKING UP RETORTS FOR? THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER, GO!

Bonus:

10. "Get humans to terraform the planet into a warmer, technological... blah blah..." Lol. They have spaceships and can shape shift and control everything from US deep state to the Chinese government, but they cannot:

A-Terraform the planet

B-Prevent hardy truthseekers like you from knowing the truth because of YouTube, which is somehow out of their control, and David Icke, whose purple and turquoise clothes are so ugly that Annunaki's can't even look at him without turning to stone.

11. That was not an invitation to talk back to me, kid, you're supposed to be at the fucking library already. You're already there? Oh, well, stop using the catalog computers to surf stupid websites, you're breaking the rules. 

1.  Yea, looks like that strategy's (silencing dissent) sure working great!
nnn.png

What would actually work is addressing all their gripes and concerns with better answers and dialogue...instead of just suppressing them and leaving them feeling unheard with no healthy outlet.  Problem is...the Left/Right colonialists DON'T have real answers to this, as they are all still within the same mental colonialist paradigm, themselves.  Which is why they both want to just avoid the actual topics, PLAY DUMB, and DEFLECT to vague generalities...

They don't SEE the bigger picture (or do and don't want others to!).

Whereas I would simply expand his paradigm from outside of his box.  I don't have to censor his worldview, I can simply supercede it with a greater one.  For example, even he admits that European colonialism totally destroyed the Native Americans...and also how the American lifestyle is destroying the environment.  Although he gets defensive about the former, he is really unavoidably acknowledging the greater truth that CHRISTIAN COLONIALISM IS really THE MAIN PROBLEM HERE...and therefore the only real solution is to stop it.  He is unintentionally right in that YES, it is a REAL problem that shouldn't just be dismissed out of hand!  And even deeper down the rabbit hole, Christian colonialism is really just a subset of ET EXOCOLONIALISM.

2.  So what?  The point is that clearly this is one of his primary motives (if he truly wrote this)...so why is everyone here instead guessing that it's due to video games, guns, etc, instead? 

3.  Actually he sounds like a millennial with some views all over the map...primarily, but not just alt-Right.

4.  Don't shoot the messenger.  I merely posted his (alleged) essay to START the conversation from his own (alleged) words - instead of from random, irrelevant speculation.

5.  No, only guys here like voidisyinyang, Taomeow, & myself really understand the FULL (& ongoing) SCOPE & global impact of Christian colonialism - especially in comparison to the world's holistic, aboriginal cultures & native ecosystems that it destroyed.  Christian colonialism to me is not just some historical European imperialism with its primary relevance today in resulting race relations...but the complete subjugation and supplanting of ecospiritual, animate Nature with artificial, mechanizing/digitizing/AI, inanimate technology (going against the Dao) in every aspect of its unsustainable lifestyle/culture/religion that they've spread all over the entire planet. 

Although it sounds like you entirely misunderstood my position and thought I was labeling Mexican immigration as "colonialism?" :rolleyes:

But speaking of "mental illness"...let's not also forget this:

eOQwqPL.jpg

tfecJvl.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2

Well, as a European I am still staggered by the fact that guns are so freely available in the US where most of the mass shootings occur.  I've raised this before and been told that its about guaranteeing personal freedom against tyrrany and so on - because us Brits would reinvade and impose a monarchy on you or some such.  Which is quite insane to be honest.  But I came to accept after a lot of badgering that there's something cultural in the US that prefers people to have easy access to guns.  I'm not saying guns are the cause by the way - they are not - but also I don't think its right-wing ideology - I think its the personal alienation of individuals which drives them to extremism.  The left is not immune from violence itself - if you look around the world most state violence has been by left wing governments to the tune of 100s of millions.  But it is true that someone who is alienated from society is more likely to go right than left - because the left emphasises society, inclusion and the rest.

What needs to be addressed is why young men get to the point where they can justify to themselves mass murder - how does that fall occur - what are the real causes and conditions. 

Edited by Apech
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Apech said:

I'm not saying guns are the cause by the way - they are not - but also I don't think its right-wing ideology - I think its the personal alienation of individuals which drives them to extremism.

What needs to be addressed is why young men get to the point where they can justify to themselves mass murder - how does that fall occur - what are the real causes and conditions. 

Yeah. I was being cheeky with my Ahoy meme earlier in this thread. But I think what you're getting at here is closer to the truth and a more productive inquiry.

Sean

@sean Do you think the above manifesto could at least be put in one of those neat little "reveal hidden content" windows if it's going to remain here?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

@sean Do you think the above manifesto could at least be put in one of those neat little "reveal hidden content" windows if it's going to remain here?

Sure thing. Done. I should probably come up with some kind of "content warning" guideline at some point.

Sean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to confess that when I see a post like the one from @gendao above I never ever read them because they are copy pasted graphs and graphics / text and so on.  I like to read what people think - how they develop their ideas - how they are feeling about something cos then I can respond if I feel I have something to say.  I don't really care if I agree with them provided they are being genuine and thoughtful.

Is it too naive to think that perhaps if the shooters had had people who respected them and listened to them in their lives they wouldn't have been shooters?  That they might have been turned back from extreme views?  Or am I just being a liberal lefty wishy washy type of human? :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this