Sign in to follow this  
Ralph Losey

Newcomer to Forum from Central Florida interested in Workshop with Livia Kohn

Hi - Just joined.

Looking for others in central Florida area who might be interested in helping me to organize an event with another Floridian, LIVIA KOHN, or who just might be interested in attending a workshop in Orlando area (near Rollins College). Livia, a prolific author and retired BU professor has a lot to teach and share and her only other classes coming up are in France. I suspect everyone here already knows her, but for me it is a recent gift of the Tao.

Please let me know if you might be interested in an event in the Fall, if not sooner?

Feel free to email me direct, ralph.losey@gmail dot com

Ralph

• Like 3

As to the required "about myself" - I'm a old lawyer battling stress with experience in this area of body technology and philosophy. My special area is sound meditation, but right now I'm more interested in exercises, on physical energetic movements. Working on eight-trigrams as guide to energy movements. Senior wellness is my focus with twin goals of Longevity and Vitality.

Those of who do not speak, but since I dont know much, I'll keep going and tell you that I have experience organizing workshops. Right now I'd like to sponsor an event for Livia Kohn. Perhaps others in future? Also like a local community group to grow out of those activities, but who knows that the Tao has in mind.

• Like 5

Hey,  Welcome !!

I have chatted a few times with her and posted an interview here:  

I have also posted a few of her events as she lets me know.

I would be very interested.

• Like 2

Thanks. Livia mentioned you. You live somewhat nearby me in central Florida? I'm near Rollins.

Read your interview previously. Well done.

How could we not learn by being with this wonderful person?

• Like 1

I'm near the airport.   She is amazing and wonderful.   

I don't know how much time I have to offer to help but we can chat. I already sent you an email.  :)

• Like 1

Sept 15th is confirmed. Is there anyone on this board interested in meeting Livia Kohn, one of the the preeminent DAOIST Scholars alive today? She may not say anything, just lead in exercises. How cool would that be? Email me. Ralph.Losey@gmail dot com

You’ve probably seen the interview here of Professor Dao, aka, Livia Kohn. If not  I am sure you are familiar with Livia’s incredible work, both her original translations and many commentaries. 

Livia may be the most influential Taoist influence in the United States today. She should be, IMO, as she seems to be the best informed.  Moreover she is the rare academic scholar PhD who is also a sincere practitioner. 

I can’t wait to meet Kohn in the afternoon of September 15th in Winter Park, Florida. You are invited to join with me, meet her, experience for yourself her energy, her practitioner skills. She has agreed to speak and show us a few things. It will be a small private group, first come first serve, but we may have some gates.

Spontaneous community gatherings with senior practitioners like this are a rare opportunity to connect with the Dao. 

Contact me for more information.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this