Rara

Jing to Qi - a Technical Question

2 minutes ago, Rara said:

Yet it is difficult sometimes to ignore urges

Traditional training takes care of that.

And also - making for some really funny stories.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Jing is not always about "sexual energy" in just a biological sense.

It depends on the context.

"Qi" using the character showing rice and steam is about postnatal Jing, acquired Jing or resulting processes. Variants also used to say Breath, and we can see in medical texts written next to Lungs.

Zhou Dunyi diagram I posted isn't showing "breath" or "steam", but the whole concept of Polarity and Movement in summary.

Older character you show (炁) is often in "philosophy" or "cosmology" texts and mean something like "invisible energy" or "non-substantial energy". It is movement between the poles of any polarity and not any kind of substance.

Jing is in that context any substance that produces polarities, and Qi is moving in those polarities.

Also seeing "prenatal" established polarities (structures), and "postnatal" or acquired polarities - like from eating (changing structures).

You change Jing, you change Qi.

-VonKrankenhaus

I go into that history of the word qi - in my training manual. The oldest meaning is "fire under water" to create "steam." this meaning is actually from the San Bushmen, the original human culture, going back from before human language crystallized - so around 70,000 years ago.  So the fire is Shen and the water is Jing - and the Steam if the Qi.

That's probably the simplest meaning - that PROCESS of putting shen under jing then CREATES the Qi. And the process is eternal.

12 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Yes so the Red Dragon is male but has the yin internally as water and for alchemy - the yang spirit which is our external spacetime experience with the eyes open - this must be reversed - so that the yin qi of the red dragon (that powers the spirit) is then descended into Earth - and so the yin qi then feeds the yang qi of the water.

So then the Red Dragon then becomes the female Green Dragon as wisdom energy of the Yuan Qi of the universe - after it has been sublimated up via the white tiger (which is the yang qi from the black tiger). Then the third eye and heart purify this energy so that the green dragon now has substance due to the red dragon blending with the white tiger - as their copulation in the third eye.

So yes that is the reversal you speak of. But when the energy leaves the body, as John Chang points out, then it is as the yin qi without substance. So the Yang Shen relies on absorbing blue light of the yin qi energy - and this means that the yin qi blockages of the red light (the red dragon) and then being purified via the green light. So then just as in relativistic quantum physics - once the blue light (from the virtual photons of the future) are absorbed this then creates Golden Light via the green and red light.

So then the Golden immortal body is the yang shen created from virtual photons of the future that are then absorbed back into the body and stored as PHONONS - or Yuan Qi ether energy. Phonons can not be seen but can be listened to - and so this is the paradox of the 5th dimension as the Emptiness. In science Phonons are not limited by the Pauli Exclusion Principle - but Photons ARE limited. So the PHonons are a kind of antigravity pressure - and this is what enables levitation also.

So this is why the Golden immortal Yang Shen body always has to return back to the Yuan Qi source as infinite time-frequency energy or phonon energy of the 5th dimension that is in eternal motion but can not be seen. So science calls this "noncommutative phase" logic - is it the logic of the Taiji as explained by music theory. So the Void inherently has infinite yin-yang energy to it, embedded within it - for eternal creation of matter from spacetime itself - just as a black hole turns into a white hole.

Nice post.

What happens to the body once it shifts from the void to creation/white hole?

40 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

The oldest meaning is "fire under water" to create "steam."

This is best suggested by the most common character "氣" - which is rice and steam, as in from cooking.

In this character "氣" the radical for Water "水" is there inside the one for Rice "米". So is the one for Fire "火".

In fact, this character does appear in Cultivation texts, and is most common way of writing "Qi" today too.

But in the variant seen in some texts, "" - the top radical doesn't actually represent "Water".

But the bottom is definitely the old radical for Fire.

If you look, it has a few meanings, like even choking on something, but many think it means "nothing" in this context.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mark said:

Nice post.

What happens to the body once it shifts from the void to creation/white hole?

Science says that energy-information is not lost but just transformed. So in science this is considered a random lost with a 180 degree shift in spacetime into a white hole. But science is an "external measurement" system inherently limited by "time-frequency uncertainty" or Fourier Uncertainty. Meditation instead is the "highest technology of all technologies" (qigong master Yan Xin) because instead of time-frequency uncertainty there is the Law of Phase Harmony in control (Louis de Broglie's most famous discovery - most important discovery I mean, as he stated).

So yes there is a LITERAL spacetime vortex. This is described in chapter 11 of the book Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality.

So I had this happen to me and I stopped my meditation and turned to a quest to discover the true meaning - unfortunately I did not read the book in detail - and that answer eluded me for 10 years!!

So essentially when the Shen spirit leaves the body it HAS to be "covered" by Yuan Qi (a spacetime bubble). Even qigong master Chunyi Lin said that one time he did too much healing and so he experienced this same dizziness and so he had to have his advanced students teach Level 3 while he recharged his qi through meditation.

So I call this the difference between General Relativity and Special Relativity - again using science as an analogy. So with special relativity you maintain a constant speed without acceleration - I think that's the basics of it. So this is the same as the spiritual ego maintaining Samadhi as Pranja or Wisdom awareness as is required in Mahayana Buddhism.

So for example Poonjaji described creating multiple Yang Shen bodies - bilocation - read his memoir, "Nothing Ever Happened." He appeared at his birthday parties - multiple of his bodies - since his different students wanted him at their birthday parties.

But Poonjaji was not consciously aware that he did this! He found out later. So in Mahayana Buddhism they require that the yogi remains consciously aware via the spiritual ego - so there has to be a constant "upgrading" of the light - like a strobe light - the light has to be turned around. This is called the Quantum Zeno Effect in western science. So you can then prevent the "collapse" of the wavefunction back into a linear spacetime direction with gravity. Instead you maintain the 5th dimension as nonlocal awareness being merged with the Light as spiritual awareness.

So qigong master Jim Nance http://guidingqi.com  described this ability well. So he said - I have his direct quote on my blog - but I'll just paraphrase - it is like maintaining a stable photograph. But while that stable photograph is maintained then the Emptiness as Energy does the Healing on its own. So you are relying on the Emptiness as the Yuan Qi spacetime vortex to do the perfect healing for you. 

So for example if you have a precognitive vision - this is a dream that is MORE REAL than being awake. But you still have to go "out of samadhi" back into left-brain dominant consciousness to then analyze what it means - in relation to your "current" time frame. Maybe you will do this - or maybe not. Or there is the example of the most famous Buddhist master of Thailand - Phra Acharn Mun. So in his free biography - it is described how his meditation buddy was levitating. But as soon as he realized he was meditation (his left brain consciousness becoming dominant) then his body fell back down. So he had to train to maintain his samadhi as awareness in right-brain dominance - by turning the light around. So like a strobe light - he recharged the light as a coherent frequency resonance - and so he was awareness as Wisdom prajna that he was levitating.

But as Master Nan, Huai-chin points out - these spiritual abilities are all still tricks while the Emptiness remains the only eternal awareness - as Ramana Maharshi also points out. So the end of the Taoist Yoga book states that the Yang Shen then dissolves or dissipates back into the formless awareness - the cosmic Yuan Qi.  So it is the Emptiness itself that DECIDES when a Yang Shen will appear or not.

So the more a person meditates then the more their body EMBODIES the Emptiness - or as qigong master Chunyi Lin http://springforestqigong.com has stated - his body is just an Empty Vessel for the Qi energy. So as Jim Nance told me - he had to train to let the Emptiness do the healing - instead of his conscious mind doing the healing. This is the difference between Siddhis and Shakti as India yogis recognize. Or the difference between psychic energy (yin qi) and spiritual healing (Yuan Qi).

• Thanks 1

Chi is the steam coming of the cooked rice. Fire can transform food and more. If the water is on top of the fire we can cook rice but we need to put a lid on it and control the fire, a low slow burn. There is no difference in alchemy the principle of fire and water remains the same... The song remains the same. If we can cook rice we can increase our chi.

• Like 2

Who is moving this Chi? If you or me are moving this chi others and self are harmed. If spirit / Shen is moving this Chi all things are benefited.

We should know what is holding the strings of our marionette bodies. The internal government must be in order.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Chi is the steam coming of the cooked rice.

In general, Qi is not any specific substance.

Even in the body, Qi is movement between the poles of various polarities.

There is Qi of electricity, of heat, moving water - Qi is the Movements, not the Substances.

Intake of substances creates or changes polarities in the body - eat salt, this changes electrical potentials, chemical potentials, and breathing and metabolism, etc.

The "strings of our marionette bodies" are Polarities.

No Polarity = No Movement.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

All things in balance and harmony, the center of the compass, no movement the body is dead. So the marionette is dead or is it moved by spirit that benefits all things. No polarity is the center of the compass, we move from the center and the world is illuminated without beginning or end. Extreme shifts in polarity is called an unbalanced person or un- grounded or spacey person.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen

1 hour ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Extreme shifts in polarity is called an unbalanced person or un- grounded or spacey person.

And most of modern civilization is composed of extremes - dietary, situational, and thus behaviors.

"Medicine" is so extreme as to be injecting about 98% of all children in developed countries with the intact full male human genome derived from an aborted fetus - this is technically and actually "cannibalism".

Extremes of substance in food and medicine includes extreme items such as lead and mercury and aluminum, and extremes of energy in food and medicine includes hormones, antibiotics, and actual rocket fuel.

12-16 straight years of brainwashing produces some extreme conclusions and also extreme ignorance.

This is the level at which modern people want to buy "Internal Cultivation" as yet another product for personal consumptions.

But the Cultivation Texts they will read were never made with such people in mind.

They never existed before. 

To get to the old "Starting Point", for people now - much work must be done first.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Thanks 1

On 3.8.2019 at 3:35 PM, Shubin said:

It seems that in Neidan,  Jing to Qi,is 精 to 炁 (not 气).

Some schools of Neidan call Jing as Yuan Jing (元精),  why they do not call it "sexual energy" (性精)?

because in alchemy you do not work with sexual energy........jing is that which makes up the whole body not just sexual energy.

And alchemy works with pre-heaven forms of energy.....that are not of the body at all

• Like 3

On 2.8.2019 at 5:04 PM, Rara said:

Thanks. In fact, it's something I expect to learn more of first hand, than reading books.

So basically, my understanding wasn't quite correct, no? I'm aware that the qi is stored in the LDT, and builds with meditation/neidan. What is happening with the jing or all the crazy stuff that settles over time during the meditation?

In those modern version which are not fully alchemical but use parts of alchemy there is meditation.

In Alchemy systems with the full alchemial method the neidan is a moving form or sitting but with hands moving.

No chi is stored in the ldt.

If you want to learn these modern forms Wang Liping (or one of his teachers ) and Damo Mitchell are great for that. Or qianfengpai should also be great.

best

On 3.8.2019 at 4:41 PM, KuroShiro said:

Are you saying that all the books about Neidan are watered down because the authors, such as Masters Wang Liping and Damo Mitchell, don't know the real thing?

What about the Daoist Classics?

Do you know anyone that teaches the full alchemical method?

thanks.

It is not about "knowing the real thing"......it is more that what we call neidan today is a hybrid of alchemy and other stuff and so the alchemical principle is mostly not fully present. I think both teachers are very good in what they teach.

The dao classics are intepreted according to  each schools agenda. From my backround lao tzi was using the full alchemical method but as i said, every school has the interpretation that fits its understanding. (and the same goes for schoolars).

Yes, my ex-teacher ...but is not public. The ones that do this public are the (here) much hated russians.....they are boasty but the two schools they teach have the full alchemical system (at least that is what my teacher said).

best

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, shazlor said:

I believe voidisyinyang has preemptively answered your question in the above 

The progression above would relate to the school of 'Inferior Virtue' , I.E beginning with the hormones/sexual energy and climbing up to yuan jing using a technique.

and the quote below to school of 'Superior Virtue' , I.E beginning with yuan jing and pulling the rest along non-using a technique. Virtue meaning "inherent potency" in this context.

Reveal hidden contents

"An ancient scripture says:

Superior virtue has no doing: there is nothing whereby it does. 
        Inferior virtue does: there is something whereby it does.(1)

Another scripture says:

Superior virtue keeps one's form intact by means of the Tao. 
        Inferior virtue extends one's existence by means of a technique.(2)

Both passages say that superior virtue and inferior virtue differ in status, and that their operation is also not the same."

https://www.goldenelixir.com/jindan/cultivating_the_tao_19.html

Thanks for your explanation. It seems for me that 'Inferior Virtue' and 'Superior Virtue' are not schools. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, Nintendao said:

What if, the Yuan Jing were thought of as unformed clay. They clay can be molded into any number of shapes, each having their different qualities and uses. They are all still clay, though. Likewise the jing can be put to lots of different uses, sexual being one of them.

Further, say one has already made the clay into some shape, but then decides to change it to something else. It's going to take more work than if they started out to make the second shape in the first place.

If we take Yuan Jing as unformed clay, this smart clay can mold itself into many number of shapes, each having their different qualities and uses. Once molded, it may be impossible to remold it again. 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 4:43 AM, MIchael80 said:

because in alchemy you do not work with sexual energy........jing is that which makes up the whole body not just sexual energy.

And alchemy works with pre-heaven forms of energy.....that are not of the body at all

Some schools believe that Yuan Jing hides in a location inside of the body. Regular people cannot control Yuan Jing at all.

4 hours ago, Shubin said:

Some schools believe that Yuan Jing hides in a location inside of the body. Regular people cannot control Yuan Jing at all.

This is kidney essence or kidney Jing. 

That is the physical polarities that create movement in the functions associated with "Kidney" in Chinese medicine.

Part of kidney essence is acquired, as by intake of food and water, etc.

Some is the actual inherited structure.

People who lose their kidneys from disease have changed their Yuan Jing, and thus Kidney Qi.

People who recover from kidney disease or adrenal insufficiency using food or medicine have controlled their Yuan Jing.

Study: "Epigenetics".

So for serious Cultivation, one must know how to use food to alter inherited structure and change essence.

No control of Jing = no control of Qi.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shubin said:

Maybe there are some schools who do think this.....but from my expierence that does not make sense. the pre-heaven energies storehouses are ascociated with the certain body parts but are not of the body because they are pre-heaven (before creation).

Alchemy is just technique.....and everyone can use them if they know them. And so the pre-heaven jing and chi can be used if you know how. (you do not to be special at all....or developed or whatever.....).

Best

Edited by MIchael80
  • Like 1

People usually do not like when I explain things about Qi, Jing and Xue (Blood) because I always use the TCM view. However, do notice that TCM not only works, it also has plenty of esoteric applications.

Not only that, these terms (Jing, Qi, Xue, etc) come primarly in book form from the Huang Di Nei Jing, a classic about medicine (Yellow Emperor's Classic of Inner Medicine, do not confuse with the "Yellow Court Classic", a work 700-years younger).

That's not to mention that Qi Gong practioneers usually are required to have quite a good grasp on TCM. It's just needed at a certain point.

So, I believe we SHOULD use the TCM comprehension of Jing, Qi and etc for our Qi Gong practices - otherwise, we're just going to get lost on the "common sense" of many schools.

Let's go:

Everything begins with the formation of the Heavens and Earth.... yeah, I'm not going to go so far.

Let's skip that and go to the point things become useful.

Everyone is composed of matter and energy. We call matter a form of "Yin" and energy a form of "Yang".

Yang and Yin are measurement concepts, like "high" and "low", "there" and "here", "going" and "coming".

So, Matter is Yin in relation to Energy. Why? Because Matter is colder, heavier, less mobile... when compared to Energy.

People also tend to say that all forms of energy are "Qi", which isn't completely wrong... since "Qi" means anything ethereal. If you're reading a text, especially a Neigong text, and the author is treating "Qi" as every form of movement and energy, that's why.

Ok, we got it.

Now, what kinds of matter and what kinds of energies there are out there?

There's inorganic matter, and there's organic matter.

There's soft energy (like the one of the breeze) and hard energy (like the one of a storm).

Inorganic Matter is immobile and, many times, cold. So, it is Yin in comparison to Organic Matter. Soft energy is gentle, less mobile and "watery" compared to hard energy, so it is Yin in comparison to hard energy.

HOWEVER, Organic Matter is still Matter, so it is Yin in relation to Soft Energy.... got it?

+ Yin  => Inorganic Matter -- Organic Matter -- Soft Energy --- Hard Energy <= +Yang

Now, let's see those forms of matter and energy in the human body.

First, we know that the Human body obtains energy from "Organic" Matter (boiled water, food). And if we're into TCM, we know that the Human body ALSO obtains energy from Soft Energy (as the one rooted in the Air and Food).

We also know that we can obtain energy from Inorganic Matter, but that's dangerous - as "living" foods, in the language of these days (such as non-cooked foods) and unboiled water (if you don't have a good water service) can cause a number of diseases. And even Hard Energy can give one energy, but usually makes someone sick (for instance, staying under the sun for a long time will cause sunburns).

Organic Matter would come from foods that have been cooked and water that has been boiled. It is a little bit complicated to explain here, but basically saying - things that haven't received heat for a long time aren't living.

So, we know that the extremes hurt the human body - and, therefore, that the Human Body itself must have a relationship of balance with the environment for it to work.

Here comes the first aspect of Jing loss - inbalance with the environment. More on that later.

Now, let's look into the Human Body itself.

We know that we are made of Organic Matter, and that, for better or worst, there doesn't seem to be any form of inorganic matter on the body (unless you consider kidney stones or something, lol).

The only moment when the human body loses its Organic property is in death. That said, it also shows signs of "turning into a non-living thing" once we get older.

Therefore, this is why we say that someone needs to "cultivate their Yang" - not in the sense of turning the body itself into energy, but by keeping it from becoming old and "inorganic".

Many neigong schools confuse the unaware because of this. Turning the Yin into Yang, cultivating the Yang, must be done in the sense of making it so your systems of self-heal and self-repair mantain themselves always at pristine condition.

Let's keep on going.

Organic Matter. It can also be further divided in Yin and Yang. Bones are at the ultmost Yin of Organic Matter, while Skin is at the ultmost Yang.

Soft Energy or Bodly Energy. Also possible to divide further. Simple energy like the one attached to your body's fluids is at the most Yin, and very subtle energy, such as the one related to your emotions which can be seen and manipulated by manipulating your Organs, is at the most Yang.

The most Yang Energy one can find on someone's body is called a "Soul". There are five souls in the body, rooted on your five main organs : Liver, Spleen-Pancreas, Heart, Kidneys and Lungs.

Now, once we talk about Shen and "turning Qi to Shen", we're talking about using an intermediate-level soft energy from the body as nourishment for the Souls as a whole (and sometimes for the Heart's Soul in specific - each tradition varies).

So, "turning Qi into Shen" means using a form of Soft Energy called Zheng Qi, which is naturally produced in your body through digestion and breathing, as a form of nourishing your Souls.

What about Jing, then?

Well, Jing can also mean two or three different things.

There is a form of Energy which is rooted on one's kidneys, and it controls all of the body's aging processess. We call that Jing.

There is also a form of Energy which is rooted on one's Bone Marrow and Brain, and controls metabolism, regeneration and mental acuity. We call that Jing as well.

There is also a form of Energy which is present on what we could say to be one's DNA (the genetic markings we got from our parents), and which attaches itself to a place right under your LDT. We, again, call that Jing.

So, which is the Jing we use to "turn Jing into Qi" ?

The answer will depend on the neigong school you're using as reference. All of those forms of Soft Energy can be worked through meditation, exercise, certain forms of breathing and etc in order to be expent and turned into Zheng Qi.

The most common, however, is the expenditure of ALL of those forms of Jing - as Jing is in the most Yin part of one's Soft Energy, and it heavily connects to one's body.

Some practices will teach you how to produce some forms of Jing which we call "Post-Heaven Jing" (because it was produced after you were born and, therefore, cannot reach and inhabit some places in your body the Jing produced prior to birth reach), and that will then be what is used as fuel to make Qi.

However, all practices need to bring you closer to a state where you can access and nourish the places in your body where the Pre-Heaven Jing is stored - otherwise, you'll become sick due to an imbalance of Soft Energy and then die earlier.

Sex, sexual fluids and their "intrinsic and all-important" connection to Jing are just a fetish derived from Confuncionist taboo with sex itself.

The Jing attached to your sperm and which is used to produce this sperm is important, as it relates to your fertility as well as with your aging in a certain level (the body will automatically try and balance any loses in Soft Energy by drawing the nearest source to use as a substitute, so other forms of Jing suffer if you use too much of this king of Jing), but you should really focus on other things before giving too much importance to cellibacy.

I think that's the gist of it. Hope it was usefull.

Edited by Desmonddf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/08/2019 at 9:47 AM, MIchael80 said:

In Alchemy systems with the full alchemial method the neidan is a moving form or sitting but with hands moving.

Sure, I understand this, but I have been taught the first level which is seated meditation. The rest comes after...

On 07/08/2019 at 9:47 AM, MIchael80 said:

No chi is stored in the ldt.

Really? Why is it known as the "energy centre" then? I'm pretty sure a dantian is commonly known as a storage space for life force.

• Like 2

The original human nature is kindness.  Chinese spirituality talks of a physical being rather than an intellectual one.  It literally refers to the Spirit in you and cultivating the physical health to the optimum level to nourish the invisible spiritual being.

How do you sense and communicate with your own spirit?  We may not be able to because our material life can block out our power to do so.  Alchemy opens the door for communication and lets it fly out.  It improves our compassion, forgiveness and mercy. 

There is an invisible super being inside us.  Alchemy supplies nutrition to our spirits.  Initially there are no visual signs but if we keep it up then the changes will show up.  Never stop practicing.

All this talk of yuan chi is missing the point of it all. compassion forgiveness mercy being a better person overall, In and beyond this physical plane, pure energy with and without form.

These are some words from my teacher of the Dragon Gate long Men Pei of Mount Wudang. You have struck gold and silver is not good enough. Rara remember what you have learned on Wudang and do not deviate or let others mislead you. You are the best!

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Alchemy opens the door for communication and lets it fly out.  It improves our compassion, forgiveness and mercy. 

I like what you have said.

But I think it's important to point out that the bit in bold is not necessarily so. In fact, it rarely is.

Developing virtue is a practice in its own right - and it doesn't automatically come with spiritual cultivation. In fact, at certain stages in the process, the exact opposite can and does manifest...

That's why there are so many creepy, gregarious and non-virtuous Daoist practitioners with skill out there. (And just as many - if not more, from other traditions - so it's certainly not exclusively Daoist!)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 10/08/2019 at 11:34 PM, Wu Ming Jen said:

The original human nature is kindness.  Chinese spirituality talks of a physical being rather than an intellectual one.  It literally refers to the Spirit in you and cultivating the physical health to the optimum level to nourish the invisible spiritual being.

How do you sense and communicate with your own spirit?  We may not be able to because our material life can block out our power to do so.  Alchemy opens the door for communication and lets it fly out.  It improves our compassion, forgiveness and mercy. 

There is an invisible super being inside us.  Alchemy supplies nutrition to our spirits.  Initially there are no visual signs but if we keep it up then the changes will show up.  Never stop practicing.

All this talk of yuan chi is missing the point of it all. compassion forgiveness mercy being a better person overall, In and beyond this physical plane, pure energy with and without form.

These are some words from my teacher of the Dragon Gate long Men Pei of Mount Wudang. You have struck gold and silver is not good enough. Rara remember what you have learned on Wudang and do not deviate or let others mislead you. You are the best!

This is beautiful and a wonderful turn on the thread.

I only sought a basic answer in the first place. This is not the one I thought I'd see here but thank you for reminding me about the true importance of this all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10.8.2019 at 9:27 PM, Rara said:

Sure, I understand this, but I have been taught the first level which is seated meditation. The rest comes after...

Really? Why is it known as the "energy centre" then? I'm pretty sure a dantian is commonly known as a storage space for life force.

We are not in a discussion here Rara.

You asked a question and i gave the answer ...from my point of view....nothing more.

Yes, every practice needs the juice of compassion to "wet" it......

If we are triggered by other Persons, statements, events etc. it is a good idea to sit unconditionally with the uncomfortable emotion until it moves on and is digested.

If you have a teacher (wudang) that resonates with you then follow that path.

they way i was taught was that meditation was not allowed at all or only in very high levels (after the elixir has been created).

In the schools i know there is no dantian like in the medical field (the field in the lower abdomen...one usually knows from qi gong etc.). but it itself is a pre-heaven manifestation with a different place and different function and cannot be used like the well known form.

All the best!

Edited by MIchael80
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MIchael80 said:

We are not in a discussion here Rara.

You asked a question and i gave the answer ...from my point of view....nothing more.

With all due respect, I wish to be allowed to ask questions in return to help me understand. Especially if your teachings differ to mine, and a lot of others'. Hence the forum tagline "Discussions On The Way"

1 hour ago, MIchael80 said:

All the best!

Either way, thank you for your offerings. It will digest one way or another.

• Like 1