sean

No more right-wing bullshit.

That 70.5 million people in America either supported open racial hostility, mysoginy and anti-gay sentiments, or were indifferent to their leader expressing such because it puts a few more dollars in their pocket at tax time... is a bit stunning to me.

'Murica's disease runs deeper than I imagined.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

That 70.5 million people in America either supported open racial hostility, mysoginy and anti-gay sentiments, or were indifferent to their leader expressing such because it puts a few more dollars in their pocket at tax time... is a bit stunning to me.

Okay.  What's 8:46?

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-pride-gay-republicans-why-they-re-backing-president-n1243469

The article is interesting imo, as it touches upon such things as identity politics, and how the Democratic Party assumes it should have the gay vote through what some see as fear tactics which limit the view of gay individuals to nothing more than their sexuality.

As quoted in the article: 

“They force you to believe, with the help of liberal media bias, that you are no more than your sexuality or your gender or your race," Kazmierczak said in an email. "They want you to believe that someone is constantly coming for your rights. If you're gay, specifically, Democrat propaganda states that the Republicans are going to take away your rights."

I also found the following snippet of information interesting (as it relates to the idea of anti-gay):

In February, Trump promoted Richard Grenell, then the U.S. ambassador to Germany, to acting director of the Office of National Intelligence. It made Grenell the first openly gay person named to a Cabinet-level position.

I get the idea of being stunned, shortly after Trump was elected my dad asked my how I was doing, and I responded, “I don’t know. I live in a world where Donald Trump was elected President of the United States.” Now though, I am looking more to understand.. which serves me and my nature better.

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-pride-gay-republicans-why-they-re-backing-president-n1243469

In February, Trump promoted Richard Grenell, then the U.S. ambassador to Germany, to acting director of the Office of National Intelligence. It made Grenell the first openly gay person named to a Cabinet-level position.

I´m glad that an openly gay man can become the acting director of the Office of National Intelligence, though the position isn´t likely to greatly sway US gay rights.  The same can not be said for Trump´s choice for Supreme Court Justice.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I´m glad that an openly gay man can become the acting director of the Office of National Intelligence, though the position isn´t likely to greatly sway US gay rights.  The same can not be said for Trump´s choice for Supreme Court Justice.

How about this?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/neil-gorsuch-supreme-court-lgbtq-rights/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

Good for Neil Gorsuch.  He proved less ideologically rigid and less predictable than the people who championed his appointment cared for, at least in this instance.  That´s a good quality in a judge, I think.  Guess we´ll see if Amy Barett follows suit.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, manitou said:

Okay.  What's 8:46?

56 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

The amount of time George Floyd survived before dying with Chauvin's knee on his neck.

Also the exact time the first plane hit the WTC -- 8:46 am.

• Sad 2

If there should be no more right wing bullshit, then it stands to reason there should be no more left wing bullshit. Maybe we should just drop the bullshit and not have to worry about the left or right and become unbalanced in doing so?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1