sean

No more right-wing bullshit.

anyway, I'm outski, yall have fun in your isolation tank that keeps you away from actual reality.

Pssst.. in order to properly "flounce" (as Nungali puts it), you actually have to leave the room (or stop posting in the thread, as it were) or risk painting yourself as a bit overly dramatic - especially when being mocked for the initial attempt at a flounce...

Ahhh shit.. and I'm back.. is it still a proper flounce if I stay away a few days? And has the creative name calling let up at all in here?

:looks around:

What? Do I have ketchup on my chin, or something?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Also, it helps to reveal  people's  'true colours ' 

I think I did tell the story of the origins of my fear of pressure cookers here at some point.  If you were attacked by one of them the way I was, in the circular line of fire from the valve that got clogged so pressure built up (where was that whistle?..) and then exploded with oatmeal, rotating at high speed while shooting pressurized streams thereof in a tight trajectory covering the whole range of the kitchen and much of the living-room,

and if you were the one who had to crawl on your belly under that rotating fiery inferno before you could even turn it off, and then crawl back and wait another 30 minutes before it finally subsided...  I don't know if you would then give me reasons to question your own courage under fire, mister, or if you remained unperturbed by any and all pressure cookers thereafter...   that remains to be seen.  That would really reveal people's true colors.

Now...  daobums arguing?  civilization collapsing?  tao destroyed?  You think a cat would build up too much pressure over that

You don't know cats very well, do you?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Pssst.. in order to properly "flounce" (as Nungali puts it), you actually have to leave the room (or stop posting in the thread, as it were) or risk painting yourself as a bit overly dramatic - especially when being mocked for the initial attempt at a flounce...

Ahhh shit.. and I'm back.. is it still a proper flounce if I stay away a few days? And has the creative name calling let up at all in here?

:looks around:

What? Do I have ketchup on my chin, or something?

I'm  not sticking around to  hear this  ! 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I think I did tell the story of the origins of my fear of pressure cookers here at some point.  If you were attacked by one of them the way I was, in the circular line of fire from the valve that got clogged so pressure built up (where was that whistle?..) and then exploded with oatmeal, rotating at high speed while shooting pressurized streams thereof in a tight trajectory covering the whole range of the kitchen and much of the living-room,

I am supposing oatmeal is NOT supposed to be pressure cooked, the glub would block the emergency release pressure valve .   B)

But, putty smarmy aside for one  moment     ........ hang on, I can do this   .......     ugghhhh  ..... 

....  putty smarmy aside for one  moment  ...... 

tenor.gif

....   thank goodness it didnt get you  .

-  there I did it .

Now, for my  pressure cooker story , which is   the yin version of your  yang one     ( or is it the other way around  ?  )

GF and her GF and me are going out to dinner .  My  GF  insists we go vegetarian . I say 'You can eat whatever you choose, but I will decide after I check their menu  . '     - nope. Starts to get 'bargy'  so I opt out ;  " You girls go and have fun. "

They  come back early and  boy does she have the shits ! Storms off to bedroom .... slam !    So I asked her GF whats up ?

" We went to have vego Mexican at   that nearby elcheapo, a pressure cooker in the kitchen exploded just aswe came though the door , a glob of stewing meat raced through the kitchen, through the restaurant  and  some splattered us - fortunately it had cooled down by the time some hit us  ......  some went in my hair  ....  Pam got some in her mouth . " 

Me ;  "  Oh !  Thats terrible . I am glad you didnt get burned . "

26211286.gif

and if you were the one who had to crawl on your belly under that rotating fiery inferno before you could even turn it off, and then crawl back and wait another 30 minutes before it finally subsided...  I don't know if you would then give me reasons to question your own courage under fire, mister, or if you remained unperturbed by any and all pressure cookers thereafter...   that remains to be seen.  That would really reveal people's true colors.

Courage under fire  ?

.... hmmm .... I never thought of it as  'courage'   ,  ya just go and do it  

Come on down and try it out   .... 'tis the season right now .

46150-32676.jpg?itok=6yBpfN35

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/6335843/toms-creek-fire-burns-amid-very-high-danger-rating/

Now...  daobums arguing?  civilization collapsing?  tao destroyed?  You think a cat would build up too much pressure over that

You don't know cats very well, do you?  

Nope. I am a   ' dog person'

c4907577a372c21c3ea70cad4b59eb07.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, Earl Grey said:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/08/reddit-hate-content-moderation/

Proof that Sean eliminating the right-wing shit on this forum was necessary based on what happened over at Reddit. 

who got "eliminated" as right-wing B.S.?

Has anyone mentioned the recent expose of Falun Gong is the top Facebook promoter of Drumpf? It's some kind of escalating of eschatology mission.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-qanon-impending-judgment-day-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121

Aug 20, 2019 - Photo illustration of Li Hongzhi and Donald Trump. ... Former practitioners of Falun Gong told NBC News that believers think the world is ...
Missing: eschatology ‎| Must include: eschatology
Falun Gong combines Chinese folk religion, modern-day eschatology, and ..... The paper is heavily supportive of Donald Trump, and in an editorial, praised ...
5 days ago - The Epoch Times, a conservative news outlet that has spent more money on pro-Trump ads than any group besides the president's campaign, was banned from buying ads on Facebook after violating the platform's policies. The Epoch Times, a nonprofit news outlet owned by members of ...
Missing: eschatology ‎| Must include: eschatology
Aug 20, 2019 - While Donald Trump may regularly count on the support of people who ... is handy to be either converted or slaughtered in the any-day-now End Times, ... Falun Gong members have been subject to some genuinely terrible ...
Aug 20, 2019 - ... exclusively learned that the popular conservative news site The Epoch Times is funded by a Chinese spiritual community called Falun Gong, ...
Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

I live in Florida, and in looking up the most recent projections for Dorian was a bit surprised to see to see landfall is being projected for a very specific area on Tuesday morning. The area - West Palm Beach.

If the reason for posting this here isn't quite clear, the spiral shape of hurricanes reminds me of what I consider an ancient symbol of the goddess. Soo.. the goddess is taking aim at Trump, in one of the only ways it could hurt - his personal property and income. 

Which gave me a little chuckle - even as we have to get the last panel of the storm shutters up today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Drew, read this whole thread beginning with the first post and your question will be answered. 

Yeah I gotta go off grid soon. But I guess I can speed read it. I'll let you know.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:01 PM, MooNiNite said:

Excel power is set to be over 50% powered by renewable energy by 2026. And 100% by 2050. And they are innovating at an unprecedented rate that wouldn't be possible if they were taxed to the ground.

https://www.xcelenergy.com/energy_portfolio/renewable_energy

Excel used to be NSP - Northern States Power. That renewable energy standard was only passed due to massive civil disobedience arrests. I got arrested in 1994 protesting against Excel (NSP) storing nuclear waste on the Mississippi River on a native indigenous reservation. The group Clean Water Action is the largest environmental lobby organization in Minnesota but they got fined by the IRS for being involved in these protests against Excel - for supposedly misusing deductible education donations for protesting against Excel (NSP). Then in 2000 I discovered my dad had been a laywer for NSP (excel) when the first nuclear power plant was opened - when I was conceived and born. The state attorney general was suing to increase the standards on allowed radiation emissions from the nuclear power plant. My dad had been the assistant attorney general (so a perfect hire for NSP-Excel). So I flew to Puerto Rico when I was 6 weeks old as part of a celebration vacation for my dad - after that lawsuit set a new national precedence that routine nuclear radiation emissions could not be regulated at a higher standard than the military-industrial complex standard.

So then I worked at Clean Water Action for 10 years - that renewable energy standard that you refer to in praising Excel was actually the "deal" - a trade off -  for allowing Excel to continue to store nuclear waste on the mississippi river.

http://nukewatchinfo.org/xcel-wants-to-run-48-yr-old-reactor-to-age-59-or-even-69/

Monticello’s notorious design type was also ignored by the MPR news report which failed to mention that the reactor is a General Electric “Mark 1”—the same design, built by the same manufacturer, as the four reactors that failed catastrophically at Fukushima-Daiichi in Japan on March 11, 2011. Fukushima’s red hot masses of melted metallic radioactive “corium” are still venting radiation to the air, and pouring radioactive cooling water into the Pacific, eight years after the disaster which resulted from the worst earthquake in recorded Japanese history.

Adding to the risk-taking at the 671-megawatt Monticello unit, are its power rate increases, which were also ignored by the MPR news story. In 1998, Xcel was permitted to boost its power output, allowing the company to run the reactor 6.3% hotter and harder. In 2013, in spite of its age, it was even permitted a second power rate increase, pushing the old jalopy an additional 12.9% beyond its originally licensed limit.

MPR’s report did make me howl once. On the air, the reporter noted that Xcel, Inc. had agreed to install additional solar and wind electric generation systems, and added that more solar and wind “is good for environmental groups.” Again, saying that environmental groups benefit is true, but like saying the surface of the sun is “hot,” it understates the case by orders of magnitude. More solar and wind power are good in general for everybody, and for all groups in general.

So I would say that it's too little too late.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 2:40 AM, Taomeow said:

Tao doesn't print money.  But it does base its functions on self-replication.  Who'd have guessed that this "virtue" of tao could be imitated to build replicators of dead things and get enslaved by them.  I'm pretty sure tao itself, if it had a head to scratch, would be doing just that looking at us.     

China actually was the FIRST to create paper money and its value was backed by  the "military" - of course. And this idea of replicating dead things as an "imitation" of the Dao - I don't get into the mathematical ritual origins of mass ritual sacrifice geometry - well at least to mention how the 10-based rod number counting system was imported into China, (just trying subtracting the Moon calendar from the Sun calendar using ideograms or whatever they're called).... haha. Yes as left-brain/right hand technology then took over with the plow-based patriarchy creating this illusion of "containing" infinity using numbers - a good book on this is:

Fiction, Famine, and the Rise of Economics in Victorian Britain and Ireland ... Mary Barton, Cranford, and North and South, and Charles Dickens's Bleak House.

So about this time when Egyptian hieroglyphs were being translated - suddenly Westerners had to change their idea of how geometry using phonetic based symbols was linked to numbers as Infinity to define money (and technological reproduction as "value").

Smith’s “theory of wealth and poverty developed out of his engagement with the philosophy of language” (p. 13). Human communication arose out of physical needs (p. 29), humans are characterized by a capacity for sympathy (p. 36), and humans trade both sentiment as well as goods (p. 44). To this, might be added the explicit case made by Smith in his Wealth of Nations for trade carried in language and governed by reciprocity (Smith 1776, p. 30)

So then the 60-based number system that was older was also more right brain dominant - with, for example "12" as they key from music theory for the small universe meditation as Daoist Neidan. So we can then see how the Western asian Chariot "Hub" culture moved into China - and began a Westernization with the printing of money and the loss of the Dao.

The greeks were the first to use a 10-based number currency though. And by then the "complementary opposites" math secret of Daoism - from music - was being rapidly lost and then replaced with a symmetric-based ideology of dualism as irrational magnitude, the so-called "Greek Miracle." This is so deeply entrenched in our minds that we hardly notice anymore.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, OldDog said:

This is a very delicate subject. On the surface Steve's assertion is shocking, outrageous ... And probably gets a lot of people's backs up. But I think it bears a little deeper discussion.

It is telling that the statement is qualified by ... in the US.  I would expect that Chistians outside of US might take exception to the assertion. But I think there is a bit of truth in the assertion. Let me suggest a way to think about this.

The current situation in the US began its rise in the early 1980s with the political coalescing of the Moral Majority. Christian communities had fairly strong sense of direction surrounding issues of morality ... public prayer, abortion, sexuality. This sense of Christian morality had served the country relatively well in terms of social behavioral guidelines and order. In many ways it was the US morality.

So, what happened? Some very astute politicians realized that Christians represented a voting block that was already consolidated around a set of values. They needed no convincing. All that was necessary was that a political party, regardless of its agenda, adopt these moral values, at least superficially, and a large block of voters would swing their way.

Ever since then, that political party has only had to agitate the moral block ... by way of threatening their core values ... in order to gain support each political cycle ... And their real agenda can ride the wave. So, every election cycle, the same "issues" arise ... prayer, religious imagery in public places, abortion, sexuality (now in the form of LGBT issues). Align these issues with American core values ... mom, Apple pie and the American flag ... And you have a very potent mixture indeed.

In this way, Christian moral authority has been usurped. As long as the political party is able to identify with morality ... It has the high ground. This is because it is sacreligious to question an established religion. This is a very powerful position.

Seen from this vantage point ... Steve's assertion makes sense. But where to place the fault. Is it Chistians that are at fault ... not from the point of view of a life guiding morality ... perhaps, though, by allowing themselves to be manipulated. Generally, as a country we (the US) share the blame for having allowed this situation to go unchallenged.  And certainly, there are those master manipulators,  who saw the potential and seized upon it.

Small wonder our founding fathers took steps to try and keep religion and governing separate. They just didn't figure on political parties being so ... Machiavellian. 

Just sayin.

I wrote a paper in my first year of college on the Christian church being complicit with the Nazis. Certainly there were outliers as activists but by in large the Church was part of the creation of the New World Neo-Nazi movement.

• Like 1

Ahh censorship. Now I get why the Biden supporters here are so idiotic, because they have the backing of the admin.

Feel free to delete my account.  I don't wish to be associated with hypocritical scum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shortstuff said:

Ahh censorship. Now I get why the Biden supporters here are so idiotic, because they have the backing of the admin.

Feel free to delete my account.  I don't wish to be associated with hypocritical scum.

They come off as idiotic because they have views that are unlike yours and the worst of politics is attacking those who don't share your reviews as idiots.  It's bad whether either side does it.  We all need to look out for it.  While one sided, I don't think the board is hypocritical because of, well, this thread, the owner clearly states his view and rules.  This is a eclectic philosophy board though, we're not supposed to be too hung up on politics, and do best when we see it through a philosophical lens and don't get personal.  That's been real hard lately.

Love it or hate it, the board's turned moderate and left, after a period of increasingly Alt-right posts.  Hopefully if one ignores 1 thread, that's in a side forum area, you won't see much politics.  The mods have been trying to keep it calm, and in the past month, believe it or not, we've cautioned and given more points to the zealotry on the Left, then on the Right. 

On the other hand, as a mod I've been more active on the political thread lately.  Maybe I shouldn't have.  It does give permission and too often things flow downhill.  I'm hoping the thread and politics simmer down. 

6 hours ago, shortstuff said:

Are you claiming the Admin here causes idiocy among the members ( who support someone other then Trump ! )  ...  and who are   'hypocritical scum '  ?

I wonder how admin would respond to that if they where now present ?

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

They come off as idiotic because they have views that are unlike yours and the worst of politics is attacking those who don't share your reviews as idiots.  It's bad whether either side does it.  We all need to look out for it.  While one sided, I don't think the board is hypocritical because of, well, this thread, the owner clearly states his view and rules.  This is a eclectic philosophy board though, we're not supposed to be too hung up on politics, and do best when we see it through a philosophical lens and don't get personal.  That's been real hard lately.

Love it or hate it, the board's turned moderate and left, after a period of increasingly Alt-right posts.  Hopefully if one ignores 1 thread, that's in a side forum area, you won't see much politics.  The mods have been trying to keep it calm, and in the past month, believe it or not, we've cautioned and given more points to the zealotry on the Left, then on the Right. 

On the other hand, as a mod I've been more active on the political thread lately.  Maybe I shouldn't have.  It does give permission and too often things flow downhill.  I'm hoping the thread and politics simmer down. 

I cant see it 'simmering down'  when some rouge poster  insults  and taunts in it , then comes here to further insult and taunt .

57 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I cant see it 'simmering down'  when some rouge poster  insults  and taunts in it , then comes here to further insult and taunt .

Rouge!  he was wearing rouge!  How very 18th Century - did he have a powdered wig too????

21 hours ago, Apech said:

Rouge!  he was wearing rouge!  How very 18th Century - did he have a powdered wig too????

mccarthy1.jpg&key=b2298609ee7114115dae42

Are you now , or have you ever  bean a spelling Nazi ?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

mccarthy1.jpg&key=b2298609ee7114115dae42

Are you now , or have you ever  bean a spelling Nazi ?

I am a recovering one.

They're 

Their and 

There 

Then and Than

Misused still cause me to see red.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I am a recovering one.

They're 

Their and 

There 

Then and Than

Misused still cause me to see red.

As for me, it makes me remember a song I like :)

Countless staring messages as mortal life reflection
As it's spelt out once or twice
But there's this whole understanding
And it's coming I guess-I know-
I hope that you can get into this
To this
I was there and then and then
You were there and then and then
We were there at the beginning of time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is funny that half the country has been in a bad relationship for four years and is getting out and the other half does not realize they were in a bad relationship.

Maybe Rump lives do actually suck ( not that it matters ) and if they have a leader that is the worst president in all of Americas history it will be way so much more better for them or more importantly the same....forever.

Maybe if things were able to get worse and keep their idol as president they could feel better about them selves, I don't know. Like my momma said crazy just gets way more crazy. On the upside Budweiser beer sales are through the roof which is good for the economy.

I say we just let them sleep this one off.

Disclaimer.... I have no attachment to politics... unless its funny, the tragedy is the comedy.