sean

No more right-wing bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Spotless said:

The so called Radical Left of today is basically the Republican of yesterday - my last post was no rant - it was a retort of a ridiculous quote based in sleep. A sleep that allows for the breeding of total insanity. 

Go back to sleep!

@ Spotless

Had to read it several times to make any sense of it. Are you saying that I am asleep and my quoted post is ridiculous? And was your retort meant to be funny in any way? Or was it meant to be angry? And do you really think that anybody will be moved in a positive way by reading it?

On 8/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, C T said:

.... the master appears. 

When he is steady,

the master disappears. 

:rolleyes:

Maybe I came back just in time.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

Well - I sure hope this kind of over the top ranting will not become the new standard here... :wacko:

I was ready to buy him around round? 👀  He's not wrong. And I think anger, while difficult to presence sometimes, is a pretty rational response to the current state of things. Refusing to douse or spiritually bypass natural "heart rage", might even lead us to explore how to funnel this energy coherently and compassionately into beneficial change.

Sean

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, rene said:

Hii Rene... welcome back!  :wub:

• Like 4

17 hours ago,  Yueya said: 

Trump is certainly the antithesis of the sage of the Daodejing.  I found it powerfully strange that some members, notably Dawei, like both the Daodejing and Trump. 

Dawei: If we were all sages, it would likely be a very boring site :)

11 hours ago, Yueya said:

However, Daoism isn’t the Dao. Although I personally find Trump obnoxious, my main interest at this late stage of my life is in understanding why the Dao throws up a Trump-like force. Could it be that our contemporary world is way out of harmony with Dao and the Trump ‘illness’ is a very visible aspect of Nature’s way of highlighting this profound imbalance? 

Dawei: I view it as simply the ten thousand arise in sundry ways.

As an aside, there have been 2-3 energetic shifts in the world in the last several years.  So I see there are some forces at work that many might not consider or feel. 

11 hours ago, Yueya said:

He’s a catalyst for change. And how that change plays out across the whole world is not something Trump or anyone else can control. If he’s powerful enough, he’ll cause deep chaos. And out of that chaos new life will eventually be born. The Dao is composed of polar forces (yin-yang) in continual motion and works by reversal. 

Dawei:   I've said before, I think he represents a reset on some level.  I generally agree with what your suggesting. 

Trump is not a reset - he is a replay - he is the epitome of replay - he is the face of ruin and deception - of the worst of Religion over and over again. The "Republican Party" of today in the USA is the face of complete decay and indecency. It is prostrating with your ass to the world and shamelessly wagging it in the face of all that has come before.

No - this is not some cleansing in a good sense - this is exercising depravity and teaching our children it is OK to grab pussy and laugh at killing and revel in a false Gods will - it is Idol worship - Devil Worship - it truly is the embracing of Sodom And Gomorrah and a repeat adnuseam. And everyone sitting with their hands under their legs looking at this as some sort of inevitable happening that is "good for us" is woefully detached from the inner teachings of this sites name sake.

A mentally ill person is at the helm of the worlds largest arsenal of Nuclear Weapons - we are allowing this to continue - it has not "just happened". Its not a lollipop convention - and many previously sane people are standing ever stronger behind ever increasing mental illnesses that our "commander in chief" has in the multiples without doubt or bias - he is certifiable.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Miffymog said:

It's worth going back a bit and reflecting on the fact your democracy gave you a choice of Trump or Clinton ...

No it didnt .

It gave me the choice of electing from a range of local individuals  and THEY got together and voted in our PM .

good / bad ...

representative ... of systems and society ...

edit

HOW ON EARTH IS SO MUCH ANTI-TRUMP RHETORIC ACCEPTABLE

Mhe .... its the way of things ... people accept much worse shit than that !     Like war, and high altitude carpet bombing  and locking up sick children behind razor wire .

Tell ya what , you work in refugee relocation and with torture victims and Amnesty International for a bit and then get back to me after that - about what people  'accept'  .

accept everything...

giphy.gif

edit 2

why are these extreme partisan views not banned?

Its been explained more than once in various ways .

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rene said:

Got a full quiver handy ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rene said:

Very nice to have you back.

Wow, what a fun week at the DaoBums!

:wub:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whats more worrisome than Trump are the substantial (and not diminishing) numbers lying in wait to be triggered by the things that he spews, either at rallies, in tweets, or fox news. Thank goodness only fox news give him the time of day. Providence is not fully lost after all. Imagine if only one of the many mainstream media outlets were pushing back against this heinous black tide that does not even spark the smallest glimmer of benevolent impulse. Just contrast his rally cries to stoke the already volatile emotions of his base,  with the cold, teleprompted address he half-heartedly read to the nation after the recent double mass shootings. It seems he is not even able to pretend to care. Holder of the highest office in the US, a position once respected worldwide, now reduced to being butts of jokes to some and a serious worry to many others. Hiding behind a facade thats impervious to empathy and compassion, he wants to make America great again. Worrisome indeed. 

• Like 4

The Watermelon King .

A man had entered a small kingdom on his travels, he had not been there before and was curious about the way they did things .

So he went to the market place .  As he walked  in through the entrance he noticed he was walking on an old worm out red carpet that went under a ceremonial arch and up to a throne. On the throne cushion was placed a watermelon.  And on the watermelon was crown.  A man was carefully polishing the throne, so the  traveller went up to him .

" What' s this about ?"

"This is our new  king . "

" What ?  The watermelon ? "

" Well, it wasn't always that way, we used to have a normal new  king.   He was a bit crazy and full of himself.   When he was made King  he demanded this carpet laid, this arch constructed and the throne built so he could sit here on market day and have the 15% tax he now demanded on all goods  traded left at his feet .

" So it was built and on the opening day, he arrived riding his horse and tried to ride through the arch, but it was too low and his crown was knocked off . Enraged at the insult he demanded the carpenter be bought  forward and his neck laid across the chopping block.

The man cried out ; " But your majesty, I was just following the instructions of the builder ! "

The king responded  " The perpetrators of this insult to the royal crown  and those responsible MUST  NOT  go unpunished . Off with his head !

Chop !

" Now, go and get the builder . "   The man was bought forward and his neck was laid across the chopping block .

The man cried out ; " But your majesty, I was just following the instructions of the palace architect  ! "

The king responded  " The perpetrators of this insult to the royal crown  and those responsible MUST NOT  go unpunished . Off with his head ! "

Chop !

Now, go and get the architect  . The man was bought forward and his neck was laid across the chopping block .

The man cried out ; " But your majesty, I was just following your own instructions and very specific measurements   ! "

The king responded  " The perpetrators of this insult to the royal crown  and those responsible MUST  NOT  go unpunished . Off with his head ! "

Chop !

The the King said  again " " The perpetrators of this insult to the royal crown  and those responsible MUST NOT go unpunished . Off with my head ! "   and laid his own neck across the chopping block .

Chop !

" Well, what where we to do  ?  We had no king . Someone in the crowd offered ' If the King was supposed to ride under the arch and sit upon the throne, let's just make the next person that passes under the arch be the King . So we agreed . And waited .... and waited  ...

"Then a passing cart full of produce lost its wheel and tipped over , the fruit and vegetables poured out and this lone watermelon rolled across the ground, along the carpet, under the arch and bumped up against the foot of the throne .  So we picked it up and placed it here . Now its our king . "

The traveller was incredulous, in all his travels he had never encountered such a stupid and ridiculous people, he had to ask ;

" But ... but  how on earth can you seriously justify having a watermelon as a king ?"

" Well, said the other man , since he has been king, no one has had their head chopped off , nor had to pay him 15 % tax . '

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Got a full quiver handy ?

Always.^_^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C T said:

with the cold, teleprompted address he half-heartedly read to the nation after the recent double mass shootings. 

:lol:  I know.  It looked like a hostage video, didn't it?  I even noticed that he seemed to make the fact that he was 'reading' pretty obvious to his supporters, what with the shifty eyes and a few word stumbles.

Whenever our president does something that befuddles everybody and seemingly has no apparent benefit to our country, I ask myself 'Would this make sense if Putin were doing it?'  Assuming that Putin's vision has always been to destroy the US, the answer is always 'yes'.

It occurs to me that the reason so many DB's are revolted by the current Administration (of the US, not the DB's!) is because the Administration is the antithesis to sagely behavior of a good leader.  A more unenlightened frame of mind, it would be difficult to imagine.  That's why it's been a bit of a puzzlement to me that a portion of the Bums argued the extreme right viewpoint.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

The “right” :

The Christians Who Blamed Hurricane Katrina on Sinners Are Very ...

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/.../the-christians-who-blamed-hurricane-katrina-on-...

Aug 29, 2017 - When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, there was no shortage of pastors who said it was just God’s wrath for the city’s sexual permissiveness. ... No Christian with a sizable following is blaming Texas for being too godless, too accepting of abortion, too tolerant of homosexuality ...

Gay people to blame for Hurricane Harvey, say evangelical Christian ...

https://www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas

Sep 6, 2017 - A number of Christian leaders have blamed LGBT people for causing Hurricane Harvey. Despite overwhelming evidence that supports climate change as a factor in the devastating storm and subsequent flooding, a handful of evangelical leaders have ludicrously suggested the LGBT ...

6 most absurd things the Christian right has blamed on gays | Salon.com

https://www.salon.com/.../6_most_absurd_things_the_christian_right_has_blamed_on...

Apr 11, 2014 - 6 most absurd things the Christian right has blamed on gays .... entered a classic in the genre when he blamed Hurricane Katrina's destruction ...

---

On a lighter note:

The Actor playing Jesus and the director were both hit by lightning during the shooting of Mel Gibson’s movie – The Passion of Christ

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3209223.stm

Not a word about God’s wrath or the odds of it happening – and it happened twice to the director during the shoot – just exactly what do you think the odds are of that happening??

God only knows...:rolleyes:

Someone asked in apparent seriousness "How on earth is so much anti-trump rhetoric acceptable?" and they put it is all caps so I think they were actually serious. 

Just in case you have not been near any media or listening devices for the past 50 years - or only local media and you live in a jungle - Trump said his followers would still be behind him even if he killed somebody in cold blood in the streets in the daylight - and they agreed.  Trump is a proud pussy grabbing pathological liar who demeans women, our country, our democracy and its foundations - a proud con-man, cheat and buddy of murderers and bullies abroad. 

He walks on the face of our strongest allies and shits on the best of humanity.  We have been so entirely easy on him it is ridiculous. 

And you do not have to be positioned in hate or malice or some lack of love to see it and understand it - he is dis-ease - a very sick human - a certifiable mentally ill person - leading a flock of nuts and a mob of fools. He is Everything in the making of a Hitler and the blind fools that Made Germany Great Again (NOT).

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Astonishing.

And very sad.

WTF is wrong with you people.

The spew from the right has been replaced with spew from the left.

The energy in your words is no less vile and destructive than the words of those you denegrate.

It is possible to clean your house without burning it down.

Best of luck, keep well, stay safe.

Peace Out.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, rene said:

@sean

Why the laughter?

I find the condescending pearl clutching of committed bothsidesism on the internet funny?

Sean

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, sean said:

I find the condescending pearl clutching of committed bothsidesism on the internet funny?

Sean

I was just about to ask her if she really thought they were the same - the above is perfect!

• Sad 1

I get that there's indignation in this topic that's unpleasant and we have started to veer into some brimstone ranting. It's only been about a week though, and for some it's the first time they've been able to express themselves without being brigaded for years. I would just ask that those of us on the fence with where this is all going be patient with your "captain" 😂 There will be some turbulence as I figure out how to even navigate this ship anymore. 🙏❤️

NBHTlNB.jpg

Sean

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sean said:

Sean

And now I'm laughing at your assumption that I embrace bothsidesism.

What I DO embrace is respectful dialogue, regardless of one's position held. Isn't that why the way of TDB was drug from the days of RON JEREMEY?

Ah..but those are times long gone. Also sad, that. 

IMO, of course.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, rene said:

And now I'm laughing at your assumption that I embrace bothsidesism.

What I DO embrace is respectful dialogue, regardless of one's position held. Isn't that why the way of TDB was drug from the days of RON JEREMEY?

Ah..but those are times long gone. Also sad, that. 

IMO, of course.

Wow. What a flashback. Crazy old RON. Screaming at us in all caps. ** Pours out some beer **

Not trying to assume, I apologize. Honestly rene, I'm sincerely all for respectful dialogue, maybe to a fault in ordinary circumstances. But I've become a bit live and let die with right-wingers on the internet specifically. Happy to have a civil chat with pretty much anyone in real life. But my online visage has grown rather full of piss and vinegar toward what I see as an escalating pattern of organized, aggressive ignorance. Waxing into an old curmudgeon in these old Appalachian mountains perhaps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

❤️

Sean

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's not so that people who appreciate respectful dialogue are simply because of that pro Trump. Neither are they necessarily asleep. I already warned of the danger of Trump (on another forum) way before he was elected, while I'm not even living in the US. My country was occupied by the Germans during the Second World War, so I'm well aware of the badness of Nazism. I wouldn't compare Trump to Hitler though, but more to authoritarian leaders like Erdogan or Putin. And actually I think more to Erdogan because of his over the top rhetoric, than than to Putin. This is bad enough. But lowering oneself to this style of rhetoric (or even worse) in battling Trump will do no good.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sean said:

Sean

Well, if bothsideism takes into consideration that what a lot of misinformed people call "Left" is closer to center right without actually being Left and "Right" is already Far Right (but none of them will ever admit that), then the concept of bothsideism might make sense...but it's a stretch. 

It's a stretch because it's a false comparison to equate all the shouting and vitriol, the stonewalling, and us versus them mentality as being the same thing because they come from a different place, where one promotes the philosophy of Otherness towards immigrants and Muslims or critics of their views, and the "opposite" (referring to center right with pop culture self-identifying but not actually being left) is mostly identifying what's wrong with that hateful rhetoric, although they do venture into some funny territory like saying all classic pieces of art pre-Wokeness (The Breakfast ClubArchie comics, Friends, and All in the Family to name a few) are nothing more than abortive filth. 

So no, bothsideism is false comparison and to equate the hateful rhetoric and subcultures that have become the norm from the Far Right is not ever going to be the same as what they call Left, even if both sides shout at each other.

Now please continue eliminating the self-serving logic and rationalization that makes people think it's okay to allow the horde of horrible peoples to parade such absurd ideas that equate white nationalism with not being racist and building a border wall with being humanitarian! I'm all for a better place for discourse than to have morbid drivel and misinformation (and even disinformation) so we can focus on Taoism and practice!

• Like 1