sean

No more right-wing bullshit.

8 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Changed my mind again, you big bully. (If you've ever played halo you should hear the insult in a grunts voice - humor, right?)

I know well your thoughts on the women's area, and it exists just because of such thoughts, and the manner in which we will be coerced and bullied into further submission.. even a woman's area wasn't "far enough" from your damn table, and even there you had to dominate. 

Yes, how very aweful of me to share a paper about feminism in the damn women's area. It got to the point where I basically withdrew to my ppd.

Hi ho cheerio, and hip hip hooray, the men will tell us what to do and say.

Unfortunate.    I keep out of those areas too .   Even though I have very strong opinions on it .

Women need a place to relate together  without interference .     Its another whole subject I dont get ; why men need to interfere with that .

I saw,  on tv doco , men being asked  ;  "What do you think of women ?"    .... some of the answers !   

I was watching with a woman friend and she  " Well, what do YOU think of women ?"

?    What sort of a question is that ?    I suppose the answer comes  from whatever present pre-occupation,  attraction or repulsion you are feeling about certain women  .   Most had some type of complaint . 

I found it a really hard question to answer .  I had to think really hard  ....  eventually ;

" I think they are one half of the human race . " 

I worked on an all woman crew for a while .. woman boss too .    (I mean, in the film industry - I have done that before, in nursing )  I was warned about the difficulty of working with them, the bossy woman in charge !    ( Ummmm ... guys .... she is the boss   :D  ) And all the nasty lesbians that work with her .   She asks me first min of day one if  I can taking directions from a woman. I say ; yes, if she is the boss and competent .  And she  " So you dont mind woman on top ? "

" Nope !  I am lazy , so hop on . "

and they laughed   .

The first day  4 times she asks me if I want to have a break a cuppa and a smoke , before lunch even . Eventually I gave up . okay okay, I will take a break then .   And she brings me a cup of tea ..  Then one of the lesbians  brings me out a snack  " I made these cakes "

Then I am getting cuppas , snacks,  offers of help ... 'Here I'll lift that for you ."  etc .   WTF .  But what nice young women !  Why are they being so nice to me ?

Maybe I still 'got it' ?

Then when I asked them about it   " Well, you are pretty old .  We dont want to wear you out till the jobs over "

HEY !     :angry: 

:D 

Spoiler

An old fav   :

Old guy goes up to young woman at a party " Where have you been all my life ?"

" Well, for most of it, I wasn't born yet. "

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, manitou said:

For a moment there I thought you were talking about the government. 

Can't say that wasn't in the back of my mind ... sort of subconscious ... maybe.  :rolleyes:

On 7/31/2019 at 6:49 PM, wandelaar said:

Thinking about it somewhat more the suggestion to simply close "The Pavilion" part of the forum looks like a less partisan solution to the problem. The general rule could then become that politics is no longer discussed on this forum unless explicitly in the context of Taoism and/or spirituality. I am afraid there is no simple and pain free way out of the dilemma, but shutting down "The Pavilion" might be the lesser evil.

There might be a solution to this dilemma, its just around the corner. My suggestion for the sake of all people that are interested in Daoism, Spirituality, Buddhism etc. is as follows and pertains to the owner.

I suggest transforming the "Personal Practice Discussion" (PPD) into "Personal Area" where everyone is free to express their own personal opinions, views on politics and pretty much anything else. Give everyone moderation option here so everyone can act as mods in their own space.

Everyone would be free comment on everyone else in their own space and also everyone is free to respond in everyone's space but if you stop respecting someone else's private space after they delete your content which they don't approve or just say you are unwelcome then a new rule that I would suggest is that board owner/admins disable the personal area for the person doing so.

In their own personal area people would be more free to express themselves just as they were off grid but also as long as they don't give in the hate or disrespect the board owner since having a personal area space would be considered a privilege and that alone should provoke at least respect toward the board owner. If someone repeatedly posts content in either personal area or the main forum that isn't approved by board owner admins or disrespects, insults, threatens them etc. should be banned. If you have a problem with house/forum rules then you are free to to create your own forum space where you can preach your own ideas and opinions but expecting to get more then someone gave you as if you have birth right to it is downright insane.

So far PPD has served more as a personal diary for people rather then a discussion area on personal practice's and I believe personal practice should belong more in the main part of the forum. If someone wants to write a personal diary they can just continue doing it in the "Personal Area" (or Personal Diary). This way people will start to focus more on the practice and respectful approach instead of expressing their personal opinions most of the time which are in fact just personal judgments which will lead to egomania, exactly what happened to this forum on a large scale.

The problem with topics on politics is that everyone sat at the same table and you just don't put cats and dogs all together. Having your own personal space where you can express or comment politics will attract like minded people which will create a friendly environment and keep the trolling at bay so this is one good thing about it.

Another suggestion to support the above since this is a Daoist, Buddhist & spiritual forum is that if members mostly start to post in the personal area on politics and therefore don't contribute on the forum with anything but their personal opinions on other stuff then it would be best if the mods just close the personal area for them since the forum isn't meant to be a forum on politics but a forum on spirituality. If this forum is a politics discussion forum rather then a spiritual one honestly I as a member will feel cheated on since I didn't sign up for that and I believe this is the case for every other member as well. Looking from the bright side doing so will make people focus more on the spiritual side of the forum and the main discussion area.

If people had a clear sense on what is the main focus here then there should be no problems, the only problem here was when everyone wanted to fit drama with spirituality and this just jibe together as we can witness from experience. If the forum really changes for the positive this will most probably be a deal breaker for everyone that got addicted to the ongoing drama for the past recent years and honestly if that is what is happening to you then you are spiritually stuck no matter how much you think highly of yourself and your practice. Still I think that most people no matter how they identify themselves as came here just as people and I think its great if someone that is a right wing is in search of spirituality since that is a huge rarity and its a rarity overall for people to pursue metaphysics. All it takes to have a belief in something is to see the good about it and that's all, this is how it works for everyone. I'm saying this because there are quite a few members of this forum that are quite advanced in their practice and even tho they have their political views different than being far left they are definitely not from yesterday and are worth hearing out  especially on topics like meditation. There will most probably be a lot of younger people joining the forum in search for knowledge with some prior views on politics so I would rather have an open heart for them as everybody can change, there is always a possibility for that.

There was a claim here that politics is somewhat hard wired with spirituality, I'd really like to hear how this goes for you since that oughta say you have quite stable spiritual background, you know experiences in silencing the internal dialogue, visiting other realms, having contact with entities, knowing your lineage, God, Tao etc. If not well then you might consider chilling out with politics because how you deal with all these metaphysical concepts determines your path and if you are busy with just earthly matters you will hardly get anywhere regarding these topics. My personal choice is regarding these matters is freedom, freedom to perceive everything possible while retaining my humanity and being my true self. The concept of freedom comes from the higher realms and unfortunately here on earth is just abused by the mind since egomania is twisting it just as it does to the concept of love and so far whichever political option supports the concept of freedom in a peaceful way gets my voice since I know it originally comes from the heart.

I want to say something about Trump and what he did so far that nobody else mentioned here. His main influence is that he made most of the people in US fight each other, people fight in their homes, families, streets, internet etc the brawl is just everywhere. Why? Because he never intended to bring people together that's why. Simply put all that energy that is wasted on the fights is wasted on the persona of Trump. For everyone that got hooked on it my suggestion is to save energy for the better and focus on that and things will just slowly fit where they belong to and since we all influence each other energetically this will slowly change the world but if we just give ourselves to egomania and hate we will just partake in it.

Racism develops when too much emphasis is given to any group whatever it is about. Its the very root of egomania, egocentrism and pride and its a universal issue not just a earthly political one. To stop it you must intend to be silent you must stop your internal dialogue, just being smart is not enough.

In the end however is to be on this forum will be shown effective or not and so far things changed as they didn't work out as supposed its obvious not everyone was happy and this should concern you if you are friendly and want to share the good with people.

Well that's about it regarding suggestions! :D

Edited by Wizz
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, sean said:

Transphobia

A word, and an insidious agenda, that the radical left have invented and forced upon the general populace as of late.

There is, has been, and only ever will be, two genders. Regardless of your political (or non-political) stance.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

A word, and an insidious agenda, that the radical left have invented and forced upon the general populace as of late.

There is, has been, and only ever will be, two genders. Regardless of your political (or non-political) stance.

Fa'afafine are people who identify themselves as having a third-gender or non-binary role in Samoa, American Samoa and the Samoan diaspora. A recognized gender identity/gender role in traditional Samoan society, and an integral part of Samoan culture, fa'afafine are assigned male at birth, and explicitly embody both masculine and feminine gender traits in a way unique to Polynesia. Their behaviour typically ranges from extravagantly feminine to conventionally masculine.

Sorry man, ain't true want you write, though maybe that's how it looks in the part of the world you occupy. (Except through the eyes of your trans neighbor/coworker/extended family member, I would guess)

I had seen a documentary about fa'afafine when I was about 18, but it wasn't till much later when I lived in New Zealand and had a Maori roommate take umbrage at my ignorance that I realized this gender category is very old, established, and real to those to whom it is, well... old, established, and real. My then- roommate spoke just as plainly and firmly about the whole thing as you just did, and trust me she was no radical leftist nor even politically correct.

P.S. I am on the radical left and I confess that I do not know what to think about many aspects of transexuality. 

Damn, I just turned your world upside down... TWICE!

Guess that means now it's right side up, though, so I'ma consider that mission accomplished, provided your wedgie-tight conclusions have loosened up just a tiggity-tad. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wizz said:

There might be a solution to this dilemma, its just around the corner. My suggestion for the sake of all people that are interested in Daoism, Spirituality, Buddhism etc. is as follows and pertains to the owner.

I suggest transforming the "Personal Practice Discussion" (PPD) into "Personal Area" where everyone is free to express their own personal opinions, views on politics and pretty much anything else. Give everyone moderation option here so everyone can act as mods in their own space.

Everyone would be free comment on everyone else in their own space and also everyone is free to respond in everyone's space but if you stop respecting someone else's private space after they delete your content which they don't approve or just say you are unwelcome then a new rule that I would suggest is that board owner/admins disable the personal area for the person doing so.

In their own personal area people would be more free to express themselves just as they were off grid but also as long as they don't give in the hate or disrespect the board owner since having a personal area space would be considered a privilege and that alone should provoke at least respect toward the board owner. If someone repeatedly posts content in either personal area or the main forum that isn't approved by board owner admins or disrespects, insults, threatens them etc. should be banned. If you have a problem with house/forum rules then you are free to to create your own forum space where you can preach your own ideas and opinions but expecting to get more then someone gave you as if you have birth right to it is downright insane.

So far PPD has served more as a personal diary for people rather then a discussion area on personal practice's and I believe personal practice should belong more in the main part of the forum. If someone wants to write a personal diary they can just continue doing it in the "Personal Area" (or Personal Diary). This way people will start to focus more on the practice and respectful approach instead of expressing their personal opinions most of the time which are in fact just personal judgments which will lead to egomania, exactly what happened to this forum on a large scale.

The problem with topics on politics is that everyone sat at the same table and you just don't put cats and dogs all together. Having your own personal space where you can express or comment politics will attract like minded people which will create a friendly environment and keep the trolling at bay so this is one good thing about it.

Another suggestion to support the above since this is a Daoist, Buddhist & spiritual forum is that if members mostly start to post in the personal area on politics and therefore don't contribute on the forum with anything but their personal opinions on other stuff then it would be best if the mods just close the personal area for them since the forum isn't meant to be a forum on politics but a forum on spirituality. If this forum is a politics discussion forum rather then a spiritual one honestly I as a member will feel cheated on since I didn't sign up for that and I believe this is the case for every other member as well. Looking from the bright side doing so will make people focus more on the spiritual side of the forum and the main discussion area.

If people had a clear sense on what is the main focus here then there should be no problems, the only problem here was when everyone wanted to fit drama with spirituality and this just jibe together as we can witness from experience. If the forum really changes for the positive this will most probably be a deal breaker for everyone that got addicted to the ongoing drama for the past recent years and honestly if that is what is happening to you then you are spiritually stuck no matter how much you think highly of yourself and your practice. Still I think that most people no matter how they identify themselves as came here just as people and I think its great if someone that is a right wing is in search of spirituality since that is a huge rarity and its a rarity overall for people to pursue metaphysics. All it takes to have a belief in something is to see the good about it and that's all, this is how it works for everyone. I'm saying this because there are quite a few members of this forum that are quite advanced in their practice and even tho they have their political views different than being far left they are definitely not from yesterday and are worth hearing out  especially on topics like meditation. There will most probably be a lot of younger people joining the forum in search for knowledge with some prior views on politics so I would rather have an open heart for them as everybody can change, there is always a possibility for that.

There was a claim here that politics is somewhat hard wired with spirituality, I'd really like to hear how this goes for you since that oughta say you have quite stable spiritual background, you know experiences in silencing the internal dialogue, visiting other realms, having contact with entities, knowing your lineage, God, Tao etc. If not well then you might consider chilling out with politics because how you deal with all these metaphysical concepts determines your path and if you are busy with just earthly matters you will hardly get anywhere regarding these topics. My personal choice is regarding these matters is freedom, freedom to perceive everything possible while retaining my humanity and being my true self. The concept of freedom comes from the higher realms and unfortunately here on earth is just abused by the mind since egomania is twisting it just as it does to the concept of love and so far whichever political option supports the concept of freedom in a peaceful way gets my voice since I know it originally comes from the heart.

I want to say something about Trump and what he did so far that nobody else mentioned here. His main influence is that he made most of the people in US fight each other, people fight in their homes, families, streets, internet etc the brawl is just everywhere. Why? Because he never intended to bring people together that's why. Simply put all that energy that is wasted on the fights is wasted on the persona of Trump. For everyone that got hooked on it my suggestion is to save energy for the better and focus on that and things will just slowly fit where they belong to and since we all influence each other energetically this will slowly change the world but if we just give ourselves to egomania and hate we will just partake in it.

Racism develops when too much emphasis is given to any group whatever it is about. Its the very root of egomania, egocentrism and pride and its a universal issue not just a earthly political one. To stop it you must intend to be silent you must stop your internal dialogue, just being smart is not enough.

In the end however is to be on this forum will be shown effective or not and so far things changed as they didn't work out as supposed its obvious not everyone was happy and this should concern you if you are friendly and want to share the good with people.

Well that's about it regarding suggestions! :D

Your point practically transcends every possible obstacle of the  mind and it's reasons to be pro or against any wordly matters,  no matter how creative it could be. 😀

The effect of your words is a relief, calm, warm and light feeling, a solution to the urge to protect the already established wall/fence/shield of the personal belief system, no matter what it is. 💚

Edited by HorizonLight
  • Like 1

You lefties really are something else. Common sense and reasoning have no part in your world.

As for 'turning my world upside down TWICE', if that's what you think, then congratulations on your success. Give yourself a pat on the back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

You lefties really are something else. Common sense and reasoning have no part in your world.

As for 'turning my world upside down TWICE', if that's what you think, then congratulations on your success. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Why are you still here?

11 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

1. Chilllllllll, Winston. 

2. My back feels great now. Did you know patting yourself on the back is an important part of shougong in certain Longmen practices? Sure is.

3. Serious question: why are you certain the definitions you inherited from your culture and language are more accurate than those Polynesians inherit from their culture and language? 

4. You are a deep admirer of Deci Belle's wise posts, non? Why do you ask her for her thoughts on this, mon cheri

5. P.S., Did you know your taint is actually a vestigial vulva? 

6. P.P.S., Well, it is. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

I had no idea your politics were different from mine, but from what I recall, we got along fairly well in some posts when talking about internal power. 

I believe it is possible to get along, but the probability is questionable, given how very strong views on certain subjects divide people and have done so the past couple years. 

If you stick around here, I'm happy to still discuss that with you since we haven't had any beef with each other.

I'd like to hope others who stick around can do the same with other members on topics they can see eye-to-eye on too. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unnecessarily bringing in political issues can destroy otherwise healthy and productive discussions about Taoism and spirituality. There are (or should I say were) some definitely right-wing Bums here on the forum who had much valuable things to say regarding Taoism and spirituality. It is my opinion that in such cases it is much better to leave politics out and have a fruitful discussion, than to bring politics in and end with name-calling and disturbed relations. Political discussions should be handled with extreme care, or when the participants ain't capable of that better be left out completely. There are more than enough non-spiritual forums on the internet where out-of-control political discussions can be held. 

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I had no idea your politics were different from mine, but from what I recall, we got along fairly well in some posts when talking about internal power. 

I believe it is possible to get along, but the probability is questionable, given how very strong views on certain subjects divide people and have done so the past couple years. 

If you stick around here, I'm happy to still discuss that with you since we haven't had any beef with each other.

I'd like to hope others who stick around can do the same with other members on topics they can see eye-to-eye on too. 

Hello Earl Grey

I've always appreciated our correspondence and hopefully that will continue. My political stance is that I am against all forms of governmental authority. Whether right, left or centre, I find it all divisive. I only try to focus on common sense, not political bias. I don't wish to be forced into writing only 'left-friendly' posts. Opinions are going to differ, that's what makes discussion forums so interesting. It would be good to think that people who aren't politically polarised can still contribute to this forum.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walker said:

3. Serious question: why are you certain the definitions you inherited from your culture and language are more accurate than those Polynesians inherit from their culture and language? 

4. You are a deep admirer of Deci Belle's wise posts, non? Why do you ask her for her thoughts on this, mon cheri

3. The genatalia I was born with determined my gender. Hermaphrodites are the only exception to this.

4. Deci Belle posted about Taoist Internal Alchemy, not political issues. She probably would be horrified the way things have turned out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

Hello Earl Grey

I've always appreciated our correspondence and hopefully that will continue. My political stance is that I am against all forms of governmental authority. Whether right, left or centre, I find it all divisive. I only try to focus on common sense, not political bias. I don't wish to be forced into writing only 'left-friendly' posts. Opinions are going to differ, that's what makes discussion forums so interesting. It would be good to think that people who aren't politically polarised can still contribute to this forum.

The feeling is mutual. You've also had a lot of tact and respect, and as a fellow martial artist, I can appreciate that.

It's a pity that these complexities and nuances are hard to see with words on a screen. I only needed a few posts from you when discussing Liuhebafa and internal power for Yi Quan that let me see you are one of the few here who has had quality instruction and exposure. 

Some of my friends from other systems have politics opposite of mine, but when we have friendly training sessions or even friendly competition, it's easy to forget what we vote for because we just see each other as someone we can rely on for a little help if life is in a crisis, someone to offer a couch if marital problems are causing strife, faces who smile when they know you're doing well because they genuinely care, and those who save you a seat at the pub and drag you away from the cashier so they can treat you for drinks and dinner. 

If I ever cross paths with you offline, am more than happy to have some friendly tui shou and buy you a pint of whatever you fancy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Bye bye. 👋

Transphobia is an instant ban.

This isn't even "left politics". It's science, it's an understanding of the always fluid, social nature of language, and perhaps most importantly it's just basic respect for other human beings and the diversity of human identity.

Discussing transgender nuance lovingly, respectfully and intelligently is 👍. Enlighten yourself outside this forum beforehand. YouTube is generally awful but I might suggest checking out ContraPoints for a beautiful and highly entertaining education.

Sean

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Wizz said:

Hi Wizz.   Haven't chatting for a while but nice to see you.

In the current way the PPDs are setup, people can use their PPDs to express their own opinions (if they stay within the rules) and they are a moderator in their own space.  They can hide or delete another's posts.  

6 hours ago, Wizz said:

that first part has sometimes become dicky.  Let's say I start a thread on why Wizz is wrong but I then delete any post you made.  Sounds like you want to stop a person from having hide and delete ?

Disabling a person from another's PPD would be possible but it will fall to the staff to oversee, enforce, and effect all these actions. Historically, PPDs were a safe haven for the owner and unless a report was submitted, staff tended to stay out of their space (unless staff came across some rule issue).    So the more freedom we give and then also the more restriction on another level may simply be more work on staff; then multiple by the # of PPDs. 

6 hours ago, Wizz said:

In their own personal area people would be more free to express themselves just as they were off grid but also as long as they don't give in the hate or disrespect the board owner since having a personal area space would be considered a privilege and that alone should provoke at least respect toward the board owner. If someone repeatedly posts content in either personal area or the main forum that isn't approved by board owner admins or disrespects, insults, threatens them etc. should be banned.

I would think that is currently the case.   Do what you want with your PPD, within the rules.   Seems you went from disabling a person disrespecting another's space to banning them.   Either way, staff gets involved.   I'd go the former unless they are posting against the rules.

6 hours ago, Wizz said:

Personally, I think folks should do what they want with their PPD.  There is a nice range of usage.  Ilum has used it to bring people together, for example. 

Anyways, some good thoughts.  I don't really want to debate them so much but try to give some idea to functional possibility.  I leave their future to the future.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Personally, I think folks should do what they want with their PPD.  There is a nice range of usage.  Ilum has used it to bring people together, for example. 

And I'm quite happy with ppd's just as they are. 

(((hugs dawei))) thanks for all of your help with the subforums in my ppd

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dawei said:

In the current way the PPDs are setup, people can use their PPDs to express their own opinions (if they stay within the rules) and they are a moderator in their own space.  They can hide or delete another's posts. 

Nothing would change here this is what I meant, a mod in their own space which can't ban anyone but can delete or hide posts. I would add a new rule suggestion that only people that have their own PPD opened up can post in that area while other members of the forum that didn't request a PPD can just read there but not post. I believe this is OK.

2 hours ago, dawei said:

that first part has sometimes become dicky.  Let's say I start a thread on why Wizz is wrong but I then delete any post you made.  Sounds like you want to stop a person from having hide and delete ?

Disabling a person from another's PPD would be possible but it will fall to the staff to oversee, enforce, and effect all these actions. Historically, PPDs were a safe haven for the owner and unless a report was submitted, staff tended to stay out of their space (unless staff came across some rule issue).    So the more freedom we give and then also the more restriction on another level may simply be more work on staff; then multiple by the # of PPDs.

You don't seem to get what I meant. Owner and Admins/Staff do the banning part and moderate accordingly if someone breaks the forum rules be it either in PPD or whichever part of the forum, its their job. More work? I wouldn't say so since PPD is mostly report free since everyone is mostly respecting each others privacy which will help if politics get to be allowed only in that part of the forum and not on the main forum. This way we will minimize the reports on politics to the main staff so they will have more work on administrating the main forum.

Look at this way when people are allowed only to talk about politics in their own private space most of the people that have a PPD won't even engage in it and the only reason everyone got engaged discussing politics that much in the main forum is because everyone started trolling each other since they liked fighting each other. This created toxicity.

2 hours ago, dawei said:

I would think that is currently the case.   Do what you want with your PPD, within the rules.   Seems you went from disabling a person disrespecting another's space to banning them.   Either way, staff gets involved.   I'd go the former unless they are posting against the rules.

If a person is rude to the owner Sean after getting a chance to have a PPD then the person should be banned. PPD is not just free given to new members but you get it on request after having a certain amount of posts for new members. Likewise I would also suggest adding a rule that if you are only to post in PPD about random stuff and don't contribute to Daoism, Buddhism or whatever your practice is - which IMO should belong to the main forum as this is a discussion forum then you get your personal area closed for the time being until you engage more in the main forum so you can again request a PPD.

For example if your last 300 posts are about politics and few posts about your opinion on practices then I don't really get what is your membership about here..

2 hours ago, dawei said:

I meant disrespecting Sean. New rule I suggested in PPD would be if you create a thread in your own PPD on why is some person wrong and if this person writes something on your PPD topic that you don't like and you delete his posts because of it, and still continues to post after seeing the delete, or if he continues to post after you say to him he's not welcome then you just report him to the staff (or no report but staff does it themselves after seeing the rule break) and he just gets his PPD closed for future use and can't post there anymore. Also if a person breaks major forum rules then he/she is supposed to be banned from the forum just like on any other forum. That was my point.

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Exactly my thoughts on bringing people together, Ilum is a great example for doing so, just imagine friends talk politics in PPD's in a similar fashion.

Sure do what you want but if you want to create a complete miniforum in your own PPD then maybe its time you create your own forum instead. The whole point of what I said was to sort of more focus on practices and experiences of people rather then focusing so much on debating on various topics such as politics. Those are just some basic ideas, its not perfect and can be further developed but I believe its a fair compromise.

The sad truth is that people want drama and don't really want solutions since drama is their life, change that and they won't like since they got addicted to it but in my opinion it is for their own benefit.

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Hi Wizz.   Haven't chatting for a while but nice to see you.

Nice seeing you too :)

Edited by Wizz
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wizz said:

Sure do what you want but if you want to create a complete miniforum in your own PPD then maybe its time you create your own forum instead.

It's a little town in the much larger world of the Dao Bums, and, as the "sheriff" of the little town, I get to maintain the peace as I see fit, with the guidance of a trusty deputy. :ph34r:

This is the only site I frequent, and the only forum I have participated on in a few years. I like it here, and the only way I'm leaving is if somebody manages to torch my happy little town, and even then my departure would be questionable. 

Don't like a "mini forum", then don't visit it. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

It's a little town in the much larger world of the Dao Bums, and, as the "sheriff" of the little town, I get to maintain the peace as I see fit, with the guidance of a trusty deputy. :ph34r:

This is the only site I frequent, and the only forum I have participated on in a few years. I like it here, and the only way I'm leaving is if somebody manages to torch my happy little town, and even then my departure would be questionable. 

Don't like a "mini forum", then don't visit it. 

I believe nobody here would want this to happen to you. What I want you to consider is that this is Sean's forum and he's paying for it while you are having a free ride here just like everyone else. You can create your own forum without leaving no worries it was just a suggestion since I believe everyone should have their own forum if they are interested in spirituality.

There was a guy here that had 1000 post but didn't know who's the forum owner until just recently, this is just like getting drunk without knowing who's paying for the drinks. You just gotta love this forum :D

As for the mini forum I meant - all the topics and subsets of the whole forum in small subset format. Is that the case here with PPD's? If so then maybe PPD is a completely wrong name for that space, in fact it seems quite misleading and prone to interpretations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wizz said:

I believe nobody here would want this to happen to you. What I want you to consider is that this is Sean's forum and he's paying for it while you are having a free ride here just like everyone else. You can create your own forum without leaving no worries it was just a suggestion since I believe everyone should have their own forum if they are interested in spirituality.

Let's just ask him. Sean would you prefer I left and started my own forum due to the size of my ppd?

• Like 1

P.S. Once upon a time, I did have a nice little site.. and then I wandered off. Offline completely actually - for a number of years

I often find those with the most words are those who leave the least room for the possibility of their words being in error, or the possibility they're presenting false assumptions.

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Let's just ask him. Sean would you prefer I left and started my own forum due to the size of my ppd?

You do it because I already know he's a real gentleman that will never turn down a fine woman like you no matter your ppd size is :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1