sean

No more right-wing bullshit.

2 hours ago, ralis said:

‘I think it is past his bedtime. 

Ni night time      :)

Ahhh .... many a 'curious ' conversation I have had with 'our Moonie'  .     

13 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

I'm not a US citizen, how do I know if I'm leftist enough according to this new rule? 

You dont have to be left enough .   You can even be right .

Just dont  write no more  right wing bullshit .

Its pretty clear ... if you read the words , and dont imagine stuff  into them  .

When you start imagining stuff ...... monsters grow out of that  ;)

MBC149.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The topic of the thread is No More Right-Wing Bullshit.

The focus in my initial post was on the mods I addressed is their interpretation of free speech allowed abusive language and posting of unethical things like you did, which you and others benefited from more than others.

The focus of addressing them was one-off and to leave it at that, but as you see, the mod who was your guardian angel, escalated it.

Now stop because I have already exhausted my three message limit on the matter as stated above and don't want to derail this thread!

IN KEEPING WITH THE TOPIC:

the Right-Wing bullshit on this forum was based on a very loose and terrible interpretation of free speech and fake diversity at the expense of ethics and a lot of people making up their own version of the Tao, which seems very odd for them to support Trump or to spontaneously (no pun intended) come up with their own enlightenment or rules and make up their own self-serving logic and ethics.

Such self-serving logic and self-serving ethics allowed a lot of decidedly non-Taoist practices and more New Age dichotomies to flourish here.

Those New Age dichotomies may use quotes from the TTC and somehow supercede the common practices, ethics, and understanding of Taoism, but they are not Taoism.

"If you can talk about it, it ain't the Tao. If it has a name, it's just another thing. Tao doesn't have a name. Names are for ordinary things." - Ron Hogan translation of Tao Te Ching, Modern Tao Te Ching

As stated above, some people benefited more from the old admin than others, and others less so, in particular, actual Taoists who were forced off the forum like flowing hands.

Flowing Hands' sin was protecting us from a potential scam and that same mod team decided he was violating forum roles for "making a personal attack on a member [albeit inactive]". 

The logic the mod team used was in their words meant to "promote diversity of views and voices on the forum" and as you can see with Flowing Hands and my grievance, everyone, exactly who is being protected? What kind of fake diversity are they promoting when the loudest voices are the ones who are most questionable, from the Right-Wing to the unethical?

Looking forward to a better admin hopefully. 

Your over a dozen interactions start with an insult and then you end with “this is a one off thing, I’m out”.  

Then I politely reply and you follow up with an insult and claim I’m the one dragging the conversation.

And if I’m lucky you won’t end your message with a following insult. 

Same cycle over and over. Mods step in to stop the attacks, as I won’t steep to that level.

This time I found myself being called a thief and irresponsible in a huge random post (Right Wing post?). 

Back to the topic. 

Maybe if @Sean vetted people (as suggested by past teachers who have left) then maybe we wouldn’t have this “bullshit”.

For example, my full identity as well as address of home/clinical qigong clinic is on this forum. The only thing missing is a phone number.

I would present myself exactly how I would in my clinic. 

Anonymous accounts allow people to do things they wouldn’t do when their identity is visible and credibility on stake. Hopefully something like that would wean out most of the problems.

Edited by Qiway
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Qiway said:

Your over a a dozen interactions start with an insult and then you end with “this is a one off thing, I’m out”.  

Then I politely reply and you follow up with an insult and claim I’m the one dragging the conversation.

And if I’m lucky you won’t end your message with a following insult. 

Same cycle over and over.

This time I found myself being called a thief and irresponsible in a huge random post. 

Back to the topic. 

Maybe if @Sean vetted people (as suggested by past teachers who have left) then maybe we wouldn’t have this “bullshit”.

For example, my full identity as well as address of home/clinical qigong clinic is on this forum. The only thing missing is a phone number.

I would present myself exactly how I would in my clinic. 

Anonymous accounts allow people to do things they wouldn’t do when their identity is visible and credibility on stake. Hopefully something like that would wean out most of the problems.

Quit posting on this matter here, as I already stopped in my last message (and wanted to say only one message until s1va kept bringing it up trying to have the final word).

STAY ON TOPIC. 

You are imagining insults I never said for calling a duck a duck. I didn't once call you any names, as I only pointed out the unethical practice of what your'e doing. As I said, I don't have time to waste or go beyond my three-message limit for arguing with people, this is my second reply to your second message. I posted one message and s1va escalated it and posted multiple responses, including one that undid his apology right after the apology.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chiinnaturecom/select-stateprovince/chiinnaturecom-mak-jo-si-aka-herman-mak-victim-of-fraud-fake-talisman-does-not-work-mar-1112052

http://www.scamion.com/chi-in-nature-91

In honor of Flowing Hands, here's scam information which interestingly enough, includes contact info in the forms of address and phone number of Mak Jo Si. 

May the new admin not allow this and not protect known scammers in the name of "free speech and diversity", or in other words, protecting business interests rather than the safety and well-being of members.

DROP YOUR ENGAGEMENT WITH ME NOW, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FAR-RIGHT BULLSHIT AND THE OLD ADMIN WHO GAVE SILENT CONSENT AT BEST BY SAYING NOTHING, OR CONTRIBUTED TO IT AS WELL THROUGH THEIR OWN HYPOCRISY, IGNORANCE, AND BIGOTRY, WHICH YOU BENEFITED FROM BY THEM VIEWING YOUR UNETHICAL POST AS FREE SPEECH.

Edited by Earl Grey

15 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Quit posting on this matter here, as I already stopped in my last message (and wanted to say only one message until s1va kept bringing it up trying to have the final word.

STAY ON TOPIC. 

You are imagining insults I never said for calling a duck a duck. I didn't once call you any names, as I only pointed out the unethical practice of what your'e doing. As I said, I don't have time to waste or go beyond my three-message limit for arguing with people, this is my second reply to your second message. I posted one message and s1va escalated it and posted multiple responses, including one that undid his apology right after the apology.

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chiinnaturecom/select-stateprovince/chiinnaturecom-mak-jo-si-aka-herman-mak-victim-of-fraud-fake-talisman-does-not-work-mar-1112052

http://www.scamion.com/chi-in-nature-91

In honor of Flowing Hands, here's scam information which interestingly enough, includes contact info in the forms of address and phone number of Mak Jo Si. 

May the new admin not allow this and not protect known scammers in the name of "free speech and diversity", or in other words, protecting business interests rather than the safety and well-being.

DROP YOUR ENGAGEMENT WITH ME NOW, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FAR-RIGHT BULLSHIT AND THE OLD ADMIN WHO GAVE SILENT CONSENT AT BEST BY SAYING NOTHING, OR CONTRIBUTED TO IT AS WELL THROUGH THEIR OWN HYPOCRISY, IGNORANCE, AND BIGOTRY, WHICH YOU BENEFITED FROM BY VIEWING YOUR UNETHICAL POST AS FREE SPEECH.

You called me and the system I teach out in a right wing thread. In your first message here you accused me of piracy, in my books that means I’m being accused of stealing/thief. 

Then you don’t like it when I show how can one master copyright an art when another published it half a century earlier? Even though I’m in the lineage of both.

Don’t drop accusations especially trying to lump me and the system in a right wing thread (dirty tactics to tarnish someone’s reputation and the lineage masters) and then use the “last message and I’m out tactic”. 

Be responsible for what you say if you’re calling someone out. 

If you don’t want a simple one message response then simply don’t call someone out as a thief.

Maybe we can agree to disagree and shake on it. Unless you decide to publicly call me out as a thief again.

Wishing you the best on your path 🙏

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Qiway said:

Maybe we can agree to disagree and shake on it. Unless you decide to publicly call me out as a thief again.

In the interest of this thread, I will accept this. 

Shake.

I do not agree and have many reasons not to agree with you and dispute what you say with my own lineages. 

But I will recognize your good intentions even if I do not agree. 

Good luck to you too. 

Shake. 

Back to topic and third message limit reached. 

I have no interest in politics and polarized views so I am loving the whole no more right wing bullshit. We have members from across the globe so we should be a bit more progressive and not consumed by american politics it is embarrassing.Consumerism is very american and it is consuming Tao Bums. Being open minded, live and let live that is very TDB to me.

• Like 5

OK reading through this thread, haven't finished yet, I think we all agree that politics has become polarised to an extreme. Some might suggest this is a game plan which both sides seem happy to fuel but it's obviously at the price of real debate and discussion. I don't have the answer other than perhaps continue the discussion as respectfully as possible and find the common ground. 

Before anybody points the finger at me, for my Brexit Thread, I think most would consede that I've kept my comments on the appropriate thread. Of course there has also been the polarisation of men against women which to be fair only exists because of feminism itself as most people are cool with women's rights. 

So what am I saying? Nothing! I don't really have an opinion other than something is very wrong here and I almost vanished months back and rarely comment here much any more.

I think if people can't shape-up then maybe just pull-the-plug but that would be a shame and 'Marbles' memory would be disrespected. 

So what would Marble Head do in this situation? 

• Like 2

We had some topics about the Trump-topics and what to do about them some time ago, maybe some relevant comments of Marblehead can still be found there?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

I'm not a US citizen, how do I know if I'm leftist enough according to this new rule?

Curious, where are you from if you don't mind sharing?

In any case, like I've said, you don't have to be left at all, but if you find yourself wanting to defend or engage in any of the following, you're probably too far-right:

• Racism
  • Sexism
  • Ableism

• Misogyny
  • Homophobia
  • Transphobia
  • Fascism (e.g. Neo-Nazism, white-nationalism, ultranationalism, etc)
  • Rape and sexual assault apologia
  • Police brutality apologia
  • Xenophobia, anti-immigrant rhetoric
  • Climate change denial

Sean

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sean said:

While in my experience the reactionary right emphatically take the cake on antisocial rhetoric and hate-speech, I'm curating self-evident "nopes" applicable regardless of your politics.

A non-exhaustive list of "nopes", both in the specific and as a pattern, in no special order:

• Racism
  • Sexism
  • Ableism

• Misogyny
  • Homophobia
  • Transphobia
  • Fascism (e.g. Neo-Nazism, white-nationalism, ultranationalism, etc)
  • Rape and sexual assault apologia
  • Police brutality apologia
  • Xenophobia, anti-immigrant rhetoric
  • Climate change denial

Let's debate these one by one and see what transpires? 

Racism:

Yes we don't like groups of people being picked on but who would draw any distinction and for what purpose? This is a tricky one as the current temperature is high but are we to celebrate our differences or bow to the idea of an homogenised society? The problem is the tendency, by some, to highlight the negatives instead of the positives. Anyway we all agree on the crux of this one, obviously! 

Sexism:

This is almost in the same league as racism but to be honest it may have a cultural bias which needs to be considered. The facts are undeniable, men and women are different but complimentary so what's the problem? Is sexism something childish or is it something much more mature and sinister?! Hmm stereotypes that's the problem.

Ableism:

Who does that then?

Misogyny:

Err sorry to sound like an, err, dick, but we also need to have 'Misandry', or not, it's only fair! LOL

Homophobia:

Nah most of us don't care but perhaps we get annoyed with people going on and on about it! We all have gay friends right? It's also being used by political groups as leverage, sorry but it's a fact and needs to stop! The media's obsession is actually detrimental to equality etc. Has sexuality been politicised? [obviously it has]

Transphobia:

I'm not even going there. Each to their own, err, if you know what I mean! [I do have an opinion but I rarely air it, I just worry about the effect on children minds]

Fascism:

Hmm this is another one prone to manipulation and misinterpretation. I'm not getting involved but would like to be able to have my own thoughts without being told I can't have an opinion. The middle is only discovered by seeing both sides of the argument, even the extremes. 

Rape and sexual assault apologia:

OMG! That is a controversial one as in some cultures if a women is deemed to not have resisted... Enough said, as I'm really not going there or here! Any form of aggression is a sin but sexual aggression is the pits! 

Police brutality apologia:

Not sure why this is in here? Obviously everyone's conduct should be proper and respectful unless they pull a knife or a gun and then the rules change or even vanish. 

Xenophobia, anti-immigrant rhetoric:

Another hot potato! If people go through the proper channels or are deemed refugees most citizens don't have a problem. 

Climate change denial:

Yes it has been warm and it may well be that human activity has a lot to do with it. Stop flying, stop driving, stop most of the things you do everyday and your conscience will be clear. I could try and explain the concept of sacrifice but it will fall on death ears. Yes millions are going to die because the natural balance has been skewed by human activity so just deal with it! And get this, it's too late as that train has left the station!!!!! Blame your parents.  

Well that wasn't so bad and now we can talk about that wibbly wobbly thing! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Let's debate these one by one and see what transpires? 

No.

Reread my OP. This isn't a debate.

That your first instinct is to troll this list with your impulsive diarrhea tells me that your days here are most likely numbered, my dude.

Sean

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Brown said:

Of course there has also been the polarisation of men against women which to be fair only exists because of feminism itself as most people are cool with women's rights. 

You might consider some B vitamin and a coffee enema - seriously - you wrote this here - now?

• Haha 1

On the value of having "other" discussions ...

One line of consideration that is emerging is whether TBD should have any discussions at all that are not directly relevant to the philosophic or spiritual traditions are interested in. That, in itself, has some interesting implications.

Many of these traditions are about selfrealization. They don't spend much time or attention on social issues. Yet, we all, to some degree or another, live in social contexts. So, the real question is whether anything we have learned in our individual pursuits can inform our social views. Or, do we, when dealing with worldly issues, simply revert to old habits, leaving our learning behind.

From the Daoist point of view, I have often asked myself whether or not there is such a thing as Daoist morality. Morality ... distinction of right and wrong ... having mainly social implications. Are there lessons from the sages that we can take into the dealings with the world? It's not unheard of that students be told that they need to return to the world to test their learning. If what I learn in my studies can't be taken back into the greater world, what good is it.

If there is a place for "other" discussions, it would seem it could be in the area of applied philosophy or spiritualism. How does what we personally hold in higher value inform our participation in worldly affairs?

Just a random thought.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sean said:

No.

Reread my OP. This isn't a debate.

That your first instinct is to troll this list with your impulsive diarrhea tells me that your days here are most likely numbered, my dude.

Sean

Have you considered that I was simply trying to diffuse the situation with a degree of levity. :huh: So who started the fire? It's a bit like Russian roulette. I can talk about the subjects you outlined but I'd rather not so why bring them up? Oh trolls, same old story then.:wacko: 

When you find an answer please share it with the whole world Sean as it sorely needs it at this moment in time! 

2 minutes ago, Spotless said:

You might consider some B vitamin and a coffee enema - seriously - you wrote this here - now?

:P

Oh shit was we being serious? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Have you considered that I was simply trying to diffuse the situation with a degree of levity. :huh: So who started the fire? It's a bit like Russian roulette. I can talk about the subjects you outlined but I'd rather not so why bring them up? Oh trolls, same old story then.:wacko: 

When you find an answer please share it with the whole world Sean as it sorely needs it at this moment in time! 

:P

The Trump threads went on ad infinitum in which the posts were mostly a hate fest toward anything leftist. Basically a free for all in which anything I posted was met with derision and bullying from Trump sycophants. That is why I almost left this forum for good. Enough is enough!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

... but are we to celebrate our differences or bow to the idea of an homogenised society? The problem is the tendency, by some, to highlight the negatives instead of the positives.

To me the roots of racism lie in looking at others and realizing they are different ... and then making a relative judgement that leads to either embracing or denigrating those differences. The latter being a decidedly more self-centered and self-aggrandizing position.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Have you considered that I was simply trying to diffuse the situation with a degree of levity. :huh: 

Insipid troll: ** Posts extraordinarily idiotic and regressive statements **

Anyone:  Hey, these are completely idiotic and regressive statements.

Insipid troll: Whoah, whoah! Fellas. I'm just playing around here. Why so serious?

Sean

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But seriously there are way to many sub forums which is certainly part of the problem. If you allow a speck of bacteria to have a place to set-up-shop and breed then what do you expect? I never understood the women's sections as it just seems divisive. I think it's easy to come up with an idea and then just go with it without thinking it through. 

I think the lesson is simplicity!!! How ironic is that? 

Hack it back to six forums. Maybe move controversial stuff to a members only archive forum. BUT! Let's think it through first? :) 

4 minutes ago, sean said:

Insipid troll: ** Posts extraordinarily idiotic and regressive statements **

Anyone:  Hey, these are completely idiotic and regressive statements.

Insipid troll: Whoah, whoah! Fellas. I'm just playing around here. Why so serious?

Sean

Sean if there's any doubt about the hole you've dug it's fading fast! 

I'm not a troll as I'm not the one screaming for attention. I'm aware of the way this place has gone and I think we're all guilty. Slinging more mud isn't helping. Perhaps you should consider changing the title of this thread as an indicator of the way forward? You know, compromise a bit? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ralis said:

The Trump threads went on ad infinitum in which the posts were mostly a hate fest toward anything leftist. Basically a free for all in which anything I posted was met with derision and bullying from Trump sycophants. That is why I almost left this forum for good. Enough is enough!

I thought you had backup? Yes that thread did go on a bit! LOL

You could have just let it go. I've had to ignore a few threads here because people took a different view and wouldn't let it go. I let go. 

Perhaps all the chaotic threads came into being because people didn't have anything else to talk about? I like talking about psychic experiences etc. Nature abhors a vacuum and fills it with 'something' eventually and that 'something' is often defined by the peeps themselves!! Hmm what did I say there? 

Well I don't hang here much because everything has been tainted because of group bias and a lack of unity. We need a road map back to the path.  ;)

• Like 1

@ OldDog

Lao tsu had some moral rules of thumb to offer, but Chuang tsu hardly so. That's why I think that social and political issues could - in principle - be discussed from a Taoist perspective, but that this would be a very delicate matter indeed. The necessary subtle reasoning would probably fall on deaf ears given the current heated and polarized political atmosphere.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Sean if there's any doubt about the hole you've dug it's fading fast! 

I'm not a troll as I'm not the one screaming for attention. I'm aware of the way this place has gone and I think we're all guilty. Slinging more mud isn't helping. Perhaps you should consider changing the title of this thread as an indicator of the way forward? You know, compromise a bit? 

Compromise? There can be no compromising with right wing extremists. Giving demagogues space to further their cause will eventually crowd out reasonable voices which is what happened in the Trump talk threads and by extension most of online discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1