Mskied

From East to West

I wanted to finish my thoughts on the climb of the Tree of Knowledge, which is known as the knowledge of Good and Evil.  I believe this is the Tree of the Jewish Kabbalah in Genesis that Adam and Eve ate from.  So what is the Tree of Life?  Well I assume that it is the same tree, but it might not be.

There are three ways to interpret Good and Evil:

What is Good for me but not for you

What is Good for you but not for me

What is Good for both of us

As a thinker that considered the Law of Thelema, which is Do What Thou Wilt, I realized that this could have disastrous connotations in the wrong hands.  Why is it disastrous?  Because people that use this Law might be of the Good for me bad for you type.  

When it comes to what is Good, one has to ask what the fundamental idea of Good really is.  Some would say "I like cake, and cake is Good"  well this will be true for them, but not all people like cake, and that is fine, because they do not have to eat it.  What is Good for me alone is Good for me, and I choose that- though obviously if all we did was eat cake we might not be of good health.

So the Good that is of concern is of both me and others.  Now if I am a non-desiring type of person, it is easy enough for me to give and give and expect nothing from it, is that Good for me?  That depends on the person, but most people like to desire, and want something, especially from what they give.  If I give and give, you would think "Hey, that is Good!" because you got without effort, though some things produce a bad result, and for this we have to consider whether we aught to give something that might not be Good for the other.

If you are a desiring person, you might simply take, and not return anything.  Is this Good?  Not for the other person it isn't, and I believe that this is the goal:  all people benefit, for in a community, all people are part of the same co-operative puzzle.

So let us keep in mind that Good entails both parties, and hopefully all life in general.  I thought about what the wisest thing I could say would be, and I think it is this "The best person is one that is concerned with all life".

We cannot define Good very well without its opposite:  Evil, and when you think of Evil what do you think of?  Most likely it is something harmful or oppressive.  Therefore when you think of Good, it would be something that assists me, and is Good for my well being.  This then is how the Laws should be formed, and it contradicts Do What Thou Wilt, for it is a basis of action that considers others as well as the self.  Again, the Adept (yes I am using this word to define my own process, buzz off nungali) should want to defeat Chaos, Chaos being destructive and confusing- and to do this we discover how to go about the interaction between myself and others in light of the Good, and I decided the best approach to this is from a standpoint of kindness, for when we hold kindness in our minds and hearts, we will be sincere, and we will understand how to explain with Wisdom, and we will know that what we choose to do is with the intention of the best result for both parties.

I was walking down the street when this crazy eyed Native American started stalking me, trying to get me to stop.  He started staring at my pendant of the heptagram that I was wearing and stuttering, finally he asks "Are you a Jew?" and then he stops and stares hard and then in fear and awe glares up at me and says "No... that's Satans Star." and backed away in fear.

So now I feel compelled to write my interpretation of the myth of Genesis from the point of view of Magick and Kabbalah.  

Let it be known that all words are Magick; all knowledge is Magick, and the Tree of Life is not only "life" in the sense of a "Good life" but also you and I:  we are the Tree of Life, for it is our species that is the entertainment of the Gods, and we bring them joy and anger.  So when the Serpent of Wisdom, which is demonized by the Jews probably because it is not only a dangerous path, but also one that will lead to conflicting with the Order established by their Prophets, is named Satan, it is unfair- for this same Serpent is the one that these very Jews interacted with that brought us Wisdom.

From my own experience, I was initiated when I was challenged on my concept of Good and Evil, and so I have an intimate relationship with the concept of the Garden of Eden and the Tree (as well as the Serpent).  I wouldn't say I was an ignorant Man, but I was not that knowledgeable, especially about Magick and science- though I did have my own "Magickal mind".  I was indeed in a Garden of delight, my life was exactly as I had wanted it to be, but then after this provocation I was contacted by the Divine and sent on this journey, which has wound up a tragedy, hence I understand the warning- don't dance with the snake!

I did indeed die when I ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil; I am not at all the person I once was.  The demons destroyed me, over, and over again, inflicting pain and confusion and madness:  Chaos.  Do I like who I have become?  At this point it doesn't matter, for I have lost all my assets, though I have gained some insight into the troubles of the world, I find no strength left to do anything other than post my thoughts on public forums.  But then, when God spoke, I declared I would do this for free, and what other place than here?  Foolishness, foolishness; the bold, noble ambitions of youth.  For none can know until it is revealed, and by then it is too late.  We are fools, all of us, even the ones that try.  

So what is my Great Truth of the moment?  There are three:  We exchange love for power.  We want love, but the lure of power is too overwhelming.  We are machines, and the God can absolutely control it all.

• Like 1

After I had retraced all of my choices, figuring on how I came to be who I am, I recognized that not only are we reacting to people of misunderstanding and their actions but I am misunderstanding as well, and so the potential for confusion is great.  The vast net of Chaos is spread, and innovation comes into play as we deal with 1.  Our expectations 2. The expectations of others 3. The implementation of ideas based on these expectations.  This is a potentially explosive mixture, especially at a young age, and those choices affect our adulthood, sometimes, we never recover to Truth.  Now, this is from a lovers point of view, there is always those that seek power, and have no concern for love.  These people will do seemingly irrational things to gain control, and the lover will suffer.  Unfortunately, the Law of Strength is such that the strong choose the course, and so the best combination is to know Love and to know Strength, so that Love will prevail and the irrational and selfish do not.  This is done by measuring the Good for both parties in light of kindness and generosity, using gentle Wisdom to share rather than brute force.  My neighbor has two modes:  soft spoken common language and explosive screaming, she cant seem to find a way to calmly address conflict.  My parents were the same way, and I reacted to that and made choices about the world that was untrue.  Not all people are irrational and explosive.  My parents had good intentions, but they were incapable of communicating them calmly.  I see it in our public forum all the time.  Anger begets anger, arrogance begets criticism, pride begets a challenge- these things might win submission, or they might win an attempt at vindication and revenge- better to stay calm and Wise.  Unfortunately the threat of violence is intimidating.

And so I cam to humble myself out of the horror at the potential for disaster.  I see art as stirring this pot.  I see public debating and criticism as contributing to that anger and ignorance, and I see a lack of calm, clear minded people that want stability, and as has been shown with our president, people feed into this kind of personality for protection.  There is a sore lack of kindness in this world- the West is too fast in its attempt to move forward that we forget that not all of us can keep this pace.  We lack compassion in so many ways, and make excuses not to help someone that cannot help themselves.  I sit waiting, wishing that we would monitor our voices more, for the un-exorcised child within us likes to play, and on the playground sometimes its fun to be mean.  

My friend likes to play the jester.  He does it because he see what I see, but what he does in response to it is inflict pain for their inflicting of pain.  Not only does this attitude color his perception, he contributes to the pain, rather than providing a cure.  Every time we jab at someone we cause harm, whether it is out of good humor or not- you are insulting that person for your perception of their ignorance, which may or may not be true ignorance.  Rather than earnest working toward resolution, we become bullies, and whatever wisdom we possess is colored by our arrogance.  There is joy in pride, but there is also joy in being earnest, and seeing beauty blossom.  

In conclusion, it is wise to reflect on the choices we have made on a regular interval.  We should never be so convinced that we took every step correctly.  We should also work on our temperament, for it will cause a reaction that might lead to confusion, and more pain for someone.  Every time we speak to one another we have power, and a chance to create- Love, or fear, or hate, or confusion- its all Magick, and we are the magicians.  

Good rules start with Love.  Good Laws start with Love.  Love is the motive for much of our ideas, but as we age, other things come into play, specifically; survival.  Therefore let us think upon what is needed to survive:  food, shelter, clothing, medicine, and know that when we help provide these things, we are sharing in the loving impulse.  If everyone were to help one another secure these needs, we could focus on the art of Love, and we might find ourselves with a peaceful society.  So often it is the chase of material goods, and actions that might lead to Love, but are improperly used, that harm our ability to feel and give Love, and that is why there are "Sins"- for these things lead us away from Love.  The True Sin is not to Love, and not to aid one another, and follow the Laws that help protect one another from harm, and from Nature.

At this point I am deciding that God, or Goddess- wants the best for their children, and wants for them what they want for themselves.  In supporting our willfulness, we find ourselves doing things that may contradict the emotional and intellectual intelligence of others, which can cause psychic confusion/chaos to the observer.  This is what I say about misunderstanding, and the Tree of Life is nothing if not about comprehending and handling things we do not understand.  To climb this tree it is helpful to realize that we do not understand, and to practice the virtues of contemplation, and patience, and mercy- for human life is not born of Evil, and so we should look on the Good of what people do. 

Ive decided to alter the Mass of the Phoenix a little bit.  

"There is no anger, there is no lust.  This is the Law; Do What Thou Must."

Why do I say this?  Because I don't think that the Law is meant to provide for us to wander around lawlessly without reason or knowing what we do, and I don't think it is meant to promote hate or anger in our logical actions- we are indeed meant to do what we think it reasonable, and do it with precision and purpose- not wantonly or domineering.  

Edited by Mskied

Symbols of power don't mean much to the uninitiated, unless they have reason to be curious about them, and curiosity is the favorite food of Demons.  They don't care a whit about your rituals or attempts to control them either.  It is foolish for a person to think they can control anything Divine.

There is a real and hungering force at play in the workings of Mankind.  Its elements are fire and lust, and it is the power that drives the mind of such creatures to devour, to consume and to create.  These creatures are the dominant, and in extremes; the merciless, the willful and the cut-throat.  On the opposite edge of life are the water bearers; the gentle and kindly, the fair hearted.  Both sides love, but the fire devours and the water comforts.  Demons and Angels, and some of the Angels have weapons like Demons, but Demons are never Angels unless they fall or stray from the fire.

Militarized knave, you come wielding your sword and are covered in blood!

Is the blood yours?  Yes, it belongs to you know as it once did me, until you bought it with your violence.

What will you do with all this gold?  Have you satisfied your thirst, or do you seek more victims of your Will?

Those that test Wisdom were meant to test Wisdom, and those that follow a prophet are meant to do as the prophet says.  A True Prophet is ordained and acknowledged, and in small ways, we all prophecy.  So who is the True Prophet?  They are those that have a common consensus of agreement.  You will get what you believe, and you will be judged according to what you did by those beliefs.  

The Law is Do What Thou Wilt.  If they harm you, then you fight them.  If you cant fight them, they win.

All other laws are willful acts of submission and compromise, and require intelligence and diplomacy in order to see that you do not come out on the losing end.

This is a Law of Love- for it is freedom that we thirst for, freedom to be and to do what we believe.  Love is the Law, Love under Will.

A good rule is Do Not Obstruct, for if we allow people to go their way, then there is no contest, but if someone obstructs you, you must choose if you will fight, and in contest there is suffering and loss.

• Like 1

Magick is about power, and there is nothing quite as powerful as knowledge and Wisdom.  Knowledge gives you the advantage in conversation and choosing action, and Wisdom is the knowledge that comes from taking action and calculating your observations.

This is for the strong, and its primary rule is that the strong get their Will done.  The initiate is pursuant of power, and will learn and practice to acquire this, but this is not the end of Magick, for there are beings beyond the eye that know the fault of people that pursue power, and what it causes to the rest of us, and so there are other Magickal paths, and they are all intimately connected to the concept of Chaos.  When an initiate makes contact, they are moved to another level.  First they must declare their Will and want, and that is the most simple and basic of reasons for pursuing power, but when that Will and want appeals to more than the self, it becomes a Divine mission, and often an oath falls from the mouth of the magician declaring a purpose greater than the self.  This is the point of contact that I came upon- the years prior I never had actual acknowledgement from a Divine source, not that this was necessarily the most beneficial event in my life, for it brought great hardship, but for each battle won, I gained in strength.

The Law is freedom, as exemplified by our Free Will.  The want is for selfish motive often, though not always, and Magick will help you advance in that realm.  The Adept of the higher Truth asks "Is the Law of freedom and the right of the strong just?"  and that is when they contemplate Chaos, for as with the myths of old, you become semi-Divine; a Demi-God, trying to apprehend the Serpent of Chaos, in order to yield a greater, altruistic Truth for your people, or all people in general.  This is why the Serpent is called the Serpent of Wisdom, for in defeating Her, we gain knowledge and Wisdom that will benefit us individually and collectively.  This is why She is both hailed and reviled.    Like it or not She is the keeper of many great things, things that you might find you need one day.

It is no longer necessary to be a mystic, for science has captured its greatest gifts.  We use sociology to study its form, and philosophy to study its effects.  Physics, biology and math have advanced beyond what any mystic could encounter through sacred geometry.  Magick is good for two things:  finding inspiration to try unconventional methods to acquire, and to contact the aid of Divine Beings.  

To do Magick is to be a mystic, and the goal of the mystic is to reach Godhead.  Godhead is simply the highest absolute of Order, as conceived by God.  Before I start posting my thoughts on mysticism, I want to post what occurs at Godhead, which is really just your idea of God, and may not be the actual "God" of Creation.

First, there are the Laws of your society- know them, and set them aside for now.  Second there is the moral Truth, and moral Truth is simply who comes first in action:  you, me or us.  When you decide who benefits from your Magick, you can order your sense of action accordingly.  This is the Law of Godhead, for you.  Now you must examine the Laws of your state, and decide if they meet your expectations as revealed from your knowledge of Godhead.  Typically, in todays Western world, the ideal is "us", but as is often decried, the actions are supporting the "me".

As I was considering Chaos, its cause and purpose, it finally dawned on me that desire is the cause of it.  I don't see it the way I am told Buddhists see it; I do not think that having no end to desire is the cause of suffering, for I believe we like to want, and we like to get.  What I recognized, thanks mostly to studying Thelema, was that it is in our acquisition of our desire that we cause suffering- to the people that hold the object of our wanting.  This led me to Law, and realizing that the Law of Thelema was the Law of the strong, and that it wasn't just in light of a community of people who all have equal value as living beings.  We are a long way from this Truth- for in our society people, though they are meant to be equal, are not, and they are not treated as such.  Power and knowledge and wealth and beauty separate one person from the next, and these types, if not outright given privileges, have access to buying them.  

The story of Adam and Eve is a story of desire, for it was their wanting to be like God that cast them out of their innocent garden, and this is what I experienced, for once I was a wandering youth, in love with life and love, and when I was forced to contemplate Good and Evil, I fell from my innocence and ignorance.

The Christian Faith is very deep in its awareness of Desire, and its unfairness in how we wind up treating one another based on these things, but these are the things that we have, and if you want power and wealth, then sell power and wealth and beauty.

Law is the language of the gods. There is the material Law, there is the emotional Law, and there is the Laws of logic. Among these are the rules of kindness, strength and beauty. So far none of these truths unite as a whole, and so we have different people placing value on different Truth, and thus: Chaos.

The fire dances, it's light beckons. It's warm here. But in order for me to have these things, something must burn.

The masses are a herd of people climbing and clamoring and yearning.  You can either lead the charge and climb to what you desire, or you can mock them for their folly, or you can be sincere and assist them in their needs.  I suppose you could also ignore it all.  How do you want to live?  What will you say to yourself when you die?  Did you try?  Are you satisfied?  Did you take the noble path?  Did you put your head in the sand and live anonymously?  Which choice will make you happy?  Life is now.

Ive come up with a diagram.

LAW

Magick                                                                  Kindness

CHAOS

Law will vary, and Chaos is the unknown potential.  Magick is the material and earthly possibility while Kindness has its own laws and is water/spirit.  Law is Air and Chaos is fire.  In Magick lies all the realm of known possibilities that emerge from Chaos; things like being  a bird or a lion or  a snake- but these things are not Love, which is best represented by kindness as its greatest truth.  There is Love in Magick, but without kindness it is wild.  Chaos spawns all of this, and we declare Truth in all of it, which is Law.

Im developing another formula.  I find these things worthy of contemplation/meditation.  I see this as fundamental parts of the experience of life.

Conflict, desire, Law, kindness, love/romance/friendship, the emotional realm of joy and sorrow, sincerity and doubt, and the efforts we put forth in our need to ensure our survival.  I believe contemplating these things will provide a good net to snare Wisdom, and to comprehend life and its terms.

Remember that all things seem to have their own Laws and rules, and to learn the variations and outcomes of them and their application will go  a long way in helping you to navigate choice and result.