thelerner

We are Atlantis

We are Groot Atlantis. 

Wise, powerful, philosopher kings.  Rulers of abundance, advanced, fulfilled.  

are we?  weren't we?

Some time ago?  On a summer day past?  For a day or week.. longer? 

somewhere in our past.  weren't we Atlantis?

What happened to our Kingdom and Riches?

when did mundanity creep in?

Where do we find our hidden kingdom?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, thelerner said:

huh, musta hit quote not edit.. deleted, along with the small change.

Edited by thelerner

12 minutes ago, thelerner said:

We are Groot Atlantis. 

are we?  weren't we?

In our dreams. Make sure you don't let them evaporate.

But if they do anyway... Condense the vapour and consider what you get a purified distillate.

This is the art of Alchemy for you.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2019 at 4:21 AM, thelerner said:

We are Groot Atlantis. 

are we?  weren't we?

Well, after  you fantasize about it  too much, you forget about more important and real things and then you waste time chasing your childlike story fantasies .

I suppose the next phase is to somehow transform the greedy and war like Invaders of Atlantis into gentle mild 'philosopher kings'  next you imagine you  had kingdom and riches and that you  are or where or even should be Princesses and Princes .

And then  you wake up ... sitting behind a desk in an office .

But dont worry ... you get 1  and 1/2 days off a week ... during that you can sing and sing ...

" The poet, the physician, The farmer, the scientist,
The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.
Though Gods they were -
And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind
Let us rejoice
And let us sing
And dance and ring in the new Hail Atlantis!
Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be,
Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be.

....   oh yeah .  "

Umn, you confusing me with yourself?

Don't get too obsessed with it. 

I mean more obsessed.

8 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Umn, you confusing me with yourself?

:D 

yes ... it must be becasue we are so alike ?

I often read what you write and think  " Gosh!  I could have written that  . "

:lol:

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

yes ... it must be becasue we are so alike ?

No, its because your trollish. 

I often read what you write and think  " Gosh!  I could have written that  . "

:lol:

I don't think you write like me.  Matter of fact I don't think you understand what I write, your analysis is well.. dipshit stupid.   You make assumptions that are idiotic. 

Sad that a simple poem sends you into rants and troll mode. 

I'd say get a life.. but.. waste of time with you..:lol::lol:

Edited by thelerner

In the same way do people read the 'science' in the newspaper, it's all so amazing, and then they think they are amazing, as if they own this 'science'.

If you read about Elon Musk or travelling to Mars .... it "lifts you up" because you imagine you are something to do with it.  But maybe it has nothing to do with you, and you will waste the 24hrs of today dreaming.

It would be nice to say that Atlantis is the place were people don't dream and work practically in useful endeavours so that they themselves become capable people, able to do things themselves; and that any good society is only based on one thing, the health wisdom and capability of the people inside that society which they themselves possess.

And so having "western medicine" or scientific theories or whatever is actually not important, unless the individuals themselves have it inside themselves.   

And the way things are, as services are offered to you, you become lazy, you lose competence.   A society full of services, be they high tech or high medicine, is a society of people getting weaker.   

At least that is the natural outcome.   Animals that live in people's homes lose their brain size, and their competences.

But it has also been said that the nature of the earth is such that changes in the celestial objects have a tremendous effect down here, and that we are at the mercy of them. 

Anyway, the truth is available to all who wish it.

• Like 1

Atlantis - on one level - is a symbol for that 'lost' (submerged?) part of ourselves many are yearning to reunite with.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, after  you fantasize about it  too much, you forget about more important and real things and then you waste time chasing your childlike story fantasies .

There is nothing wrong with dreaming a little!

Myths have always had the function to feed people's dreams and fantasies with their archetypal symbolism. Which is not to say they don't reflect historic reality.

I suppose the next phase is to somehow transform the greedy and war like Invaders of Atlantis into gentle mild 'philosopher kings'  next you imagine you  had kingdom and riches and that you  are or where or even should be Princesses and Princes .

It seems like Atlantis was indeed a spiritually and ethically sophisticated civilisation at first. Only in its later days did it degenerate and give in to hybris and greed, thereby attracting the wrath of the Gods...

And then  you wake up ... sitting behind a desk in an office .

But dont worry ... you get 1  and 1/2 days off a week ... during that you can sing and sing ...

" The poet, the physician, The farmer, the scientist,
The magician and the other so-called Gods of our legends.
Though Gods they were -
And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind
Let us rejoice
And let us sing
And dance and ring in the new Hail Atlantis!
Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be.

....   oh yeah .  "

Oh you mean:

2 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Atlantis - on one level - is a symbol for that 'lost' (submerged?) part of ourselves many are yearning to reunite with.

Excellent observation !

Thats why it is such a popular theme .

Personally, I rather search for the actual lost bits, not the metaphors and analogies .   Thing is , by  searching for the actual  lost bits of myself  .... I found some !

Not sure I would have achieved that with the analogy  and metaphor .

21 hours ago, thelerner said:

No, its because your trollish. 

I don't think you write like me.

:D       Dude ! 

I also note our  understanding of sarcasm varies .

Matter of fact I don't think you understand what I write, your analysis is well.. dipshit stupid.   You make assumptions that are idiotic. 

Now now ... language .  I do believe that is reportable ..... you might loose brownie points !

Here is what you do .... you make claims that you cant back up or explain , and when asked to get all insulty and uppity .  

Sad that a simple poem sends you into rants and troll mode. 

Rants ?   That wasnt a rant .

You want a rant ? 

Right  the 'learner '  (oh, look he does have a sense of sarcasm :D  )   ....   if you dont like it, why not apply to be a Mod again, that way you can give me  more baddy points, like you did last time ... and that on the tail of your own suspension ... and that on the tail of accusing a very nice lady (who worked for admin here and was a friend of mine)  of giving  secret access  codes to people who where trying to disrupt the forum ... crazy batshit  stuff  .... she was outraged, as where many of us ... and she eventually threw the towel in and left . <pulls his stupid hat down over his head , throws his mug of tea in face and kicks him up the arse > .

There ... thats more like what I would call a rant  ... but I'm not going to rant ... thats just an example of what I WOULD say if I WAS GOING TO  rant

:)

I'd say get a life.. but.. waste of time with you..:lol::lol:

Oh, I have wonderful life thanks  .    Pristine rainforest,  crisp clear air, water beaches . organic food growing everywhere , off grid self sufficient , all mod cons , beautiful women , food   . No job  to grind through but a fat savings account  ... just fun stuff  to get through and what I choose to do

la te daaa

(you need to lighten up )

Edited by Nungali

10 hours ago, rideforever said:

In the same way do people read the 'science' in the newspaper, it's all so amazing, and then they think they are amazing, as if they own this 'science'.

:D

Like sport  ....   "We won ... we won "      - all he did was sit on the couch, drink beer and watch the tv  :D

If you read about Elon Musk or travelling to Mars .... it "lifts you up" because you imagine you are something to do with it.  But maybe it has nothing to do with you, and you will waste the 24hrs of today dreaming.

Great stuff, how exciting .... living inside with no windows down a lava tube  brething recycled air  and eating 'Mars rations'  - no thanks !   I stay here and 'man the fort'.

It would be nice to say that Atlantis is the place were people don't dream and work practically in useful endeavours so that they themselves become capable people, able to do things themselves; and that any good society is only based on one thing, the health wisdom and capability of the people inside that society which they themselves possess.

And so having "western medicine" or scientific theories or whatever is actually not important, unless the individuals themselves have it inside themselves.   

And the way things are, as services are offered to you, you become lazy, you lose competence.   A society full of services, be they high tech or high medicine, is a society of people getting weaker.   

At least that is the natural outcome.   Animals that live in people's homes lose their brain size, and their competences.

But it has also been said that the nature of the earth is such that changes in the celestial objects have a tremendous effect down here, and that we are at the mercy of them. 

Anyway, the truth is available to all who wish it.

Still on Atlantis and sad about the past? 

18 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh, I have wonderful life thanks  .    Pristine rainforest,  crisp clear air, water beaches . organic food growing everywhere , off grid self sufficient , all mod cons , beautiful women , food   . No job  to grind through but a fat savings account  ... just fun stuff  to get through and what I choose to do

(you need to lighten up )

I'm light and didn't ask about your life. 

Dude, for such a wonderful life, you spend alot of time on a thread and subject you've scorned and belittled.  Trolling.  

You spend too much time worrying about brownie points too.   Learn to let things go.  

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

Still on Atlantis and sad about the past? 

?    No . I had a wonderful past  ... what you on about ?

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

I'm light and didn't ask about your life. 

Dude, for such a wonderful life, you spend alot of time on a thread and subject you've scorned and belittled.  Trolling.  

You spend too much time worrying about brownie points too.   Learn to let things go.  

too much time ?   Nah I can breeze through this .

Then go to beach, do some training, garden, chop fire wood, do the shopping ,put on a load of washing, cook lunch  . later I will read some of the 3 books I am reading at once, do some research  on ancient hominids and  read and write  on the history forum .

Although I am running late today , I was up late having sex  last night and then listening to music while I drew up architectural plans for my new Japanese bath house I am building .

You can achieve a lot when you dont have to slave for a living  :)

Edited by Nungali