Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Ashes and Snow

A truely beautiful film - watch it here

Photographic artworks by Gregory Colbert that explores the natural interaction between man and other animals. Since 1992, Colbert has undertaken more than 30 expeditions to such far-flung locales as India, Egypt, Burma and Kenya to photograph the interaction between humans and other animals. The culmination of those expeditions, Ashes and Snow, premiered in 2002 at the Arsenale in Venice, Italy, to a record 100,000 visitors, making it the largest solo exhibition ever mounted in that country.

A year and a half ago I was lucky enough to stumble across this film. I was at a music and dance camp in Mendocino, CA. A vendor of silk had set up the movie on his laptop, with the accompanying book set beside it.

It was absolutely captivating. People would walk by and then just stand transfixed. I observed more thanone person with a tear in their eye.

Truly inspiring film. Words cannot do it justice. This is the kind of thing I should have playing on my television all the time.

Craig

Thanks for bringing this to the communities attention Smile.

year 1/2, 2 years ago, this was an art exhibit in santa monica, ca, a giant enclosure made of recycled materials by japanese man (can't remember name) and inside was ashes and snow - giant photographs and films and one could walk through and around. beautiful. if it ever tours again, i suggest seeing it.

A year and a half ago I was lucky enough to stumble across this film. I was at a music and dance camp in Mendocino, CA. A vendor of silk had set up the movie on his laptop, with the accompanying book set beside it.

It was absolutely captivating. People would walk by and then just stand transfixed. I observed more thanone person with a tear in their eye.

Truly inspiring film. Words cannot do it justice. This is the kind of thing I should have playing on my television all the time.

Craig

Thanks for bringing this to the communities attention Smile.

Sign in to follow this