Patrick Brown

Facebook Should Be Shut Down!

Recommended Posts

Just flying by but this is very important and really rather bonkers. Facebook are inciting violence against individuals and organisations!! Some of you may not like PJW but what he's say's is true and Tim Pool stumbles through his own analysis but the conclusion are the same Facebook is inciting violence and even murder. I believe the American government need to step in and shut them down now. Just pull the plug on Facebook globally and then start a full investigation how a company can abuse it's position of power in such a way. 

 

Here's the Facebook page with the terms on: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/recentupdates/credible_violence/ 

 

Here's the vids outlining the issue:

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Some of you may not like PJW but what he's say's is true

 

Everything I've seen from him has been great.


Facebook is definitely showing its true colors here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most people still havent realized what a bullet the world dodged when Trump got elected

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is that the moment I deactivated my FB account, I literally felt like a weight was lifted off of me that I didn't even realize was there. Something haunting that f'n place.

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes ... the "news" also.

Does it make a difference to anything how much I torture myself with this.

When I was young and free i knew nothing, I cared nothing, and life was peaceful.

This has got to an end or life is lost.

It is bad that so many have this internet media and no longer live.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that FB essentially admitted to interfering in another countries abortion vote by censoring one side (pro-life)... so the moral of the story is:  If you own the service and used it to interfere in a countries voting/elections, that is ok... :o

 

but if an outside entity (oh, let's say Russia) creates fake accounts and fake news... now that is not permitted. :rolleyes:

 

As for shutting them down... I would disagree.  That's just an extreme reaction to extreme behavior.  They likely should be treated more like media entities and then fall under that oversight and enforcement.    And someone should look into the fact that they just keep buying up their competition.   I recall when FB was pressed by congressional hearings as to exactly who their competitor was... FB really had no reply in the end.  So i think it may be a bit out of control.  ;)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as Styx points out even though Facebook removed the incitement then can and should be legally held accountable for inciting violence and murder!! This'could' break FB, I hope so. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dawei said:

I read somewhere that FB essentially admitted to interfering in another countries abortion vote by censoring one side (pro-life)... so the moral of the story is:  If you own the service and used it to interfere in a countries voting/elections, that is ok... :o

 

 

Yep that was Ireland and it's pretty much a fact. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Yes ... the "news" also.

Does it make a difference to anything how much I torture myself with this.

When I was young and free i knew nothing, I cared nothing, and life was peaceful.

This has got to an end or life is lost.

It is bad that so many have this internet media and no longer live.

 

 

 

Sounds like you need to get into some type of meditative practice to find yourself and regain control of your life.

 

Why do people always talk about so many when actually it's themselves.  

 

Always find this interesting how people want others to change for things that affect them.

 

Some talk about climate change enjoying the benefits of what they call Western technology wanting everybody to go back to living like primitive peoples of long ago.

 

something they never seem to do but do  like posting about how others should do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really have a problem with the social media giant's per se.

 

I do feel that they have become monopolies as such  they are a problem due to being monopolies.

 

As I understand it they claim to be free and open formats when in fact they actually are not. Not being open formats puts them in the same legal constraints as news, or authoried media.

 

Ie. They can be held liable for what is printed or allowed on their sites

Edited by windwalker
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dawei said:

I read somewhere that FB essentially admitted to interfering in another countries abortion vote by censoring one side (pro-life)... so the moral of the story is:  If you own the service and used it to interfere in a countries voting/elections, that is ok... :o

 

but if an outside entity (oh, let's say Russia) creates fake accounts and fake news... now that is not permitted. :rolleyes:

 

As for shutting them down... I would disagree.  That's just an extreme reaction to extreme behavior.  They likely should be treated more like media entities and then fall under that oversight and enforcement.    And someone should look into the fact that they just keep buying up their competition.   I recall when FB was pressed by congressional hearings as to exactly who their competitor was... FB really had no rely in the end.  So i think it may be a bit out of control.  ;)

 

it'll be a different ballgame when they're responsible for their actions - either stop acting like a publisher and actually BE a platform, or be treated like a publisher.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing about technology is that many or develop it creating their own companies intern actually want the larger companies to buy them out for huge sums of money.

 

Many startups are considered successful if they get bought out by the larger companies.

 

it will be interesting to see how the new generation of politicians deal with social media that they grew up with.

 

Unfortunately many of these same politicians have been indoctrinated through the education system understanding the value and use of social media they will use it for their own ends instead of the benefit of the country as a whole.

 

What's happening with  the squad of 4 and Pelosi, is being played out now in the party of the dims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Left-wing billionaire mega-donor and impeachment crusader Tom Steyer entered the 2020 Democratic presidential primary on Tuesday"

 

He is railing against a rigged government which mostly helps the top 1%... B)

 

So, to paraphrase:  He is tired of a government which has made him rich and is going to change it so that does not happen in the future :wacko:

 

Nor help folks like Warren, Sanders, and Biden (plus his son), Delany, O'Rourke, Klobuchar, Booker, Bennet, Hickenlooper, etc.  Most of the Dem Candidates... let's not forget the net worth of Hillary/Bill  :rolleyes:

 

Yes, I expect all of these folks to create a fund to provide free education, open borders, free healthcare to all plus illegals... let's hold our breath while they put their money where their mouth is :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dawei said:

"Left-wing billionaire mega-donor and impeachment crusader Tom Steyer entered the 2020 Democratic presidential primary on Tuesday"

 

He is railing against a rigged government which mostly helps the top 1%... B)

 

So, to paraphrase:  He is tired of a government which has made him rich and is going to change it so that does not happen in the future :wacko:

 

Nor help folks like Warren, Sanders, and Biden (plus his son), Delany, O'Rourke, Klobuchar, Booker, Bennet, Hickenlooper, etc.  Most of the Dem Candidates... let's not forget the net worth of Hillary/Bill  :rolleyes:

 

Yes, I expect all of these folks to create a fund to provide free education, open borders, free healthcare to all plus illegals... let's hold our breath while they put their money where their mouth is :D

hah, no, steyer I believe is a visitor to lil st jimmy, and this is his last ditch attempt to avoid prosecution, by running for president :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dawei said:

So, to paraphrase:  He is tired of a government which has made him rich and is going to change it so that does not happen in the future :wacko:

 

 

Why not paraphrase  it as.  He is in the position were he can affect changes for those he  now has the  responsibility for,  instead of running a business and taking advantage of  existing laws to run a business for those who benefit from the profit of the business. .

 

Or do you feel it should be some community organizer who never ran anything nor had any responsibility to do so should be elected president..

 

Image result for image of obama community organizer

 

Oh waite,,, thats happened  about 2 yrs ago spanning some 8 yrs....mmmm

 

 

Edited by windwalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, windwalker said:

 

 

Why not paraphrase  it as.  He is in the position were he can affect changes for those he  now has the  responsibility for,  instead of running a business and taking advantage of  existing laws to run a business for those who benefit from the profit of the business. .

 

Or do you feel it should be some community organizer who never ran anything nor had any responsibility to do so should be elected president..

 

Image result for image of obama community organizer

 

Oh waite,,, thats happened  about 2 yrs ago spanning some 8 yrs....mmmm

 

 

 

I likely prefer business minded people but as long as they are not blowing smoke.  He’s already sounding like all the others on the left.  So no real plan and that usually ends with no need to keep any empty promises.

 

i heard a good critic of the candidates. They hold commonality on Trump but are void of realistic policies they agree on.  The wide open field to set yourself apart is as Obama said of them: a circular firing squad.

 

Get ready for more bread and circus.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dawei said:

Trump's Social Media Summit excludes FB, Google and Twitter :huh:

 

So it seems that the left is attacking the meeting as a right wing thingy...

 

SO let me get this straight... when those on the left accuse folks of stuff... they should be listened to, believed and given a platform to air their accusations.  But if it happens on the right, then it is not acceptable :rolleyes:

 

My first impression now on why the big three are not there is because they are the software platforms that have been censoring folks; and the folks invited were actual online contributors who have spoken out about censorship.   So they have been given a platform to air their concerns. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

So it seems that the left is attacking the meeting as a right wing thingy...

 

SO let me get this straight... when those on the left accuse folks of stuff... they should be listened to, believed and given a platform to air their accusations.  But if it happens on the right, then it is not acceptable :rolleyes:

 

My first impression now on why the big three are not there is because they are the software platforms that have been censoring folks; and the folks invited were actual online contributors who have spoken out about censorship.   So they have been given a platform to air their concerns. :)

Yeah, he says that , he sees these folks as representative of the responsible journalists and influencers who may have some issues to air about the platforms , It makes sense that these are people who are not just airing a gripe , but want the system to work. I wouldn't be too worked up about who was invited or not. .. They didn't invite me either! :P

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Yeah, he says that , he sees these folks as representative of the responsible journalists and influencers who may have some issues to air about the platforms , It makes sense that these are people who are not just airing a gripe , but want the system to work. I wouldn't be too worked up about who was invited or not. .. They didn't invite me either! :P


Trump did clarify in the meeting... that the big three are going to be invited in the coming month(s) to discuss what this group comes up with.   That makes sense; you should know the issues before bringing them to the software platform makers.

 

Be prepared to hear this nowhere but on the Bums News Network  :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belief remains a problem as most don't want to know reality and some never want to know reality! There is a hierarchy within the human sphere and those that can perceive reality are near the top.  

Edited by Patrick Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites