Sign in to follow this  
Klinsly

Hi from Kyle

Hi everyone, or anyone that reads this more specifically. I'm Kyle I just started Qigong and Neigong practice. For a little background, I'm a surfer and have been on a spiritual path for about 11 years , started in Christianity and had a bit of an awakening and disillusionment starting about  5 or so years ago loaded with a bunch of health problems. This led me to many different alternative ways of healing and introduced me to qigong. Then several years after deep diving into occult and vedic philosophies and starting to meditate consistently. I found my way back to Daoism and Qigong. I love it due to how effective it is. Only been doing it about a month and now my hands feel like there is constant energy flowing from my palms and finger tips it's cool, but I really just want to keep learning as much as I can !

• Like 3

Hello, Klinsly, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Kyle,

Good to have you here. I think surfing and Daoism are natural bedfellows? Also what kind of qigong are you doing? Enjoy the forum. Sounds like you’ll fit in well here. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thanks for the reply, I'm not positive on the type. I've been doing some basic standing practices to move chi, and help blockages, and nei gong sitting meditation with a lot of focus on  lower dantian breathing. My friend has been teaching me, I should ask him that.  

And yes I'm starting to notice that about the surfing, I've tried some other systems and this just fits me much more naturally.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 8:46 PM, Klinsly said:

Thanks for the reply, I'm not positive on the type. I've been doing some basic standing practices to move chi, and help blockages, and nei gong sitting meditation with a lot of focus on  lower dantian breathing. My friend has been teaching me, I should ask him that.  

And yes I'm starting to notice that about the surfing, I've tried some other systems and this just fits me much more naturally.

Great to hear. It’s good you have a friend who is introducing you to some practices. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 6:32 AM, Klinsly said:

my hands feel like there is constant energy flowing from my palms and finger tips it's cool, but I really just want to keep learning as much as I can !

It's nice to meet you, Kyle.

The above quote is facinating to me, if you ever choose to elaborate on this, i would be very interested in reading the details.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Sign in to follow this