jago25_98

VR trance, guided meditation app, EEG

I have bought an Oculus Quest which I have been using for exercise and to help loose a bit of weight. 

1) There is a game called Beat Saber which looks very trance inducing. In particular, a few people have quoted out of body awareness and other trance like states. Care to comment? 

2) There is an app on Oculus Go called 'Guided Meditation'. I don't suppose anyone has seen this app? I'm just curious. 

3) Has anyone here used a cost effective EEG? I notice that the Dreem sleep monitor has some citations behind it but is there anything for biofeedback that's reasonably priced? I've noticed a few results in search here but if you can help me find what I'm looking for with some search terms, please do. 

-j

• Like 1

Great subject, I'd love to hear reviews on it.  I use and collect old fashioned audio hypnotic and guided meditations, daoist, shamanic, trippy, healing..  It'd be nice to see how it goes with the next generation of gear. 

Oculus is being used mostly for gaming.  I hope the time comes soon when its in hospitals and in common use by people with disabilities.  For communication and healing might be its best use. 

• Like 1