voidisyinyang

Secret of the Big Accumulator

http://www.writespirit.net/spirituality/yo...-on-kriya-yoga/

Gurdjieff describes how the body has small accumulators (energy centers) which connect to the big accumulator which in turn taps into the unlimited reserve of cosmic energy. Gurjdieff states that the big accumulator is through the emotional center but he doesn't say WHERE in the body (heart, third eye, etc.)

In Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda emphasizes that the medulla oblongata or the cerebellum is the secret to tapping into the cosmic energy reservoir.

This makes sense since Bill Bodri states that the greatest secret of tantra is to send the energy not through the top of the head but through the medulla oblongata.

Also the Yan Xin method depends on keeping the chin tucked so that the energy reflects from the brain off the hands in front of the lower tan tien -- to enter back into the lower tan tien.

The new secret is to pull the energy from the back of the head -- the cerebellum -- tapping into the cosmic energy -- the big accumulator.

Edited by drew hempel

http://www.writespirit.net/spirituality/yo...-on-kriya-yoga/

Gurdjieff describes how the body has small accumulators (energy centers) which connect to the big accumulator which in turn taps into the unlimited reserve of cosmic energy. Gurjdieff states that the big accumulator is through the emotional center but he doesn't say WHERE in the body (heart, third eye, etc.)

In Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda emphasizes that the medulla oblongata or the cerebellum is the secret to tapping into the cosmic energy reservoir.

This makes sense since Bill Bodri states that the greatest secret of tantra is to send the energy not through the top of the head but through the medulla oblongata.

Also the Yan Xin method depends on keeping the chin tucked so that the energy reflects from the brain off the hands in front of the lower tan tien -- to enter back into the lower tan tien.

The new secret is to pull the energy from the back of the head -- the cerebellum -- tapping into the cosmic energy -- the big accumulator.

Afraid I don't draw the same conclusion. I would like to emphasise that a lot of traditions hold that accumulating energy anywhere in the head is a really bad idea. My vote for big accumulator would be the plain old fashioned LTT.

My reading of Gurdjieff understood him to speak of two accumulators, one large, one small, both in the body.

Because you tap into somthing via the brain, maybe, does not make part of the brain an accumulator. Nor does Bill Bodri's opinion of tantra necessarily have anything to do with it.

I'm sorry if I seem hostile, but there's no rigour in your argument here. Please don't encourage people to accumulate in their heads: that way lies madness. Literally.

Ian, I took that in a much different way. A less literal way...seems like apples & oranges :D I didnt see anything about storing anything there...

I've heard from several sources from different traditions that the crystal palace is the most powerful chakra in the body and is our control center.

Definitely agree to park the energy in the ltt, though, and that too much pranayama work can be problematic.

Hi Drew :)

On what page in "Autobiography of a Yogi" exactly does it say that the medulla is the best place to store energy?

In the book called "The Essence of the Bhagavad Gita - explained by Paramhansa Yogananda -Swami Kriyananda" on page 205 it says : "When the prana and apana are neutralized in breathlessness, the body is sustained by a higher, cosmic energy. What happens is the body's energy is then connected directly to the medulla oblongata, by which connection energy flows directly from a higher source and sustains the body cells from within.

Paramhansa Yogananda developed a system which he called "energization exercises." These, when practiced faithfully, keep the body fit and sustained by higher energy".

On page 304 of that same book, it says this:

"In ordinay, unenlightened human beings, the ego is centered in the medulla oblongata. The yogi looks forward, as it were, from that point to the Kutastha, of "Christ Center" between the eyebrows. The more he concentrates on that point, the more his consciousness becomes identified with it -to the point where his center of self awareness shifts from ego to superconsciousness. Most people, in whatever they do, radiate energy outward from the medulla oblongata at the back of the head -the seat of the ego in the body. An enlightened master, by contrast, radiates energy outward from his transformed self-awareness, which is centered in the Kutastha at the point between the eyebrows. This still is the ego, which even the enlightened man needs in order to keep his body functioning. The divine Self, as differentiated from the enlightened ego, has its center in the heart."

I did the energization exercises for two years. At first they make you feel real good. Then, you start not needing as much sleep. After a few months, I was only doing the exercises 2 or three times a week otherwise I would wake up after 4 hours of sleep and wouldn't know what to do with myself. :)

I don't recall anything in the energization exercises that directly stored energy in the medulla; it is more like the medulla is the antenna that you activate to receive cosmic energy.

Here is a quote from the energization exercises supplement 8-A:

"To obtain maximum results, each exercise should be performed with deepest attention and will power. Keep the eyes closed and focused upward at the Christ Consciousness center between the eyebrows. This center is the polar opposite of the medulla center at the base of the brain. The Christ center is the center of will in man. The medulla is the principle point of entry of cosmic energy into the body. Will is the power that operates the floodgate of the medulla. By keeping the eyes focused at the Christ Center, and visualizing the cosmic energy flowing into the body through the medulla, a direct connection is maintained between the will and the flow of life energy.

Visualize the cosmic energy entering the body through the medulla oblongata, and direct it, by the power of your will, to the body part that you are exercising. Concentrate the energy on the central portion of that body part."

So, the medulla is not a storage place (accumulator) but a gate that opens to tap into the flow of cosmic energy. Perhaps I'm being a stickler for detail here, but I think that trying to store chi, or any kind of energy directly to the medulla is dangerous.. If you're not going to connect directly to the big accumulator in the sky, I would store chi in the lower tan tien..

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Wow -- thanks for the clarification. That fits with my "How to be a Holograph" thread -- as I stated the yin energy is taken in through the eyes and the yang energy is shot out through the pineal gland.

I think the key statement that you posted is that all this still relies on the ego whereas the Divine Self (not the Christ Consciousness) is in the

HEART.

Which is what Ramana Maharshi was focusing on.

It's a very amazing difference.

Yogananda was supposedly celibate yet had a kid on the sly with a student and he got attacked by another Sri Yukteswar student for supposedly going against the traditional teachings, etc.

Just goes to show that even in Christ Consciousness there's still spiritual "battles" so to speak. haha.

When the Divine Self is formless how can it accumulate since it's beyond time and space! haha.

Thanks again.

Hey Tibetan Ice where can I find these energization exercises? You mentioned supplement 8-a is this part of the SRF lessons where they give you a new lesson every 2 weeks or so? I was considering these at one point but did not try them. Is this considered a part of SRF'S Kriya Yoga? Do you direct the energy through the medulla oblangata to an organ in the body you want to heal? I think this region in the brain is mentioned by Yogananda in Scientific Healing Affirmations, which I once read but I am not sure about the other books. I also think that Yogananda having a kid is debatable, I guess a dna test would solve the debate. Does anyone know if there is evidence of this? SRF strongly denies this and thinks it is jealosy from other Kriya Yoga people, but I also heard the alleged son in question looked a lot like Yogananda.

Hey Tibetan Ice where can I find these energization exercises? You mentioned supplement 8-a is this part of the SRF lessons where they give you a new lesson every 2 weeks or so? I was considering these at one point but did not try them. Is this considered a part of SRF'S Kriya Yoga? Do you direct the energy through the medulla oblangata to an organ in the body you want to heal? I think this region in the brain is mentioned by Yogananda in Scientific Healing Affirmations, which I once read but I am not sure about the other books. I also think that Yogananda having a kid is debatable, I guess a dna test would solve the debate. Does anyone know if there is evidence of this? SRF strongly denies this and thinks it is jealosy from other Kriya Yoga people, but I also heard the alleged son in question looked a lot like Yogananda.

Hi billb :)

The lessons come every two weeks. Payment was by donation (10 years ago). The energization exercises start at lesson 8.. Here is their website Self Realization Fellowship

The lessons were on the web at one point but now there is a phentermine advertisement instead.. the link must have gotten hijacked..

Is this considered a part of SRF'S Kriya Yoga?

I don't know for sure. Probably. ??

Do you direct the energy through the medulla oblangata to an organ in the body you want to heal? ]

Yes. You use light tension and direct energy to it.

I also think that Yogananda having a kid is debatable

I am not concerned with this topic.. :)

TI