Zero Inf

Problems most might not understand!

Hello daobums,

After joining I have been reading the forums and posts. I find lot of info but not much clarification. Here are some problems and questions I had in mind:

1. I come from an asian country. My country is a developing country in this era. The place I live there are no training centers where they teach qigong, cultivation techniques, martial arts etc. I as a grown man know around 100km of area but there are nothing as such and this certainly is true. There are some gyms and centers where they claim they teach martial arts but most of them say it's either for women or for boys under the age of 16. So I find them as more of business guys rather than true teachers. In real life situations the martial arts you learn fail to provide what you were promised while learning even having very good teachers and here there are centers who are afraid to accept men. So I'm not saying without knowing or looking for but I can't find any teachers here who can personally guide me in the path of betterment. So all I want to learn I can only learn online from free materials.

Now after stating a problem I have a question about how I can learn cultivation of energy by myself? Where can I find step by step informations to progress.

2. A lot of people suggest books and materials which is good but to be very honest from the socio-economic place I hail from it's hard to obtain these materials. Let me explain in a more understanding manner. Someone around the age of 18-20 who started earning has an average income of $120-125 per month. With this much you can very very barely reach a months end before starting a new month. Even saving $5 is a hassle. This is no story it's the harsh reality. Now when you suggest a $20 book on amazon for studying qigong basics one would have to skip lunch for around 15 days. So one would rather want not to feel starved rather than reading a book. That's why I asked for materials for free which can teach me Martial arts, Qigong, Cultivation etc. principles, fundementals and so on. Some of you may think of us as poor country bumpinks from your socio-economic standards but that's how it is. There is bright lights in one side of the world and there is darkness in the other.

3. While lifting weights in gyms can we corporate abdominal and reverse abdominal breathing in it? Will it do good or harm us? Anyone have experience it that?

4. As stated above if anyone is fated here to help others can help me with resources for which I won't have to skip meals and can learn step by step from scratch, please lend me a hand. Compassion and Kindness is the basis of all cultivation I know so I guess! I hope I will have some divine fate to venture in the path of cultivation ~

Edited by Zero Inf

Hi Zero Inf,

There are videos available here on the site, usually embedded from Youtube, some of which appear quite good.  Also quite a few great practices posted by members available for free.  A lot depends on what you are looking for, hoping to accomplish.  Yes, it´s discouraging that live instruction isn´t available in your area and that paid materials are out of economic reach.  Even so, what´s most important is your own dedication and determination.  If you can log on here, help is available.

• Thanks 1

Can I get info on when and how to practice Yi jin jing (muscle/tendon restructure) and Xi sui jing (Bone marrow washing)

This website has very thorough instructions in the "Methods" section on how to perform Zhineng forms. They are very close to what is in Dr. Pang's books.

http://www.zhinengqigong.org/index.html

If you have access to YouTube, search "Gina Lim Zhineng Qigong". She has very good free videos that demonstrate the movements.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Zero Inf said:

3. While lifting weights in gyms can we corporate abdominal and reverse abdominal breathing in it? Will it do good or harm us? Anyone have experience it that?

Can anyone answer this question?

22 hours ago, Zero Inf said:

Now after stating a problem I have a question about how I can learn cultivation of energy by myself? Where can I find step by step informations to progress.

Nowhere.

At least not free on the internet without guidance from a teacher.

The only book i know which supposedly does that is Franz Bardon's Initiation to the Hermetics but i don't think that it is what you are looking for. 

Plus you are not telling us what you are aiming for!

Do you want health? Martial Power? Electric qi? Summoning entities? Astral projection? Psychic abilities?

These are not goals that go together most of the time.

22 hours ago, Zero Inf said:

That's why I asked for materials for free which can teach me Martial arts, Qigong, Cultivation etc. principles, fundementals and so on.

Material on Zhan Zhuang is free on the internet. Most of the basics at least, which can get you far.

There are also many free systems on the internet. Just pick one and practice.

Once again you need to tell us what you want.

There is no system that does everything.

23 hours ago, Zero Inf said:

12 minutes ago, Zork said:

Plus you are not telling us what you are aiming for!

Do you want health? Martial Power? Electric qi? Summoning entities? Astral projection? Psychic abilities?

Sorry, but at first I wasn't sure whatI wanted.

But now I guess I have my initial goal which is that - I want to temper my physical body making it stronger and reach a higher level and in this process I also want to gain deep connection with my mind and body which has harmonious balance and Unwavering intention so when I do something I can truly focus on that with all I have.

So to sum it up - Temper my body and reach a higher stronger level; Gaining harmony with mind, body, soul; Strong mental capabilities focus, insight etc.

So to sum it up - Temper my body and reach a higher stronger level; Gaining harmony with mind, body, soul; Strong mental capabilities focus, insight etc.

Then do Zhan Zhuang as it was suggested above. Try to stand as much as you can in one stance. Your end goal is to go for a full hour.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, Zero Inf said:

Do not do reverse abdominal breathing when lifting weights. Take air in at the beginning of a lift let it out at the end. Have you ever seen a power lifter let out a big yell at the end of a lift?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, escott said:

Do not do reverse abdominal breathing when lifting weights. Take air in at the beginning of a lift let it out at the end. Have you ever seen a power lifter let out a big yell at the end of a lift?

I see. Thanks for informing!

If you want to do some moving routines to boost your energy and strengthen your tendons try Ba Dua Jin, 5 Animals Frolic, Yi Jin Jing. They are classic exercises, information is widely available, and all free.

Another tip on strength training, it's not always about having big muscles (although, that's nice to have), but it's more about training your nervous system. The body is a very efficient machine. It is trying to conserve energy. Most of the time, even during weight lifting, your body is only recruiting about half of your muscles. Part of what doing multiple repetitions does is to tire some muscles so that other new ones get recruited to take their place and also get strengthened. That's what will make your muscles bigger. Doing low reps and even one rep at close to your max will cause your body to use all your muscles at once. This takes practice, though. It's going to take time to retrain your nervous system to do something it's not naturally inclined to do.

Edited by escott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2019 at 11:51 PM, escott said:

If you want to do some moving routines to boost your energy and strengthen your tendons try Ba Dua Jin, 5 Animals Frolic, Yi Jin Jing. They are classic exercises, information is widely available, and all free.

Can you give me some links and resources for me to go through? There are so much information I'm overwhelmed which is real, whoch to follow and what not.

This is a good video to start with. It follows the same movements given by Lam Kam Chuen in The Way of Energy.

There are many different versions, this is a great start.

2 minutes ago, escott said:

There are many different versions, this is a great start.

Thanks, I found interesting pair of Yi jin jing and Xi sui jing? Can we practice them as beginners?

Is there any meditation technique or breathing techniques that complements martal techniques?

24 minutes ago, Zero Inf said:

Thanks, I found interesting pair of Yi jin jing and Xi sui jing? Can we practice them as beginners?

Is there any meditation technique or breathing techniques that complements martal techniques?

I really like the instruction and routine posted in this recent thread.

Well, by being one who does not have allot of money, you are developing strong character. So in turn, this will yield you the ability to own more money, without it weighing down on you, and this in turn, will naturally allow the money to just come to you, whatever way it will. And so effortlessly flow towards whatever you will.

Freedom is like any muscle, you need to utilize it, and your ability to utilize it becomes better. And when it becomes better, you will want to utilize more of it, and you will thus gain the ability to utilize more of it, in the exact way you utilize the moreness of it, in your own unique way. That is by far not limitted to money alone AT ALL.

You need to have a way of understanding what your true freedom really is, and your natural state of abbundance, which is simply the ability to do what you need to do, when you need to do it. Which is something you always have. Often in very life despairing situations, the thing you need to do, is often a very small simple and easy thing. that if you simply allow yourself to do it, then the despair will instantly just fade a way, it can simply be even as small as a small act of kindness towards yourself, to care more about yourself and for yourself, and you always have the ability to do that without needing to harm anyone in the process, you need to take, to allow your life to naturally come back into order. It is always a releasing of resistance, to the thing you actually DO want to be doing. So not holding on to the fear of doing it, but allow yourself to do it, and simply allow the experience and simply have faith, that all will turn out for the better, if you just allow yourself to be true to who you truely are. That you do deserve to be supported in who you truely want to be.

For if you do not believe that you deserve to be supported in who you truely want to be, then how can the universe yield to you the full support in allowing you the moreness of all that you truely want to be do or have, if you do not even acknowledge it, by completely ignoring your ability to do what you really want to be doing. Because that is what you truely want to be doing. Then the universe simply has no way of showing you, how you can be supported, if you do not believe you will be supported in being who you truely want to be. So the experience goes hard, because you are then trying to be something which you are not. And then you simply let go, and naturally, your freedom is allowed to be effortlessly restored back into full realisation, of your evermore being and becoming all the more of all the freedom and joy of all that you want to be the evermore becoming of it. in whatever way you wish to be your evermore becoming of all of it.

By allowing yourself to do what you need to do when you need to do it. And not make a big deal out of it. For you always deserve to be who you truely are. And you will always be supported in all of that. No matter who you are your evermore being and becoming of it. You will always have the ability to allow your very own greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. Including the true wealth that you contain within yourself. That you can always gain the ability to express it more fully always in your here and now, in whatever way you will always be inspired to be doing so. In full trust and faith in your own evermore greater allowed ability to realise and allow your very own greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore.

Whenever you feel like you don't have something you need. Means that you already have it. For if you did not feel like you truely need it, then you woulden't have it, you woulden't contain it, and so you also woulden't even be able to feel the need that you need to have it. Why? Because you already contain it! So you NEED TO ALLOW YOURSELF TO ALREADY HAVE IT, because you already have it.

So whenever you feel you need something that you don't have, always just realise, that you already have it, you just need to meet the very thing that you already have, in the way that you already have it, for the purpose of the greater more fully allowed realisation of the very evermore being and becoming of it in and of and as and with and through and for you....

Who and what it truely is and where it truely already is, and where you thus then can always have the ability to recognize it, through your ability to allow yourself to already have it, as it is who you truely are, and it is being and becoming evermore, and you simply allow this joy of having and being and doing whatever you want to be having being and doing, as your own evermore unique being and becoming evermore, as all the ways that existance has of coming to know itself, through you!  and then you allow yourself the evermore greater allowed realisation of the evermore greater being and becoming of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. For you do truely already contain this abbundance, and this freedom that your abbundance of  your ability to do what you need to do when you need to do it, gives you. Just because you do something differently, does not make you any less abbundant than someone else who does it equally as differently aswell. Some people do utilize more of their freedom and abbundance, so what. It's all the same, and evermore unique. Earning one dollar, and 5 billion is not any different.

For we all utilize our abbundance in and from and through many different ways. Of which money is just one of the many infinite ways that all of creation has of coming to know itself through all the different forms that all of creation is.

So when you realise, that this ease and relaxation, and confidence, and freedom, carefree and free to care about all the things you truely do want to be caring about, that you truely desire, will always yield you the ability to care more fully about all the things you truely do want to be caring about, for you care about all the things you truely love, and that is the whole point, of your freedom to be who it is you truely are. And that is why you will also always be fully supported in all of that. As you always are, unconditionally, meaning under any and all conditions, truely free to care about all the things you truely do care about, because you truely WANT to be caring about these things in your life, and that is why it feels good to do so, and that is why it also is who you truely are being and becoming the evermoreness of all of it evermore. Evermore. Ongoingly. As your very own unique expression that you are of all of creation.  There is infinite value in that. Evermore. So love all the things that you truely are, because you truely do love all the things you truely do love in life. And if you love money, then love money. If not, then you will simply allow that to help you realise what you do love, because how can you know who you are if you cannot know who you are not? You need to have a way of knowing! And your ability to feel, is always helping you realise all of that you truely do want to be doing, being or having, for it is who you truely are! So trust your emotional guidance system, for it will always point you in the right way. Evermore. And evermore ongoingly.

So, to the best of your ability. Untill you can take it no further, and then look around, and again, what do you love the most in life. Right here and now. What is it you truely want to be doing or having or being. And simply do that. And again and again. Evermore. And there you got your eternity and infinity, and you simply allow it in the moment, or not. And if you do not, then you can also know more clearly how to allow it more fully aswell. So don't make a big deal out of it if you're not, because you will ALWAYS be your own unique evermore being and becoming of the evermore of all the things you will always be your very own unique evermore being and becoming of all of it evermore. So enjoy it, and relax, don't take it so seriously. Nothing serious is ever going on. EVER. You are all free, evermore. And you are all infinitely abbundant evermore. For whatever meaning you give to all of creation, and what you truely love and value, you will always receive it. So might aswell allow it to be so, and consciously more fully allow your very own greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore.

And again, if you feel like you don't have it, you just need to recognize where it already is. You cannot feel the absence of something, and allow it at the same time. You need to look where you already have it, in your ability to FEEL the very thing you truely do want, and need, because you truely do already have it, otherwise you woulden't feel need to have it. For it is who you truely are, how can you not allow yourself to realise that? Simply impossible. So you truely do need to allow your evermore greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore, in order to allow your evermore greater allowed realisation of it being and becoming evermore as all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. For you will always be fully supported in all of that, through your love for the moreness of all the freedom of all the joy of all of that which you truely want to be doing or having or being, being and becoming the evermore being and becoming of all the moreness of all your evermore greater allowed freedom and joy.

So go for it, and don't look back, for if you do look back! I warn you, the thing you really want, will come chasing after you, for ever and ever, untill you are tired, and you let go, and drop on the floor. And then you can no longer run away from all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. And then you truely will be free. So flip the switch, and be willing, to be who it is you truely are being and becoming evermore. In every here and now moment. In full allowed realisation of all that you truely do want to be do or have, and in full UNCONDITIONAL joy and love for and of all the things you truely want to be do or have, in your evermore allowed greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. Truely yours. For it is who you truely are being and becoming. Evermore.

Even if you temporarily block it, that will never make any difference. Because you are an eternal being, and you can't get it wrong, and you will never ever get it done. Ever. So enjoy the ride, of being and becoming, evermore. Of all the things that you truely love to be do or have, because it is of who you truely already are your evermore being and becoming of it, evermore.

And if you feel like you lose sight of that, which you cannot ever really do, then simply know, that you cannot lose sight of that, why? Because then you would be feeling that you are losing sight of that, and that means that you cannot lose sight of it. For if you don't feel good, you are blocking yourself, from realising who you truely are, and then the emotion thus will always guide you back to who it is you truely are as all that you truely are being and becoming evermore.

And you will always have the full ability to feel better again, by simply allowing your evermore greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore. Because you truely do want to be your own evermore greater allowed realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming evermore, because it is all of who you truely love and what you truely love and who you truely are and becoming, evermore.

As all the ways that existance has of coming to know itself from all the different points of view that you all are, as and of existance. And you belong perfectly as who you truely are, and you deserve to be thus then perfectly who you truely are, FOR HOW CAN CREATION BE COMPLETE?! WITHOUT YOU! Then it woulden't be ALL THAT IS. Then there would simply be nothing! Then the entire structure would instantly collapse in on itself! Then all of existance would simply vanish and stop being and becoming. And that will simply never ever happen. Why? Because there is no room in non-existance for all the things that do exist. For non existance, already, doesn't exist. And it cannot and will never be able to become all that does exist.

And if you fear that, you are eternal, then you simply denie all the things you want in and as and of life and do deserve, for yourself, only for yourself ever, no one else can ever, or will ever be able to do that to or for you. And so no one can or will ever be able to allow you, except YOU, to allow yourself, to be all that it is you truely are being and becoming evermore. As all that you truely do want to be or do or have, because you truely are being and doing or having all those things you want evermore. In your effortlessly, easily, joyously fully allowed blown awareness and evermore allowed greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming the evermore being and becoming of, evermore.

Edited by Everything

On 7/3/2019 at 5:40 AM, Zero Inf said:

I do this for squats, leg press, deadlift, anything that involves the whole body.  So long as the movements are natural and harmonious with the action, there's no harm - but when you have some energyflux to work with, it becomes part of the exercise, like leg pressing just feels like I'm using the dantien for it and my legs are just along for the ride.

2 hours ago, joeblast said:

I do this for squats, leg press, deadlift

In case you’re planning on doing any YJJ based art - heavy weight work will stop any progress on developing the ‘internals’...

I had to stop all weighted (and even some of the more extreme bodyweight) exercises to carry on with my teacher :(

31 minutes ago, freeform said:

In case you’re planning on doing any YJJ based art - heavy weight work will stop any progress on developing the ‘internals’...

I had to stop all weighted (and even some of the more extreme bodyweight) exercises to carry on with my teacher :(

I actually keep my weights pretty light - with no spinous process on my L5, its difficult to do much weight, I mean, I usually start out with 95lbs on deadlift.  I'm kinda surprised I put on as much muscle as I did never even having gone over 2 plates on the squat machine.  I was kinda pissed, I'd just bought all new jeans and then 2 months later change my lifting routine, 6 months after that and my jeans feel painted on, lol.  It was always easy for me to build muscle, I gotta stay light and avoid too much muscle building.  (Its not like I never lifted legs before either, I remember doing 6 plates a side leg pressing back in '04 no problem...)

Edited by joeblast

On 7/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, Everything said:

In your effortlessly, easily, joyously fully allowed blown awareness and evermore allowed greater realisation of all that you truely are being and becoming the evermore being and becoming of, evermore.

Thank you for these encouraging words. I appreciate it ~

Re question nr 3.

Yes, you should use abdominal breathing while weight lifting, BUT only once you’ve gotten a very good, i’d say deep even, bit of practice with it.

Until you can breathe abdominally without lifting shoulders, tensing up, loosing posture and other kinks that mean you haven learned to engage movement only in the relevant parts of your body.

To do this is suggest you dont mind breathing techniques while weight lifting and instead focus on what is called Song Gong for your overall body development and standing meditation for the breathing techniques.

Hello,

If you could state where you live it would be a lot easier for us to help you out. Asia is huge and there are many teachers scattered around. If you live in Sri Lanka is going to be tough to find a teacher, in Thailand not a big deal as believe it or not you can find competent IMA teachers living in that country!

I have attached a PDF file to the official Bagua thread (located under the Systems and Teachers of subforum) which will give you a good insight of what this is all about. It's called "Bagua, Life & the Mind." Hope you find it useful. :) 

*My personal advice: Learning from books or any other self-help material in our modern age will only give you a very limited progress in the arduous and highly complex path you have ahead of you.

Edited by Gerard