Cosmic Soldier

robert peng yi jin jing

I haven't but I know his work and lineage is quite good.

He is an accomplished master, and has manifested qi treatments that feel like being zapped with electricity.

• Like 1

Soundstrue.com has some of his courses.  Including his Lotus meditation on sale for 60 cents.  Just a tiny bit of the course but might be a way to see if you connect. 

https://www.soundstrue.com/store/nsearch/?q=robert+peng

addon

and as zerotao link below points out.  You can sample the 14 week course.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 11:12 PM, thelerner said:

Soundstrue.com has some of his courses.  Including his Lotus meditation on sale for 60 cents.  Just a tiny bit of the course but might be a way to see if you connect. 

https://www.soundstrue.com/store/nsearch/?q=robert+peng

addon

and as zerotao link below points out.  You can sample the 14 week course.

Seen that. Thanks. I've got a couple of his courses. I like his style.

23 hours ago, escott said:

You can get his course for $11.99 on Udemy right now. There are actually a lot of good qigong courses on Udemy.

https://www.udemy.com/sounds-true-qigong-robert-peng/

I like Udemy. They have some really good courses. Check out Vimeo - there are some good courses there as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks @Cosmic Soldier for bringing this to my attention.  Looks interesting.  There´s an online course starting July 20 and I think I´m going to do it.

You're welcome @liminal_luke

Even though I couldn't find any reviews I have signed up for it. His reputation alone is more than good enough to take a chance on this.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, JohnC said:

I haven't but I know his work and lineage is quite good.

He is an accomplished master, and has manifested qi treatments that feel like being zapped with electricity.

Sounds interesting.

Can you share any details on his lineage?

On 8/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, flyinghigh said:

Sounds interesting.

Can you share any details on his lineage?

What I know I learned from his book:

http://www.robertpeng.com/products.php

He trained with Xiao Yao during the cultural revolution, and reached a high degree of cultivation. It is an entertaining read, and illuminating.

It is interesting to notice the similarities in his training and recommendations and Master Chun Yi lin, who also trained with Xiao Yao, and went on to train with other masters including Yaunming Zhang.

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

I´m taking his online Yi Jin Jing course right now and recommend it.  Each of the twelve basic movements correspond with an organ (and, I´m assuming, the corresponding meridian).  So far we´ve done Lung and Large Intestine.  There´s equal emphasis on emotional and physical healing.  For example, the Large Intestine work has to do with letting go of stagnation in our lives -- both the stagnation of blocked waste material (constipation) and emotional stagnation.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, JohnC said:

What I know I learned from his book:

http://www.robertpeng.com/products.php

He trained with Xiao Yao during the cultural revolution, and reached a high degree of cultivation. It is an entertaining read, and illuminating.

It is interesting to notice the similarities in his training and recommendations and Master Chun Yi lin, who also trained with Xiao Yao, and went on to train with other masters including Yaunming Zhang.

Thank you.

Do you have any more info on Xiao Yao and any reference to Chunyi Lin studying with him?

Edited by flyinghigh

14 hours ago, flyinghigh said:

Thank you.

Do you have any more info on Xiao Yao and any reference to Chunyi Lin studying with him?

Mater Lin's book recounts it some, but doesn't go into details about his training the same way Master Peng's does.

It does seem like Xiao Yao has influenced a number of high quality western masters though. Seeing some of Effie Chow's emphasis on the microcosmic orbit/small universe, I wonder if she trained with him as well.

I´m taking the online course and we´ve just gotten to the movement for the heart.  Last night I felt the gentle warmth of heart chi in a way I never have before.  It allowed me to make a necessary apology to my partner and feel close.

• Like 2

So far the course has been great for me.  Peng says that if he had to pick one word to describe the practice it would be "mighty."  I can see that.  Yesterday during practice I found myself in a very determined, warriorlike state of mind.  Not angry, just very yang.  Anyway, that´s how I´d describe it.  

I mention this because it´s so different from my usual way of being which is a lot softer.  While I´m not sure I´d like to go through life stuck in warrior mode, it´s been good to touch in with this end of the spectrum.

After practice I took a nap and for a little while after I woke up I was different -- more extroverted, saying whatever came to mind with less of a filter.  This change didn´t last more than an hour or so but I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Sounds like you’re building Yang :)

Just make sure to avoid yang tonics and Qi tonics (like ginseng or most other herbal supplements)...

I really like chlorella and spirulina for their yin replenishing qualities (which helps fuel the yang).

Try to laugh a bit more than usual too :)

If you want it to further contribute to your life you can try a few lifestyle habits that improve the efficiency of the yang quality.

1. Wake up at the same time every day. When you wake, get up straight away - don’t snooze.

2. Increase aerobic / conditioning type exercise.

3. Take responsibility for something. You probably do already, but find what it is you take responsibility for and make more of a conscious concerted effort of it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, JohnC said:

Mater Lin's book recounts it some, but doesn't go into details about his training the same way Master Peng's does.

It does seem like Xiao Yao has influenced a number of high quality western masters though. Seeing some of Effie Chow's emphasis on the microcosmic orbit/small universe, I wonder if she trained with him as well.

Actually the "small universe" meditation of SFQ is more likely based on Zhong Gong since they do what's called an "accelerated small universe" meditation. So if Effie P. Chow promotes small universe (I don't remember her mentioning it) she could very easily have gotten it from a number of other sources than Xiao Yao.

Do you have any link for Effie Chow talking about the small universe meditation? thanks

http://yang-sheng.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Yang-Sheng-March-April-2012.pdf

this is the only hit I get - I didn't realize this pdf magazine-journal combines Mantak Chia with Effie Chow with Robert Peng, etc.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Are you still practicing this? How is it going for you?

Thanks for asking.  I´ve been taking a break and am just about to cycle back into it.  Highly recommend the class.  Robert says that if he had to pick one word for Yi Jin Jing it would be "mighty."  Supposedly, long-term practitioners are able to perform feats of great strength.  (One class participant who´d taken the course before reported this result.)  I didn´t get any stronger but did start to develop a fierce warriorlike attitude that was new to me and felt good.  I suspect that individual results vary greatly according to what a person needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Qi said:

im thinking of taking the feb class , do you get to download the classes so you can watch them when you need to ?

Here´s the way the course is structured: Saturdays are teaching days when new material taught.  Then, Sunday through Friday, you practice that material following along with practice videos given for each day (all the practice videos for the week are the same).  The first week covers breathing that will be used throughout the practice.  In subsequent weeks, a new Yi Jin Jing movement that corresponds to a meridian/organ is taught -- lung, large intestine, etc.  Some information is given about the psychological effects of having that organ in good working order or not.  For instance, a messed up large intestine leads to "stagnation" and a well tuned one leads to "letting go."  There are two or three live webinars where there´s an opportunity to ask Robert practice questions.

New material is made available as the days and weeks pass and you can always go back and review past days.  The class videos can´t be downloaded (maybe the audio can be) but everything is available for a year after the course starts on the website.  You can practice whenever you like.  

At the end of the course there are three different videos of the complete practice that are available to be downloaded and saved "forever" on your computer or whatever.  The difference between the three videos is the length of practice.  

Hope this is clear and helpful.  Feel free to ask more questions if you like.  (Or you could always go "straight to the horses´s mouth" and email Robert.)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

@liminal_luke Thinking of taking the course starting next month. Quick question on the exercises: is there much in the way of visualisation?

I tried his Master Key series recently and was put off quite a bit by the amount of visualisation that requires.

Edited by Vajra Fist

On 31/7/2020 at 4:57 AM, Vajra Fist said:

@liminal_luke Thinking of taking the course starting next month. Quick question on the exercises: is there much in the way of visualisation?

I tried his Master Key series recently and was put off quite a bit by the amount of visualisation that requires.

Very little.  There is some here and there but I don´t think it´s integral to your success with the practice.  The main practice consists of alternating periods of movement and still awareness where you´re feeling the effects of the movement.  For one of the movements he says "feel the chi go to your brain and kidneys" but there´s no emphasis on visualization there per se.  I´d say you could do the whole thing and just ignore occasional bits of visualization and receive all the benefit.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1