lightbody09

Hi everyone, I'm looking for real practices for light body/rainbow body

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

It was either Einstein or David Bohm that postulated that matter is compressed/condensed light. Nothing esoteric about that. 

What is your take on this topic? What are your thoughts about body of light and the whole direction towards it? and what is to follow? I am sure you comprehend the mechanics of it, that is to say how it all works.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

It would not be surprising Sufi practices also found its way into the higher Kriyas.

This phenomenon is beyond any intentional practice or kriya. 

9 minutes ago, ralis said:

This phenomenon is beyond any intentional practice or kriya. 

Yes it is.

51 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

What is your take on this topic? What are your thoughts about body of light and the whole direction towards it? and what is to follow? I am sure you comprehend the mechanics of it, that is to say how it all works.

Thanks.

I don’t discuss this much since a few here have responded with derision in the past. While on retreat above Death Valley on the Panamint Range I experienced close to a dissolution of my physical body. It seemed to start while sky gazing in which the light had a profound effect. What exactly occurred is difficult to elaborate in which any advanced language would not be adequate. 

Sky gazing must be practiced in a very specific way which is taught in the Longde or space series of instructions. 

Edited by ralis
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, lightbody09 said:

Are you looking for something similar @Taoist Texts or have any tips you feel to share? :) 

Edited 2 hours ago by lightbody09

May be similar, but found already. Also, there is no such thing as rainbow body.

When I stated “close to a dissolution” that is not a precise way of describing this process. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taoist Texts said:

May be similar, but found already. Also, there is no such thing as rainbow body.

By what criteria are you basing your absolute assumption on?

• Thanks 4

Ecstasy may be a way to best describe this phenomenon? Are states of ecstasy as introduced by teachers a gateway to rainbow body experience?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Ecstasy may be a way to best describe this phenomenon? Are states of ecstasy as introduced by teachers a gateway to rainbow body experience?

Which phenomenon are you referring to? 

Just now, Pilgrim said:

Which phenomenon are you referring to? 

Rainbow body. I am just postulating ideas for discussion. Everyone must be taking a Sunday afternoon siesta. 

• Like 1

So are you asking if ecstasy as introduced by teachers a gateway to the rainbow body experience? 

If so I do not know but would like to.

18 hours ago, ralis said:

Very well, now we are really talking, and things are getting interesting!

This is a fascinating idea.

When years ago a boundless ecstasy overwhelmed me, there was light as well. 

Due to the fact my physical body couldn't handle that ecstasy after a while (and I'll state that I'm pretty sure any physical body can't for long periods, at least at the current stage of evolution) I felt I was fading, so I had to lay down, and other stuff happened.

However, I'm also pretty sure rainbow body didn't happen in that case for me.

But, there may be some truth in what Ralis is saying, even though I feel it can happen even without going through ecstasy.

The sky gazing is a tibetan practice as far as I know, it's super interesting to hear somebody who actually practiced it (and still practice?), now I don't recall the name of it though.

19 hours ago, ralis said:

I don’t discuss this much since a few here have responded with derision in the past

I kindly and warmly invite you to discuss it, at least privately with me if you don't wanna do it in public. I can assure you my approach is different to say the least.

P.s. I'm not surprised also jesuits are into that coz, as ralis said, they are known (even if I don't know a thing about them) for their perspicacity. And actually there is a connection with Jesus resurrection...

@Pilgrim Thx a lot once again for all your inputs and for encouraging ralis to add more of his knowledge at the discussion ;) 

@ilumairen Thx for that book input!

@Taoist Texts It'd be nice if you could add some useful comments or share your experience. Otherwise you are just wasting time.

Edited by lightbody09

Good morning @lightbody09, pleased to meet you. I can't be sure if we're all even talking about the same thing, but as regards your original inquiry, I think I heard someone say that everything you'd need to know about the process is in here: https://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/Taoist-Yoga-Alchemy-and-Immortality.pdf

I've not finished it, but the basic premise as I understood was that if you somehow manage to never orgasm again, then that pure life ingredient builds up until you eventually shoot out the top of your head as a beam of light. Pretty intense, and easier said than done. It's not necessarily the safest route, either. You have to know how to actively circulate things, not unlike stirring a cooking pot or else you get burned on the bottom and boiled off the top. And if you go at it without the proper foundation, chances are you just blow a gasket somewhere along the way before getting all the way to the top, and end up worse than if you'd not even tried. 

Welcome to the site! May the gods be ever in your favor.

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 1

What is Light?

What is a human body?

Light is a vibration. "Electromagnetic" vibration.

Body is matter.

Dark is the absence of Light.

And Light is an action, a movement.

Consider what Light and the Body are - one is action, the other is materials.

This body has formed by actions on materials.

Without the materials, the actions just keep moving and do not encounter materials, and many of the actions do not happen.

When sunlight hits materials there is heat. If the sunlight hits no materials - no heat.

Hot air is a material.

So be careful breathing someone else's hot air about Light and Bodies.

Light is often visible.

So wait until you actually see the Light.

When you see it, you have found it.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there anything greater than the bliss of the silence of self.

You are fully, but silently.

It is deep and mysterious, but real and solid, undisturbable like a mountain.

real and real and real

It is real.

Reality is shocking.

Then people talk of ecstasy energy bodies and lights.   What are they talking about?  They are just projecting human chaos and noisy experience onto spirituality.

Abiding in the self does indeed emanate from a body, the body of your higher nature or soul, which is of a different substance that the physical body.   And when you meditate correctly then you do cultivate this body.

However the point of it all is to be your true identity.

Identity is it.

I Am.

I Am Real.

Edited by rideforever

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

real and real and real

It is real.

Reality is shocking.

Then people talk of ecstasy energy bodies and lights.   What are they talking about?  They are just projecting human chaos and noisy experience onto spirituality.

Abiding in the self does indeed emanate from a body, the body of your higher nature or soul, which is of a different substance that the physical body.   And when you meditate correctly then you do cultivate this body.

Identity is it.

I Am.

I Am Real.

Yes, there are things much greater than the bliss of silence :)

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

Not the bliss of silence.

The bliss of the silence of the self.

Yes, greater than the bliss of silence of the self.

Please post relevant to the OP request to discuss the rainbow body phenomenon. Texts, experience or teachings!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rideforever said:

real and real and real

It is real.

Reality is shocking.

Identity is it.

I Am.

I Am Real.

Sure, I agree and I'm grateful every single day to feel that way too.

However you can't deny there are some differences between for example Ramana Maharshi and Eckhart Tolle, or between Jesus and Moji, I could go on...

Moreover you can't deny there are certain phenomena as well as degrees of depth/abiding/consciousness, even though yes we all agree everything is energy/consciousness, etc.

Otherwise we just use Advaita approach and we end the discussion in 1 second, with just one statement.

That would be a very narrow perspective, especially once you have the experience of it because, if you are honest towards yourself and others, you recognize that even though everything is consciousness and you abide in Sat-Chit-Ananda, life goes on!

And that's precisely the reason why a person, no matter how evolved he/she is, can always improve his/her way to behave for instance, to say the least.

And that's precisely the reason why certain saints have some degrees of evolution and a certain behaviour, and others have different ones.

Edited by lightbody09
  • Like 4

I think this is apropos to this discussion and if one includes this in sky gazing/longde practice then......

To think that if one only silences the mind with some effort then that belief system misses this discussion. Read Sri Aurobindo if that is your path.

Activating the Third Eye, Wisdom Eye

Notice the empty nature of your own awareness that is observing. There is an empty space of awareness (thigle tongpa dronma) (behind the eyes in the center of the brain) that knows itself, but not as a thing with shape, form or substance. One can sense one’s own center of consciousness.

"The way to do this is just to turn your attention slightly inward, not to look deeply inside, just to turn your focus from outward to inward in a very light way. The moment of recognizing this state 
(rigpa) is the blessings of the lineage." Tsoknyi Rinpoche

"The reason for this is that the ushnisha (upper crown chakra) has no size, but pervades the ultimate expanse. When the karmic-mind (sem) dissolves into the chakra of the ushnisha (upper crown chakra), buddhahood is attained."
From end notes of "The Treasury of Precious Qualities" by Jigme Lingpa

Dudjum Lingpa wrote:

"The consciousness that manifests the visions of the clear light during the initial phase is called the "eye of wisdom". {this is the third eye chakra: "Yeshe Yig"} Wherever the eye of primordial wisdom, free of dust, is directed, it illuminates whatever it sees until the visions of the absolute nature, the bindus, clear light, and divine embodiments are seen. Then due to the sharp pinnacle of primordial wisdom, free of fluctuations in the clarity of the eye of wisdom, all appearance, both while in meditative equipoise and otherwise, transform into displays of light and rainbow bindus with ever
increasing clarity."

https://youtu.be/tDSBnojzPYg

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1