lightbody09

Hi everyone, I'm looking for real practices for light body/rainbow body

Yes in this sense I agree with you that this type of relations do help a lot, no matter the tradition where you come from/the tradition you resonate more with.

I'm also interested to add a practical method if possible though :) 

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lightbody09 said:

Yes in this sense I agree with you that this type of relations do help a lot, no matter the tradition where you come from/the tradition you resonate more with.

I'm also interested to add a practical method if possible though :) 

Thanks

What do you mean by practical method? More like instructions? I’d be happy to share how I do it. Shoot me a message. 

Edited by Fa Xin

2 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Do? Or have done?

How I do the practices. 

I'll message you, thx. Anything and anyone who feels to share is welcome! :) 

By practical I mean techniques which work energetically in you, through breath and/or mudras and/or movements, etc.

Because I may be wrong, but you can't just visualize or imagine or hope or think to stuff in order to develop the so called rainbow body.

It's... a thing... a real thing... I mean it also energy wise. Especially in tibetan buddhism.

Are you looking for something similar @Taoist Texts or have any tips you feel to share? :) 

Edited by lightbody09
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lightbody09 said:

Wow, I'm speechless.

It's interesting to notice how somebody can easily say "Not how it works and totally wrong" without backing it up (and mostly saying you haven't any train nor experience in rainbow body).

Does anybody here find that useful? For real?

Rainbow body is specific, linked to lineages, practices and traditions and was actually addressed in @thelerner's post that you summarily dismissed.

I would suggest starting with the guru yoga and Ngondro of a lineage, followed by "intermediate practices" - such as the Six Lokas, and perhaps dream yoga. But I highly suspect this isn't what you want to hear

Extremely easy to throw a stone and hide your hand. And utterly useless for others as well.

You seem to have a pocketful of stones that you're quite happy to skip across the water yourself.

@dawei So far your answer was the most useful one since maybe others could see this post more easily and give useful answers if I knew how to move it. Unfortunately I don't know how  :( 

You could simply start a new thread with your query in the New Comer Corner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thx a lot @ilumairen this is also a good and specific answer.

And thx for the technical advice, very much appreciated.

I dismiss what is generic yes. I'm more like "straight to the point" person, especially after years of practices, etc.

And I recognize sometimes I'm demanding towards myself and others.

If that is throwing a stone, then I'm guilty. 

I must say @thelerner did point to something specific like Kunlun, even though he wasn't much convinced. I've heard about Max, and I also don't know what to think to be honest.

I'll research what you pointed out, thx again :) 

• Like 1

@lightbody09 there is a link in this post to the story of Tapihritsa - a being who realized the rainbow body. I don't know what your practices have been, or what you've studied, but perhaps you'll find the link beneficial. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Rainbow body is specific, linked to lineages, practices and traditions and was actually addressed in @thelerner's post that you summarily dismissed.

I would suggest starting with the guru yoga and Ngondro of a lineage, followed by "intermediate practices" - such as the Six Lokas, and perhaps dream yoga. But I highly suspect this isn't what you want to hear

You seem to have a pocketful of stones that you're quite happy to skip across the water yourself.

You could simply start a new thread with your query in the New Comer Corner.

Lineages? I assume you mean Tibetan? Tamil, Sufi, Christian and even Kabbalah mention rainbow body manifestations. Tibetan Buddhism is not Buddhism, but Lamaism as researched by Donald S. Lopez. Tibetans borrowed heavily from India, China, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Also see David Snellgrove's "Hevajra Tantra" in which he writes at length regarding the cross cultural links of Tibetan Buddhism.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My experience is that the "Light Body" cannot be "cultivated". It's a process of dissolving around obstructions so that it can be unveiled and experienced. I do have experience in this area. If you'd like i could give you a transmission that would help crack open this power a bit and give you some initial experiences in that sphere. Anymore than that takes great training on your part.  

• Like 5

@ralis lol I just tried to PM you but you can't receive messages.

Thx for your response. You seem to know quite some stuff regarding light body and also the traditions where it's mentioned. 

Would you mind sharing in private (or even in public if you wish) some of your knowledge and/or practice and/or advices? 

thx a lot :) 

8 minutes ago, lightbody09 said:

@ralis lol I just tried to PM you but you can't receive messages.

Thx for your response. You seem to know quite some stuff regarding light body and also the traditions where it's mentioned. 

Would you mind sharing in private (or even in public if you wish) some of your knowledge and/or practice and/or advices? 

thx a lot :) 

I have no idea why I can't receive messages. Must be an error somewhere. When I have time I can expound a bit.

Just looked again and my mailbox is full. :lol: Will remedy that tonight.

Edited by ralis

12 minutes ago, Shadow said:

My experience is that the "Light Body" cannot be "cultivated". It's a process of dissolving around obstructions so that it can be unveiled and experienced. I do have experience in this area. If you'd like i could give you a transmission that would help crack open this power a bit and give you some initial experiences in that sphere. Anymore than that takes great training on your part.  

Cultivation was probably not the correct term. Are you a teacher?

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

I have no idea why I can't receive messages. Must be an error somewhere. When I have time I can expound a bit.

Just looked again and my mailbox is full. :lol: Will remedy that tonight.

Popular one :D

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I don't teach, but i have fun giving others a helping hand here or there. ^_^

My reason for asking is that transmissions can be a bit dicey to say the least.

• Like 3

Guru Yoga is a great practice.

In simple terms you connect energetically with an advanced being.

Tapihritsa is a favorite of mine.

Mantra and energetic connections are used.

The 1st purpose is to purify the body speech and mind.

The 2nd purpose it receive essentially what is a firmware and software upgrade from an advanced being who has already arrived.

You can learn here https://www.ligminchalearning.com/starting-a-meditation-practice/

and  here is a video of Guru Yoga a guided practice you may enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

My reason for asking is that transmissions can be a bit dicey to say the least.

Naturally, there are some people who you wouldn't want to even touch you, much less have an energetic exchange with. It is important to be aware of intent. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ralis said:

Lineages? I assume you mean Tibetan? Tamil, Sufi, Christian and even Kabbalah mention rainbow body manifestations. Tibetan Buddhism is not Buddhism, but Lamaism as researched by Donald S. Lopez. Tibetans borrowed heavily from India, China, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Also see David Snellgrove's "Hevajra Tantra" in which he writes at length regarding the cross cultural links of Tibetan Buddhism.

A cursory search of "rainbow body sufism" brought up a link to "body of resurrection", and many links with "sufism" struck through as search criteria about Tibetan Buddhism. A search of "rainbow body sufi" yielded the same results. 

A search including "tamil" instead of either variant of Sufi yielded a link to the following book which looks somewhat interesting:

Rainbow Body and Resurrection: Spiritual Attainment, the Dissolution of the Material Body, and the Case of Khenpo A Chö https://www.amazon.com/dp/1583947957/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MhIiDbF8Z5Y9K

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

A cursory search of "rainbow body sufism" brought up a link to "body of resurrection", and many links with "sufism" struck through as search criteria about Tibetan Buddhism. A search of "rainbow body sufi" yielded the same results. 

A search including "tamil" instead of either variant of Sufi yielded a link to the following book which looks somewhat interesting:

Rainbow Body and Resurrection: Spiritual Attainment, the Dissolution of the Material Body, and the Case of Khenpo A Chö https://www.amazon.com/dp/1583947957/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MhIiDbF8Z5Y9K

I have that book and I found there are a number of Jesuits that are researching the Rainbow Body in their own tradition.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

I have that book and I found there are a number of Jesuits that are researching the Rainbow Body in their own tradition.

Is the information about the Jesuits included in this book, and are they using the term "rainbow body", or some other terminology?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Is the information about the Jesuits included in this book, and are they using the term "rainbow body", or some other terminology?

I think they are using the term resurrected? The author of the book is not a Jesuit so I don’t recall if he is associated with the Jesuit group. Jesuits are known for intelligent scholarship and will be important to learn what their findings are. 

• Thanks 1

A good friend of mine witnessed a phenomenon while working as a computer scientist in Iran where followers of a Sufi sect would walk into the light when a certain evolutionary stage was reached. To be precise, vanish into the light or in light. He has since passed on so I am unable to ask him again. 

I am almost certain that Dzogchen and Sufism have the same root. 

• Like 3

It was either Einstein or David Bohm that postulated that matter is compressed/condensed light. Nothing esoteric about that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

A good friend of mine witnessed a phenomenon while working as a computer scientist in Iran where followers of a Sufi sect would walk into the light when a certain evolutionary stage was reached. To be precise, vanish into the light or in light. He has since passed on so I am unable to ask him again. 

I am almost certain that Dzogchen and Sufism have the same root. 

It would not be surprising Sufi practices also found its way into the higher Kriyas.

Edited by Pilgrim