lightbody09

Hi everyone, I'm looking for real practices for light body/rainbow body

Hi everyone,

this is my first post, I'm glad I found this forum.

It seems to me there is some confusion around light body/rainbow body and mostly how to develop it.

Anyone cares to say something/give some tips and mostly to suggest some real practice to do that? 

I've been into other traditions and had lots of benefits to say the least, but I've never been into Taoism until recently.

It seems there is more than a way to achieve light body in this tradition. Apparently it all comes around building up the energy in the 3 dan tiens.

However, as I said and as far as I know, there are different lineages, drama, politics, and the outcome is that it's not clear at all what are the most effective practices to walk the path towards light body.

It also seems this is a good place where to ask, so here I am!

Of course the best scenario would be to find a good teacher, but as you know it's not that easy and there is a lack of taoist teachers, at least in Europe.

I believe we could help each other though! :) 

Thank you!

• Like 2

Hello, lightbody09, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome lightbody09,

Nice to have you here. There’s a few different people on here who are into such things. Maybe they will share some techniques with you. Hope you enjoy the forum 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

If cultivating the light body is your goal, then you may wish to approach the Angelic current and get some gnosis through there to aid you on your journey. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

On Monday, July 01, 2019 at 10:50 AM, lightbody09 said:

Apparently it all comes around building up the energy in the 3 dan tiens.

The 3 dan tiens are made of chi. So that is a hou tian thing. 

Edited by EmeraldHead

Different religions and spiritual practices usually have various beings and energies tied to them. The Angelic current emerges out of Abrahamic religions, though naturally you don't need to be religious to interact with these forces. 

Your pursuit of the Light Body seemed resonant with Angelic aims and thus may be something that might be useful for you to explore. In comparison, if say you were interested in Longevity or Immortality i might suggest you another pathway. Paths differ. 

I'm sure you know light body/rainbow body/diamond body/whatever the tradition's name body is a thing.

According to tibetan buddhism there are (at least) 3 "levels" of rainbow body indeed.

To "achieve" that, you need to do certain practices. Real practices which produce real effects.

Never heard of interaction with so called beings to develop light body lol

I don't know about Abrahamic religions though. Do they have practices which can build it up? Sounds strange, or at least unexpected.

Edited by lightbody09

Are you willing to become a tibetan buddhist?  Spend decades learning, join their priesthood if that gives you a shot at there version of rainbow body or maybe sets it up for another life time?  Since this lifetime might be spent learning and preaching. 

There's a certain 'Americanism' of thinking.. how many months will it take me? What's the secret exercise to perform to get it?   Whereas the truth is probably closer to, if you want a shot at the real thing, its a whole dedication.  Mind body and soul.  Cause you do have have priests, monks, disciples who are born into the traditions, know it intimately and realize they aren't achieving such lofty goals, or rather have other goals in life. 

Go up to a monk and say you're meditating 5 hours a day.  Odds are they'll they'll reply something like 'that's good for a beginner', cause they do so much more.  I'm not saying its not a worthy or possible goal, I just want to point out that its serious enough so that it's not a do this exercise and you'll get it.  Rather its change and evolve your mind body and spirit to such an extent that rainbow body might no longer be a goal.  You're heading somewhere else, maybe even towards regular mundanity, ie living a simple life. 

I've been reading Hua-Ching Ni's work, he's a 101 year old Taoist and with an enlightened mind that seems as likely to happen, and its really not so bad.  After siddhis and accomplishments, being a wise and foolish old man. 

On the third hand, if you were looking for quick and dirty, I'd point you to Max Christenson's Kunlun, it has a rainbow body as an end goal.  Not that there's any guarantee, but might be a route to get it or fail faster ie a few years. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Instead of seeking x you should seek to understand what it is. then you focus on growing/perfecting all that is because you know it all. ulitmately cultivation will culminate at that....unless you fail :) Think think and think some more. Any question you cannot answer/explain? Then theres a layer of reality you don't get. EVERYTHING is explainable, so seek to explain. Then you recognise some things are still complicated held secret but won't lead to much. But to see below you must look from above ;) So when you've reached the dao and such you will know :P however long that takes

and yes you are all, otherwise you wouldnt know all

Edited by EmeraldHead
  • Thanks 1

This has become an interesting topic on its own...  

@LightBody09... can you start a topic in Newcomer Corner (or Buddhism) and I can move some posts there ?    Thanks

8 hours ago, lightbody09 said:

Never heard of interaction with so called beings to develop light body lol

Guru Yoga in Tibetan Buddhism is an example of working with other beings

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fa Xin, if by guru yoga you mean going to a guru/master/teacher, listening to him, following his advices, etc., that is very well known in any tradition. However, as Shadow put it, it seems to me he was referring to something else, more like interaction with angels/energy beings, but I could have had a wrong impression.

Thelerner, times have changed, now many things are different, even in the so called spiritual world.

So it's not mandatory anymore to beg outside a tibetan temple while sweeping the floor for years.

As it's not necessary anymore to find a Guru to realize your real nature. Luckily.

You can still go to another city with a horse if you wish, but you can also choose to drive a car...

Dawei, I don't know how to move this post. Shall I create a new one in Newcomer Corner with the same title? Pls let me know thx

Spotless and EmeraldHead. I may agree that somehow the so called light body may "awaken" during the way by itself.

But since it is known there seem to be certain practices which help doing that, that's why I'm asking.

I think you are all missing one point though.

If a person asks for a practice for light body, and more in general if a person is doing a practice to build it, please don't assume that this comes from an egoic desire (as if it'd be cool to have one light body lol) or that it means the person is not aware that life goes on and you should behave nice, develop compassion, wisdom, kindness, etc. regardless, or that this person doesn't dwell in peace and bliss.

Maybe or maybe not ;) 

Mostly because anyone has his own theories also about Enlightenment, reincarnation, ego, etc., but what makes the difference is always direct experience.

Thanks for your replies :) 

Edited by lightbody09
  • Confused 1

What did I miss exactly?

As far as I know one of the probably most effective practices involve the developing of the 3 dan tiens as I stated on my first message.

Once they merge together so to speak, light body occurs.

And as I said it seems you need certain practices to develop it, or at least these practices facilitate that.

Apparently it's not an actual body even though it seems there have been certain "saints" in the past who achieved that level where the physical gets overwhelmed by light. There are degrees for sure, that's kind of obvious...

Actually I didn't say you would need 18 useless hours of meditation to do that, or that it happens upon awakening. You mentioned that, for no reason.

I mean, what are you talking about?

I think my post and my questions are pretty clear, but so far I see only general talkings in these answers to be honest.

Edited by lightbody09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lightbody09 said:

Fa Xin, if by guru yoga you mean going to a guru/master/teacher, listening to him, following his advices, etc., that is very well known in any tradition. However, as Shadow put it, it seems to me he was referring to something else, more like interaction with angels/energy beings, but I could have had a wrong impression.

If a person asks for a practice for light body

Guru yoga is an energetic practice. Doesn’t have anything to do with listening to advice.

It seems you already have your ideas of what a light body is and what it takes to get there. I wish you the best. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, lightbody09 said:

As far as I know one of the probably most effective practices involve the developing of the 3 dan tiens as I stated on my first message.

Once they merge together so to speak, light body occurs.

Not how it works and totally wrong. 

• Thanks 2

Well, if I knew how it worked I wouldn't have asked. And I'm open to anything if anyone care to explain in details, not just writing couple of generic sentences.

I'd very much appreciate some to the point answers instead of assumptions or judgments. Because I'm pretty sure we are here not to talk about ourself but more to ask useful questions and expect useful answers.

In my other post people were actually helpful and gave appropriate answers...

@Earl Grey you are more than welcome to share your knowledge and/or experience

Thx

Edited by lightbody09

8 minutes ago, lightbody09 said:

Well, if I knew how it worked I wouldn't have asked. And I'm open to anything if anyone care to explain in details, not just writing couple of generic sentences.

I'd very much appreciate some to the point answers instead of assumptions or judgments. Because I'm pretty sure we are here not to talk about ourself but more to ask useful questions and expect useful answers.

In my other post people were actually helpful and gave appropriate answers...

Doesn’t sound like you’re asking because you sound quite certain of yourself already. If you want to learn, find a teacher. I know how the dantians work and have qualified instructors who have schooled me in it for ten years now, but for martial and healing purposes, not the rainbow body.

As Fa Xin said above, you already have your ideas so don’t be surprised if you don’t like the answers offered without having some humility, openness, and perhaps some appreciation for people trying to simply welcome you and even trying to be helpful.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Please tell me exactly from where you deduced that because I didn't offend anybody nor show lack of respect.

As a matter of fact please check the answers I have received and tell me what do they actually explain.

If a useful answer for you is 10 words or generic references, when we are talking about something quite specific as in this case, then we have 2 different ideas or expectations of answers.

As I said other people were more than helpful, I invite you to give a look to my other post so maybe you see what I mean by that, since you seem to have already figured out who I am, how I behave, what's my birthdate, etc.

Talking about humility....

Plus if I had my own ideas why do you think I'd ask in this place? To waste our time? What are you guys on today?

Edited by lightbody09
  • Thanks 1

I choose to spend no more than three messages interacting with people if they are more interested in dismissing advice and refusing to take feedback as I don’t get paid for this, especially as my time is better spent with my students (who pay me) and my teachers (whom I pay).

Good luck.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, I'm speechless.

It's interesting to notice how somebody can easily say "Not how it works and totally wrong" without backing it up (and mostly saying you haven't any train nor experience in rainbow body).

Does anybody here find that useful? For real?

Extremely easy to throw a stone and hide your hand. And utterly useless for others as well.

@dawei So far your answer was the most useful one since maybe others could see this post more easily and give useful answers if I knew how to move it. Unfortunately I don't know how  :( 

Edited by lightbody09
  • Thanks 1

I would encourage you to search for and look into Guru Yoga. There’s a good amount of info on here about it. 

Light body, in my understanding, is moving past your own energy body and starting to integrate the universe - breaking down the barriers of self. In my tradition (Gnostic Christian) this is done by connecting with higher beings & masters of the tradition, which is similar to the Guru Yoga practices of Tibetan traditions.

Since you said your not into having a guru or teacher, I didn’t think it was necessary to share the details of the practice. But I’d be happy to chat more via PM if you’re interested.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much, that is a good answer Fa Xin. And I'll follow your advice.

Yes I've had couple of gurus in the past and had great benefits from each of them.

Eventually you need to move on though, in my opinion and in my experience. And that is also what any guru would say.

It's very interesting to see that also in Christianity there are certain ways to connect to "higher planes".

About light body, yes I'd say it's something so also in my understanding (to higher degrees light takes over the physical body as it's happened to some saints in the past), although it seems there are also physical effects (feeling more energy coming from middle and upper dan tiens, love vibes, increasing of compassion, etc.).

So it seems to be something rather real/practical

Edited by lightbody09
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lightbody09 said:

Thank you very much, that is a good answer Fa Xin. And I'll follow your advice.

Yes I've had couple of gurus in the past and had great benefits from each of them.

Eventually you need to move on though, in my opinion and in my experience. And that is also what any guru would say.

It's very interesting to see that also in Christianity there are certain ways to connect to "higher planes".

About light body, yes I'd say it's something so also in my understanding (to higher degrees light takes over the physical body as it's happened to some saints in the past), although it seems there are also physical effects (feeling more energy coming from middle and upper dan tiens, love vibes, increasing of compassion, etc.).

So it seems to be something rather real/practical

Thanks. 

The Gurus I mean would be for example, Padmasambhava or Tara, who share a high potential of growth for the practitioner. So no need to “move on”, but rather develop a deep relationship with. Not the typical concept of a guru as viewed in the west, in the way I’m using it. 

Cheers

• Like 2