freesun

YMAA California Retreat 10 year training program

I have posted this information before in the Links section but since there is only 1 week left to apply I thought I would post this here for high visibility as I think this sounds like an interesting opportunity:

"Candidate for YMAA California Retreat Center

Dr. Yang is accepting and reviewing candidate applications until February 2008.

The 10-year training program will commence in August 2008.

Do you have what it will take to train Kung Fu every day for ten years? Since the first public announcement of this project was published in the Boston Globe in August 2005, interested individuals from around the world have contacted Dr. Yang to apply for this opportunity to study Kung Fu (gongfu), Tai Chi (taijiquan), meditation and more. The interview and application process for this program will be mentally and physically rigorous, so that ultimately, the 15 most exceptional candidates suited for this unprecedented training are carefully selected."

www.ymaa.com/retreat-center

www.ymaa-retreatcenter.org/curriculum

P.S.: I am not affiliated at all with YMAA nor will i be applying. Just thought someone else might be interested.

Edited by freesun

I have posted this information before in the Links section but since there is only 1 week left to apply I thought I would post this here for high visibility as I think this sounds like an interesting opportunity:

"Candidate for YMAA California Retreat Center

Dr. Yang is accepting and reviewing candidate applications until February 2008.

The 10-year training program will commence in August 2008.

Do you have what it will take to train Kung Fu every day for ten years? Since the first public announcement of this project was published in the Boston Globe in August 2005, interested individuals from around the world have contacted Dr. Yang to apply for this opportunity to study Kung Fu (gongfu), Tai Chi (taijiquan), meditation and more. The interview and application process for this program will be mentally and physically rigorous, so that ultimately, the 15 most exceptional candidates suited for this unprecedented training are carefully selected."

www.ymaa.com/retreat-center

www.ymaa-retreatcenter.org/curriculum

P.S.: I am not affiliated at all with YMAA nor will i be applying. Just thought someone else might be interested.

I think it is a great offer.

Somehow I think Dr. Yang has really made the jump that will bring martial art training to a new degree in a globalised cosmopolitan world. I mean, this is like discipleship. But is offered to whoever is willing to go through the training, and has the necessary requisites.

I am looking forward to see more Big Guys, offer this kind of training. At least one time in their life to find their successors.

I remember reading about this a while ago and sharing it with my son.

It looks like a unique opportunity.

Oh, to be young again...

:)