Tryingtodobetter

Synchronicity and the flow of time

7 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I came to realize my interest in and began to study Taoism through my study of Theoretical Physics.  There are many mirrored aspects.  It seems if one seeks with authenticity and does not shy away from what is experienced, no matter how it progresses towards source, then similarities will be experienced the deeper one digs.

Source is source, whether we approach it from the intuitive mind, or the rational, it remains source and thus when encountered, similarities will be revealed... as above so below, as within, without.  The truths of reality are mirrored on all levels.  We each of us are connected directly to source and never for a moment can we be separated from it.  Seek earnestly in any direction and encounter it.  Some go within and encounter it via stillness and exploring by dampening the senses through intuitive methods of mysticism.  Westerners have developed inroads through incredible seeking through the rational mind.  None is more true, both reveal aspects of source, when sought authentically.  Both seem to require years of dedication and training to get to the deeper aspects.  Though insight it seems, always arrives in a flash.

Just this week, I've been rereading Fritjoff Capra's book: The Tao of Physics after a couple decades.  This book, when first encountered, struck me like a bolt of lightning and was a main inroad to peak this interest in an in depth study of Taoism and Eastern Mysticism. 

It reveals many innate similarities in the experiences of advanced practitioners of Eastern Mysticism and the advanced practitioners of Western Physics. 

I think you'd get good mileage from it in your current head space my friend.

I recommend it highly.

Have you also read Ken Wilber's A Brief History of Everything? Some say Wilber share some very similar philosophical views with Capra, and perhaps was influenced by him to some degree. When I read Capra being mentioned, I thought of Wilber, then of wondering if you have perhaps read some of Wilber's works too. 

Edited by C T
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C T said:

Have you also read Ken Wilber's A Brief History of Everything? Some say Wilber share some very similar philosophical views with Capra, and perhaps was influenced by him to some degree. When I read Capra being mentioned, I thought of Wilber, then of wondering if you have perhaps read some of Wilber's works too. 

Thanks for the reminder.  I haven't Wilber yet, but you're the second reference to him for me in the last few days.  Perhaps it's time to get a copy. 

On 6/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, silent thunder said:

hmm... I meant to type it, but perhaps 'turning the senses inward' ? 

As a quick aside - I questioned your wording because in so many ways we use subtle wording that would suggest that spiritual practice is a somewhat deadening practice while nothing could be further from the truth. 

Practice move us off addictions and cravings and graspings of all sorts - and we dissipate our life forces less and less while living in a increasingly finer more enlivened calmer wholeness.

Every sense becomes stronger and more vivid - it is not a retreat from sensing but not an addiction to it either.

Practices are always in flux and constant change in light IS Practice rather than the slow death of ever better positioning and calcification in one’s identifications.

In this Topic (Synchronicity) we are discussing a sense / seeing. To some contributors here it is poppycock mind fantasy - to some contributors it may actually be delusion in part or in whole. To some at times it is as clear as sun on their face and back.

Enjoying the gift of a strawberry 🍓 in your mouth or the smell of sage in a desert 🌵 - the splendor in a museum - the smile of any kid on earth - this is entirely increased with Practice - because in practice you are increasingly more present to the moment - you have not already raced forward over the experience

in the trance of endless futures and pasts.

• Thanks 1