Tryingtodobetter

Synchronicity and the flow of time

Over the last few years the phenomena commonly described as synchronicity has become more and more prevalent in my life

It went from seeing certain numerical sequences and their accompanying events and sensations, to recognizing how words spoken by myself and others manifested in near literal ways

At times it feels as though I am alone and in a sense creating my life my world, and in another sense it feels as though I'm simply eavesdropping on it

Its pattern recognition to a point where its beyond jarring and more like a fluid narrative cascading forward and backwards, if direction is something that can be truly ascribed to time

Seemingly senseless or obtuse things I have perceived others and myself saying, and maybe even thinking, have foreshadowed many things. Even patterns in the behaviors of others and the goingons in their lives have hinted at the trajectory of my own

I don't think I'm alone in having experienced this. Sometimes it makes me fearful of the future, or what may actually be the past

"Everything is connected" and any other oversimplified new-age vagueries that may apply

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

Over the last few years the phenomena commonly described as synchronicity has become more and more prevalent in my life

It went from seeing certain numerical sequences and their accompanying events and sensations, to recognizing how words spoken by myself and others manifested in near literal ways

At times it feels as though I am alone and in a sense creating my life my world, and in another sense it feels as though I'm simply eavesdropping on it

Its pattern recognition to a point where its beyond jarring and more like a fluid narrative cascading forward and backwards, if direction is something that can be truly ascribed to time

Seemingly senseless or obtuse things I have perceived others and myself saying, and maybe even thinking, have foreshadowed many things. Even patterns in the behaviors of others and the goingons in their lives have hinted at the trajectory of my own

I don't think I'm alone in having experienced this. Sometimes it makes me fearful of the future, or what may actually be the past

"Everything is connected" and any other oversimplified new-age vagueries that may apply

You aren't alone. It's happened to may people for different reasons.

Be sure to care for yourself and not allow yourself to get caught up in it. 

10 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

"Everything is connected" and any other oversimplified new-age vagueries that may apply (Emphasis added, ZYD)

This is a large subject and should not be idly dismissed, it is neither vague nor is it simply a "new-age" idea.  This book:

Synchronicity the Bridge Between Mind and Matter by F. David Peat

Which I read some time ago is a good introduction to the concepts, and their long history, though apparently the author also wrote a later sequel:

Synchronicity: The marriage of matter and psyche

Which I have not read, but according to the blurb:

Peat’s book is a sequel to his earlier, Synchronicity: The Bridge Between Matter and Mind. Since writing that previous book a great deal more has come to light, in particular about the role of the theoretical physicist Wolfgang Pauli in encouraging Carl Jung’s investigation of the phenomenon of ‘meaningful coincidence.’ Much of this collaboration between the physicist and the depth psychologist is revealed in the fascinating correspondence between Jung and Pauli that has now been published.

As well as exploring the Jung-Pauli relationship Peat outlines the history of synchronicity, and the book features chapters on alchemy, consciousness and the I Ching.  ‘It may well be that for us, in the early 21st century, to accommodate ideas of synchronicity in any fundamental way will require a profound transformation of the way in which we view ourselves, nature and society,’ says Peat.

Would seem to be an expanded and updated version and may be a better read.

The main thing is to avoid thinking "At times it feels as though I am alone" and realize that we are all, each and every one of us much more than we seem to be.

ZYD

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Synchronicity is connecting the dots, when a connection isn't really there. It's a disorder of the mind, in my view. It stops when you stop looking for it to happen.

• Like 1

There are many opportunities every day to see patterns, or follow your vibration ... that is if you are looking.

And if you don't look ?
It is more like the looking makes them happen ... or your personal intelligence wishes to interact with the environment's intelligence.

Syncrhonicity is on the low end of this phenomenon, it means "something happened" ... but that's not the same thing as ... I can reliably make something happen ... it's on the low end.

What if you start becoming more and more sensitive to these things and just follow them, like the yellow brick road, discarding everything else.

In the same way that "the body knows how to heal itself" ... the world knows how to heal you.

An idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Synchronicity is connecting the dots, when a connection isn't really there. It's a disorder of the mind, in my view. It stops when you stop looking for it to happen.

No.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aetherous said:

15 minutes ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

No.

Of course there is such thing as synchronicity, however you can find things in all the wrong places if you are constantly looking for them. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle, and IMO the most profound bouts of synchronicity for myself anyways, seemed to just fall into my day to day life without any thought. Just what I needed when I needed it.  Something just instantly clicks, no intellectualizing  required and no seeking required, if that makes any sense.

It is always so weird when you hear about something for the first time, and then it keeps coming up that day. Like when you read something new, and then the topics come up randomly from someone you'd least expect or... I don't really believe in pure coincidence. What we call random or coincidental is generally just the word we assign to phenomena or effects that we can't find the cause for with our feeble human brains. 

It seems to me that everything operates according to very precise laws of nature, and follows a domino like course of cause and effect, however we do not have the operating system ( at least at this point in time :P)  to compute all the variables that would lead us to understand exactly why things happen the way they do.

Randomness has never made sense to me, although a lot of things do seem random to me because I can't yet make sense of them.

Hope this made sense :P

• Like 1

This  is a great TED Talk ( unsurprisingly it was flagged by TED like all of the good ones ) , that is semi related to this topic but I think everybody would enjoy it regardless of it's overall relevancy. My friend shared it with me last night.

Anyways, the synchronicity he mentions is rather uncanny in my opinion, and I just can't at this moment in time chalk it down to coincidence or randomness, along with some very strange ones that have surfaced in my life.

Edited by kyoji
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, kyoji said:

It is always so weird when you hear about something for the first time, and then it keeps coming up that day. Like when you read something new, and then the topics come up randomly from someone you'd least expect or.

That is due to the mind. It has heard something, which is now at the forefront of its consciousness due to being new info. So the mind picks up anything related to that subject that it can. It queues into things (which were already there, but not paid attention to). This is how the "law of attraction" works...it's just the mind picking up in the environment on what you pay attention to.

Once I was playing around with LOA, and tried to manifest losing weight and being fit. All day I noticed joggers and bikers etc as I went around town. Did those people not exist prior to my manifesting? Did they not previously run until that day? Both highly doubtful concepts. But did my mind suddenly pay attention to them, because of what I was trying to "manifest"? I would say so!

Of course, coincidences happen which can seem amazing, when we're not trying to do anything in particular...but it's still true that there's a connecting of the dots in our minds where there is actually not a real connection. If the mind wasn't involved at all, we wouldn't think it was an amazing coincidence anyway.

13 hours ago, Wuschel said:

i've been in that mode for a while, and the quote i posted above snapped me out of it... it can become quite a mindfuck and uprooting, so i agree with above poster it's better to not get caught up in it ...

giphy.gif

i've met a guy who was really out there. while he was bragging he can see the future, his friend slapped him in the face and asked "could you see that coming, too?"

so yeah, don't take it serious imho

There is nothing to fear - that is a go-to space for nearly everyone and it is not necessary.

Seeing synchronicity is a gift - it is in centeredness that it becomes apparent - and it can be crystal clear in many moments.

Certainly getting caught up in it one losses ones centeredness and the mind trance takes one away from simply Being.

It is not something to look for but rather appreciate. It is a way of speaking to yourself / the universe of you showing you to yourself.

And there is wisdom in : “be careful what you ask for”

Fools may say they see futures - but fools also assume no one does. And a slap on someone’s face as you mentioned is an idiots response.

The spiritual competition along with the unfortunate Western religious traditions make even speaking about the myriad abilities we possess off limits except within conceptual frameworks or at the movies.

One can see futures at times with the exactness of seeing a complete video in full living color - but it does not mean one sees all futures or being coldcocked by a “friend” for sharing something. 

One can be telepathic and clearly have that ability on many many levels but it does not mean one goes about reading or hearing everyone’s thoughts necessarily.

One can see auras with eyes wide open as well as closed - but it does not mean one is always seeing this way - nor even that it is always instantaneous or ongoing vividly or localized.

It is fine to notice things - it is fine to notice things and not label them and box them in and go hunting for them. Most of the cautions here are toward the idea of finding self fulfilling prophecy in growing theories and the propensity of the greatest addictive drive - Intermittent

Positive Reinforcement 

Like a one arm bandit (slot machine) - it can have you sitting on detours for lifetimes.

But so can our conformity to social norms (the insanity called normal).

If you doubt the blindness that is out there and the extreme insanity you would probably not have found the Dao bums - though herein is not without the extraordinarily solid brick blind as well.

Seeing the synchronicity as it falls upon you is a gift - to your Self. You need not “do” anything with “it” - parts of you are opening up - simply Be with that.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The SAND conference may be of interest - Science And Non Duality

It is in the fall in San Jose

Some emerging clarity in the Sciences with a heavy emphasis from physicists and cutting edge research in cognitive sciences where West is meeting East unavoidably.

I think I will have lunch with the speaker in the TEDX posted by

Kyoji above - 😎🙏

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

On this planet lives the ego-meta-creature, formed of a mass of bodies and faces.

It has its fashions and interests.   It looks here it looks there, it consumes here and consumes there.

Currently various spiritual ideas like "non-duality" (TM applied for) have become interesting for the ego-meta-creature, and as it chews through it, the ego-meta-creature will destroy it, and replace it with nothing.

For this reason spirituality, real spirituality, is always difficult to find.

As soon as it is found, that creature will arrive with its many faces and bodies, and eat it alive.

And the world will return to nothing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rideforever said:

On this planet lives the ego-meta-creature, formed of a mass of bodies and faces.

It has its fashions and interests.   It looks here it looks there, it consumes here and consumes there.

Currently various spiritual ideas like "non-duality" (TM applied for) have become interesting for the ego-meta-creature, and as it chews through it, the ego-meta-creature will destroy it, and replace it with nothing.

For this reason spirituality, real spirituality, is always difficult to find.

As soon as it is found, that creature will arrive with its many faces and bodies, and eat it alive.

And the world will return to nothing.

Are you a promoter of real spirituality then? 

Im interested to hear what it means. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C T said:

Are you a promoter of real spirituality then? 

Im interested to hear what it means. 

How can you explain sincerity to the insincere ?
I can't.

But life can, it involves several lifetimes of beatings.

That seems to be the only way to change things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

How can you explain sincerity to the insincere ?
I can't.

But life can, it involves several lifetimes of beatings.

That seems to be the only way to change things.

Precisely

• Like 1

"Science" has become the total loss of hope for mankind.

The authority that everyone believes in, that robs you of your dreams.

No-one can have an opinion, a hope, a reason, a desire.

Because "Science" and its fanatics obliterates everything and replaces it with nothing.

The ego-meta-being has a new disguise for its emptiness.

There is a lot of solid ground upon which science has stood very firmly - and which is now being seen through - and it has not been a pleasure to many rigidize in old “certainties”. 

Superstition was no jewel either.

Conman can easily play either side.

Both are Self conning - and statistics can be an art form.

We now have Caricature Fools leading our world  -  but the world has never been smaller and brilliance will burn through the darkness.

Light is streaming everywhere - and oddly we are becoming more comfortable with the uncomfortable task of inner practice and outer compassion.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spotless said:

The SAND conference may be of interest - Science And Non Duality

It is in the fall in San Jose

Some emerging clarity in the Sciences with a heavy emphasis from physicists and cutting edge research in cognitive sciences where West is meeting East unavoidably.

I think I will have lunch with the speaker in the TEDX posted by

Kyoji above - 😎🙏

That sounds amazing @Spotless ! i'm sure this goes without saying, but enjoy yourself. there will be without a doubt plenty to learn, and unlearn respectively. I wish I knew more about physics and it's overlap with various practices within daoism /other traditions, but i'd most likely end up using it as some kind of intellectual ammunition  to convince people  I'm not completely woowoo :P My spidey senses do however tingle when I read certain things about physics, even when I don't understand them intellectually.. Hard to explain. I am still fairly young and have time aplenty to learn more. There is just so much I don't know! 

what happens when a conservative hangs out with enough open minds:

Not really off topic - synchronicity is to some as absurd as climate change is to them as well.

Arnold use to epitomize the Hummer driver - now he converts hummers to electric. He continues to change and grow - in the video he plays the complete opposite of where he stands on the issues.

Edited by Spotless
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

Stick to your intuition. It is very much real and it's the universe helping/connecting with you. Don't look at it as a matter of numbers or circumstances that suddenly happen. Those numbers are indicators from the universe or your higher self indicating to you whether to trust your feelings/thoughts or to avoid them in those moments. The synchronicity that happens outside is just a way for your physical body/mind to understand that something inside you is real and already knows the answers. 

When you are wondering or asking a question about something important. Check the time. You might find that at the time you've thought about an answer, there will be a synchronicity in numbers indicating to trust that answer. 

When you're hurting or are asking for help. You'll find some synchronicity happen and it can be an indicator that you will have help, and it will be okay.

Everything i'm telling you is because i've experienced them in the most real physical, undeniable way. And only through trusting some and failing to trust so much more that i've realized it is really there to guide us if we can utilize it correctly.

Try to not look for it, and just let it happen. That also means don't try to avoid it, if that makes sense. And constantly keep your perspective/mind in check during these occasions to make sure you're not just forcefully creating it all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spotless said:

Not really off topic - synchronicity is to some as absurd as climate change is to them as well.

Love Arnie !!!!

It's nice to see the contrast with the anaemic self hating climate robots and the red blooded male.   

Funny thing is lots of the things Arnie says are true !!!!

The thing about what-is-called-today-science-but-has-nothing-to-do-with-science ... is that one day on Ted talks they will announce they finally understand everything, and everyone will clap and cheer like at a SpaceX launch.

And then they will go home.

And nothing will have changed.

Nothing even began to change.

Stupid !

15 hours ago, kyoji said:

That sounds amazing @Spotless ! i'm sure this goes without saying, but enjoy yourself. there will be without a doubt plenty to learn, and unlearn respectively. I wish I knew more about physics and it's overlap with various practices within daoism /other traditions, but i'd most likely end up using it as some kind of intellectual ammunition  to convince people  I'm not completely woowoo :P My spidey senses do however tingle when I read certain things about physics, even when I don't understand them intellectually.. Hard to explain. I am still fairly young and have time aplenty to learn more. There is just so much I don't know!

I came to realize my interest in and began to study Taoism through my study of Theoretical Physics.  There are many mirrored aspects.  It seems if one seeks with authenticity and does not shy away from what is experienced, no matter how it progresses towards source, then similarities will be experienced the deeper one digs.

Source is source, whether we approach it from the intuitive mind, or the rational, it remains source and thus when encountered, similarities will be revealed... as above so below, as within, without.  The truths of reality are mirrored on all levels.  We each of us are connected directly to source and never for a moment can we be separated from it.  Seek earnestly in any direction and encounter it.  Some go within and encounter it via stillness and exploring by dampening the senses through intuitive methods of mysticism.  Westerners have developed inroads through incredible seeking through the rational mind.  None is more true, both reveal aspects of source, when sought authentically.  Both seem to require years of dedication and training to get to the deeper aspects.  Though insight it seems, always arrives in a flash.

Just this week, I've been rereading Fritjoff Capra's book: The Tao of Physics after a couple decades.  This book, when first encountered, struck me like a bolt of lightning and was a main inroad to peak this interest in an in depth study of Taoism and Eastern Mysticism. 

It reveals many innate similarities in the experiences of advanced practitioners of Eastern Mysticism and the advanced practitioners of Western Physics. 

I think you'd get good mileage from it in your current head space my friend.

I recommend it highly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Some go within and encounter it via stillness and exploring by dampening the senses through intuitive methods of mysticism. 

The above quote regarding the Souce was a bit constrained:

”by dampening the senses”

Was this a typo or did you mean to say it that way?

😎

20 minutes ago, Spotless said:

The above quote regarding the Souce was a bit constrained:

”by dampening the senses”

Was this a typo or did you mean to say it that way?

😎

hmm... I meant to type it, but perhaps 'turning the senses inward' ?