Stosh

Trump talk

YouTube now has PregorU on their Restricted List. A very academic-based conservative platform. 

This means many PregorU videos are censored. This is clearly a political move and another example how Google is politically biased. If you watch PregorU you will see they are purely academic and have no reason to be restricted.

Edited by MooNiNite

1 hour ago, MooNiNite said:

YouTube now has PregorU on their Restricted List.

That's nothing new. PragerU sued Google last year over the same issue. Congress is holding hearings on this very subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Blah, blah, blah... 

I wasn't arguing, only pointing to where you could find some information, and therefore I carry no burden, nor do I accept the burden you'd like to place upon me.

Take care.

What you are telling me is that your interference had no reason to happen.

16 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I'll grant that there is not universal agreement on this. That said, here are some quotes on the subject:

This article discusses the relationship immigration has on wages, particularly low-skilled immigration as seen by illegal migrants.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-clinton-immigration-economy-unemployment-jobs-214216

This article discusses the elasticity of wages as pertains to illegal aliens. The gist is that illegals will work for any wage, no matter how small.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/03/24/illegal-immigrants-depress-wages-so-make-them-legal-immigrants/#7acdb3963fea

Here's an article that claims uncertainty regarding the wage debate as pertains to illegals. It's from NPR, a source I consider heavily biased towards the left, but I am including it out of intellectual fairness.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/04/541321716/fact-check-have-low-skilled-immigrants-taken-american-jobs

Here's an article that seems biased towards the right. Maybe it's just the unpolished writing.

http://jobsback.com/do-illegal-immigrants-take-jobs-from-american-workers/

Here's an older (30 years) article from the General Accounting Office (GAO). This is probably the fairest treatment on the issue.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/80/76971.pdf

This article staunchly rebukes the notion that illegals work on sectors that citizens do not work.

This article details the effects of illegal aliens on wages, jobs, and job conditions.

https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/the-immigration-debate-its-impact-on-workers-wages-and-employers/

An article detailing the downward push of illegal workers on jobs and wages. This article seems amateurish, so it's probably biased.

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_jobs.html

This wasn't really how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning... 

I applaud you for the effort you took but this proves nothing still. Laborers might not be willing to get paid the wages the employers are offering and instead of the employers increasing wages they might go out of business.

That is what the economists are telling you.

No one knows for certain and that is why you can't take for granted what anyone is claiming about immigrants.

18 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Additionally it is grossly hypocritical to want to raise the minimum wage on one hand while the other hand winks at illegal aliens working at far below prevailing wages.

This is true.

18 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

In actual fact, illegal immigration distorts the law of supply and demand in a capitalistic society.

This isn't true. This can only happen if there is no competition between businesses of different countries with different wages. An employer in the US has to compete with Chinese, Indian and Bangladesh wages or he might go out of bilusiness.

This is not to justify the use of illegal immigrants as a cheap workforce but to show that the jobs are not for granted and probably not available to legal american workers unwilling to work for lower wages.

• Haha 1

Apparently, Trump is spending his summer vacation slinging out racist tweets (again) :rolleyes: as noted by some anonymous fb user: 

Trump has “never adopted even the pose of representing the entire country,” and his permanent campaign places him “in the strange position of frequently disparaging parts of his own country,” since that’s where his perceived enemies live—especially the African-Americans he has never considered real countrymen.

This is surely unique in American history. American presidents simply do not call American cities filthy & dangerous. George W. Bush may not have enjoyed much support in places like Baltimore, but he wouldn’t go around calling Democratic neighborhoods disgusting hellholes. It does not occur to Trump that the patriotic requirements of his office require representing the whole of it.

It is not merely that Trump is unfit for his job. He refuses, almost literally, to be President of the United States.

Responding to a piece in NY Mag 

For the second July weekend, President Trump has tweeted offensive slanders about nonwhite Democratic House members who anger him. The latest instalment involves claims that Representative Elijah Cummings, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, comes from a district that is a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore,” charged the president, apparently failing to recognize the difference between serving in federal and municipal government, “maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place.” 

How his supporters can remain faithful and continue to justify on his behalf such crass, unpatriotic and incessant verbal spews is, if nothing else, a fascinating thing to observe and reflect upon. 

2 hours ago, C T said:

Apparently, Trump is spending his summer vacation slinging out racist tweets (again) :rolleyes: as noted by some anonymous fb user: 

Responding to a piece in NY Mag 

How his supporters can remain faithful and continue to justify on his behalf such crass, unpatriotic and incessant verbal spews is, if nothing else, a fascinating thing to observe and reflect upon. 

tales from the echo chambers :lol:

if its a rodent infested mess, its a rodent infested mess.  I like it when someone's got the balls to call something what it is.  I guess we should be glad he wasnt in san fran and calling it a shit & needle infested mess, because that would be biased against the homeless or something.

"dont concentrate on the finger or you will lose all the heavenly glory"

-Mr Lee

• Haha 1

I personally found it hilarious and also ironic. It's not like his own backyard bears testament to good governance. He's aiming to drive a proverbial stake thru the heart of your great nation, and, lo and behold.. There's schemers and real traitors that's gladly helping to sharpen the instrument. Flabbergasting ✌️

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

Definitely uncalled for but no outrage when Bernie Sanders compared them to a third world country and said North Koreans even have a longer life span.

13 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

That's nothing new. PragerU sued Google last year over the same issue. Congress is holding hearings on this very subject.

It just seems like such a blatent political move by Google

5 hours ago, dawei said:

Definitely uncalled for but no outrage when Bernie Sanders compared them to a third world country and said North Koreans even have a longer life span.

Well.... Uncle Bernice ain't the president, right... And if he was he'll be scrutinized as much if not more. But as Stosh said, Trump's the real mcCoy, the numero uno lol... doubt the US will ever see another like him (thank goodness). 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, C T said:

He's aiming to drive a proverbial stake thru the heart of your great nation, and, lo and behold.. There's schemers and real traitors that's gladly helping to sharpen the instrument. Flabbergasting ✌️

Superlative irony since that was the aim of the transnational criminal orgs!

It'd be perhaps amusing to see you attempt to qualify the contention, but from what I have already grokked its going to be devoid of many of the things that matter so its not really worthwhile to ask - I know what's on NBC, CNN, Reuters, AP already.  I dont say that disparagingly but matter of factly based upon previous interactions.  If the devil existed and had super powers, then he'd truly be trying to find ways to convince folks that he did not exist ;)

Spoiler

The rest of this isnt really aimed at you CT - because you at least seem a bit open minded to some reality, but want 110% verification before you'd ever be willing to voice support of it.  Cant blame you for that - look at the levels of ostracized people receive for voicing support around here and elsewhere - for it costs a lot to be a patriot right now.  Lots of the rest of these folks, who are so convinced...cant even attempt to debunk Q Proofs or anything.  That'd be a waste of their time, cuz they already know better.  "Science is already settled," LMAO...keepdeludingkeepdeludingkeepdeludingkeepdeludingkeepdeludingkeepdeluding youreselves...

I'm kinda sick of asking people to qualify things.  I qualify my shit and I get accosted with "you post walls of shit" by those who have a predetermined conclusion and mental block about these things, while some others to whom I am basically preaching to the choir just nod their heads because they've actually done a modicum of digging before making up their minds.  Other people hand wave away shit and say "I dont even need to examine this information" but "I'm an expert on its veracity."   (CNN even said so!)

CT at least folks like you give me the impression of "well you might be right but I dont think so, we'll see" which is at least an acceptable position to hold.  Its the "this is bullshit and you're crazy for believing it you tr00 beliefer muh adhom" idiot response that really annoys me, as if there has been any rebuttal of the data whatsoever.  And for Sean to give me this idiot response...yeesh!  Sorry Sean, I used to think more of your intellect, and though I pretty much knew you leaned left, I just didnt realize you were suspended by a pole off the side of the scale like some others here.  I guess that happens when folks draw a line in the sand and say something, and that's the reason why you didnt want anyone on daobums to mention that you were at Max's seminar with us back in 07.  Which we all respected.

Funny how just about anyone that's done a respectable amount of digging on Q does not come to the conclusion that its fake, especially at this stage of the game.  But Q's on Team Trump, and Orange Man Bad - so fulfill your programming and jerk that knee!

I now agree that we shouldnt have any Political topics here at all on Daobums.  Which would basically include any News.  The radical zealot factions of the "Left" here simply by and large cannot be trusted to act like adults on these topics and cannot be expected to actually debate their position on the topic in anything resembling a respectful back and forth manner - only being comfortable functioning in echo chambers where the views are never challenged.   As soon as most any leftist has their ideas (or damn near anything, really) challenged, we wind up with mod reports because they take just about any verbiage and make it chap their own asses to the point where some speech needs to get shut down.  The meek leftists just quietly leave and "feel uncomfortable" and mope elsewhere and wind up becoming worried the whole damned place has gone to shit, all because of a twisted collectivist idea put into their heads...namely, that....

Too many Leftists dont appear to be able to even keep their personal views towards someone separate from their political ideology.  Which is scary and conformist and sad.  My ideology doesnt tell me that I cant be friends with you if you dont think like I do.  Celebrate diversity with conformity!  Pointing out ass backwardisms of such thinking is like shooting fish in a barrel.  (So in addition to Compassion, I just dont want to hear anything about "Open Minds" from the zealot Leftists, either. )

Conformity plays out as "I wont look at any of your information but I'm going to declare it all false and not even worth considering in the argument."  Which is just tit for tat because of things like "your leftist ideals are by and large unconstitutional in the USA," as if we say that sort of thing because we dislike Leftists.  Its like what part of "fucking Unconstitutional" is so hard to grasp?  I digress. 

(I dont really include center-left in this consideration of the left, people like thelerner or sternbach - you guys are reasonable normal lefties as I'd think non-zealot non-radical lefties should be.  Or non USA reasonable Lefties like CT, Apech.)

(Its just that once you dip off that edge of disrespecting the Constitution - just stay the F away from USA politics - if its contrary to the Bill of Rights then the ideas dont belong here in the US Federal Government, and there's probably a decent chance it runs afoul of plenty of State laws too depending on how zealot you're talking.)

And we should probably also include the co2 conjecture for verbotentopic also while we're at it, since information deemed against what the transnational criminal orgs are trying to Gospelify is *heresy* and if you question the conjecture or point out holes, you're really just a shill for big oil and arent interested in seeing the truth at all. You dont care about the environment or (actual real) pollution, you couldnt possibly care about it, my ideology tells me this!  But nevermind us here at Penn St & East Anglia massaging our balls on the equations to make them extra hot, all the while compressing the sun's inputs so that there's more room for climate "science" ball-sweat.

I have "Bow down before the one you serve" playing in my head and the propagandized think of Trump when they hear it, but should instead be thinking of the ways in which the governmentcorporation and its institutions became perverted, and why L<>R has become meaningless - and why there is only conformity and non conformity; misinformation and disinformation. 

Godmoney is an attribute of central banking, fraudgraft and planetary enslavement, not of the Capitalist.  Its only useful for the forces of enslavement to assert that it be so.

The left has a an Oligarch-drawn picture book and calls it a mirror...the banksters are pissing on your heads telling you its raining...

It just seems like such a blatent political move by Google

G00gle is a cia pentagon corporation and is part of the subversion & sellout of humanity.

Same as facebook.

cia corporate model

develop it all using gov resources, pentagon, dept of Energy, wherever,

once its all robust, find some schlub to "pop an idea" (they handed zuck the entire back end of the platform)

all free R&D as the connected get in at early stages (why do you think epstein, as no sort of primary broke, got over 40 IPOs slid his way)

and this is just part of the raping of the planet - its being done with as many industries and businesses as they can do it with - the IPO pump and dump.  plenty of people know it happens, but how many people know that taxpayers often bankroll the R&D on .gov equipment for them to begin with?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, is that another conspirrrrrrrracy theory?  :rolleyes: 

yup just like the LIBOR daily gold price fix was totally a conspiracy theory before all of a sudden oh wait, its actually totally a fact.

so many examples, so little time *chuckles* 

so few willing to actually challenge aside from "you're crazy for believing that shit!"  :lol: "what?  no I'm not reading that!"

Spoiler

and of course the "you might be wrong" but I've said numerous times that I do not expect to be 100% correct on everything, but there are some things that fuckin a you bet your ass I know I'm correct about.   confident?  yep.  why?  data backed decision.  simple as that, I just care about what IS TRUE.  Cant come to a conclusion for sure?  EXAMINE.  not SHUT ER DOWN AND STOOOOOOP!!!  lol what ya scared of FINDING????

and so few that want to include such things as important in their "worldview analysis" :lol:

(one can skip it just dont call the position on the matter robust in the least!!!!)

so yes "its a blatant political move" but remember that for those who subvert both sides, its "political move du jour" because that pendulum will swing wherever a target's required - as you know ;)   Reagan good, Bush good.  Bush bad, Clinton Good.  Clinton Bad, Bush good.  Bush bad, Obama good.  Obama savior, Orange Man Bad.

Good, looks like Trump is going to declare the absolutely Fascist supporting "anti fascist" AntiFa to be a terror org.  They most certainly are one.

Edited by joeblast
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@joeblast Two words: focus. ;)

I realized a long time ago that there are basically two modes in which people operate. The first is "what actually works?" and the second is "what makes me feel good?"

It's scary to make the transition from the latter to the former, since it means giving up all the pretty ideas of childhood and living in the reality of adulthood. It's the difference between "I'm a good person, I deserve better than this" and "What am I doing wrong and how can I change?"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, C T said:

The report might interest you, and help answer some of your questions. 

https://www.cfr.org/report/economic-logic-illegal-immigration

Thanks for that... found it somewhat interesting, particularly how he describes the illegal workforce as more flexible and concludes with one idea to make legal work visas more flexible.   I think that is a good idea.

While he says amnesty doesn't deter but encourages illegal crossings, he is basically advocating it still (if I read him right).   It is somewhat dated and would be interesting to see what he would say since the time of publication.   he contends illegal crossings raise when work is more favorable in the US relative to Mexico but those crossing now are made up more of not from Mexico and doesn't seem related to our economy (however good it is) but other countries conditions.

55 minutes ago, C T said:

Well.... Uncle Bernice ain't the president, right... And if he was he'll be found just as if not more ridiculous. 

I'll hope for never seeing that day.  :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I realized a long time ago that there are basically two modes in which people operate. The first is "what actually works?" and the second is "what makes me feel good?"

Spoiler

I just love to quote myself... :)

Perhaps I'll start a thread on the topic of "What actually works" vs "What makes me feel good." We'll see, it seems the Trump thread is a general purpose dumping ground for such ideas so I'll stick with it for now..

Political ideologies are like a compass: they point in the direction that you want to go, but they aren't actual destinations. No one ever says "I want to go right", or "I want to go left" as an absolute statement. Rather, the desire to go right or go left is always relative to where a person already is. In addition, it must be taken on a case-by-case basis.

To illustrate this point, I bring you the Laffer Curve:  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve)

The Laffer Curve is used in government debate to open a dialog regarding the appropriate level of taxation, the assumption being a desire to maximize revenue to the government. The Laffer Curve posits two main points: at zero percent taxation the government will receive zero dollars in tax revenue ($X * 0 = $0); similarly, at 100 percent taxation the government will also receive zero dollars in tax revenue (since everyone will simply stop working!). The corollary to this is at some percentage of taxation greater and zero and less than 100 the government will receive maximum revenue. It also means that at all other points between zero and 100, the government will receive less than maximum revenue.

What does this mean?

It means that "lower taxes" (the right's mantra) is not always correct. It also means that "higher taxes" (the left's mantra) is also not always correct

This is really important, since it shows that the correct path (the middle way, if you will) is somewhere between the left's ideological society and the right's ideological society. It shows that it is possible to go too far. You push all the way to the left and you get North Korea and zero freedom. You push all the way to the right and you get anarchy. Neither is good for a society. But somewhere between the two (the exact location is debatable) there is a point of maximum freedom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dawei said:

Thanks for that... found it somewhat interesting, particularly how he describes the illegal workforce as more flexible and concludes with one idea to make legal work visas more flexible.   I think that is a good idea.

While he says amnesty doesn't deter but encourages illegal crossings, he is basically advocating it still (if I read him right).   It is somewhat dated and would be interesting to see what he would say since the time of publication.   he contends illegal crossings raise when work is more favorable in the US relative to Mexico but those crossing now are made up more of not from Mexico and doesn't seem related to our economy (however good it is) but other countries conditions.

I'll hope for never seeing that day.  :)

I apologise for the meaningless reply about Sanders. Predictive texts on the phone are a laugh really at times. I couldn't edit immediately as I had to start work. Have tidied up the post just now. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

So I have been informed that Citizens United that was passed in 2012 is the source of all evil.

I was informed that it allows corporations to pay congress peoples unlimited monies and they dont have to disclose it.

hmmmmm

So I have been informed that Citizens United that was passed in 2012 is the source of all evil.

I was informed that it allows corporations to pay congress peoples unlimited monies and they dont have to disclose it.

hmmmmm

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/citizens-united-v-federal-election-commission/

https://casetext.com/case/citizens-united-v-federal-election-comn?ref=Sb!ILRPD3

• Thanks 1

This topic is an embarrassing pile of trash.

As founder of this space I'd like to personally invite members committed to far-right politics leave this forum.

You're not welcome here anymore.

The web is awash with other far-right friendly dumpsters you can crawl into.

Peace,

Sean

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5