Stosh

Trump talk

16 minutes ago, C T said:

No leader worth his salt wilfully seeks to divide a country the way this current one is doing - and its obvious that should any major crisis of  destabilisation were to occur within the next couple of years,

That's not the president doing this. That's the media, hollywood, and the establishment who are doing everything in their power to divide the population and tank the president's approval rating so they can impeach. 

After his inauguration speech, the liberal talking points were about how "dark and divisive" is speech was when it was anything but that. 

Then it was onto Russian Collusion. Then Stormy Daniels. Then tax returns. Then he's a racist. Then back to Russia. Then more Stormy Daniels. More Russian Collusion. More racist/sexist. Back to Russian Collusion. Back to Stormy Daniels. Back to taxes. And it repeats over and over and over. it is the current power structure doing what they can to burn everything down so to speak. 

You must only consume liberal media. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, C T said:

No leader worth his salt wilfully seeks to divide a country the way this current one is doing

I think it is true that he's doing this.

But the opposing side is absolutely bonkers, so I'm with him.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Big-Gov'ment doesn't want to produce solutions, but instead wants to produce a grievance culture around victimhood

Government doesn't want to produce a solution to anything. 

I took on a program about 10 years ago. The program was a box of facts, figures, and numbers. Every two or three months politicians and other high ranking officials would have an interest in this program and request new ways of how the data was presented. So I'd oblige and produce the data. You would be surprised at how many different ways data can be presented. 

Then I started meeting old timers they'd tell me, "in five or 10, or 20 years there is going to be someone new sitting in your seat producing the same reports you are and nothing will have changed."

Well, it's been at least 5 years since I've really had much to do with the program and nothing has changed. But the person who took it over is crunching numbers on this program and nothing has changed since I was part of the project. 

It's about having a box and maintaining it. If the problem in the box is solved, then that box goes away. 

• Thanks 2

CT

....Maybe I need to explain this in Buddhist terms. 

You are not saying that which is acceptable.

Trump is actually a manifestation in flux, with no ultimate individual self. 

Your opinions are an illusion. 

Your judgements are an error of your ego.

Like a mushroom, you have been kept in the dark and have been fed a pile of crap. 

You are looking through a pinhole contaminated with propaganda. 

In the Tibetan book of the dead, I am told, there are scary things which have a positive effect and your maturity is needed to understand that appearances are misleading. 

The Squad, have pretty faces, and stoke racism by wrongly accusing people who are offended by that. 

AOC won't be the nominee but she and her three tools are being very damaging on their way out. 

And yes, it is easy to blame the Dems , because their representatives are destructive.

They are doing identity politics , that is their gig this cycle , fanning the embers of racism is being done by those who deem themselves brown, deem America white , deem America bad , and deem white America bad. 

7-9-19 11:08

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, C T said:

The former president of Trump Plaza Hotel, Jack O Donnell, confirmed Trump's unabashed liking for racist & discriminatory slurs, stating, "“Donald Trump makes racist comments all the time. Once you know him, he speaks his mind about race very openly."

the phrase in the back of my my mind was

Spoiler

n* please! :lol:

(but that's not some ridiculously shockingly offensive thing amongst my friends, because we abhor the attempt at language control...not that the phrase gets uttered often at all, but like here where there's just a bit of context - well hey, I grow habanero and cayenne peppers, too!)

another good quote from a while back regarding ebola from some random person "I like its policies on race, I have similar views"

and yeah those guys are being perhaps just a touch harsh, but we can practically tell what your sources of information are - or the roots thereof, anyway.  the buddha did also say to question everything B)

9 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Government doesn't want to produce a solution to anything. 

I took on a program about 10 years ago. The program was a box of facts, figures, and numbers. Every two or three months politicians and other high ranking officials would have an interest in this program and request new ways of how the data was presented. So I'd oblige and produce the data. You would be surprised at how many different ways data can be presented. 

Then I started meeting old timers they'd tell me, "in five or 10, or 20 years there is going to be someone new sitting in your seat producing the same reports you are and nothing will have changed."

Well, it's been at least 5 years since I've really had much to do with the program and nothing has changed. But the person who took it over is crunching numbers on this program and nothing has changed since I was part of the project. 

It's about having a box and maintaining it. If the problem in the box is solved, then that box goes away.

hehe...its part of my job to ride the wave and make change happen, that is harmonious and coherent with everything going on around me.  I get to try and make things more coherent as part of my job.  its really nice to be specifically tasked with the imaginative :)

Edited by joeblast

12 hours ago, C T said:

How is expressing my view about some president, who, in my opinion, displays habitually the hallmarks of someone unfit for office considered a phony argument? 

I would give you that it is not phony which means not genuine.  It is your opinion.  I just think his point is that your refrain of being a neutral observer comes laced with incomplete picture, regardless of not having a dog in the fight.  

For example, I would argue that your point of " displays habitually the hallmarks of someone unfit for office" describes most of congress.  There is a failure to do their job and have decided to use their position to just intentional 'not play ball'.   Although politicians are regionally voted in, they do some very unseemly unpopular things from a national point of view.  That's a bit of an awkward situation but it is likely the most reasonable way to attempt to represent states. 

Granted, he may have his appeal to a percentage of the population who have been waiting impatiently for this current upheaval, and hoping that finally all thats wrong for decades will finally be put right, but its clear, as an observer that have no dog in the fight, that such optimism may be short-lived, and if you believe otherwise, more power to you, and to others who want to maintain that same level of dogged determination to take the side of a leader who will go down in history as the most divisive and partisan the US has ever, and probably will ever see. 

Your comments are laced with optimist critic... "all thats wrong will finally be put right"... Who is saying that?  Your interpretation seems again, inaccurate.   Every administration tries to 'fix' what they see as broken but some things are more systemic to human psychology than politics; some are more indicative of emotion than rationality.   Europe likely goes through these 'reminders' in a more uncivil and upheaval way (has seen in the last few years), so it is nothing to new except to the US to face the mirror. 

As far as I know, a leader who commands the respect of only half a platoon is an abject failure, or is that too naive a statement? No leader worth his salt wilfully seeks to divide a country the way this current one is doing - and its obvious that should any major crisis of  destabilisation were to occur within the next couple of years, its not hard to imagine where the blame will be directed, judging from how things are unfolding, not only there in America, but all over the world. This president is weakening the very foundation that made America great in the eyes of the world, and is being applauded for it. This in itself speaks volumes as to how the future of your country is going to unfold, sadly. 

So Obama is then an abject failure?   His division, lies, and failures of policy lead to a red carpet of Trumpism.   I think history will have more fodder as more is revealed too.    Division is almost always a given.   The difference seems to me to be the emotional health of the side one takes.  And what we see is a very unhealthy side in the left (not 100% but as a matter of the point of division).

The left turned their back before the election, during and after, and ever since.  Add in congress and the media.   Trump did not divide the country as these people were ALREADY on the left and have been most of their life.  If they were left all their life, then what changed ?   Trump being president ?    Please... their emotional instability raised its head when faced with something they are not comfortable with.  Instead of taking a rational approach to discuss the disagreements, to talk about how to improve things,  they decided a revolt was easier.   The left united in revolt.   That is an intentional and willful division to destabilize and weaken the US.  They are not traitors but I would say it is a picture of malcontent gone in an ugly direction.   

Its easy to blame the dems, and whoever else for the mess and make them out to be the bad guys, but in effect, if Trump is truly dedicated to what he says he wants to do for your country, and if he's running a tight ship, he sure has a funny way of going about it. 

So, intentional revolts, turning one's back in unity for two years, make up stories and lies, playing the victim for two years is not a funny way of going about it either ?

Again, you can focus on ONE who seems unfit and then ignore the millions who are irrational... the congress who is ignoring their job.

This is not to say that Trump+Admin has been a bed of roses.  Tons of missteps, slurs, cabinet picks that were shoddy, etc.   But imagine an underbelly of those within the political realm+intelligence who have their mind set against the incoming administration.  Any why ?  Because their candidate lost ?

My wife was talking to a friend who said she hated Trump.  My wife asked why... she could not come up with a single reason. When pressed what she actually knew about Trump, she said she knew nothing...  

This reminds me of 5 year old children in protests holding signs degrading their president...   Who in the world would force a child to do that?   That seems rather cruel on some level to put into a child's mind your own hatred for something and about something they cannot have any concept of... yet, they will go around school with this idea that Trump is evil, etc.   That's where the left has taken it. 

Nobody seems to care about the actions like this and the effect it has on future generations to be able to be a neutral observer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stosh said:

Do you even know what the Nazis did? It would appear you dont. 

Spoiler

Make sure to turn off "Safe Search" when you click this link. Graphic pictures:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nazi concentration camp&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=nazi concentration camp&sc=8-23&sk=&cvid=01D86972D17145F2B4F42AC66F8A8ECA

^^^ THIS is what it means to be a Nazi.

By contrast, here are photos of the ICE detention centers:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=US Border Patrol detention center&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=us border patrol detention center&sc=0-33&sk=&cvid=C250AAD73F774ACD9A5DB4B493942BFF

Keep in mind: The jews in WWII were rounded up and forced to relocate to concentration camps, whereas the illegal aliens crossing the southern border as choosing to make the journey, based largely by the enticement of de-facto amnesty provided by our government.

24 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Reveal hidden contents

Make sure to turn off "Safe Search" when you click this link. Graphic pictures:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nazi concentration camp&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=nazi concentration camp&sc=8-23&sk=&cvid=01D86972D17145F2B4F42AC66F8A8ECA

^^^ THIS is what it means to be a Nazi.

By contrast, here are photos of the ICE detention centers:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=US Border Patrol detention center&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=us border patrol detention center&sc=0-33&sk=&cvid=C250AAD73F774ACD9A5DB4B493942BFF

Keep in mind: The jews in WWII were rounded up and forced to relocate to concentration camps, whereas the illegal aliens crossing the southern border as choosing to make the journey, based largely by the enticement of de-facto amnesty provided by our government.

I see a big difference, but photos do not convey well the context of events. Like... Some of those photos of people in blankets are from the Obama administration, and these illegals are only expecting a short duration internment. 

It's not the Ritz ,nor Disneyland, but it's not the garbage dumps of Mexico City the gas Chambers of Auschwitz, or the streets of San Francisco. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I see a big difference, but photos do not convey well the context of events. Like... Some of those photos of people in blankets are from the Obama administration, and these illegals are only expecting a short duration internment. 

Memories are very short... Obama period has pictures of overcrowding and stories of illegal's dying... nobody cared.  They put folks in cages and they greatly expanded the ability to keep folks cuz it was needed...  They deported how many ?   Biden is ducking left and right on this issue now... but Now the left care about illegals? 

No, this is nothing about caring.  This is folks nature showing its worse side: Pretending to care is a smoke screen to continue the revolt. 

Real and True caring would be meeting to pass a bill to fix the problems their own laws created.  

• Like 3

Let them come in and work. who cares. dont give them citizenship though atleast not immediately. 

The only underside of this is the few we let in that are murderers and crime lords. And I say few, because as a world traveller I have fostered the opinion that most people are good people just trying to get by.

We technically dont need a wall. Just a better way to regulate businesses from hiring undocumented workers.

I just strongly dislike undocumented workers not paying taxes when everyone else is. 

Also if they get free healthcare from us, they better be working and paying taxes.

4 minutes ago, MooNiNite said:

Let them come in and work. who cares. dont give them citizenship though atleast not immediately. 

The only underside of this is the few we let in that are murderers and crime lords. And I say few, because as a world traveller I have fostered the opinion that most people are good people just trying to get by.

We technically dont need a wall. Just a better way to regulate businesses from hiring undocumented workers.

3 minutes ago, MooNiNite said:

I just strongly dislike undocumented workers not paying taxes when everyone else is. 

Also if they get free healthcare from us, they better be working and paying taxes.

I hear you... but let's realize that any system needs to be systematic with checks and controls.  I think parts of what you say would work in the sense that: If you give them no reason to hide (ie: let them work), they will feel less the need to hide.  

The real challenge is in enforcement in the end: Who oversees it all to ensure compliance?    e-Verify will be used by those who have legals; employers will give I-9s to legals.   So there would need to be a way to regulate businesses from hiring undocumented and we should ensure they are paying taxes (and not loving off the state).    I would be for something sensible but enforcement is the problem, IMO.

Let's take a hypothetical on 'no wall'.  Let's say 11 million come across the border...  oh crap, that is reality in terms of 11 million illegals in the US.  Did you know that only 7 states have a population larger than 11 million ?

11 million makes up the 12 smallest states/district...  then it is the next 6 states to pass 11 million again.    So two sets of that is almost half the US. 

When does the 'no wall' close ? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the frank replies and for humouring me, some of you :)... special mention to the OP for the candid but empty lecture a few posts up. Dawei presented some interesting points worth noting. 

It appears there's overwhelming interest to whitewash this president's apparent inadequacies, but thats understandable - its quite normal to expect deliverance from each transition of leadership. Hope it works out for the benefit of the country as a whole. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C T said:

there's overwhelming interest to whitewash this president's apparent inadequacies

This is not correct. What you are calling a "whitewash" is simply a difference of opinion. Trump says many things that make me cringe, but in the end I care far less about his words than about his actions, since it is his actions that have a real affect on my life. I support his actions. I tolerate his words.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

This is not correct. What you are calling a "whitewash" is simply a difference of opinion. Trump says many things that make me cringe, but in the end I care far less about his words than about his actions, since it is his actions that have a real affect on my life. I support his actions. I tolerate his words.

And I take that to mean that your quality of life has improved, meaning you feel confident in this style of leadership, and would like to see a second term? It should be quite obvious, but I just need to ask. 

In the eyes of many, there is massive effort to whitewash his scandalous past, but its fine if you want to call that a difference of opinion. 

Thanks, appreciate the response.  

• Thanks 2

:lol:  I support his words and actions, because the trolling of the traitors is just beautiful and I've been waiting for someone to tell people like it is, and seeing people recoil in horror since his words disagree with the progreamming is like eating a sweet dessert at times, because its just so needed.

hell yeah I support a second term, because he needs to finish the cleanup job!!!

is my life getting better?  yeah, but its not all about me....seeing the global criminal networks cleaned up....is absolutely priceless...

e5badbd4dce16900ba85c0f91a396c5fcf76e912

1b887e8fd5a574a2deea44c314859bdc1bfa8fec

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/16/trump-government-unions-ruling/

Appeals Court Backs Trump Bid To Get Tough On Government Unions

233cc3f0e0b1c67a49cf3bb2045c73cd4574afbf

6786f234b34b1af01883cc4ac17bba9e81bf25d7

El Chapo life in Prison

Spoiler

3394148e910e99254fcb894993c48dd9014751a7

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7256095/Italian-U-S-police-make-arrests-Mafia-clan-looks-regroup.html

Police and the FBI carry out raids targeting New York's Gambino family and the Inzerillo Mafia in Italy where the US mobsters have helped the Sicilians rebuild their powerbase

More flynn weirdness

7af2c07a125c1a68bfd30b12803379b915da2ecb

Epstein related

Spoiler

b67ae32d090d7be923d2bc173623530597af7c67

lol of course he's not going to bother piloting unless he absolutely had to

sick bastads, this almost looks fake vintage, except you can see the consistent scan lines

e5c9d7a42ac15f7265224203b1875aefb0155065

There's an article out there saying prosecutions or arrests or something for trafficking are down under trump, but then appear to neglect big efforts such as

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nearly-1700-suspected-child-sex-predators-arrested-during-operation-broken-heart

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/more-2300-suspected-online-child-sex-offenders-arrested-during-operation-broken-heart

Edited by joeblast

9 minutes ago, C T said:

And I take that to mean that your quality of life has improved, meaning you feel confident in this style of leadership, and would like to see a second term? It should be quite obvious, but I just need to ask. 

Pretty sure we're all hoping to see a 6th term from this President.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, C T said:

Thanks for the frank replies and for humouring me, some of you :)... special mention to the OP for the candid but empty lecture a few posts up. Dawei presented some interesting points worth noting. 

It appears there's overwhelming interest to whitewash this president's apparent inadequacies, but thats understandable - its quite normal to expect deliverance from each transition of leadership. Hope it works out for the benefit of the country as a whole. 

Empty means good in Taospeak.

He is not inadequate , despite the left ,the economy ,,and therefore the wellbeing of the people, is enhanced under his leadership.

We have what was called representative gov. It means one hasn't got to be a fan. 

He is rough on folks who attack him needlessly first .

But He will negotiate in good faith with anyone.

With an army of hostile lawyers arrayed against him,and our own FBI spying on him even into the Whitehouse, He came up clean of charges.

It's great to have a hard ass champion of the people when under this assault by the deluded communists.

We have had other hard men as President, and they have been our greatest. But that doesn't mean they were unopposed and loved by all, like the second coming of Jesus. 

In an adversarial world, ones competitors are not happy with a tough foe, and lovingly embrace a pushover.

37 minutes ago, C T said:

This is correct, and not just for me. Unemployment is at a fifty year low. Unemployment for women is at a sixty year low, and unemployment for Hispanics and blacks is at an all time low. Business is booming due to low taxes and reduced regulatory burdens. Constitutionalism is returning to the Federal courts. The military has been reinvigorated. The southern border is finally being controlled and is no longer wide open, and the grievance-based, victim ideology that has been inculcated into our society for more than half a century is finally being exposed for the toxic ideology that it is.

It is for this reason that the progressive left is panicking. They intuitively know that their reign is coming to an end and are pulling out all the stops to prevent it. It's no accident that academia, the media, big tech, and the Democratic party are working in lock-step. Why wouldn't they? The time to feign impartiality is over. They must win now or it is game over, and they know it.

Edited by Lost in Translation
Replaced "Federal legislature" with "Federal courts"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, C T said:

I don't think it has to do with deliverance but correction.  And I would not use 'leadership' because it gets twisted into a moral imperative when some just see it for policy issues.   

To talk about 'benefiting the country' is premature.   There should not be an expectation of any president for quick fixes.  What we should hope for is no quick failures that thoroughly disturb markets and lifestyles... think Obamacare... a selective fix with disastrous implications to the rest.   Again, I say wait 50 years.   

1 hour ago, C T said:

In the eyes of many, there is massive effort to whitewash his scandalous past, but its fine if you want to call that a difference of opinion. 

Thanks, appreciate the response.  

I personally don't care if my quality of life has improved because that is again a short-term view for the most part.  My mental outlook is not dependent on a president's personal life or past.  I didn't care about the past of any president... nor what they did during their tenure (Clinton).  I don't care about the past of the hundreds of congressmen, senators, etc that have done the same if not worse.   That is a 'wash' to me; both sides will have this and that will never end.   

So it will always be a non-issue to me, and that seems fair to all politicians on both sides if I treat them all equally that way.   In case an extreme example gets put to me.. likely if Epstein were to try to run for office, I'd likely not be comfortable with that... but you'd never see me protesting.   That's a waste of time for me.   If I had a chance to vote, I know how I would vote.

Should he have a second term?  I tend to think so in order to continue some of the changes but there are a few big ones that I think the left will completely sink if in place.  I think if folks allowed it to play out and see where it goes, there are some chances for something better than what we've seen in the last 40 years.  I have never felt any president should stop what they are doing as I think we have to give them the benefit of letting their idea play out over a few years.  We can see later whether that worked out or need to try something else. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dawei said:

I don't think it has to do with deliverance but correction.  And I would not use 'leadership' because it gets twisted into a moral imperative when some just see it for policy issues.   

To talk about 'benefiting the country' is premature.   There should not be an expectation of any president for quick fixes.  What we should hope for is no quick failures that thoroughly disturb markets and lifestyles... think Obamacare... a selective fix with disastrous implications to the rest.   Again, I say wait 50 years.   

I personally don't care if my quality of life has improved because that is again a short-term view for the most part.  My mental outlook is not dependent on a president's personal life or past.  I didn't care about the past of any president... nor what they did during their tenure (Clinton).  I don't care about the past of the hundreds of congressmen, senators, etc that have done the same if not worse.   That is a 'wash' to me; both sides will have this and that will never end.   

So it will always be a non-issue to me, and that seems fair to all politicians on both sides if I treat them all equally that way.   In case an extreme example gets put to me.. likely if Epstein were to try to run for office, I'd likely not be comfortable with that... but you'd never see me protesting.   That's a waste of time for me.   If I had a chance to vote, I know how I would vote.

Should he have a second term?  I tend to think so in order to continue some of the changes but there are a few big ones that I think the left will completely sink if in place.  I think if folks allowed it to play out and see where it goes, there are some chances for something better than what we've seen in the last 40 years.  I have never felt any president should stop what they are doing as I think we have to give them the benefit of letting their idea play out over a few years.  We can see later whether that worked out or need to try something else. 

Appreciate the candour. Personal insights are infinitely more valuable than bashing posts. 

Same goes to LiT & other contributors along this vein. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

The majority of Mexicans in Mexico feel that the immigration policy there is a problem and want to deport theirs back to their countries of origin. 

:lol:

Is that racist of them ?:P

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

So you guys have no problem with Trump being openly racist ? "Send them back" is a phrase with a racist history and racist connotations, there is not even any attempt to cover it up now, it's a deliberate strategy. 

Of course such rhetoric is divisive , this isn't some liberal media conspiracy dividing your country, your President is plainly and openly courting it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsun said:

So you guys have no problem with Trump being openly racist ? "Send them back" is a phrase with a racist history and racist connotations, there is not even any attempt to cover it up now, it's a deliberate strategy. 

Of course such rhetoric is divisive , this isn't some liberal media conspiracy dividing your country, your President is plainly and openly courting it. 

Back in the good ol days ,a man was allowed his opinions , and had free speech.

And it was understood that along with this freedom one would just have to suck it up, that sometimes what was said ,was not pleasing to the listener.

That's what free speech is. 

To hear you insinuate that everyone needs to protect your little virgin ears is frankly anti American, and making a big ado about the significance of his statement, just shows the partisan spin you need to put on that which is virtually Nothing . It means it's just another bogus attack on your part ,to make anything of it.

When someone ticks you off, it's possible you have said things with the express intent of 'returning the favor'.

Frankly I am surprised I need to explain this to y'all , such an inability to understand this low level of subtlety ,is usually reserved for those with serious mental disabilities.

Edited by Stosh