rideforever

What Knowledge is Actually Sound ?

Gravity : you drop a brick and it falls down.  But why ?  There are no tethers, no particles.  

What about if you drop a brick in the middle of a circle of people who all wish it to go up - what happens then ?   Anyone try ?

We have some equations that calculate the rate of falling down .... so that knowledge seems fine.   We can sort of measure how things change.   But not why ?

What about light ?   How does it get from there to here ?   How does it travel through the nothing of space ?

How does it stay light and not go out.   If I light a candle and travel from the "sun" to the "earth", the candle will have run out.

So why does light not run out ?
It must be special, specially connected to the power source of the whole universe.

Like the feed into this universe, wow.

There are a lot of things people never think about.

What about men and women.  The penis goes into the vagina, like a puzzle.   And it feels good and is "creative".   Are these then all the rules we should follow, doing things where the pieces fit, feels good and is creative ?   Like we are in a big puzzle where the rules are lost.

When we eat the materials of the earth then the earth bodies grow and grow like a balloon filled up, then once fully inflated they get old decay and one day pop.   What's that all about ?

There are a lot of strange things going on.

I received sound knowledge that was not spoken .  But it was sound ... a weird sound.  many years later I heard that sound again, it was when I inserted an old style  audio cassette computer programme into an audio cassette player by mistake .

Thats the only 2 times I have heard a sound like that ... that contained knowledge  .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

The double helix spiral structure of DNA ... discovered by Crick & Watson.   Many different ideas for the structure had been proposed but they were not right, and one night I believe it was Watson who dreamt of a spiraling staircase.   And this lead to the discovery, he woke up the next day and used his dream image to assemble the structure.

It seems this dream is being erased from Wikipedia and other sources, because it is insulting to the image of what is called "research science" upon which many salaries depend.

"Research science" must be the reason for the discovery and not a "dream", which anyone can do.   If a "dream" can lead to discoveries an awful lot of people would be out of work, and moreover they wouldn't be able to walk about with their chest puffed out because they are so special.

In fact what I have seen in my own software engineering is that from time to time a particular person in a team will "come up with something" and this ultimately leads to the success of the project or survival of the company.   But it's not talked about much.

The image must continue, the image of the "research scientist" and that whol hierarchy and structure around it.

Now when Wikipedia and other "offical sources" are written, they are fully corrupt and ignorant of the true cause of things, of who actually discovered things and how, in order to protect the salaries and inflated image of .... a group of ordinary people who happen to be attached to this "industry".

Anyway, it's all bullshit.   And mostly stinking bullshit.

It is difficult to really to what is going on.   I imagine some of this "research science" might be worth something, but which parts I do not know.   Frankly man's "world", the official world, is just a total lie, but somewhere inside are a few people who from time to time are doing useful and real things.

Perhaps we should change the name of the planet to Planet BS.

Anyway .... there is truth but not very easy to find.

And I suppose people often want to bring down the hierarchy but ... that doesn't work either.

What works is to find the truth of things, which is well hidden.

In fact a large part of our special spends its time burying the truth and rearranging the hedges so nobody would know.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

Another one.   One of the threads here is on Mystical Christianity.

Now people are always complaining about the hierarchy and trying to move on, move back, move out .... move somewhere because of some complaint.

The thing is neither those who adhere to Christianity nor those who are doing radical Christianity ... know anything at all.

I have been shocked by joining a couple of scriptural study groups here one Anglican and more radical, one Catholic and traditional, that nobody here can read the words on the page.

Because they all have their little agendas, their little movie of themselves.

And when they read the Bible what happens is that they play that little movie in their head and they feel self-righteous or something.

It's how they defend their self-image.

( I should say that they Cathoilcs are in general much close to God, but also less fun )

Anyway, there is a truth, but people just don't read, they are unable to.

So all these different sects and traditions, in Taoism and Qigong .... frankly 99% of it ... is personal agendas.

There is a truth - but who knows it ?  Not many.

Mostly people look for the ideal group to join where they can play their self-image-movie.

So the fakeness has to do with self-image-ego that requires a phoney world, a phoney "knowledge".

Meanwhile somewhere lurking beneath, is the real world.

• Like 1

Why do people quote the Bible Upanishads Kaballah Tao Te Ching ?
After thousands of years the same book ?
Does anyone have anything else to say ?
Is that it ?
It's a question .... we can all take the mickey, but does anyone have anything else to say ?
Do people know how to create their own knowledge ?

• Like 1

The only sound knowledge is the knowledge that helps you keep moving forwards on the way.

Absolute knowledge on the other hand is an utopia of the mind trying to understand what cannot be understood.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, rideforever said:

Another one.   One of the threads here is on Mystical Christianity.

Now people are always complaining about the hierarchy and trying to move on, move back, move out .... move somewhere because of some complaint.

The thing is neither those who adhere to Christianity nor those who are doing radical Christianity ... know anything at all.

I have been shocked by joining a couple of scriptural study groups here one Anglican and more radical, one Catholic and traditional, that nobody here can read the words on the page.

Because they all have their little agendas, their little movie of themselves.

And when they read the Bible what happens is that they play that little movie in their head and they feel self-righteous or something.

It's how they defend their self-image.

( I should say that they Cathoilcs are in general much close to God, but also less fun )

Anyway, there is a truth, but people just don't read, they are unable to.

So all these different sects and traditions, in Taoism and Qigong .... frankly 99% of it ... is personal agendas.

There is a truth - but who knows it ?  Not many.

Mostly people look for the ideal group to join where they can play their self-image-movie.

So the fakeness has to do with self-image-ego that requires a phoney world, a phoney "knowledge".

Meanwhile somewhere lurking beneath, is the real world.

Thankyou! :)

On 6/2/2019 at 9:04 AM, rideforever said:

The double helix spiral structure of DNA ... discovered by Crick & Watson.   Many different ideas for the structure had been proposed but they were not right, and one night I believe it was Watson who dreamt of a spiraling staircase.   And this lead to the discovery, he woke up the next day and used his dream image to assemble the structure.

It seems this dream is being erased from Wikipedia and other sources, because it is insulting to the image of what is called "research science" upon which many salaries depend.

"Research science" must be the reason for the discovery and not a "dream", which anyone can do.   If a "dream" can lead to discoveries an awful lot of people would be out of work, and moreover they wouldn't be able to walk about with their chest puffed out because they are so special.

imo, we need both, long hard scientific study and dreams/reverie.   Famous discoveries and breakthroughs  (& poems) have been created in dreams.  Some have been created while relaxed bathing.  That doesn't mean bathing is the secret.  Rather, imo it takes both,  the hard study, hypothesis, long drawn out thinking, years of foundational study.. as well as times like dreams and reverie when the mind is set free.  For example it does no good to dream of double helix's if you haven't studied proteins and how they connect and work, send information.   The genius is more the visual, you have to know your science understand what you have. 

The best scientists and thinkers seem to use both.  I imagine dissing one, and only using the other would lead to less results. 

17 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Maybe maybe not.

Wikipedia is busy erasing any reference of dream discovery, in order to maintain the air that it's "really hard work" and it's "business model" and "hierarchies" ... and so on, to maintain that's it's all worthwhile.

Maybe it is all complete shit.

Maybe you have these huge organisations of trained phd monkeys all busily tuning their microscopes, meanwhile a few odd fellows are coming up with all the ideas, and the shareholders make all the cash.

Maybe humanity is simply a lie top to bottom.

Maybe any sane species would not live the way it does.

Maybe the real heroes and geniuses are never known, and all the clowns step forward to take the credit for their "really hard work".

This species is really sh**.   Our species has no conscience.
It is crude, rude, ignorant, dumb, vain, deluded, and viscious.

PHD monkeys?  Really.. a person who has passion and goes on to an advanced degree and you call them monkeys.  I get the feeling the people coming up with these ideas like say Crick, had degrees in 2 fields and doctorate.  They were very well educated. 

You diss the very people you earlier complimented.  Course you game is to pretty much diss everyone, all of mankind, constantly.  That's not a good mindset to wallow in.  Makes me wonder if its really yourself you're so mad at, that you require constant criticism of everyone and everything. 

back on subject

You seem to think scientific advances are 'just' dreampt up.  No, like the RNA they are most often hard working scientists who've studied for decades.  Been involved in the cutting edge research and correspondence and used all there faculties, logic and reverie to come up with new discoveries.  As Einstein Bernard of Chartres said advancing science by '.. standing on the shoulder of giants'. 

There's more research and books on esoteric dream work then ever these days.  Tons of free stuff too. 

Edited by thelerner

Course none of that guarantees you have an accurate view either.  You're desperately clinging to your image of society.  Really desperate, you post about it several times a day.  How everything and everyone stinks, is monkeys..  Being negative about everything, doesn't mean your right about anything.

Didn't see the movie, but being a good guy, with good morals is to me, reward enough.  Bad guys, bad luck, shit happens, for me, its still the correct route.  Course to me, good should include smart.  

Seeing reality is important too.  Getting both sides and not being stuck in a single position, though I will side a bit towards optimism because there is a human bias towards pessimism, ie the grass and past were greener then it is now.  Course sometimes that's true, but often its not. 

Edited by thelerner

rational knowledge:  "The problems of language here are really serious.  We wish to speak in some way about the structure of atoms... But we cannot speak about the nature of atom using ordinary language."  Werner Heisenberg regarding the inability of language to explain sub atomic observations.

intuitional knowledge:  "The contradiction so puzzling to the ordinary way of thinking comes from the fact that we have to use language to communicate our inner experience which in its very nature transcends linguistics."  D.T. Suzuki regarding the inability of language to explain direct experience.

Language is modeling.  Words are symbols representing conceptual intellectualizations of perceptions arising from senses.

All models comprised of language and conceptual thinking, be they scientific, or metaphysic, are personally generated abstractions... models influenced in their structure by our associations made through the behavioral conditioning of social and familial influences.  Words are pure mental conceptual notions that represent and try to convey a sense of our experiences of absolute reality. 

They are not reality, but like maps of a terrain, they are an aproximation for localized awareness, but possess not the ken to convey the actuality of reality, due to their inability to transcend and convey direct experience. 

The word water, though it conveys the concept of wetness, will never quench thirst, nor give rise to the experience of swimming.

The menu is not the meal.

What knowledge remains sound, when the perception that knowledge arises from, is a personally generated and interpreted aproximation of the partial information of absolute reality, arising in each individual through sensory input?