Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

on Bigu and Ketosis as jing: 12 pounds lost in 6 days

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2019/05/how-to-lose-12-pounds-in-one-week.html

Scroll way down for the details of one week of mushroom farming meditation forest cultivation in the Spring Forest Qigong hermitage.

So when I got back my jing energy was very strong but since I then had to interact with people then I ate food. When I switched back to glycosis then my jing energy immediately went down (measured by the deepness of my voice). Ketosis is well-known to be a more productive form of energy.

So I meditated full lotus 2 to 4 hours a day while also doing intense physical labor.  https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/the-fat-fueled-brain-unnatural-or-advantageous/?redirect=1

ketone bodies that the liver derives primarily from fatty acids in your diet or body fat. These ketones – ?-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), acetoacetate and acetone – are released into the bloodstream, taken up by the brain and other organs, shuttled into the “energy factory” mitochondria and used up as fuel. Excess BHB and acetoacetate are excreted from urine, while acetone, due to its volatile nature, is breathed out (hence the characteristically sweet “keto breath”). Meanwhile, blood glucose remains physiologically normal due to glucose derived from certain amino acids and the breakdown of fatty acids – voila, low blood sugar avoided!

So as that link notes - there is neutralization of the free radicals.

What I have noticed for me is that the normal glucose diet free radicals also go with an increase in anaerobic bacteria. So then the qi produces an internal tingling to neutralize the free radicals and anaerobic bacteria. With the fasting as Bigu while burning off fat (ketosis) this internal tingling still happened but it could be minimized with more meditation.

Thanks for those people who have supported the EcoEcho Forest Cultivation endeavor with a donation.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Thanks 2

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2019/06/going-into-emptiness-via-lower-tan-tien.html

I just completed another EcoEcho Forest Cultivation Bigu 6 day fast meditation intensive - while doing mushroom inoculation - just scroll down for photos. This is part of a 3 part blog post.  Thanks again for those who donated to support this community forest cultivation endeavor.

Nice, I definitely think that intermittent fasting, abandonment of simple carbohydrates/grains (essentially a paleo/ketogenic diet) followed by periods of longer fasts is the best way to live, both in terms of physical health/longevity, but also spiritual development/consciousness and improvement of mental clarity/intellect. 

I feel that there should be a gradual progression towards permanent "Bigu"/not ingesting foods whatsoever, as while a diet of say meat and vegetables and herbs is very nourishing for the body, and can be used to replenish jing and the like, there is still a crudeness to the act of killing and eating physical living beings, and a descending level of "karmic" damage from say eating an animal, to eating a plant, but that plant still wants to live and provide seed. Fruits seem to be the only living beings that "want" to be eaten, but have their seeds spared and planted.

The lifestyle and diet of the average person in the West is geared towards creating docile, and intellectually malformed robots who have just enough energy and concentration to get them through a 9-5 shift 5 days a week, then have no energy left over to fulfill their true reasons for being incarnated in this life on this planet, or confront the true issues of this society. 

Your allusions to music theory are always fascinating to me, likely why Pythagoras spent so much time on it, as with many things, it is a microcosmic model of the grander designs of the universe, which in my opinion, is based on a fractal system whereby the most infinitely minute shares the same structure as the most in-comprehensively grand structures in the known Universe and beyond. As Above, So Below, as has been said. 

I look forward to checking out your new blog, I've always thought you are the most switched on and knowledgeable person here on the forum, and a fellow Professor Yan Xin enthusiast no-less haha! Have you read the "Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences" document available on the CIA Freedom of Information Act Library? Some truly groundbreaking and fascinating stuff in there.

Hope you are well mate, and keep up the great stuff!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Synchronic said:

Nice, I definitely think that intermittent fasting, abandonment of simple carbohydrates/grains (essentially a paleo/ketogenic diet) followed by periods of longer fasts is the best way to live, both in terms of physical health/longevity, but also spiritual development/consciousness and improvement of mental clarity/intellect. 

I feel that there should be a gradual progression towards permanent "Bigu"/not ingesting foods whatsoever, as while a diet of say meat and vegetables and herbs is very nourishing for the body, and can be used to replenish jing and the like, there is still a crudeness to the act of killing and eating physical living beings, and a descending level of "karmic" damage from say eating an animal, to eating a plant, but that plant still wants to live and provide seed. Fruits seem to be the only living beings that "want" to be eaten, but have their seeds spared and planted.

The lifestyle and diet of the average person in the West is geared towards creating docile, and intellectually malformed robots who have just enough energy and concentration to get them through a 9-5 shift 5 days a week, then have no energy left over to fulfill their true reasons for being incarnated in this life on this planet, or confront the true issues of this society. 

Your allusions to music theory are always fascinating to me, likely why Pythagoras spent so much time on it, as with many things, it is a microcosmic model of the grander designs of the universe, which in my opinion, is based on a fractal system whereby the most infinitely minute shares the same structure as the most in-comprehensively grand structures in the known Universe and beyond. As Above, So Below, as has been said. 

I look forward to checking out your new blog, I've always thought you are the most switched on and knowledgeable person here on the forum, and a fellow Professor Yan Xin enthusiast no-less haha! Have you read the "Yan Xin Qigong and the Contemporary Sciences" document available on the CIA Freedom of Information Act Library? Some truly groundbreaking and fascinating stuff in there.

Hope you are well mate, and keep up the great stuff!

Cheers!

thank you for sharing. I think the Po Soul of life that is not sentient is the biophoton quantum relativistic energy of plants and fungi for example. So Gabriel Cousens of fasting and "rainbow diet" fame wrote how the secret to his yoga samadhi training in INdia was to not even eat fruit! I worked in an organic fruit job for two years and I realized I could not eat fruit without activating a sick qi reaction. Why? Fruit is mainly fructose - which is inherently toxic to our bodies and so fruit then activates the front vagus nerve - as it reverses the small universe or microcosmic heavenly orbit direction (due to the wrong chirality of the light since fructose is a left-handed sugar).  Dr. Robert Lustig is the expert on fructose as a toxic. So the yin qi is activated as an internal tinging to neutralize the free radicals created by the fructose.

Also Daoism is based on this deeper truth of asymmetric time-frequency energy while the fractals that you refer to still rely on symmetric Western math or commutative math systems. So that is more of a Western New Age Freemason esotericism. A lot of posters on this site do not realize this error as it is the wrong foundation of Western civilization - what I called the "rotten root" back in 2001 - based on my recent qigong enlightenment experience.

The "original qigong master" as I call http://springforestqigong.com states that for qigong persons - we can only eat till 75% full otherwise the "food goes to the head." What this means is that after the third eye is open then it is permanently magnetized and so the right side vagus nerve is always pulling up kundalini energy (or N/om as the original human culture calls it) - from the 2nd brain. This means that anaerobic bacteria as sick qi will then get leached out of the skull and gums. For example Sri Dhyanyogi in his book "This House on Fire" describes how he was not able to find any food in the US that was purified enough. And so the sick qi for me, from food, is always leaching out of the gums. So I always use essential oils as antiseptics and purifying antioxidants - or use ginger.

Yes right now I am on the "feast or famine" diet as I did too much free tantric psychic healing after opening my third eye - so I burned out my jing energy that is from the yang qi. So I have to rely on food as a yin qi source. But just as Milarepa's skin was green from living off stinging nettles while not fasting in meditation - then we can also rely on the biophoton quality of food as the most purest food sources. I have planted stinging nettles on the EcoEcho forest up north as a potential future food source that will be a perennial and spread naturally. Stinging nettles is a complete protein with lots of minerals and vitamins and healing properties.

So to store up the qi requires that the qi be "hidden" and in fact one of the top Yan Xin students told me to keep the meditation secret to store up the qi. So then I try to keep the location of the ecoecho forest secret so I can practice meditation there privately.

Thanks again for your interest.

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You can always bless your food with a blast of chi Drew.

yes Chunyi says this is why he likes the practice of prayer before eating so much. For example "Lord" means Annointed one - and of course that is the secret of celibacy as qi energy - what in the ancient Pre-Socratic Pythagorean training is called Aion as eternal time kundalini energy. Bless us oh Lord for these Thy Gifts which we are about to receive from Thy Bounty. Amen.

So as Chunyi points out the emotional energy that food is prepared with is then just as and even more important than the actual substance of the food. This is why alcohol causes anger and caffeine causes fear - and smoking causes sadness.

So the key to a Ketosis Bigu diet is to drink lots of water. And we know that water also stores up the energy-information as well. So this is why Chunyi encourages people to have a big container of water next to the phone when people get phone healings. Then they should just keep that water in the frig and keep drinking the water off and on. That will continue the healing energy from the water.

There was just a science study showing that we get a big dopamine blast from not the water but the physiology of GULPING the water.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, voidisyinyang said:

thank you for sharing. I think the Po Soul of life that is not sentient is the biophoton quantum relativistic energy of plants and fungi for example. So Gabriel Cousens of fasting and "rainbow diet" fame wrote how the secret to his yoga samadhi training in INdia was to not even eat fruit! I worked in an organic fruit job for two years and I realized I could not eat fruit without activating a sick qi reaction. Why? Fruit is mainly fructose - which is inherently toxic to our bodies and so fruit then activates the front vagus nerve - as it reverses the small universe or microcosmic heavenly orbit direction (due to the wrong chirality of the light since fructose is a left-handed sugar).  Dr. Robert Lustig is the expert on fructose as a toxic. So the yin qi is activated as an internal tinging to neutralize the free radicals created by the fructose.

Also Daoism is based on this deeper truth of asymmetric time-frequency energy while the fractals that you refer to still rely on symmetric Western math or commutative math systems. So that is more of a Western New Age Freemason esotericism. A lot of posters on this site do not realize this error as it is the wrong foundation of Western civilization - what I called the "rotten root" back in 2001 - based on my recent qigong enlightenment experience.

The "original qigong master" as I call http://springforestqigong.com states that for qigong persons - we can only eat till 75% full otherwise the "food goes to the head." What this means is that after the third eye is open then it is permanently magnetized and so the right side vagus nerve is always pulling up kundalini energy (or N/om as the original human culture calls it) - from the 2nd brain. This means that anaerobic bacteria as sick qi will then get leached out of the skull and gums. For example Sri Dhyanyogi in his book "This House on Fire" describes how he was not able to find any food in the US that was purified enough. And so the sick qi for me, from food, is always leaching out of the gums. So I always use essential oils as antiseptics and purifying antioxidants - or use ginger.

Yes right now I am on the "feast or famine" diet as I did too much free tantric psychic healing after opening my third eye - so I burned out my jing energy that is from the yang qi. So I have to rely on food as a yin qi source. But just as Milarepa's skin was green from living off stinging nettles while not fasting in meditation - then we can also rely on the biophoton quality of food as the most purest food sources. I have planted stinging nettles on the EcoEcho forest up north as a potential future food source that will be a perennial and spread naturally. Stinging nettles is a complete protein with lots of minerals and vitamins and healing properties.

So to store up the qi requires that the qi be "hidden" and in fact one of the top Yan Xin students told me to keep the meditation secret to store up the qi. So then I try to keep the location of the ecoecho forest secret so I can practice meditation there privately.

Thanks again for your interest.

Thank you for the contributions you have made to this forum

Concerning the toxicity of fruit to spiritual advancement, what diet do you find to be conducive to spiritual progress for one residing in the western sphere?

I ask this because as of late I have felt ill after consuming what is for me a normal amount of fruit, my diet being primarily vegetarian. It seems that the more meditative my general mode of thinking and operating in the world has become, the less I desire food. 

I am by no means a qigong master or even a novice, though I have practiced meditation devoutly. That said the information you have shared strikes a chord with me and I'm considering whether I should take up a qigong practice.

While I know that diet is only a small part of the discipline, I would appreciate your insight on the matter 

12 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

Thank you for the contributions you have made to this forum

Concerning the toxicity of fruit to spiritual advancement, what diet do you find to be conducive to spiritual progress for one residing in the western sphere?

I ask this because as of late I have felt ill after consuming what is for me a normal amount of fruit, my diet being primarily vegetarian. It seems that the more meditative my general mode of thinking and operating in the world has become, the less I desire food. 

I am by no means a qigong master or even a novice, though I have practiced meditation devoutly. That said the information you have shared strikes a chord with me and I'm considering whether I should take up a qigong practice.

While I know that diet is only a small part of the discipline, I would appreciate your insight on the matter 

When I first did intensive training - I did organic broccoli - it promotes testosterone - and then tofu (it negates testosterone) and then organic brown rice and then organic corn chips with no salt. I used Bragg's soy sodium as a salt substitute. The thing about fruit is that potassium does increase yin qi since it's a more positive ion that activates the vagus nerve. But Fructose activates the left front vagus nerve as a brain glucose energy (so the yin qi goes UP the front). So you want to store up the qi - and a ketose energy source does this the best.

So for advanced qigong training - what Chunyi did is switch from a few apples a day to then Chinese dates - a few a day - to then ONE chinese date a day. Something like that - then only water. Then you fast a few days. Then the next time you fast 7 days. Then the next time you fast 14 days. And eventually they do the 49 day cave meditation fast as with http://qigongmaster.com

But if you consider the Shaolin diet - if you do "standing active" qigong to fully open the third eye - I think the Shaolin diet is mainly tofu and rice and veggies. And if you just do one meal or two small meals a day before noon - then you clear out the colon pretty soon - before the end of the day. Shaolin actually trains till late at night - and has minimal sleep. So most of that time the colon is gonna be empty. then I think you fast one day a week. That is the "modified bigu" diet. This is also what Wim Hof follows - he says his favorite food is noodles. Noodles are a low glycemic type of wheat - in contrast to bread.

So for me - if I have ANY sugar - including even sugar in green plants - then I get an internal tingling as the yin qi or yuan qi is neutralizing the free radicals in the body (produced by the sugar). This tingling is also called Earthing from the yin qi of walking Barefoot outside. So you get yin qi from the Earth also. So that is a KEY secret of the Shaolin training - Barefeet - Chunyi would bury his feet into the earth while doing standing exercise - to make sure to get a full Yin Qi connection.

So also sun gazing as Shen - as the Bigu energy feast kicks in  - you are getting the "food" from higher frequency "rainbow" energy. So for me if I do sungazing then when I close my eyes I see bright blue in the center with bigger GREEN around the blue and then red-orange-yellow around the green. So it's a rainbow diet quite literally as the Third Eye literally feeds off the photons - converting the photons into electrochemical energy.

So in India a famous tested Breatharian says his sun gazing then produces a sticky fluid that he swallows and that has all the nutrients he needs. I call this "reverse electrolysis" - as what I experienced during my Yuan Qi "immortal breathing" experience. So the top of the skull gets soft and pulsates and the Fontanelle opens up like a baby - hence the term Foetus Breathing. So this literally converts the spacetime quantum (relativistic quantum) energy into matter. This is called the Golden Key in Zhong Gong - the yin matter created is Superluminal - from virtual photon energy from the future. So it has all the nutrients your body needs.

That advanced state is hard to maintain unless you're in a culture that promotes it - which obviously the West is not. Although it might be soon as civilization is collapsing fast due to abrupt global warming.

I should add that in Daoist Neidan (neigong) alchemy - the Black Tiger as the Po soul lung energy metal - Lead - is the deep reverse breathing that then sublimates the Red Dragon into the Green Dragon (when the red dragon is lowered as internal yang energy via meditation). So that is the secret of the Spring Forest Qigong "logo" - and so the Green is the Yuan Qi energy of the Universe as the Wisdom female energy that is the Female Dragon (that is in the yang part of the body turned internally).

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, voidisyinyang said:

When I first did intensive training - I did organic broccoli - it promotes testosterone - and then tofu (it negates testosterone) and then organic brown rice and then organic corn chips with no salt. I used Bragg's soy sodium as a salt substitute. The thing about fruit is that potassium does increase yin qi since it's a more positive ion that activates the vagus nerve. But Fructose activates the left front vagus nerve as a brain glucose energy (so the yin qi goes UP the front). So you want to store up the qi - and a ketose energy source does this the best.

So for advanced qigong training - what Chunyi did is switch from a few apples a day to then Chinese dates - a few a day - to then ONE chinese date a day. Something like that - then only water. Then you fast a few days. Then the next time you fast 7 days. Then the next time you fast 14 days. And eventually they do the 49 day cave meditation fast as with http://qigongmaster.com

But if you consider the Shaolin diet - if you do "standing active" qigong to fully open the third eye - I think the Shaolin diet is mainly tofu and rice and veggies. And if you just do one meal or two small meals a day before noon - then you clear out the colon pretty soon - before the end of the day. Shaolin actually trains till late at night - and has minimal sleep. So most of that time the colon is gonna be empty. then I think you fast one day a week. That is the "modified bigu" diet. This is also what Wim Hof follows - he says his favorite food is noodles. Noodles are a low glycemic type of wheat - in contrast to bread.

So for me - if I have ANY sugar - including even sugar in green plants - then I get an internal tingling as the yin qi or yuan qi is neutralizing the free radicals in the body (produced by the sugar). This tingling is also called Earthing from the yin qi of walking Barefoot outside. So you get yin qi from the Earth also. So that is a KEY secret of the Shaolin training - Barefeet - Chunyi would bury his feet into the earth while doing standing exercise - to make sure to get a full Yin Qi connection.

So also sun gazing as Shen - as the Bigu energy feast kicks in  - you are getting the "food" from higher frequency "rainbow" energy. So for me if I do sungazing then when I close my eyes I see bright blue in the center with bigger GREEN around the blue and then red-orange-yellow around the green. So it's a rainbow diet quite literally as the Third Eye literally feeds off the photons - converting the photons into electrochemical energy.

So in India a famous tested Breatharian says his sun gazing then produces a sticky fluid that he swallows and that has all the nutrients he needs. I call this "reverse electrolysis" - as what I experienced during my Yuan Qi "immortal breathing" experience. So the top of the skull gets soft and pulsates and the Fontanelle opens up like a baby - hence the term Foetus Breathing. So this literally converts the spacetime quantum (relativistic quantum) energy into matter. This is called the Golden Key in Zhong Gong - the yin matter created is Superluminal - from virtual photon energy from the future. So it has all the nutrients your body needs.

That advanced state is hard to maintain unless you're in a culture that promotes it - which obviously the West is not. Although it might be soon as civilization is collapsing fast due to abrupt global warming.

I should add that in Daoist Neidan (neigong) alchemy - the Black Tiger as the Po soul lung energy metal - Lead - is the deep reverse breathing that then sublimates the Red Dragon into the Green Dragon (when the red dragon is lowered as internal yang energy via meditation). So that is the secret of the Spring Forest Qigong "logo" - and so the Green is the Yuan Qi energy of the Universe as the Wisdom female energy that is the Female Dragon (that is in the yang part of the body turned internally).

I practiced spring forest for a few months and it yielded what I expected, though I wonder if there is a more compressed concise version? I know the breathing of the universe and the one where you visual a white orb and circulate it through the upper body using both hands at a fixed length , felt particularly powerful and I read a comment stating that the latter could be utilized as a standalone exercise. Also, I remember there being an internal or mental form of qigong which I ultimately became more curious of because I began to find the various poses excessive much the way I did with a lineage of yoga I had entertained.

My main takeaway is to focus on a more plant based diet, trying to abstain from legumes for reasons unknown to me though recommended by authorities on brahmacharya. While I'm a bit anxious about malnutrition with such sparse physical intake, I've found that the discipline of brahmacharya(strict celibacy) imbues me with a huge of vitality that makes me think its meeting nutritional needs I'm unaware of.

I will look into the shaolin diet.

Are there any breathing meditations that you would reccomend? I've read some of your posts over the years and know about the toaist alchemy tome though I never pursued it because of the "incompleteness" perceived by the layman(me). 

Again thank you for your contributions to this forum, of note I found your post about the mental/quantum connotations of images insightful and relatable, as well as the one where you went into depth about a certain breathing practice that yielded good results which I hope you can reiterate here as I don't remember much about the post, though there was something about doing it while sitting on a bed or something I think

I remember the one adherent of spring forest becoming a qigong master over a relatively short period, which I know I can't replicate because I'm not able to sit in lotus position. Do you find yourself on a similar path? I'm pretty sure he cultivated and still resides stateside 

23 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

I practiced spring forest for a few months and it yielded what I expected, though I wonder if there is a more compressed concise version? I know the breathing of the universe and the one where you visual a white orb and circulate it through the upper body using both hands at a fixed length , felt particularly powerful and I read a comment stating that the latter could be utilized as a standalone exercise. Also, I remember there being an internal or mental form of qigong which I ultimately became more curious of because I began to find the various poses excessive much the way I did with a lineage of yoga I had entertained.

My main takeaway is to focus on a more plant based diet, trying to abstain from legumes for reasons unknown to me though recommended by authorities on brahmacharya. While I'm a bit anxious about malnutrition with such sparse physical intake, I've found that the discipline of brahmacharya(strict celibacy) imbues me with a huge of vitality that makes me think its meeting nutritional needs I'm unaware of.

I will look into the shaolin diet.

Are there any breathing meditations that you would reccomend? I've read some of your posts over the years and know about the toaist alchemy tome though I never pursued it because of the "incompleteness" perceived by the layman(me). 

Again thank you for your contributions to this forum, of note I found your post about the mental/quantum connotations of images insightful and relatable, as well as the one where you went into depth about a certain breathing practice that yielded good results which I hope you can reiterate here as I don't remember much about the post, though there was something about doing it while sitting on a bed or something I think

I remember the one adherent of spring forest becoming a qigong master over a relatively short period, which I know I can't replicate because I'm not able to sit in lotus position. Do you find yourself on a similar path? I'm pretty sure he cultivated and still resides stateside 

yes Chunyi did 49 days of full lotus meditation - no sleep - at same place as http://qigongmaster.com

So he says the simplest is the most powerful and that the "small universe" meditation can take you to the highest levels.

Kriya Yoga also uses the same as the small universe meditation - I document this in my links in my profile.

So you are probably referring to Jim Nance of http://guidingqi.com - he also did direct teaching for me - over a couple years. So I had some great experiences of healing from Jim and he "befriended" me as well.

Yes - the Emptiness is considered the most powerful - so the more you go into the Emptiness then the more power manifests. If the spiritual ego is used then that limits the energy and it goes back down to the psychic level as "siddhis" - versus Shakti (to put it in Indian yoga terms).

A qigong person with the third eye permanently open - this is a totally different relation to food as the vagus nerve has direct and constant sublimation to the pineal gland. So the blood-brain-barrier gets bypassed via the pineal gland.

So Chunyi said that for a "qigong person" if they eat too much then "the food goes to the head." This shocked me when I heard it since that has been the struggle I constantly go through in relation to food. So a qigong person is forced into an acetic diet due to the new hard-wiring of the psychophysiology from the third eye energy.

Personally I am currently on the "feast or famine" diet. I don't recommend this but I also do healing of others - so I am not storing up energy for bigu. So my eyeballs pulsate as the qi energy goes out of my eyes via my pineal gland. That's how I currently do free healing - it's just yin qi energy but it originates from the yuan qi.

These are ancient "sciences" - so there's  alot of detail - if you study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" - that takes you to the highest level of practice via the small universe meditation, just as Chunyi says is possible. Levitation is real also.

So in terms of Western science - yes only the "noncommutative phase" logic explains Daoist neidan or nonwestern alchemy. I first realized this on my own after I took up studying western science to explain my nonwestern meditation experiences. So I figured SOMEONE else must have figured this out also - as I am largely self-taught in science (despite having a master's degree). So then I discovered Eddie Oshins at SLAC had made the same discovery - that noncommutative phase as relativistic quantum physics is the secret of Daoist Neidan.

thanks for your interest. Yes celibacy brings great bliss but "controlling" the qi relies on also controlling our subconscious and so requires constant purification and harmonization. So the standing active exercises are actually the key to do this - as I learned the hard way. I had been thinking that full lotus was the best. But actually the trance dancing or standing active exercises is the quickest to convert the jing to qi. This is also not mentioned in the Taoist Yoga book although it states that deep reverse breathing is the key to the small universe meditation being effective.

So as for breathing exercises - yes I go into that in the training pdf I have linked in my profile.  Wim Hof teaches effective breathing exercises.

Eventually when the qi builds up then physical breathing and sleep lessen - along with eating. Or conversely - fasting can be an acceleration to build up the qi.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this