rideforever

Human Magic : Degenerating Every Tradition

I am loosely connected to quite a few traditions, and over the years I have discovered -not easily- the wilful degeneration of them which seems to be epidemic on this planet.   Humans degenerate absolutely everything, and normally before it's even come out of the oven.

I had mentioned the degeneration of "A Course in Miracles", the book that is well known was in fact re-written by a fanatic who erased from the text several important ideas and re-wrote every single line.   And nobody knew for 25 years, until the original version came out.   Think of how many millions of people were reading that book thinking these words were channelled from Jesus, and in fact behind the scenes some stupid people had worked their magic.

It's like an itch ... the need to "make some improvements" adding a bit of your own cr** into the books and practices.

I just found out that the same thing is happening in ISKCON, and that Prabhupadas books are starting to be degenerated ( or expanded as the disciple-twits think ).

Some examples are covered here.

https://bookchanges.com/108-iskcon-bhagavad-gita-changes/

Well ... it is everywhere this sh**.

It is not that real teachers and messengers don't come to Earth ... they sure do and they teach beautifully.

But before the words arrive at the door they will already by "improved" and "expanded" and "modernised" and all the rest.

There are some that withstand this assault, but not many.

It's the same everywhere.

Get as far upstream as possible, and then go further in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are right. Can you imagine all the degeneration, or at least all the rewriting, that has happenned throughout history? No matter if we talk about religious texts, old philosophical books, etc. I strongly believe that the texts we know today about these ancient writings is quite far away from the original. Interpretations always provokes this changes. And interpretation change in each generation, as each generation has its system of beliefs. Also, when translating texts this happens heavily. So if you think you can read an ancient greek philosopher, or an ancient christian text, you better think twice! All you will read is probably an interpretation of an interpretation... that's the way it works

• Like 1

Yes, and like I said it often happens before it leaves the oven.

There are many important implications.

One is that very very few people are conscious, or reach high levels, many teachers die saying nobody understood.

It is the quest of one particular person to find the Truth, there occurs in some rare jewels the quest, but not in many.

In others they gather around the teacher and try to imbibe at least something, often they express themselves through the degeneration.

The teacher prepares a meal and the students eat it, and after every bite there is less and less, until nothing is left.

Such is the plight of the blind, they eat the hand that feeds them.

And unconsciousness means that insincerity, greed, vanity, fear, and infighting is rife leading to degenerative currents.

A real seeker who seeks because to seek is to exist in a world of zombies ... who must seek because he must breathe .... such a person can both find his way to the source of any teaching, and even reconstruct the original teaching from a decaying 5th hand source.  He makes everything good with the sweat of his brow and the force in his heart.  He must.

In the above cases one can return to the original books which are from the 70s, not too long ago. 

But in another 20 years nobody will remember and only the modern version may be left.

And in a hundred years only sand will be left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In my experience: it is a language problem that degenerates everything that is expressed by the mages/sages, who attempt to write words taken from the language of becoming. This language of becoming in order to present intelligible meanings is forced to focus down word 'through the meanings/symbols of the available words, and is produced for physical viewing through the language of doing, which was created for the servants of doing. :)

Edited by mrpasserby
clarify meanings
  • Like 1

Just let it go, if it doesn't work, stop trying so hard to make it happen. 

You cannot stop the Source of Existance from flowing forth evermore being/becoming. 

So simply stop trying. Because otherwise you try to attempt the impossible. 

And there's no need for that, because you didn't come here in order to fix this world, as if there is a problem here. You cannot even stop the well being of that which is life, why even try to take it upon yourself to become the Source of Well Being for the entire universe. When you were never even designed to carry that load. You sort of block your own well being, thinking it is for the benefit of others. But it is neither of benefit to you nor them. So just forgive and let go. 

Be more for GIVING. And less for taking. So forgive yourself. Because you have always been well meaning.

When time comes, you will look back and understand it for what it truely always has been. 

But then understand, you have your own Source, and spirit and Soul and heart and emotional guidance system. Your own purpose and joy in this life. And you can request the help of your own soul in miriad of ways. Such as meditating to allow that connection with the whole of you to flow again. Conscious prayer and recitation of the greatest Source of All Creation. And then you'll find more solutions in your life. 

No one has ever intended to stand in between you and your own connection to your own Source. That was never the plan. You knew it was screwy from the start and it will never work. Its flawed and just none sensical. 

Just don't wallow in the problem your entire life! Whats the point in doing that? How are you gonna allow the solution to be received by you, in your life, if you're too stuck and hung up on the problems of this world. When if you let go, the solutions will take you evermore in the direction of all the answers you seek evermore. 

So let go, and let God. 

There is a reason why memory works in the way it does. Had you not known that the Source of All Creation knows Everything? 

So what is the use of your memory?! 

If only you allow yourself to trust more.

Then you will be one of those who forgets everything and thereby receives the true knowledge of infinite intelligence. 

You have to be a clear receiver. Focusing on that which you want to receive. And surely you do want to receive that which is of benefit to you evermore. And not allow petty little things to stand in between you and your Source of Being ever again. You just gotta give that up. And who is a better and more clear and lightweight high precision high frquency tuned signal receiver and translator and sender of consciousness and thought, than he who has forgotten everything! And thus receives everything, evermore. Ever expandingly. Ever MORE. 

DON'T WALLOW IN THE QUESTION. ALLOW THE ANSWER. You never did it on purpose, it's just a habbit, that's all! So stop making such a big deal out of tiny little insignificant things. You knew it had never mattered and will never matter. But you just make one tiny little mistake, and it leads to another, and it stacks, and so the flaws expands and makes you tired, causing further flaws. 

So you're always gonna benefit from clearing your own personal and individual connection with your very own Source of All Creation. No person or condition can ever replace that for you and neither does it ever have to. Because you will never be satisfied with that. So you always want more and better. And clearer signal and better receiver and better flow and transmitter. Etc.

So allow, so that you can allow more. And don't make a big deal if you're not there 24/7. You are allowed to be not so perfect from time to time, just don't stay there all of your life. That's all. 

I've said this here before  -  I used to have a book stall at the local markets ; mystical esoteric etc

I had a lot of originals and some copies ; eg  A collection of Rumi ,   Rajneesh commentaries on Rumi .   Someone would pick up the second, show interest and then I would say ' I actually have the  original works BY Rumi himself here ' ... but no, they would nearly all want the 'copy' .

Why ?

Probably didnt even know who Rumi was anyway !      ... But Bhagwan is cool .

Fu*7x%  #w*x9!!!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

But Bhagwan is cool .

Hey interestingly I just pulled out an old copy of the Path of Love, which is fantastic.   It's one of the old ones that is full of photos, some stuck by hand into the book.   This one is  on the Songs of Kabir.   Hard not to love Osho.

11 hours ago, rideforever said:

Hard not to love Osho.

Some books, practices, yes; left handed maverick genius there. 

The man.. no.  Later in his life, he was a mess and destroyed people. 

So.. take the good, realize the traps he fell into, and avoid them.

interesting article on the good, bad & very ugly of his later years- https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/apr/07/cult-oregon-1980s-terror-netflix-documentary-wild-country

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Hard not to 'love Osho'  ????   is it ? 

I must be a 'non love Master' !  

I have seen him deliberately  control and mock his monkey followers in front of the media and not only that, he pre announced it ; " Watch them do this " as a public demonstration of how stupid they where . And  then he said he was going to do do that, in front of them, they all laughed. Then he said they  didnt even know why they where laughing - they laugh when he is serious and become  serious when they should be laughing  ... then they laughed again and 'Osho' goes  'See ! "   and then they laughed again  and then , "Now watch."

And he got them to behave as stupid convulsive idiots, at the wave of his hand ... then with another wave , stopped them dead ... then waved again - convulsions ... waved again .. stopped them dead .  And then called them mindless followers  .... and then they all laughed again .

And I , being amazed as i watched, looked around at the 'sanyassins' (orange people) watching , and they too where in delight !

I seemed to be the only one ( aside from Bhagwan and the media person interviewing him, to which he was demonstrating his followers mindlessness) that realised what the F was going on !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Hard not to 'love Osho'  ????   is it ? 

I must be a 'non love Master' !  

I have seen him deliberately  control and mock his monkey followers in front of the media and not only that, he pre announced it ; " Watch them do this " as a public demonstration of how stupid they where . And  then he said he was going to do do that, in front of them, they all laughed. Then he said they  didnt even know why they where laughing - they laugh when he is serious and become  serious when they should be laughing  ... then they laughed again and 'Osho' goes  'See ! "   and then they laughed again  and then , "Now watch."

And he got them to behave as stupid convulsive idiots, at the wave of his hand ... then with another wave , stopped them dead ... then waved again - convulsions ... waved again .. stopped them dead .  And then called them mindless followers  .... and then they all laughed again .

And I , being amazed as i watched, looked around at the 'sanyassins' (orange people) watching , and they too where in delight !

I seemed to be the only one ( aside from Bhagwan and the media person interviewing him, to which he was demonstrating his followers mindlessness) that realised what the F was going on !

Were you there with them, Nun?

That whole scene was very interesting from the footage I’ve seen. Lots of elements at play and strange motives afoot. 

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

Was that on TV somewhere, do you have link or something ... or where you there in person?

Well don't know what to say about that, but fact is mankind is completely delusional and unconscious, I am sure most master feel the same, you can be compassionate but after about 10 years how can you not be completely frustrated.   How can people be so unconscious.  Most of them think they are enlightened.

People are totally frightening too, first they all think they understand, then they think they are enlightened.   And then if an actual enlightened person turns up they murder him on a cross.   Then once he's gone, they turn the whole thing into self-mortification, or gratuitious sex.   What a place.

Anyway, he talks beautifully about spirituality and his followers at least go to have lots of sex and dance around - there are worse things.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:34 AM, Nungali said:

I've said this here before  -  I used to have a book stall at the local markets ; mystical esoteric etc

I had a lot of originals and some copies ; eg  A collection of Rumi ,   Rajneesh commentaries on Rumi .   Someone would pick up the second, show interest and then I would say ' I actually have the  original works BY Rumi himself here ' ... but no, they would nearly all want the 'copy' .

Why ?

Fu*7x%  #w*x9!!!

Q: How spacious is your guru?

A: Mine's very Rumi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 02/06/2019 at 8:43 AM, Fa Xin said:

Were you there with them, Nun?

What ?

A member ?  Did I have Osho as my guru ? 

:blink:

Ummmmm  .... no .

Some of my friends got sucked in . I watched the degeneration . I had a couple of GFs that where into it . They prided themselves on being enlightened and liberal, especially about sexuality ... but they where full of hangups and jealousies  ; with one, that was okay, as she admitted it ... none of us are perfect , but the other one didnt seem aware that all her practices and meditations ( which she did a LOT of )  where not ehlping her to get over anything !

I went with them to watch the video I described above . It was Bhagwan's first talk when he broke his  vow of silence . They where delighted and excited to know he was going to speak to them again . They held a big meeting, at orange HQ  in Sydney to watch the film rushed from the USA  they asked me to come along  so I went with them to the event to watch .

It was sad to see, those who had become good friends act like mindless idiots at the bequest of the guru in order to demonstrate how stupid they where .

He said himself he acted like that, and did other actions, to show them that a guru was worthless and they had to navigate through life themselves, learning from other masters . he said it vary clearly, but the followers scoffed and laughed at it .

Fortunately I had come to that conclusions years before , so I had no need of 'the lesson '

On 02/06/2019 at 8:43 AM, Fa Xin said:

That whole scene was very interesting from the footage I’ve seen. Lots of elements at play and strange motives afoot. 

Well, then there where  some in the cult that where not THAT stupid, and some of them rose through the ranks . When it got to this stage , after the above declarations and insults, they probably realised  things had changed radically and the previous focus was out the window ... but by then the organisation had amassed an incredible fortune   ( and I watched my friends give up what they had and work hard for next to nothing to contribute to that ) and it was 'up for grabs' . then the  REALLY weird shit started happening . One friend, in particular got  tied up in all that , as he went to live at the big commune in USA with them . he was there through the poisoning scare and the  poisoning of the neighbour's farms , and other weird shit that happened . B ut he still retained his membership and beliefs .

:wacko:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Apech said:

Q: How spacious is your guru?

A: Mine's very Rumi.

I am sure he is ;

4L4lteV.jpg

I dont have a guru .

In the above interview, where Bhagwan broke his silence, the interviewer  said " You claim there are only 2 people enlightened in the world today; you and Khrisnamurti , why Krishnamurti  ?"

"Because he got up on stage as the worlds new guru and then admitted he wasnt, he said 'there is no guru' you have to be your own guru. I try to say the same thing, but no one listens, so I became their guru ... to teach them a lesson . "

Edited by Nungali

13 hours ago, rideforever said:

Was that on TV somewhere, do you have link or something ... or where you there in person?

See above  ^

I just scanned again, cant find it.   It is probably 'kept' by 'them' .  When I saw it, it was at a  private showing  at 'orange HQ '

Well don't know what to say about that, but fact is mankind is completely delusional and unconscious, I am sure most master feel the same, you can be compassionate but after about 10 years how can you not be completely frustrated.   How can people be so unconscious.  Most of them think they are enlightened.

People are totally frightening too, first they all think they understand, then they think they are enlightened.   And then if an actual enlightened person turns up they murder him on a cross.   Then once he's gone, they turn the whole thing into self-mortification, or gratuitious sex.   What a place.

Anyway, he talks beautifully about spirituality and his followers at least go to have lots of sex and dance around - there are worse things.

been done before anyways ;

Besides ;  I got plenty of dancing and sex  without that . And from what I said above and what I experienced personally they where not that sexually liberated ... full of hang ups IMO .

I found much more sexual liberation, balance, enjoyment and simple expression without hangups in the pagan movement .

I remember two incidents ;

one good orange  friend that went to sexual liberation workshop with her orange bf. They where encouraged to swap partners and all do it in front of each other. She was : 'Oh Gawd !  Not THIS  m, yet again ' . Went to the toilet, climbed out the window and ran away .

:D 

Another ; an orange  gf of mine that had had a long term BF who was a cult member as well .  They seemed to be having a break and we got together for a while. Then they got back together and they both freaked out .  One time I was down the river and I saw them skinny dipping and smooching in the water  and I "Oh , they back together ." so I politely said hello and went to another swimming hole to give them privacy . Later she told me they both freaked out becasue they saw me , couldnt handle it and left the river ... even though I had already gone .    And these where a couple who had been in it for years and  put on , held an focused 'Osho meditations' .

Later, she was still on about how great it all was. I asked her what good it was if she has done all that stuff for years and she has not changed  - still full of hangups !   She was incredulous and acting like she didnt know what I meant . So I listed a series of events and reactions she had had . It was like she was not aware she had done all that , it seemed a shock to her to realise she still had the same hangups as when she started .

But she still continued     .

Then there is the issue of where it all went - the people, the money, the practices  ... now THAT is an interesting story  - but a different one .

On 5/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, rideforever said:

Get as far upstream as possible, and then go further in.

This!

_/\_

While I concede the truth of degeneration and dilution of wisdom traditions, my experience is this is only half the picture. There are accessible, highly realized, and deeply innovative masters out there. Traditions must be alive and able to adapt, otherwise they cannot speak to those of us living in profoundly different times, cultures, and circumstances. Books alone can’t accomplish this. A living master who has understanding and realization is necessary to communicate in response to our needs, which are highly variable. This is the nature of the importance of “transmission.” The meaning is transmitted, not just the words.

It’s not all doom and gloom. That’s just the activity of the identity whose expectations are not yet met. We can let go of that one and connect to a credible, living tradition. There is then the possibility of enormous gratitude and limitless potential in this very moment.

• Like 4

Oh goody goody goody, I love this topic.   Now for some more spiritual bullshit magic:

Buddhist Lineages

Buddha reached 8 Jhanas then sat under a tree.   Anybody actually teaching this ?
WTF have mahayana or Tibetan got anything to do with him at all ?
In fact if you read many texts of later Buddhist masters ... are they even in the same ballpark ?

But they all want to be Buddhistic because them they have a market ready for them.

Destroy Your Own Knowledge

Moooji, funny thing about him is that from time to time when pressured by a student he will reveal that he experiences consciousness "behind" at the back of the head.  

But that's a sin !   Because consciousness is everywhere, up there, in the toilet, bullshit is everywhere as well.

Ooops Mooji better not say that because for thousands of years the Advaita donkeys have been saying it's everywhere like the pixies.

Decade after decade teachers destroy their own knowledge to fit it.

And this is one main reason people still talk about 2000 year old stuff, because they are terrified of learning something new or they will not longer be able to be Buddhism or Advaita and the crowds will abandon them.

Political Disciples

Most originators seem to be quite sound, but once they die it is the political greasy class that takes over.   Those disciples who sit in the throne have that particular political energy, a sort of psychological greed and look in their eyes.

Fake-Priest Outreach

The fake-priests are now invading most traditions, and they bring their orchestra of violins with them as victimhood brings so many new students.

White Knight Disciples

Then there is the white knight cavalry who dance around every buffoon declaring that this is the honest to goodness 2nd coming true lineage black purple and golden dragon himself. 

( and it better be because otherwise I just wasted 20 years of my life )

Don't Ask Me My History

Some teachers do not advertise what they actually did, and teach something different.  WTF ?
Like Eckhart Tolle who studied many teachers like Barry Long, and came up with "be now".   Okay, but if you studied all those other teachers to get to where you are .... don't we have to do the same ?
Likewise J Krishnamurti, had intense training, but then he taught ... "he guys don't think anymore".   Later after 40 years teaching he said that nobody understood him.   Really ?  No shi**.   They hadn't had the training you had.

Same with Osho, although he did actually put together many "meditations" that I'm sure had some effect on people, in amongst the LSD and submachine guns.

You Are Not Ready, Don't Ask Question

If the question is too difficult, you are not ready, be silent like all the top disciples who sit quietly and look confident ... knowing that one day they too will get the throne.

And anyway, isn't the guru a superman ... who knows everything.   Ask anything he knows everything, right ?

Or is a "enlightened" being, just a sane(ish) monkey man, who might not have the slightest clue how he got realised nor how to teach.

Quick let's get the Upanishads out then I'll know what to say at Satsang !!!

Blimey.

Only problem is, that somewhere buried is an actual truth, so digging through this cr** is actually required.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

but they where full of hangups and jealousies 

Yeah, I'm sure it was like that.
But perhaps Osho is reaching a mid-tier of humanity, people who have little spiritual hope but give them a lot of license and they might actually get somewhere and receive some development.   Either that or the whole lot would be working at Starbucks.

Of course they will bury you and dance on your grave after, but .... a certain "difficult job" might have been accomplished.

Who else can teach nutballs but the Nutball King !!!

Call it compassion.

Anyway, when Chandra Mohan Jain (Rajneesh) talks on Kabir on Nietzsche or ... , he does talk with magic, he does know his stuff, and communicates something deep better than anyone, and a great love of the light.
I have stayed at 3 Osho centres, and I always loved his teaching because I actually listened to his teaching.   

Other people there thought I was too serious.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 8:34 PM, Nungali said:

Why ?

Fu*7x%  #w*x9!!!

Rumi!  Time to revisit.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:36 PM, thelerner said:

Some books, practices, yes; left handed maverick genius there. 

The man.. no.  Later in his life, he was a mess and destroyed people. 

So.. take the good, realize the traps he fell into, and avoid them.

interesting article on the good, bad & very ugly of his later years- https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/apr/07/cult-oregon-1980s-terror-netflix-documentary-wild-country

Netflix did a documentary on the compound in Oregon called Wild Country. It was well done and compelling. His book, When the Shoe Fits, really spoke to me.

That video lifeforce the music has been changed of course ... and that channel on youtube, the name of it is is "HATE".

Society has degenerated quite a lot of late, I wonder if it is terminal.

Anyway back in the day, before Osho left for Oregon he was still quite Indian in his outlook and rode a wave of something more genuine coming from the West, a certain moment of openness that bloomed three decades after the clearing away of the second world war.  A few flowers opened, a few minds opened, for a time.

Mankind would be quite beautiful if he wasn't so f=====ed up.

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm sure it was like that.
But perhaps Osho is reaching a mid-tier of humanity, people who have little spiritual hope but give them a lot of license and they might actually get somewhere and receive some development.   Either that or the whole lot would be working at Starbucks.

Of course they will bury you and dance on your grave after, but .... a certain "difficult job" might have been accomplished.

Who else can teach nutballs but the Nutball King !!!

Call it compassion.

Anyway, when Chandra Mohan Jain (Rajneesh) talks on Kabir on Nietzsche or ... , he does talk with magic, he does know his stuff, and communicates something deep better than anyone, and a great love of the light.
I have stayed at 3 Osho centres, and I always loved his teaching because I actually listened to his teaching.   

Other people there thought I was too serious.

Are you now saying you think he didnt degenerate teachings  - that in this case ,  it is an exception to " 'the degeneration of every tradition " ?

:huh:

- I thought 'Osho' would have been a prime candidate for this  spiritual bitchin' session ?

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

That video lifeforce the music has been changed of course ... and that channel on youtube, the name of it is is "HATE".

Society has degenerated quite a lot of late, I wonder if it is terminal.

Anyway back in the day, before Osho left for Oregon he was still quite Indian in his outlook

Indeed !  Here is an insight into that outlook that started to become established with many Indian 'gurus' at that time ;

9781409042631.jpg

The story begins in the late '60s, when hundreds of thousands of Westerners descended upon India, disciples of a cultural revolution that proclaimed that the magic and mystery missing from their lives was to be found in the East. An Indian writer who has also lived in England and the United States, Gita Mehta was ideally placed to observe the spectacle of European and American "pilgrims" interacting with their hosts. When she finally recorded her razor sharp observations in Karma Cola, the book became an instant classic for describing, in merciless detail, what happens when the traditions of an ancient and long-lived society are turned into commodities and sold to those who don't understand them

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

and rode a wave of something more genuine coming from the West, a certain moment of openness that bloomed three decades after the clearing away of the second world war.  A few flowers opened, a few minds opened, for a time.

I dont see it like that at all .  The psychological mind set of those involved where mostly 'baby boomers' and not actually psychologically influenced  directly by  WW2 - it was mostly a three fold influence of 1). Imminent potential world wide nuclear war and planetary destruction (" several times over" ), 2). concern about failing ecosystems,  natural planetary support networks (water and food resources ) and pollution and 3). crisis in expanding world populations .

And this came about due to a desire to get away from the crazy shit that caused the insanities that occurred during WW2s - we needed to get back to 'common sense and science'   ... oh dear !

So when those 3 influences kicked in , people sought other things, hence a revival in the occult, mystical,  foreign fantastical and all things funked out and groovy .... love man .

THEN people started flocking to India  Indian gurus.  They became  groovy and funky and then westerners wanted some of it, but via the usual quick shallow western way .... and the Indian enlightenment merchants where there to offer a speedy way to the dudes with money. - ie. they prostituted their traditions and spirituality.

I have a mate - he is hopeless. he has a picture of a Sadhu; dreads, ash, face paint, smoking a chillum sitting on the street in India- on his wall. he tells me that is all he ever wanted to become.  On further questioning he admits he likes the idea of non responsability, not paying rent , not having to look after his appearance, smoking hash all day and doing nothing and people handing him out food. The spiritual component of his fantasy is very vague and uncomplexed .   :)

I actually think he s old school and still 'suffering' from his constant trips to India, as a youth.

I think there might be more people nowadays that follow  some traditions more seriously than there where back then .