burtflo

Ba Gua Trigram Sequence

Hello, I'd like to ask about the Ba Gua mirrors and the trigram sequencing. 

I have found 1 ba gua mirror type that has inverted trigrams at the NE, NW, SE and SW sectors.

See pictures

What I mean is the upper 2 , either side of the top trigram (3 solid lines)  are switched round. Just as the lower 2 , either side of the lower trigram (3 broken lines) are as switched as well.

They are all the 'early heaven' type ba gua mirrors. Not the 'later heaven' type.

Can anyone with proper knowledge explain why ?

Reason I ask is. If i buy one to put over my front door. It has to be the right one.

Thanks

Ba-gua-Mirror.jpg

red_gold_bagua_miror2.jpg

• Like 1

The top one is looked from the outside. The bottom one is looked from the inside(center). The bottom one is the most commonly used.

I had seen the top one in a Taoist temple, once, in China last year.

There are plenty ways of decoding Ba Gua. In the end it is all someone's interpretation... 

To discover the "True" meaning of symbol through direct knowledge, gain by meditation - that"s another possibility to understand which one is good for u personally...Actually, I also would like to know more about Ba Gua and YinYang in different position decoding, that can help to recognize patterns and directions of energy movements.