Who else is just tired of the nonsense of the world?  By non-sense, I mean the non sensical system that we are slaves to that feeds off of us... the entire global financial system.  I'd like to find a way to live outside of it, maybe plant a seed to change it someday.  Could it be possible if some of us started to exclusively live off the land?

" When the tao is lost, there is goodness.  When goodness is lost, there is morality.  When morality is lost, there is ritual.  Ritual is the husk of true faith, the beginning of chaos."  

• Like 4

There are things I wouldn't mind changing, but I've read enough history to know, that right now things aren't so bad.  I don't think working for a living means you're a slave.  I think there's a interesting combination of decadence and paranoia that leads people to think the grass is greener on the other side.  Living in a commune or off the land is possible, but like farming its a whole lotta work.  Way more then what most people are willing to do. 

Are the people around you, your friends, family neighbors, really so immoral?  Or you mean the extremes shown on TV, or who get there names in the paper.   Those are far from the majority, but if one lives in an echo chamber its easy to believe they are. 

my 2 cents.

• Like 5

What’s cool about this period in time is you can choose to do almost anything with your life. 

I could go to the airport, buy a plane ticket for China tonight, land and seek out some monastery. Well I may need a passport and a little cash, maybe a good electronic translator. But it’s within the realm of possibility. The only thing stopping me would be my own fears and desires.

I have friends who live in an ashram close by. They are an older couple, they don’t have phones, computers or even a car. They take a cab once every few months to the local market and pay cash for the essentials they can’t grow.  Most of the time is spent working at their center, and doing some sort of meditation practices. So it can be done, if you desire that. 

We have to remember, though ... even if we manage to live a life free from society, it doesn’t mean our minds will be free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jadespear said:

Who else is just tired of the nonsense of the world?  By non-sense, I mean the non sensical system that we are slaves to that feeds off of us... the entire global financial system.  I'd like to find a way to live outside of it, maybe plant a seed to change it someday.  Could it be possible if some of us started to exclusively live off the land?

There are many thousands, probably millions, of people who are doing just what you are looking in to.  Growing all your own food is incredibly difficult but it is a more rewarding lifestyle than whatever is in second place, and the local field workers around here have muscles all over the place.  The good news is that you don't have to go it alone to learn.  There are what are called intentional sustainable communities all over the world that you may be able to join, and there are also millions of people who travel around the world, nearly for free, by volunteering on different organic farms and permaculture food forests locations all over the world.  Costa Rica is a hotbed of those kinds of things.

• Like 3

Please whatever you do, don't save the world.

For godsake can at least one person on this planet just live without saving the planet.

Can at least one person go running without running for .... something.

Enough with the bullshit.

The problem is that everybody wants to leave.

Freedom is not actually disconnecting yourself from what is false.

Freedom is connecting yourself to what is true.

Anyway mankind is not very bright and quite corrupt and silly.

So ?

And demoralised.

Forgive them ... for they are silly monkeys, and yourself.   

> that is a workable instruction to live by, that is useful.

Get your shxt together.

> another workable instruction

Meditate like a m f

Live lightly

Investigate options on a community of which there are hellofa lot in the US/CA

Platform sutra > from this platform move to a higher platform > and from that one to a as yet higher one.

Rinse repeat.

• Like 3

It has been said that the only way to heal the planet is if most people have an attitude like Jadespear.  First heal yourself by healing your land, then heal your family, then ...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

intentional sustainable communities

Here is one near me, organized by a buddy of mine:

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

by volunteering on different organic farms and permaculture food forests locations

This is a farm with volunteer opportunity in this area that is in a nice riverside setting:

Biodynamic farm in Southern Ecuador

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 5:31 PM, Jadespear said:

" When the tao is lost, there is goodness.  When goodness is lost, there is morality.  When morality is lost, there is ritual.  Ritual is the husk of true faith, the beginning of chaos."  

Awareness of one's removal of consent to fraud in all its guises, reveals the seed for change has long been planted. Allow it to take root in your heart, nurture it to maturity, and witness the change you long for take on a life of its own.

To your astonishment, it will branch out in directions unexpected providing fruits for all in due season, such that those clinging to illusion may draw nearer to truth even through their scoffing from afar.

Appreciate that apart from apparent chaos, restoration of natural order can never be known.

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

I dig it.  Kudos to the brave souls who venture out looking for a simpler sustainable life.  Even more applause for those who actually succeed at it.  I just have more sympathy for the 'system', ie governing is hard, requiring compromises that make no one happy. 

Do what you can, where you are.  Got a lawn start a garden.  Have a patio, grow a container garden.  Take walks in nature, advocate for open spaces and controlled and limited growth.  

We individuals won't save the world, but we can save our selves.. maybe.. or at least aim at the goal of doing better.  And truly better is a happier more connected, sustainable life. 

• Like 4

...just want to clarify.  Im not looking to save the world by any means... just to live in it differently free of the ills of civilization. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

...just want to clarify.  Im not looking to save the world by any means... just to live in it differently free of the ills of civilization. 

You are already free.  A lotus blooms from a muddy pool live in the mud and be a beautiful flower. The steam of the lotus is empty the mud of this world does not stick to it. We can live a higher life and have higher standards than the man made world. If we do not have higher standards we can not attract a better life for ourselves.

Material and spiritual life must be in balance first master the physical realm, work hard and get dirty just do not let the dirt stick to you, wash it off, return it to the earth.

• Like 3

I am no longer possessed of any notion of what could change the world more effectively than healing my own small awareness.

Any presumptions that I can know what is best, or know what others should do, or should not do, or need in order to awaken, has dissolved.

• Like 5

Well this world doesn't need any fixing, and that's also why you don't have the ability to fix it, cause you don't need that ability to begin with. And the changes, yeah, they are always for the better.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, silent thunder said:

I am no longer possessed of any notion of what could change the world more effectively than healing my own small awareness.

Any presumptions that I can know what is best, or know what others should do, or should not do, or need in order to awaken, has dissolved.

And yet your 'small' awareness is identical in nature to its universal counterpart, making your dispossession quite contagious. Or would you presume these changes in your awareness stand apart from and have no effects upon the world around you?  :)

Is Your healing not My healing?

Edited by neti neti

3 hours ago, neti neti said:

And yet your 'small' awareness is identical in nature to its universal counterpart, making your dispossession quite contagious. Or would you presume these changes in your awareness stand apart from and have no effects upon the world around you?  :)

Is Your healing not My healing?

As Above, So Below; As Within... Without. 

Indra's Net.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, silent thunder said:

As Above, So Below; As Within... Without. 

Indra's Net.

Then we would agree that if the micro & macrocosm is but one self-reflecting organism, the seemingly destructive growing pains cannot help but manifest to bear the scars of healing.

The lotus from mud, the phoenix from ashes? The glory from ruin, the pleasure from pain? Contrast and metaphor may serve as enlightening guideposts, they however remain as part and parcel of the very same net. The same net which presumes it can paint itself into a coherent structure to the exclusion of its inherent abstraction.

From that same net arises the presumption that one cannot know what is best, or not best, for the 'other';

and from that same net is derived the angst and striving for lasting changes amongst its ever-changeful-ness.

That which dissolves remains, it merely recreates itself in apparently differing names and forms. In changing, the changer changes all. In healing, the healer heals himself. In awakening, one awakens their entire world.

Edited by neti neti
  • Thanks 1

The world does need changing because "the world" is the human culture, which is harming many beings and is degenerated and full of sorrow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

The world does need changing because "the world" is the human culture, which is harming many beings and is degenerated and full of sorrow.

So, change your world... now?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 5:31 PM, Jadespear said:

Then you should be cheering Trump's efforts to take down the deep state, which is rooted in the fraud known as central banking ;)

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, Jadespear said:

Here's a plan.  There are Indians in the Amazon fighting for the last vestiges of wilderness on the planet, which happens to also be their home.  There are people on both sides being killed and assassinated, but mostly it's the Indians who get it done to them. They are killed by police, soldiers, paramilitary groups, loggers, and Chinese assassins (gold and oil miners).  Their home (and yours) is being destroyed.  Right Now!

The pigs never stopped, it's still happening. 

Maybe some people should put their money where their mouth is and go fight on the side of the Indians.  If people would rather stay in the safety of their homes and lament then at least they can send lawyers, guns, and money.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:19 AM, Jadespear said:

..just want to clarify.  Im not looking to save the world by any means... just to live in it differently free of the ills of civilization. 

There was a man who moved to Alaska a long time ago. He built a cabin. He hunted, fished, and gathered berries.  He even filmed it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Here's a plan.  There are Indians in the Amazon fighting for the last vestiges of wilderness on the planet, which happens to also be their home.  There are people on both sides being killed and assassinated, but mostly it's the Indians who get it done to them. They are killed by police, soldiers, paramilitary groups, loggers, and Chinese assassins (gold and oil miners).  Their home (and yours) is being destroyed.  Right Now!

The pigs never stopped, it's still happening. 

Maybe some people should put their money where their mouth is and go fight on the side of the Indians.  If people would rather stay in the safety of their homes and lament then at least they can send lawyers, guns, and money.

Bingo!

9 hours ago, neti neti said:

Then we would agree <snip>

i seem to know only one thing

of relative certainty...

awareness is

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

i seem to know only one thing

of relative certainty...

awareness is

Same here, and, I would hope so.

But if intuition holds any merit, I'm relatively certain you're just being modest. :)

That by which one knows oneself is itself one's nature, indeed.