Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

Is the earth hollow?

On 6/1/2019 at 9:28 AM, Pilgrim said:

First you need to define how you are using the word fundamentalism. Is it in the religious sense or the broader sense of adhering to the basic literal interpretation of any subject or discipline?

Last I looked the world has always been drenched in religion. This ism or that anity and tend to think well to each their own. Except when used as an excuse to commit atrocities or to declare some right over others just because of beliefs or the insanity of claiming because our holy texts demands this treatment or that of infidels.  

Now in the broader sense people no longer trust governments or the elites in power.  I get this because the fact of the matter is if you are not wealthy you have no chance of getting elected. 

Those in power have always been either the wealthy of conquers usually both.

The majority are not. When people lose trust in government which runs education then they lose trust in what was taught.

When people realize the news they are told is propaganda they lose trust in what they have come to respect.

When all trust is gone then people foolishly believe all opinions carry equal weight even the village idiots.

When laws are unjust people believe, behavior of their choice is acceptable regardless of the consequences. 

The list goes on and on but the answer remains the same left afloat in a sea of your on your own to figure it out people are starting with two plus two equals four, unfortunately however it just as often leads to 3, 5, or 7 as there are no basic tenants being observed so they are making up their own based on all manner of input.

I don't think of fundamentalism as applying only to religion but rather to all aspects of social life. When I said fundamentalism is being fomented around the world I meant in all it's form.  Socially, in the US, it takes the form of cultivating immaturity to truly lofty heights, blended with the intense stupidification of the population.  This makes Christian fundamentalism the norm among blue collar workers.  In other arts of the world Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan all used to be modern moderate countries and they are now all controlled by religious fundamentalists. The spread od Islam across Asia and into Euroe and the Americas is another asect of increasing fundamentalism.  It's simly being done because it creates better soldiers and slaves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I don't think of fundamentalism as applying only to religion but rather to all aspects of social life. When I said fundamentalism is being fomented around the world I meant in all it's form.  Socially, in the US, it takes the form of cultivating immaturity to truly lofty heights, blended with the intense stupidification of the population.  This makes Christian fundamentalism the norm among blue collar workers.  In other arts of the world Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan all used to be modern moderate countries and they are now all controlled by religious fundamentalists. The spread od Islam across Asia and into Euroe and the Americas is another asect of increasing fundamentalism.  It's simly being done because it creates better soldiers and slaves.

Well said

mine dues cursor  jump ... man I hate that !

How do you fix it ?

{ In case you dont know what it is ;

I will just start typing    and show you what happens when you dont correct it . of course because this is a demo it probably will not happen.  A friend told me it is due to an oversensitive 'finger mouse pad'  that picks up the movements of your hands near the pad as you type, but I am not sure as I am waving me hands all over the place now ... damn it !

I will have to try and replicate it manually on purpose

I am typing away and if one does not notice the cursor jumps to another part of the text and then you are typing there and it comes out gobbledegook :

I am typing away and ifer part of the te and then you are typing there and it comes out as gobbledegook.t one does not notice the cursor jumps to anoth

If I plug in a mouse, will that disable the built in  'finger mouse pad '  ???

The pad will still be active even if you plug a mouse in, so you'll also need to cover the pad with a metal plate so it doesn't sense the static electricity, maybe tin foil would do the trick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have gotten into the habit of continually moving the mouse pointer below where I type. That way, if it jumps, it doesn't mess up what I was typing.

I think it is a problem unique to laptops with a central touchpad. If you are using a mouse there may be a way to disable it.

Still waiting for your answer Starjumper...

21 hours ago, Starjumper said:

The pad will still be active even if you plug a mouse in, so you'll also need to cover the pad with a metal plate so it doesn't sense the static electricity, maybe tin foil would do the trick.

Ah ! Cover it with tin foil !    Cheers Bro !

ali2tinfoil.jpg

1 hour ago, DreamBliss said:

I have gotten into the habit of continually moving the mouse pointer below where I type. That way, if it jumps, it doesn't mess up what I was typing.

:huh:

Let me try that  (moves pointer to here  ) ... I wonder if it will really make a difference , I guess i will just have to keep typing until something happens - and i guess you mean move it each line .... not each letter  :D   THAT would take some time  to do . Anyway it looks like it isnt going to jump today , bastard ! 

But I will keep that in mind and try setting it below the line, each line and see what happens . DB if you have fixed my problem that has been cursing me for ages .... you will get an award !

I think it is a problem unique to laptops with a central touchpad. If you are using a mouse there may be a way to disable it.

I have been thinking of getting a new lappy lately  .....   I got this one as the cheapest available.

hqdefault.jpg

"I'm not here to answer your questions ."

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:12 PM, Nungali said:

mine dues cursor  jump ... man I hate that !

How do you fix it ?

{ In case you dont know what it is ;

I will just start typing    and show you what happens when you dont correct it . of course because this is a demo it probably will not happen.  A friend told me it is due to an oversensitive 'finger mouse pad'  that picks up the movements of your hands near the pad as you type, but I am not sure as I am waving me hands all over the place now ... damn it !

I will have to try and replicate it manually on purpose

I am typing away and if one does not notice the cursor jumps to another part of the text and then you are typing there and it comes out gobbledegook :

I am typing away and ifer part of the te and then you are typing there and it comes out as gobbledegook.t one does not notice the cursor jumps to anoth

If I plug in a mouse, will that disable the built in  'finger mouse pad '  ???

if you're on a windows device, go into device manager and you can disable the touchpad in there, it should be in the mouse section.  dont uninstall or it'll just redetect it.  reenable should be no problem.

happens to me on this danged thing too at times, and the problem is I think if you disable the touchpad it also disables the nipple-mouse in the middle of the keyboard, so you have to go all external if you do disable it.

.....  'nipple mouse ' .... ?    .....   '  in the middle of the keyboard '   ....  ? ? ?   :huh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

.....  'nipple mouse ' .... ?    .....   '  in the middle of the keyboard '   ....  ? ? ?   :huh:

Toggle ? Mine too Gateway, disables or enabled in Device Manager. 

I disagree however that I should bash the cultures of people other than my own , and shouldn't bash my own either. ... And by bashing , I mean making negative generalizations without a valid functional need.

But sometimes I indulge,,,, I suppose,,,,because I don't remember really. 

From where do we derive the expectation that gatherings of apes should result in wise behavior patterns? And why would it not be wise to have strong soldiers , when surrounded by other violent apes throwing barbs of their own?

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

there's crap tons of 'em that have both a touch pad and a little tiny joystick in between the G&H that moves the mouse around - no moving hands required to get to the mouse from the keyboard.  takes a little betting used to though.  not all models have it of course.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:15 PM, DreamBliss said:

By golly, I forgot all about your question ... or missed it.  I don't always read everything everyone writes, but when I do I usually regret it later.  Also, I discovered this great new invention called not answering stupid questions, but you can try again in case I missed it.

What is your question?  Hopefully it's something important about the way the univeres works or something along those lines.

Edited by Starjumper

On 6/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, Nungali said:

ali2tinfoil.jpg

That's for 5G, not mouses.

I used to set up mouse traps though, I always thought it would be special to have a fur lined jock strap.

On 6/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, Nungali said:

ali2tinfoil.jpg

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I used to set up mouse traps though, I always thought it would be special to have a fur lined jock strap.

Almost impossible to find actual tin foil any longer whether for personal hat or other small scale uses. 

It's all that aluminium tripe since WW2 it seems, though I swear my local mind recalls Mom having actual tin foil in the house in the 70's (though that may be my Mandela Effect showing again).  These days tin foil must be ordered from industrial suppliers and if not buying massive quantities... 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, joeblast said:

there's crap tons of 'em that have both a touch pad and a little tiny joystick in between the G&H that moves the mouse around - no moving hands required to get to the mouse from the keyboard.  takes a little betting used to though.  not all models have it of course.

<  looks closely   .>  ... nope ! That's a little bit of   croissant .

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Starjumper said:

And lots of gold  pearls.... and a mansion ...  and a bubble bath  and a slave to hold the toilet roll    ;

Edited by Nungali

21 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Almost impossible to find actual tin foil any longer whether for personal hat or other small scale uses. 

It's all that aluminium tripe since WW2 it seems, though I swear my local mind recalls Mom having actual tin foil in the house in the 70's (though that may be my Mandela Effect showing again).  These days tin foil must be ordered from industrial suppliers and if not buying massive quantities... 

History

Foil made from a thin leaf of tin was commercially available before its aluminium counterpart.[2] In the late 19th century and early 20th century, tin foil was in common use, and some people continue to refer to the new product by the name of the old one. Tin foil is stiffer than aluminium foil.[3] It tends to give a slight tin taste to food wrapped in it, which is a major reason it has largely been replaced by aluminium and other materials for wrapping food.

I DO remember tin foil, and I remember it being more stiff

and the timbre of the sound it makes when crumpled was different, raspier

Edited by joeblast

On 26/5/2019 at 3:17 PM, silent thunder said:

Toroidal Sphere seems a foundational form among a multitude of phenomenon in the universe. 

Applicable to stars, the earth's magnetic fields, gaseous fields, accretion disks dispersal patterns, the measurable magnetic field of the human heart, the potentiality field of electrons within atoms.

As above, so below.  As within, without.

Michael Winn spoke about the spiritual significance of the toroidal sphere in a workshop I attended years ago.  Fascinating stuff.  In addition to all the cosmic applications you mention, it´s also the shape of one of my favorite foods.  As above, so below.

• Haha 1

On 26/05/2019 at 5:05 PM, DreamBliss said:

Yes, the earth's core being as scientist's currently describe is a guess, because they have never seen it. They have never been there. They have no idea what it is, and their evidence is based on instruments designed to prove their hypothesis.

There is zero evidence either way, whether the earth is hollow or solid or liquid or whatever. And all we have that there is any "evidence" for this area is what other's tell us, instruments and measurements they tell us about. None of us have actually ever seen these instruments or done any of these measurements with them.

In other words, all you have is hearsay about the earth's core, hence all theories are equally valid.

Also why are you posting when all you can do is argue and contribute nothing to open-minded discussion? You are simply regurgitating out the same crap that you have been fed all your life. When will you stop doing that and begin to question things, begin to think for yourself?

I've taken a course on the Earth's interior on HarvardX (an EdX online class, you can find it here: https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-deep-earth-science), and the methods they have to measure and determine what the interior of the earth is like are pretty solid.

That said, you'll need quite a bit of data from a lot of seismographs in order to reach that conclusion. It isn't impossible to reach by ourselves, but you'll need to invest some money on it.

Another way to do it is to get samples from volcanoes and analyse what they are (physio-chemicaly) and then try to recreate that sort of rock in the lab. It has also been done with quite a bit of success, and as long as you have a few milions to spend on a diamond anvil (like que one shown in the video), you should be able to produce that kind of rock.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Hollow Earth theory crumbles on itself once we measure the crust's size and look to see if the crust would be able to hold its own structure given a strong gravitational pull. Just like how a spherical building would collapse on itself if it was hollow and there was a force pulling it inwards. That's not to mention that all lava and magma would need to exist in-between the layers of the crust, so it would be really difficult for that to work (not only you would have a spherical structure being pulled inwards, it would even have liquid in the middle of it, making the parts mobile).

I was quite amazed to know that the earth's mantle isn't magma or liquid, but actually solid - and becomes liquid only once it reaches a pocket of empty space in which it can leak through the crust (a volcano).

That's the guist of it. People don't need to see something to know how it is. We can't see electricity (no, lightning is not electricity, it is made of gases being ionized by the electric current), and it still can be measured. The same is valid for radio waves, television waves and so on.

You can't see them, but they're there.

The same with the earth's interior.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I suspect my field of awareness, if it had a shape, would be a toroidal sphere...

I'm sure you have some measure of awareness of your center B)

I suspect my field of awareness somehow involves multiply connected spaces :lol:

Edited by joeblast

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I suspect my field of awareness, if it had a shape, would be a toroidal sphere...

3 hours ago, joeblast said:

I'm sure you have some measure of awareness of your center B)

I suspect my field of awareness somehow involves multiply connected spaces :lol:

My own suspicion is that awareness is not easily pigeonholed into any particular shape.  Awareness, at least at it´s most refined, cannot ultimately be said to be here and not there.  Awareness isn´t exactly a thing, not in the sense that we usually think of things: it can´t be precisely located in space.

Take Silent Thunder´s new avatar for example.  ST might conceive of it differently, but to my mind it´s a picture of awareness.  Put another way, it´s an awareness generating image, a meditation exercise disguised as an avatar.  On it´s face it´s a small green dot on a black background.  Although the dot has dimension on the page, I like to think that metaphorically it´s an infintisimal dot.  And yet, contemplating that speck of infinite smallness, my own awareness expands.  So what then is awareness -- something very small or something very big?  I think both.  The difficulty we have wrapping our minds around that contradiction is precisely the point.

The seeming discrepancy in the above two quoted posts is much the same.  Is awareness located at the center or does it take the form of a toroidal sphere?  Again, I think both.  What if an awareness of the center generates the energetic pattern of the toroidal sphere?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this