paragon

Indigo children - fact or load of crap?

Just been reading about the “indigo children” claim and did a test that shows I have a 90% certainty of being one.  I’d love all this to be true as it would give me a lot of answers about my life.  However, I’m having a difficult time distinguishing what constitutes an indigo child from what constitutes a spoilt brat.  It seems more likely to be a psyop designed to give toxic parents an excuse for their failures, and of course to give Generation Participation-Award an excuse for bad behavior and more reasons to convince themselves of their uniqueness and preciousness.  e.g. Indigos apparently have a sense of superiority and entitlement, poor social skills - preferring frequent solitude; high intelligence but often do poorly in school or work, and scattered/varied interests.  Anyone spot a problem?  I'd be curious to see how much of that was in the original book written in the 70s, too, and how much has been added since chronic device addiction became a problem.

Furthermore, no-one can seem to agree on the specifics - some sites claim that all children being born now are indigos (God help us!)  while others claim all newborns are “rainbow children” etc.

Can anyone who can see auras tell me if there’s any truth in this?  Or is it just a case of new age people believing anything they read as long as it sounds nice?

10 minutes ago, paragon said:

Or is it just a case of new age people believing anything they read as long as it sounds nice?

I think you pretty much answered your own questions.

I believe most of us have many of the qualities/traits ascribed to the indigo.

According to a test I just took I am one too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I don't think they're normal human characteristics, but fairly common in Generation Y and beyond.  But again, the tests will vary because the criteria vary, depending on who you ask.

1 hour ago, paragon said:

Just been reading about the “indigo children” claim and did a test that shows I have a 90% certainty of being one.  I’d love all this to be true as it would give me a lot of answers about my life.  However, I’m having a difficult time distinguishing what constitutes an indigo child from what constitutes a spoilt brat.  It seems more likely to be a psyop designed to give toxic parents an excuse for their failures, and of course to give Generation Participation-Award an excuse for bad behavior and more reasons to convince themselves of their uniqueness and preciousness.  e.g. Indigos apparently have a sense of superiority and entitlement, poor social skills - preferring frequent solitude; high intelligence but often do poorly in school or work, and scattered/varied interests.  Anyone spot a problem?  I'd be curious to see how much of that was in the original book written in the 70s, too, and how much has been added since chronic device addiction became a problem.

Furthermore, no-one can seem to agree on the specifics - some sites claim that all children being born now are indigos (God help us!)  while others claim all newborns are “rainbow children” etc.

Can anyone who can see auras tell me if there’s any truth in this?  Or is it just a case of new age people believing anything they read as long as it sounds nice?

It is just a case of new age people believing anything they read as long as it sounds nice.

and

a psyop designed to give toxic parents an excuse for their failures, and of course to give Generation Participation-Award an excuse for bad behaviour and more reasons to convince themselves of their uniqueness and preciousness. 

My little niece fits the descriptions in your post . She  IS a little darling ... and extraordinarily talented.. and unfortunately   badly autistic. .

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

I think you pretty much answered your own questions.

That is because all of us a somewhere on the 'autistic spectrum' . its only when we are high enough on the spectrum  that individuals  present with problems with social communication and interaction; and restricted, repetitive patterns of behaviour, interests or activities that they are considered 'autistic' .

For example, not many people think I am low scale autistic ... they just think I am an arsehole .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indigo's are very real in my experience. 

I didn't look at your test, but I'd be mighty skeptical of the source of info the test is basing its judgements and descriptions on.

Astrological descriptions can be so vague and puffy as to cover most of the population, doesn't mean all astrological information is useless.

Always important to be authentic and present in these manners and not simply reject whole swathes of life on reaction.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, when the water is soiled.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I didn't look at your test, but I'd be mighty skeptical of the source of info the test is basing its judgements and descriptions on.

Astrological descriptions can be so vague and puffy as to cover most of the population, doesn't mean all astrological information is useless.

Always important to be authentic and present in these manners and not simply reject whole swathes of life on reaction.

I agree completely, which is why I'm asking the question. :)  At the same time, I do require some evidence behind claims before I accept them.  Care to elaborate on your experience with them?  Can you see their auras, or how do you know they are real? Thanks :)

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

You mean if it has turned an indigo colour  ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paragon said:

I agree completely, which is why I'm asking the question. :)  At the same time, I do require some evidence behind claims before I accept them.  Care to elaborate on your experience with them?  Can you see their auras, or how do you know they are real? Thanks :)

What can any man take from the word or experience of another?

I have never known the mind of even my wife, the mother of my son, except when and what she chooses to share.

And then, as with anyone, it lies with me to look within and find the truth of their words resonating or not within my own awareness.

You have the anchor of the universe in you.

As does every blade of grass, every stone and every ant.

The answer you seek.  Your truth... how could I or anyone know that better?

You already know it. 

My answer, is not yours.

But one thing I have witnessed in my wife's path of awakening is that an earnest question...

From my own very essence I have experienced... when one asks of absolute reality with complete authenticity.

There is always an answer.

Do I always hear clearly and do I possess the ken to comprehend seems the only distinguishing features.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paragon said:

At the same time, I do require some evidence behind claims before I accept them. 

The other part of you is more reliable than the part of you that needs "evidence".

Forget about these agendas and give less of a ***.

sss.jpg.78e3512d7540ba8df34755d4fc8569f3.jpg

Edited by rideforever
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

What can any man take from the word or experience of another?

I have never known the mind of even my wife, the mother of my son, except when and what she chooses to share.

And then, as with anyone, it lies with me to look within and find the truth of their words resonating or not within my own awareness.

You have the anchor of the universe in you.

As does every blade of grass, every stone and every ant.

The answer you seek.  Your truth... how could I or anyone know that better?

You already know it. 

My answer, is not yours.

But one thing I have witnessed in my wife's path of awakening is that an earnest question...

From my own very essence I have experienced... when one asks of absolute reality with complete authenticity.

There is always an answer.

Do I always hear clearly and do I possess the ken to comprehend seems the only distinguishing features.

Thank you very much for your reply.  :) This has taken a rather more philosophical turn than I was expecting.  I’m not sure that discussions such as this are actually that useful to have, but just because I’m an Indigo and have an opinion on everything ;) here goes.

I have issues with conflating objective reality and intuitive experience.  We know the great power of conscious belief in molding one’s experience - Christianity, just as one example, can be palpably true to a devoted believer even though its central teachings are objectively false.  Not to single out Christianity, it’s just the most obvious example of intuitive experience leading one to an objectively false conclusion.  Of course there are limitless other intuitive experiences a person could have that would lead them to other conclusions with just as much confidence, but which would be antithetical to Christianity.

This is why we must use both logic and intuition; reason and feeling.  All truth and virtue is a matter of finding the mean between the extremes.  We all know the great problems and limitations of the naturalist method, but the other extreme is to assume that everything we intuitively feel equates with reality.  People who do this without subjecting their intuitive beliefs to at least occasional scrutiny from their God-given sense of reason usually end up falling into cuckoo spiritual beliefs.  Or they confuse genuine intuition with a mere liking for a particular belief, which they then adopt and defend with religious fervor based on nothing other than it making them feel good.  They're all heart and no head, just like the hardened naturalist is all head and no heart.  I know we've all met one of these people at spiritual gatherings (minimum!)  :D

All this is to say that there is a role for objective evidence in our lives.  You feel the indigos are true, I feel that they’re not.  The only way, then, to determine the truth of the matter is to ask whether any objective evidence exists to support this belief.  To date, none has been forthcoming.  Anyone?

7 minutes ago, rideforever said:

The other part of you is more reliable than the part of you that needs "evidence".

Forget about these agendas and give less of a ***.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. :)

I think you describe the situation correctly.

The degeneration of the food supply, arable soils, and the arts and humanities is clear for all to see.

Society is like Windows 10, it watches every move you make it tells you it gives you things but in fact it is just feeding off of you.
It betrays you especially with it's ideas that it pumps into your head to keep you weak for your whole life.

The solution is like this :
- you are a crop growing on soil; choose the soil carefully through all streams, physical emotional mental.  choose very very carefully.

- to grow crops must work, all aspects are cultivated through challenge and learning, nothing is free

- your job is you

- life has always challenges

- there is great danger, but also life will be with you if you wish to live in the light

- there have always been great men, like Nietzsche, who were like a rocket that reached escape velocity

This concept appeared in popular media right after vaccination was made immune from lawsuits.

Previously, in the late 1960s, many retarded children resulted from the newly introduce MMR and Dtap vaccines.

Polio vaccine up to 1963 contained a cancer-causing virus, SV40, derived from monkeys.

AIDS virus is patented and distributed by US special weapons group, in vaccines.

Right now, with 72 vaccinations, 70% of the population is taking prescription medications for degenerative illnesses, including auto-immune illnesses, and autism rate is about 1 in 34.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

-VonKrankenhaus

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

This concept appeared in popular media right after vaccination was made immune from lawsuits.

Previously, in the late 1960s, many retarded children resulted from the newly introduce MMR and Dtap vaccines.

Polio vaccine up to 1963 contained a cancer-causing virus, SV40, derived from monkeys.

AIDS virus is patented and distributed by US special weapons group, in vaccines.

Right now, with 72 vaccinations, 70% of the population is taking prescription medications for degenerative illnesses, including auto-immune illnesses, and autism rate is about 1 in 34.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

Thanks very much for your reply and interesting information.  I just wanted to point out that AIDS doesn't even exist.  There's a list of about 20 other diseases that constitute an AIDS death and if a person tests positive for the harmless HIV virus then dies from one of those conditions, it's deemed AIDS.  Here's the list.   Refer to the heading "CDC AIDS-defining conditions".

7 hours ago, paragon said:

I just wanted to point out that AIDS doesn't even exist.

Are indigo children immune to AIDS? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Are indigo children immune to AIDS? 

Well I certainly hope so - they are , after all, the only hope for humanity.  The shining light that will lead us all to walk on water and turn ash into gold! 

UK 2014, from BBC report

43% of men and 50% of women reported that they had taken at least one prescribed medicine in the last week. Almost a quarter of men (22%) and women (24%) reported that they had taken at least three prescribed medicines in the last week. This proportion increased with age, with more than half of participants aged 65-74, and more than 70% of those aged 75 and over, having taken at least three prescribed medicines.
On average, 18.7 prescription medicines were dispensed per head of population in 2013.
The most frequently reported prescribed classes of medicines were cholesterol-lowering drugs (16% of men and 12% of women), drugs to lower blood pressure (14% and 15% respectively) and for women, painkillers including NSAIDs (12%).

https://tinyurl.com/y2w9orpz

USA 2013, from Mayo Clinic

ROCHESTER, Minn. — Nearly 70 percent of Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and more than half take two, Mayo Clinic and Olmsted Medical Center researchers say. Antibiotics, antidepressants and painkilling opioids are most commonly prescribed, their study found. Twenty percent of patients are on five or more prescription medications, according to the findings, published online in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

"Often when people talk about health conditions they're talking about chronic conditions such as heart disease or diabetes," Dr. St. Sauver says. "However, the second most common prescription was for antidepressants — that suggests mental health is a huge issue and is something we should focus on. And the third most common drugs were opioids, which is a bit concerning considering their addicting nature."

Seventeen percent of those studied were prescribed antibiotics, 13 percent were taking antidepressants and 13 percent were on opioids. Drugs to lower lipids, such as cholesterol, came in
fourth (11 percent) and vaccines were fifth (11 percent). Drugs were prescribed to both men and women across all age groups, except high blood pressure drugs, which were seldom used before age 30.

https://tinyurl.com/yy6obv5r

Reinterpreting the Indigo Children traits listed on Wikipedia:

Are empathetic, curious, and strong-willed

Do not know who they are

Are often perceived by friends and family as being strange

They are strange and so are the parents

Possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose

... as victim

Show a strong innate subconscious spirituality from early childhood (which, however, does not necessarily imply a direct interest in spiritual or religious areas)

Retreating into the inner world

Have a strong feeling of entitlement, or deserving to be here

Desperate to justify themselves in a world without places for people

Other alleged traits include:

High intelligence quotient

Overthinking and spending too much time on their own

Inherent intuitive ability

Emotionally co-dependent with family, overly emotional 

Resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority

No authorities are present that are worth much

10 hours ago, rideforever said:

Reinterpreting the Indigo Children traits listed on Wikipedia:

Are empathetic, curious, and strong-willed

Do not know who they are

Are often perceived by friends and family as being strange

They are strange and so are the parents

Possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose

... as victim

Show a strong innate subconscious spirituality from early childhood (which, however, does not necessarily imply a direct interest in spiritual or religious areas)

Retreating into the inner world

Have a strong feeling of entitlement, or deserving to be here

Desperate to justify themselves in a world without places for people

Other alleged traits include:

High intelligence quotient

Overthinking and spending too much time on their own

Inherent intuitive ability

Emotionally co-dependent with family, overly emotional 

Resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority

No authorities are present that are worth much

I'm starting to think everyone on this forum is an Indigo child.

:P:D;)

• Like 1